| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

justyski
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 17:22:00 -
[1]
Just an idea but dosent everything work just too perfectly in EVE to be realistic. Weapons never jam or implode, tracking and targeting computers never dont or cant lock, engines and warps always work and my favourite, warp gates always send you to the desired destination.
Why can guns and shields malfunction, unless covered by maintenance modules, this could also be applied to ship type and race, minitar cruisers malfunction more but are better at repairs etc.
Tracking computers should be more unstable and be confused by surroundings, like asteroid belts, maybe the lock could break if a ship enters deep in to a belt to escape meaning escape can be as much hide and seek!
And why do warp gates not malfunction and accidently send you to an undesired location, especially the gates furthur out in unpopulated space which would not be as highly maintained as empire space. This makes mining and gate camping a lot more unpredictable.
Why do asteroids not move so much or cause damage? Shouldnt they be a bit more than lumps of floating brown things that I might be able to make money of, the better the rewarsds the more danger involved in "wild asteroid/meteor fields". I am fed up as well accidently bumping into them while flying through more dense belts.Means also that the predictable pirate attack will not be so boring.
And finally, why cant we lay mine fields? just for fun to make life difficult for belts or stations that are contested, and use a wine sweeper device to neutralise the mines or a specific ship for the job.
I know the technical limitations of online gaming are there but surely some of this could be applied?? and any changes or suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read this. J For Universal Contectivity Kill Your Own Understanding... |

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 17:26:00 -
[2]
Idea Lab. 
Convert Stations
|

justyski
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 17:29:00 -
[3]
good point. sorry
but nobody goes to Idea Lab.
I want a discussion anyway, thats why I posted here.
Also just so you all know I am not mental I am on a com which dosent have EVE so I am sharing (swamping some might say) the forums cause I love arguements and I love EVE. So there.
 For Universal Contectivity Kill Your Own Understanding... |

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 17:30:00 -
[4]
If you go there somebody is.
Convert Stations
|

Bug
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 17:48:00 -
[5]
Originally by: justyski but nobody goes to Idea Lab.
Nobody, 'cept the people with idea's and the lead developers of the game ofcourse. :)
As for your idea, EVE lacks realism on all fronts.. from the way space ships move, to the sounds that exploding missiles and firing turrets make.To be blunt, if this game was 100% about realism, it would probably be allot more boring.
Besides, adding (even more) random factors to EVE combat is the last thing we need.Combat should be less about being just plain lucky, and more about strategic choices and skill.
|

Barth3zzzNL
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 17:55:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Barth3zzzNL on 20/06/2004 17:58:07 I like that idea.
It would be nice if you could build "low quality" equipment and sell it. Low Q equipement would have a bigger chance of failing but would also be cheaper to produce. Youd of course have to wach out because evantually people will know youre only selling crapy equipment.
Edit: As for roid fields, it would be cool if you could "power down" your little frigate next to a roid making it hard to detect on sensor while hiding next to a big asteroid. Hoping that pirate will go away  ---------------------------
[Coreli Corporation Mainframe] |

Pandora Panda
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 17:55:00 -
[7]
I'm all for realism. I propose that we make all players start as infants, go through 15 years of boring, repetitive schooling, and then have to fly the 'Student Pilot' ship in defensive piloting 101 before we even give them an ibis.
For even more realism, lets put a 55% tax on all market transactions, escrow, player donations, player trades, NPCs, and agent rewards. Have to pay for CONCORD somehow, ya know? -------------------------------------------- CONCORD: Kneecapping Pilots for Misdemeanors Since 2003 |

Shifar
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 18:04:00 -
[8]
It's the future, every thing is super reliable and never breaks down.
|

Haitchi Allamut
|
Posted - 2004.06.20 18:05:00 -
[9]
Alot of the non realistic stuff in eve is explained in the chronicles, like the fact that things make sounds. Its Jovian techonoly to make it easyer for the pilots to adapt to space and so on 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |