| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Droidster
|
Posted - 2004.06.28 22:40:00 -
[1]
As far as I can see unless the target has implants bounties are pointless. If you set a bounty on somebody that is higher than the cost of their clone/implants they can just have a buddy kill them and the target gets the bounty!
Doesn't this make bounties more or less pointless?
_____________________________________________ I am motivated by various things, mostly ISK. |

Korben Allahn
|
Posted - 2004.06.28 22:43:00 -
[2]
Not pointless at all.
Bounties:
1. Give you the satisfaction of putting a hit out on someone you hate.
2. Are a mark of pride amongst criminals
3. Help ensure you can get revenge on someone you can't kill yourself.
4. Take away valuable Skills if the person doesn't have a decent clone
5. chain killing can blast your enemy back into the n00b age
6. Every time you do it, you're costing your enemy more money than you probably spent on the hit.
I keep a teddy bear in my pod with me. A teddy bear with sharp teeth, massive claws, and a pinache for eating the flesh of podded corpses. I call him "Fuzzy". |

Droidster
|
Posted - 2004.06.29 14:52:00 -
[3]
I don't think you read my post carefully. I will spell it out for you:
Joe Schmoe puts a bounty of 25 million on me. My clone only costs 3 million. So I go outside with a friend in 0.0 space. I eject from my ship. My friend kills my pod. He gives 20 million ISK of the bounty to me and keeps 5 million for himself. Instead of hurting me the bounty placer has just given me 20 million for nothing.
_____________________________________________ I am motivated by various things, mostly ISK. |

Korben Allahn
|
Posted - 2004.06.29 16:02:00 -
[4]
I'm relatively sure that could be considered an exploit....but a rather untrackable one.
However, what really prevents that is the use of implants. Implants are multimillion dollar instruments themselves; your clone might be cheap, and your ship could be the n00b frig, but if you're advanced enough a player to have ****ed somone off enough to have a 20m ISK bounty on your head, you're likely to have implants that double that cost, and you'd also lose hours of skills.
So unless you're an implantless n00b who is extremely charismatic and have a real pinache for douchebaggery, your scenario isn't realistic.
I keep a teddy bear in my pod with me. A teddy bear with sharp teeth, massive claws, and a pinache for eating the flesh of podded corpses. I call him "Fuzzy". |

gk0r
|
Posted - 2004.06.30 02:36:00 -
[5]
You're right Droidster - unless they have implants, bounties are useless junk from its standpoint ---------------------- I make up with stupidity for the rest of my corporation.
|

Svodairs
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 05:42:00 -
[6]
Actually they're useless anyway, since all the pirates (the smart ones) had their buddy kill them over and over and over before they started advancing their character anyway.
|

Svodairs
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 05:42:00 -
[7]
Actually they're useless anyway, since all the pirates (the smart ones) had their buddy kill them over and over and over before they started advancing their character anyway.
|

piercer
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 11:14:00 -
[8]
maybe they should implement something to make peeps with bounties have a weakness? e.g. for every 1mil placed on thier head thier ship has a 10% speed and movement decrease, making it harder for them to run away Or maybe they could have a 10% decrease in ship hull and armor?
100k = 1% ship hull decrease / speed decrease 200k = 2% ship hull decrease / speed decrease 1mil = 10% ship hull decrease / speed decrease 2mil = 15% ship hull decrease / speed decrease
etc. its just an idea, but it would make it a better reason for a bounty? |

piercer
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 11:14:00 -
[9]
maybe they should implement something to make peeps with bounties have a weakness? e.g. for every 1mil placed on thier head thier ship has a 10% speed and movement decrease, making it harder for them to run away Or maybe they could have a 10% decrease in ship hull and armor?
100k = 1% ship hull decrease / speed decrease 200k = 2% ship hull decrease / speed decrease 1mil = 10% ship hull decrease / speed decrease 2mil = 15% ship hull decrease / speed decrease
etc. its just an idea, but it would make it a better reason for a bounty? |

Valley Forge
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 15:17:00 -
[10]
I have always carried my bounty as a badge of honor in Empire space. It is somewhat amusing to see new players scattering in 1.0 systems when I pop into a belt. It has been some time since I actually engaged in PvP in the Empire, and have taken more to industrial activity (production and manufacturing) But it is still a hoot. My bounty was put on my head by a whiner who got into a dust up with me, lost his ship, then thought that the bounty would be something of an insult. Quite the opposite actually. I get several convo' a month asking about it...
Happy Hunting... Some Men are Born Mediocre, Some Men Strive for Mediocrity, and Some have Mediocrity Thrust Upon Them...
Joseph Heller - Catch-22
|

Valley Forge
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 15:17:00 -
[11]
I have always carried my bounty as a badge of honor in Empire space. It is somewhat amusing to see new players scattering in 1.0 systems when I pop into a belt. It has been some time since I actually engaged in PvP in the Empire, and have taken more to industrial activity (production and manufacturing) But it is still a hoot. My bounty was put on my head by a whiner who got into a dust up with me, lost his ship, then thought that the bounty would be something of an insult. Quite the opposite actually. I get several convo' a month asking about it...
Happy Hunting... Some Men are Born Mediocre, Some Men Strive for Mediocrity, and Some have Mediocrity Thrust Upon Them...
Joseph Heller - Catch-22
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |