| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sion Sheevok
Gallente Bellum Aeternus Combined Planetary Union
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 19:04:00 -
[1]
Works like a charm, just sharing it for anyone interested and also to see if anyone thinks they can make an improvement upon it. I use it in 0.0 ratting against Angels, so I actually use 3 Armor Explosive Hardener IIs all the time. Live in a dead-end system and keep my eye on local so there's no risk of getting ganked unless I get stupid and miss local. So far, the closest to breaking my tank was 2 Angel BS and 3 Angel Cruisers. Once I was orbiting, it was all over for them. Their DPS barely pinged my armor.
Quote: High: Modal Neutron Particle Accelerator I (Antimatter Charge M) Modal Neutron Particle Accelerator I (Antimatter Charge M) Modal Neutron Particle Accelerator I (Antimatter Charge M) Salvager I
Medium: 10MN Afterburner II Tracking Computer II (Tracking Speed Script) Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II
Low: Medium Armor Repairer II Armor * Hardener II Armor * Hardener II Armor * Hardener II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Rigs: Capacitor Control Circuit I Capacitor Control Circuit I
Dronebay: Ogre II Ogre II Ogre II Ogre II Ogre II Hammerhead II Hammerhead II Hammerhead II Hammerhead II Hammerhead II
Cargohold: Antimatter Charge M
Only improvement I think I could make is... perhaps, my DPS could be higher against Angels if I use Minmatar T2 Drones. I'm not sure if the lesser base damage compared to Gallente T2 Drones will make them worse in the end however.
|

Economista
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 19:10:00 -
[2]
You'd be better off with zerkers. A nano fit would do just fine too.
|

Sion Sheevok
Gallente Bellum Aeternus Combined Planetary Union
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 19:17:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Sion Sheevok on 05/07/2008 19:23:37 So, the Minmatar T2 Drones will outdamage Gallente T2 Drones versus Angels? Wish there were a way for me to calculate it better but I'm not sure if I can test that in EFT somehow.
Update: Compared Berserker IIs to Ogre IIs in EFT versus an unfitted Machariel (All Skills to V), DPS is still higher with the Ogre IIs. 'course, that calculation is on an unfitted Machariel, I don't know what your average Angel BS fits in terms of tank, just that they're weakest to explosive damage.
|

AstroPhobic
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 19:23:00 -
[4]
Yes... but I don't have the numbers offhand. There's a few databases that have NPC resistances that you can take a look at. Also remember that zerkers are loads faster than ogres. 
|

Akuma Tsukai
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 19:27:00 -
[5]
Use zerks. Also as possible "imrovements": Try dumping CCCs and switch 1 hardener to DC and targeting comp for drone nav comp. with my not so perfect skills that is still cap stable with AB off and saves some iskies , have almost the same resists and "frees" 2 rig slots to play with. If u wanna orbit on AB u can always fit small Nos in that last high slot u have, it will do the trick.
---- Drones eat everything. Trust me. |

achoura
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 19:40:00 -
[6]
Single rep ishtar will tank any rats (right resists ofc), 3 hardeners are a waste with the return on them, particularly given those 3 recharges, swap two out for nav comps, add a cpr (beta), remove the blasters for additional salvagers - a cloak while good, needs to bed ded to fit the cpu -, add a mwd and swap the comp for a web (fleeting), add zerkers and you'll find you're done. Although you won't need rigs, they can be usefull but when the primary goal is profit, save the isk.
Blasters are great, but 800 dps is crap compared to the isk you're loosing in salvage, not to mention the fact you're using blasters with out a mwd or web. ***The EVE servers and their patches*** |

Sion Sheevok
Gallente Bellum Aeternus Combined Planetary Union
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 20:14:00 -
[7]
I can actually remain cap stable by removing a single Cap Recharger II and replacing it with a Drone Navigation Computer. Same tank, still perma-runs, with faster drones. If I were to take off the rigs, and use the DC and Drone Nav in place of the Track Comp, what would I replace the rigs with anyways? Can't think of anything worthwhile really...
|

Yaro
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 20:38:00 -
[8]
drop the tracking computer and fit omnidirectional tracking for drones. I think it is much better then tracking comp, cause your main damage comes from drones.
Also i would try to fit 1 tractor beam there. It makes things a bit quicker.
|

Sion Sheevok
Gallente Bellum Aeternus Combined Planetary Union
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 20:40:00 -
[9]
Originally by: achoura Single rep ishtar will tank any rats (right resists ofc), 3 hardeners are a waste with the return on them, particularly given those 3 recharges, swap two out for nav comps, add a cpr (beta), remove the blasters for additional salvagers - a cloak while good, needs to bed ded to fit the cpu -, add a mwd and swap the comp for a web (fleeting), add zerkers and you'll find you're done. Although you won't need rigs, they can be usefull but when the primary goal is profit, save the isk.
Blasters are great, but 800 dps is crap compared to the isk you're loosing in salvage, not to mention the fact you're using blasters with out a mwd or web.
I've considered replacing the tracking computer with a web but I'm not sure which really ultimately works better. Might just use the web since it'll slow enemies enough to make it unnecessary to have higher tracking. Then again, 30% increase in tracking is a pretty good deal.
Regarding salvage, I have a Brutix dedicated to it tricked out with the best I can get. I have issues with not using guns... they're a good 157 points of my DPS. Also, where'd you get 800 DPS from? This fitting with max skills still only goes up to about 650 with Ogre IIs.
Salvaging while I rat may work quite well and increase profit, only if it's viable however. I have to sit still or move slowly to salvage, making my MWD or AB pointless and my tank tiny against BS and Cr. To remedy that, there's tractors, but that lessens my salvage speed (salvage chance, technically) by 20 or 40 percent (1 or 2 fifths of the high slots).
Alot of the questions that would answer which would be better, all salvage highs or extra DPS highs, can only be answered through live tests, not calculations. There's the problem. Same with whether the web or tracking comp would be better. I'm undecided whether I'm motivated enough to actually record data on both fittings and see which averages out better...
|

Sion Sheevok
Gallente Bellum Aeternus Combined Planetary Union
|
Posted - 2008.07.05 20:47:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Yaro drop the tracking computer and fit omnidirectional tracking for drones. I think it is much better then tracking comp, cause your main damage comes from drones.
Also i would try to fit 1 tractor beam there. It makes things a bit quicker.
Might try that, another one of those annoying little things that I have to test and record and compare to decide. The actual TTK difference isn't calculable. Regarding a tractor, tractors operate on 500 m/s, the Ishtar with 10MN Afterburner II operates at 555 m/s with my skills and fit.
So far, potential improvements include: Salvagers in all high slots besides tractors. Omnidirectional tracking link instead of tracking computer.
|

Sion Sheevok
Gallente Bellum Aeternus Combined Planetary Union
|
Posted - 2008.07.06 18:18:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Sion Sheevok on 06/07/2008 18:37:57 Trying to test fittings out on SiSi but the TQ -> SiSi patch is down. Anyone know what the deal is? 404 error on finding the patch...
Update: Another option that I realized...
Quote: Mids: Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II 10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Lows: Medium Armor Repairer II Power Diagnostic System II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Faster, more DPS, less tank but speed probably makes up for it.
|

Dr Jamius
|
Posted - 2008.07.06 18:45:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Dr Jamius on 06/07/2008 18:44:46 Based on the requirements you have, ie a dead end system and Angel rats, the below should work fine. Cap stable, no propulsion required. Will tank and kill the rats just fine.
[Ishtar, Rat] Damage Control II Armor Explosive Hardener II Medium Armor Repairer II Armor Explosive Hardener II 800mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Drone Navigation Computer I Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I Eutectic I Capacitor Charge Array Eutectic I Capacitor Charge Array Cap Recharger II
Dual 150mm Railgun II, Iridium Charge M Dual 150mm Railgun II, Iridium Charge M Dual 150mm Railgun II, Iridium Charge M Salvager I Small Tractor Beam I
Capacitor Control Circuit I [empty rig slot]
Berserker II x5
|

Rainhailer
Gallente Einherjar Rising
|
Posted - 2008.07.06 19:14:00 -
[13]
This is easy.
Highs: 3x 200mm Autocannons with fusion. 1x Salvager 1x Cloak Mids: 1x 10mn MWD 2x Invul II 2x LSE II Lows: 2x OD II 3x CPR II Rigs: 2x Polycarbs Drones: 5x Berserker IIs 5x Vespa EC-600 5x Warrior IIs 5x Bouncer IIs
|

Athanasios Anastasiou
The Illuminati. Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2008.07.06 19:38:00 -
[14]
Nano ishtar works tbh. Orbit a rat, perma run mwd, launch drones, and alt-tab out.
Your choice for highs
1x 10mn MWD II 1x Cap battery II 1x warp disruptor II (for giggles) 2x LSE II
3x overdrives 2x nano
2x agility rigs
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |