| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lockc
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 00:33:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Lockc on 14/08/2008 00:33:24 I've got a beat up Dell Inspiron 1100 that I got from a friend that I'm trying to fix. The display isn't coming up but to work on the small problem first, I can't seem to re-attach the keyboard. I've got a ribbon on the bottom of it and a spot on the motherboard that it obviously goes in, only I think theres a connector missing on the keyboard, its just a strip of plastic, nothing to connect it. I'll post some images, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm missing, I'm not coming up with much on Google.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0400.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0401.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0402.jpg
|

Lockc
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 00:33:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Lockc on 14/08/2008 00:33:24 I've got a beat up Dell Inspiron 1100 that I got from a friend that I'm trying to fix. The display isn't coming up but to work on the small problem first, I can't seem to re-attach the keyboard. I've got a ribbon on the bottom of it and a spot on the motherboard that it obviously goes in, only I think theres a connector missing on the keyboard, its just a strip of plastic, nothing to connect it. I'll post some images, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm missing, I'm not coming up with much on Google.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0400.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0401.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0402.jpg
|

The TX
Gallente Earth Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 00:56:00 -
[3]
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0400.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0401.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/vinnsai/IMG_0402.jpg
it is SO easy to make links. why did you force me to make them for you, huh? HUH?!?!?
-------------------- [Signature]
[/Signature]
|

Lockc
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 01:01:00 -
[4]
Well, you still did.
|

Rawr Cristina
Caldari Omerta Syndicate
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 01:04:00 -
[5]
Originally by: The TX why did you force me to make them for you, huh? HUH?!?!?
it is ... ...your destiny

- Infectious - |

Mankirks Wife
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 01:26:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Mankirks Wife on 14/08/2008 01:29:14 With laptops (and other devices that use similar ribbon cables), there's usually either a really small socket it pushes down into, or a connector it lays down on top of with a small plastic clip that goes over the top. It's hard to tell from the pictures, there's only a few styles of laptop keyboards though, shouldn't be hard or expensive to replace if all else fails.
Most laptops have a tech manual available from the manufacturer (good for dis assembly instructions - some laptops are a real pain, as well as part information) - try checking around Dell's site. ---
|

Lockc
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 01:51:00 -
[7]
Yea I'm pretty sure I'm missing a connector on the end of it but I was hoping there was something I had missed 
|

Qanael Radlari
Caldari Kinetic Vector
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 06:03:00 -
[8]
From the few laptops I've disassembled, it seems you're missing the top part of that connector, that would hold the ribbon in place. 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |