| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Poz McAIDS
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:36:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Poz McAIDS on 04/09/2008 08:41:07 we have been wardecked by a single man corp.. he aggressed me and I easily tanked his attacks, had him warp scrambled, he was on 10% armour and I was thinking.. hes gonna die.
then his brother, who is a member of a different corp, undocks, drops a can, the war target flips the can to aggress the brother, the brother then remote reps the target.
I easily tanked one BS, but I didn't want to fight 2... so I tanked ofr a minute and redocked, and I was wondering if this is an exploit. Because we aren't really fighting one corp, the corp that wardecked us, we're fighitng anyone who knows this guy.
|

Adora Femella
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:39:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Poz McAIDS
Sounds like an exploit to me, but would need more info to to be certain.
|

RaTTuS
BIG Libertas Fidelitas
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:39:00 -
[3]
no exploit -- BIG Lottery, BIG Deal, InEve
|

MotherMoon
Huang Yinglong
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:39:00 -
[4]
yes it is totally a legal tactic.
|

Omnoms
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:41:00 -
[5]
haha guys, was editing the post.
|

Poz McAIDS
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:43:00 -
[6]
AND I posted it from an alt... im all fail this morning
|

Boobiencia
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:51:00 -
[7]
war dec his corp Sig removed, inappropriate content. Signature graphics may only contain your character name, corporation logo, corporation or personal slogan or other text that is directly related to your in-game persona, or content directly related to EVE Online. All content must be in good taste ~Saint |

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:54:00 -
[8]
I don't understand the can flipping part. Can flipping shouldn't have any effect: if A is shooting B and then C undocks and starts to RR A, then B should be able to shoot both A and C, no matter who can flips who, right? --
http://desusig.crumplecorn.com/sigs.html
|

midge Mo'yb
Antares Shipyards Vanguard.
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 08:54:00 -
[9]
Originally by: MotherMoon yes it is totally a legal tactic.
don tthink so, if you rep someone who is aggressed/war from another corp you get flagged to the attackers, he deployed a can so he could avoid the flagging to the attacker and rep himself.
petition it imo -----------------------------------------------
|

Franga
NQX Innovations
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 09:13:00 -
[10]
Originally by: midge Mo'yb
Originally by: MotherMoon yes it is totally a legal tactic.
don tthink so, if you rep someone who is aggressed/war from another corp you get flagged to the attackers, he deployed a can so he could avoid the flagging to the attacker and rep himself.
petition it imo
I tend to think this guy is right. An out-of-corp repper is still helping a war target and therefore should then become aggroed to the OP. Think it might be a 'sploit. ----------
|

MineralOel Steuer
Amarr OP EC
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 09:25:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Poz McAIDS Edited by: Poz McAIDS on 04/09/2008 08:41:07 we have been wardecked by a single man corp.. he aggressed me and I easily tanked his attacks, had him warp scrambled, he was on 10% armour and I was thinking.. hes gonna die.
then his brother, who is a member of a different corp, undocks, drops a can, the war target flips the can to aggress the brother, the brother then remote reps the target.
I easily tanked one BS, but I didn't want to fight 2... so I tanked ofr a minute and redocked, and I was wondering if this is an exploit. Because we aren't really fighting one corp, the corp that wardecked us, we're fighitng anyone who knows this guy.
Was his Avatar black? or why did you call his friend brother?
The only numbers I care about are 3-2-1-launch.. |

spider pig
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 09:34:00 -
[12]
lemmi guess? Rens Moon 8?
he didn't need to flip the can, most likely he was running low on cap boosters and his pal dropped some off. Its a valid tactic but it drives me nucking futs tbh!
|

Omnoms
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 09:55:00 -
[13]
i known its his brother cos they let it slip the first time the second guy was online.
The guys mate/brother was remote repping him, and he did flash red to me so I could have attacked him, but then I'd be fighting 2 battleships not one, which is a bigger ask.
so I did have the option of attacking the guy repping his brother - but i declined.
|

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 10:04:00 -
[14]
^^^ OK, yeah this is perfectly legit. I hear about NPC repper alts assisting war targets all the time. Imo it is insanely lame to use war decs and then hide behind NPC proection at the same time (dude is probably running both accounts)
But situations like these cannot be helped really. I suggest getting some friends who can bump them off station, then kill them. --
http://desusig.crumplecorn.com/sigs.html
|

midge Mo'yb
Antares Shipyards Vanguard.
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 10:29:00 -
[15]
Edited by: midge Mo''yb on 04/09/2008 10:30:43
Originally by: Vaal Erit ^^^ OK, yeah this is perfectly legit. I hear about NPC repper alts assisting war targets all the time. Imo it is insanely lame to use war decs and then hide behind NPC proection at the same time (dude is probably running both accounts)
But situations like these cannot be helped really. I suggest getting some friends who can bump them off station, then kill them.
when you assist a war target the attackers can attack you - did it last night whe na basilisk tryed to rep a fleet issue tempest we were killing, so we killed the basilisk
looting from the can must do something to stop the assisting player from been flagged
edit - nvm read the post above :P -----------------------------------------------
|

ShardowRhino
Caldari Legion 0f The Damned
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 10:44:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Franga
Originally by: midge Mo'yb
Originally by: MotherMoon yes it is totally a legal tactic.
don tthink so, if you rep someone who is aggressed/war from another corp you get flagged to the attackers, he deployed a can so he could avoid the flagging to the attacker and rep himself.
petition it imo
I tend to think this guy is right. An out-of-corp repper is still helping a war target and therefore should then become aggroed to the OP. Think it might be a 'sploit.
it doesn't appear that the OP is suggesting the repper wasn't aggroed towards him. I think the OP is saying that he had aggro towards the repper but didn't have the ability to tank both the target and his repping buddy. That left the OP no choice but to dock up.
Since the repper was aggroed, allowing the OP to fire, I don't technically believe that it was a sploit. If it was an exploit then the repper would not have been aggroed towards the OP, the repper would have had full immunity.
The question is this considered fair. Its fair in game terms/rules and as devs are concerned, since if it wasn't the OP wouldn't have gotten a chance to fire on the repper. The OP passed on firing on the repper, keeping the repper's guns and drones out of the fight.
Since the wardecing corp is 1 man, its likely that he controls the 1 and the repper and using the 1man corp as a buffer. I would suggest you simply learn his little trick since he probably doesn't have very many left up his sleeve. bait the guy when you have a few corpmates outside of the system then gank both the 1 man and the repper.
|

Devilish Ledoux
Caldari Jericho Fraction The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 10:46:00 -
[17]
Yeah, if the other guy didn't become a valid target after he started remote repping your war target, that's an exploit. _
|

Vek NaVek
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 10:48:00 -
[18]
Name and shame
|

El Mauru
Amarr Quantum Industries RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 11:00:00 -
[19]
Edited by: El Mauru on 04/09/2008 11:00:52 Fighting on stations is pretty much always fail (and also rather boring).
Either find a trick to lure him far away enough so people can't reach him in time or bait him into fighting you elsewhere.
(There's lots of awesome tricks if you ignore the concept of e-honor for a bit :-P) -
 |

Hot Tubes
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 11:19:00 -
[20]
Woah, slow down there a minute sparky...there's more to war than station fighting?
In all seriousness though I need to find out about these, the only battles I have ever been in were right outside stations. Seems to be the only place to catch war targets most of the time. Never really just catch them in a belt or anything when it suits to fight.
|

Jim Fung
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 13:26:00 -
[21]
ok thanks guys.. its my corp hes dec'd, and were are new and nooby, omnoms is our only decent tank.
we need to get this guy out in the open where he will be easier to kill off.
|

Lubomir Penev
interimo
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 13:36:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Poz McAIDS
then his brother, who is a member of a different corp, undocks, drops a can, the war target flips the can to aggress the brother, the brother then remote reps the target.
You can remote rep anyone anytime anywhere. The can dropping part as likely the brother giving supplies, cap boosters, ammo...
And yes perfectly legitimate tactic, your own friends can help you too. -- I'm done whining about AFs, it looks like they are making them right \o/ |

Major PewPew
The Dark Horses
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 13:40:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Poz McAIDS Edited by: Poz McAIDS on 04/09/2008 08:41:07 we have been wardecked by a single man corp.. he aggressed me and I easily tanked his attacks, had him warp scrambled, he was on 10% armour and I was thinking.. hes gonna die.
then his brother, who is a member of a different corp, undocks, drops a can, the war target flips the can to aggress the brother, the brother then remote reps the target.
I easily tanked one BS, but I didn't want to fight 2... so I tanked ofr a minute and redocked, and I was wondering if this is an exploit. Because we aren't really fighting one corp, the corp that wardecked us, we're fighitng anyone who knows this guy.
technically he didnt need the can flip to happen for him to remote rep. You are not a victim here. Remote repping is a valid tactic. |

Joss Sparq
Caldari ANZAC ALLIANCE Southern Cross Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 13:56:00 -
[24]
When in doubt, ignore the forum hear-say and file your concerns within a well written petition. |

Omnoms
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 15:08:00 -
[25]
didnt think you could remote reo anyone anywhere, i thought it counted as opening fire - not sure im right or wrong tho.
|

Anaalys Fluuterby
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 15:19:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Omnoms didnt think you could remote reo anyone anywhere, i thought it counted as opening fire - not sure im right or wrong tho.
Nope, CCP fixed that about 8 months or so ago you can remote rep any PC, but you become a valid target to their aggressors. If you remote rep a hostile NPC, then Concord responds and teaches you not to try to safely let a NPC ganks someone else while not being in danger yourself  -------------------------------------------------
Originally by: CCP Wrangler
Not it isn't, people should be encouraged to get out in low sec space, but never forced to do so.
|

Somealt Ofmine
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 15:51:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Somealt Ofmine on 04/09/2008 15:54:11 Yeah, it's an exploit, and, just so you know, you actually BROKE THE EULA by posting it here. It's that little bit about reporting exploitable bugs, instead of TELLING OTHERS ABOUT THEM.
Petition when you see things like this, bud. Don't report them here. In general, anything that allows you to fight or aid someone in a fight without becoming aggressed yourself is an exploit. The devs don't intend for you to be able to do that, and the guys you were fighting should have reported it, instead of using it. Using it breaks the EULA. Report it.
|

amGreat
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 15:59:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Somealt Ofmine Edited by: Somealt Ofmine on 04/09/2008 15:54:11 Yeah, it's an exploit, and, just so you know, you actually BROKE THE EULA by posting it here. It's that little bit about reporting exploitable bugs, instead of TELLING OTHERS ABOUT THEM.
Petition when you see things like this, bud. Don't report them here. In general, anything that allows you to fight or aid someone in a fight without becoming aggressed yourself is an exploit. The devs don't intend for you to be able to do that, and the guys you were fighting should have reported it, instead of using it. Using it breaks the EULA. Report it.
nope, aggro mechanics work as intended. read before posting plz. The RR became a valid target, but because if the OP attacked the RR ship it would have been 2 on 1 so he docked up, which makes the OP about 100x smarter than you.
|

Somealt Ofmine
|
Posted - 2008.09.04 16:09:00 -
[29]
Edited by: Somealt Ofmine on 04/09/2008 16:09:28
Originally by: amGreat
nope, aggro mechanics work as intended. read before posting plz. The RR became a valid target, but because if the OP attacked the RR ship it would have been 2 on 1 so he docked up, which makes the OP about 100x smarter than you.
Well, I assumed like everyone else did that the guy somehow bypassed the aggression mechanics with his can-flip. He never mentions in the OP that the guy became a valid target for him. I don't get what the can flip was all about then.
So, the FOTM is a one man corp war deccing folks and then getting repped by out of corp alts or friends when he gets engaged huh? Lame. The whines will be amusing when it gets nerfed.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |