| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

TreasureHunter
|
Posted - 2004.06.29 17:20:00 -
[1]
Hello, I would like to announce that soon I will be starting a new game in eve called Treasurehunt. Having made a fair amount of isk mining I am now looking for a new challage in eve apart from piracy/alliance wars etc, therefore I decided to set up this new game in the hope that it would "catch on". In the near future I will be setting up a dedicated corp with this charicter and possibly recruiting new members to help me run the game. However first Im going to run a couple more games to find my feet. Therefore I will be running another TreasureHunt next Sunday at 19:00 GMT
This is how the game will work:
- All the competitors will arrive in a cetain system at 19:00
A list will be handed out to all of the competitors that are taking part in the conest
The winner of the contest is the first person to return all the items on the list to me or a marshall
Other Info:
No interfearing with other pilots
The race will take place in empire space
Any ships/mods will be allowed
Some items will be obtainable from the market, or by rat hunting, others will have to be obtained from a marshall by finding and then locking onto his ship, once locked he will drop the item
There will be no more than ten items on the list
The entry fee will be 600k, to enter please send me the isk with a eve-mail saying that you have entered (the eve mail makes life easier for me)
Prizes:
1st Prize will be 25 million isk (out of my own wallet)
2nd prize will be a Thorax (again out of my own pocket)
If any corps would like to sponser this weekly event via the domation of prizes please convo me ingame. Im hoping to get a bigger turnout this time that the measily 3 people that turned up by handing out a substantial prize. 
Please do not flame me for tring this, as you can see im inveting a large amount of my own isk in this project, any tips that you could give me would be much apprechiated 
|

dosperado
|
Posted - 2004.06.29 17:59:00 -
[2]
Why are u using a six day old altchar for that?
Looks like a scam!?
/me remembers Zeepo's scam races in Amarr (lost 500k there) ____________________ CEO Denial of Service
NPC Mass Murderer | Security Status 6.4 |

TreasureHunter
|
Posted - 2004.06.29 18:05:00 -
[3]
Well, i created an alt so i can eventually start a new corp called "TreasureHunt" if I dont end up loosing too much isk from my next couple of comps. Also so i could call him treasurehunter, as in the game "treasurehunt"
|

X'Alor
|
Posted - 2004.06.29 18:19:00 -
[4]
Edited by: X'Alor on 29/06/2004 18:22:02 wow......don't flame and very first post.......harsh.
maybe he wanted the treasure hunter name for the treasure hunting weekly event organizer.
hmmmmmmmmmmm 
hope it works out for ya treasure, sounds interesting, especially being it would be a weekly event. Could be fun for a lot of bored players or newer chars not to sure about traveling about.
If it works out.......i might help with an occasional donation of some sort. Corp mate gets some single run BPC for some ships from his main agent, I could possibly get my hands on them and make some cheap frigates and or cruisers for prizes.
No promises yet but i'll keep watching and see how it grows, heck, might even make a frigie alt to help out if you do make that corp.
you could do some neat things with this, pending on how many people helped to run the event.
good luck for now
|

Xssassin
|
Posted - 2004.06.29 21:26:00 -
[5]
If you want n00bs to join in then you'll need to either lower the join fee or do a seperate one for n00bs which has a low join fee and smaller prizes. 600k is a lot for a n00b given the odds of them winning i.e. not that familar with the game and basic ships. I also prefer comps that have prizes for more position, maybe down to 5th place, makes you fell more like you have a chance of at least winning something.
|

Haratu
|
Posted - 2004.06.30 04:15:00 -
[6]
I must admit that it does look like a scam... even though it is a good idea.
600k is way too much for an entry fee, especially for noobs. 25mill and thoraxes are very large prizes and could be reduced to start with (allowing for more rounds).
My suggestion is to run the contest at a loss for a few rounds, make the entry fee about 50k for a while and if this is too much of a loss for you then reduce the prizes. I also recommend you use a more experienced character to do it so people know who to kill if you scam them...
I roleplay... there is this computer game called "Earth - The First Genesis" where i play a character in the early 21st century. |

Sill
|
Posted - 2004.06.30 13:30:00 -
[7]
If your asking for 600k from everyone how can you posibly say that you paying for the prizes from your own pocket????

|

OrbitalEffect
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 10:19:00 -
[8]
Man, 600 000 ISK for an entry fee? Way too rich and it does smell fishy. For the first few iterations of the hunt, ditch the entry fee. It'll- get the ball rolling and develop interest from the player base faster
- give the players piece-of-mind that you personally have nothing to gain monitarily
- protect you from crys of "fix!"
- allow you to work out any problems with the event setup and execution with a clear conscience
- similarly, if everything goes south, you'll avoid bitter feelings from the participants (i.e. what do you want for nothing?)
Just a few thoughts...
|

OrbitalEffect
|
Posted - 2004.07.01 10:19:00 -
[9]
Man, 600 000 ISK for an entry fee? Way too rich and it does smell fishy. For the first few iterations of the hunt, ditch the entry fee. It'll- get the ball rolling and develop interest from the player base faster
- give the players piece-of-mind that you personally have nothing to gain monitarily
- protect you from crys of "fix!"
- allow you to work out any problems with the event setup and execution with a clear conscience
- similarly, if everything goes south, you'll avoid bitter feelings from the participants (i.e. what do you want for nothing?)
Just a few thoughts...
|

MuttonChops III
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:29:00 -
[10]
Just a suggestion - If people feel that their money is going to be ripped off, perhaps suggest someone to hold the money who is independant of the event. Someone well known.
Its a thought anyhoo.
MC.
|

MuttonChops III
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:29:00 -
[11]
Just a suggestion - If people feel that their money is going to be ripped off, perhaps suggest someone to hold the money who is independant of the event. Someone well known.
Its a thought anyhoo.
MC.
|

Ivresse
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:50:00 -
[12]
Good to see some people are taking my guide to avoiding racing scams to heart... ---------------------
|

Ivresse
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:50:00 -
[13]
Good to see some people are taking my guide to avoiding racing scams to heart... ---------------------
|

Kopy Kat
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 13:53:00 -
[14]
Hi, I won last time as only 2 peeps entered. I'm going as its worth the 600K gamble in my opinion. The less peeps turn up the better btw its not hard to get the hang of which i intially thought it maybe.
|

Kopy Kat
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 13:53:00 -
[15]
Hi, I won last time as only 2 peeps entered. I'm going as its worth the 600K gamble in my opinion. The less peeps turn up the better btw its not hard to get the hang of which i intially thought it maybe.
|

TreasureHunter
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 16:16:00 -
[16]
Thanks for posting Kit Kat (even tho i sent you that mail asking you to post 3 days ago ) I hope this post will put people's mind at ease. Ive gotta say thanks to all the people that have given me advice, and I am pleased to announce that because of this there will now be a 3rd prize of 5mill!. Also, thanks to Haratu's idea, (which i cunningly stole and changed a bit) charicters less than 2 weeks old can enter for 50k
@ Ivresse, I don't mean to take your buisness away, i know you run similar races yourself but please don't do around accusing me of scamming people with no proof at all. The are penty of people willing to enter races like ours 
The race is still scheduled for 19:00 eve time (gmt)
|

TreasureHunter
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 16:16:00 -
[17]
Thanks for posting Kit Kat (even tho i sent you that mail asking you to post 3 days ago ) I hope this post will put people's mind at ease. Ive gotta say thanks to all the people that have given me advice, and I am pleased to announce that because of this there will now be a 3rd prize of 5mill!. Also, thanks to Haratu's idea, (which i cunningly stole and changed a bit) charicters less than 2 weeks old can enter for 50k
@ Ivresse, I don't mean to take your buisness away, i know you run similar races yourself but please don't do around accusing me of scamming people with no proof at all. The are penty of people willing to enter races like ours 
The race is still scheduled for 19:00 eve time (gmt)
|

G8torSkull
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 17:37:00 -
[18]
umm didnt i read a post somewhere that named kopy kat as a known scammer. but yet this guy has him vouching for his event?
|

G8torSkull
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 17:37:00 -
[19]
umm didnt i read a post somewhere that named kopy kat as a known scammer. but yet this guy has him vouching for his event?
|

Ivresse
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 17:57:00 -
[20]
Erm, I never actually said that you were scamming. I was merely saying that I was glad that people have taken my guide seriously and are taking precautions to be aware when they see any races. If you took that statement to say that I believe your hunt was a scam, I apologise but that was not the intention at all.
After what that scammer/ore-thief/idiot/simpleton/moron Zeepo did when he concocted that racing scam, it's necessary to take some precaution before hand before spending ISK on an event someone has created for the first time... ---------------------
|

Ivresse
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 17:57:00 -
[21]
Erm, I never actually said that you were scamming. I was merely saying that I was glad that people have taken my guide seriously and are taking precautions to be aware when they see any races. If you took that statement to say that I believe your hunt was a scam, I apologise but that was not the intention at all.
After what that scammer/ore-thief/idiot/simpleton/moron Zeepo did when he concocted that racing scam, it's necessary to take some precaution before hand before spending ISK on an event someone has created for the first time... ---------------------
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 18:10:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Shar Tegral on 04/07/2004 18:22:50
Originally by: Kopy Kat Hi, I won last time as only 2 peeps entered. I'm going as its worth the 600K gamble in my opinion. The less peeps turn up the better btw its not hard to get the hang of which i intially thought it maybe.
Now I know without a doubt... both Kopy Kat and Treasurehunter is Zeepo's current alts.
And I am out right saying that you are running a scam. I have proof, which I will -not- disclose. I don't have to honestly. And I would not want you to learn -how- I found out so that you can learn to not out yourself again. Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 18:10:00 -
[23]
Edited by: Shar Tegral on 04/07/2004 18:22:50
Originally by: Kopy Kat Hi, I won last time as only 2 peeps entered. I'm going as its worth the 600K gamble in my opinion. The less peeps turn up the better btw its not hard to get the hang of which i intially thought it maybe.
Now I know without a doubt... both Kopy Kat and Treasurehunter is Zeepo's current alts.
And I am out right saying that you are running a scam. I have proof, which I will -not- disclose. I don't have to honestly. And I would not want you to learn -how- I found out so that you can learn to not out yourself again. Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

dosperado
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 19:10:00 -
[24]
Quote: * The winner of the contest is the first person to return all the items on the list to me or a marshall
600k isk and the items
really nice scam
Maybe someone should ban Zeepos account ____________________ CEO Denial of Service
NPC Mass Murderer | Security Status 6.4 |

dosperado
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 19:10:00 -
[25]
Quote: * The winner of the contest is the first person to return all the items on the list to me or a marshall
600k isk and the items
really nice scam
Maybe someone should ban Zeepos account ____________________ CEO Denial of Service
NPC Mass Murderer | Security Status 6.4 |

Matt Ivresse
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 22:32:00 -
[26]
Man, I keep seeing Zeepo in Amarr, but of course I can't do anything to him without Concord attacking...do you think we could ask Concord to criminal tag him for the week so that we can all just shoot him when we see him?
Wish I could have DUI just declare war on him and not the corp he represents...
Oh, and btw, I take back my apology to TreasureHunter... ---------------------------
DUI Racing - The PREMIER Racing corporation for Racing fans out there in the world of |

Matt Ivresse
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 22:32:00 -
[27]
Man, I keep seeing Zeepo in Amarr, but of course I can't do anything to him without Concord attacking...do you think we could ask Concord to criminal tag him for the week so that we can all just shoot him when we see him?
Wish I could have DUI just declare war on him and not the corp he represents...
Oh, and btw, I take back my apology to TreasureHunter... ---------------------------
DUI Racing - The PREMIER Racing corporation for Racing fans out there in the world of |

ElricUK
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 23:14:00 -
[28]
I was curious so I participated in this event. About 9 others also took part.
A list of 10 items was given out, it included: any ship, a corpse, a pod, a ship log, a cow and some other junk.
The quickest upon handing over the items where then given a wp to meet a 'marshal' to recieve an item to race back to determine the final standing order.
By the time the quickest made it to the wp (discovering no marshal...) and back most pilots had handed over their set of items. This was also the point at which 'TreasureHunter' logged off. His last words were 'Regards Zeepo'.
Thankfully some of the participents were kind enough to hand out some prizes (apologies for forgetting names).
Although the event was actually a lot of fun, perhaps CCP might like to do something about this persons account to prevent him from scamming again, which someone with this sort of mentality will certainly do.
|

ElricUK
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 23:14:00 -
[29]
I was curious so I participated in this event. About 9 others also took part.
A list of 10 items was given out, it included: any ship, a corpse, a pod, a ship log, a cow and some other junk.
The quickest upon handing over the items where then given a wp to meet a 'marshal' to recieve an item to race back to determine the final standing order.
By the time the quickest made it to the wp (discovering no marshal...) and back most pilots had handed over their set of items. This was also the point at which 'TreasureHunter' logged off. His last words were 'Regards Zeepo'.
Thankfully some of the participents were kind enough to hand out some prizes (apologies for forgetting names).
Although the event was actually a lot of fun, perhaps CCP might like to do something about this persons account to prevent him from scamming again, which someone with this sort of mentality will certainly do.
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 23:36:00 -
[30]
"Hello Class" [In Chorus] "Hello Ms. Tegral!" "Today's Lesson is; Always read the news. Repeat after me."
"Always"
"Read"
"The"
"News" Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.04 23:36:00 -
[31]
"Hello Class" [In Chorus] "Hello Ms. Tegral!" "Today's Lesson is; Always read the news. Repeat after me."
"Always"
"Read"
"The"
"News" Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

G8torSkull
|
Posted - 2004.07.05 00:52:00 -
[32]
hence my post about kopy kat being a scammer and treasure having him vouch for him lmao. so u now know both of zeepos alts
|

G8torSkull
|
Posted - 2004.07.05 00:52:00 -
[33]
hence my post about kopy kat being a scammer and treasure having him vouch for him lmao. so u now know both of zeepos alts
|

Njoro Ganesh
|
Posted - 2004.07.05 21:43:00 -
[34]
Yes, always read the news :-) Lol, whish I had. The event was fun though. Treasurehunt and Zeepo was online at the same time, so he probably has more then one account....
They're on my KOS list, hope more will add them :-)
Njoro Ganesh
|

Njoro Ganesh
|
Posted - 2004.07.05 21:43:00 -
[35]
Yes, always read the news :-) Lol, whish I had. The event was fun though. Treasurehunt and Zeepo was online at the same time, so he probably has more then one account....
They're on my KOS list, hope more will add them :-)
Njoro Ganesh
|

Zeepo
|
Posted - 2004.07.06 19:10:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Zeepo on 06/07/2004 19:28:24 First of all I've got to say a big thanks to everybody that took part, I hope there are no hard feelings 
My respect goes to Shar Tegral, who not only found out that Treasurehunt was a scam well in advance, but also found out who my two alts were, fortunately for me lots of people don't read the news. Maybe you should rebrand yourself an investigative journalist? . I can see that you will be making my life considerably more difficult in the future. 
I've got to say a big sorry to Ivresse, I had to tactfully accuse you of trying to ruin the rep of the comp by suggesting that you were accusing me of scamming to try and shift the balance of the thread. However your suspicions were, in fact, correct all along. And I think as the most trusted and well known racing corp people will now tend to enter your races, rather than risk entering less well known ones
I think I made too many mistakes in this scam for it to work well, I didn't delete this thread for one, also the times/fees were changed as well as other small things. For such a high profile scam I didnt actually make that much isk, I make far greater amounts scamming lab slots, but I guess I just like a challenge.
PS: Shar, I'm going crazy trying to figure out how you found out my alts. I've got a couple of ideas but don't know for definite how you did it. Maybe you could contact me ingame ( I know you probly don't want to tell me, but I sure we can make a deal )
|

Zeepo
|
Posted - 2004.07.06 19:10:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Zeepo on 06/07/2004 19:28:24 First of all I've got to say a big thanks to everybody that took part, I hope there are no hard feelings 
My respect goes to Shar Tegral, who not only found out that Treasurehunt was a scam well in advance, but also found out who my two alts were, fortunately for me lots of people don't read the news. Maybe you should rebrand yourself an investigative journalist? . I can see that you will be making my life considerably more difficult in the future. 
I've got to say a big sorry to Ivresse, I had to tactfully accuse you of trying to ruin the rep of the comp by suggesting that you were accusing me of scamming to try and shift the balance of the thread. However your suspicions were, in fact, correct all along. And I think as the most trusted and well known racing corp people will now tend to enter your races, rather than risk entering less well known ones
I think I made too many mistakes in this scam for it to work well, I didn't delete this thread for one, also the times/fees were changed as well as other small things. For such a high profile scam I didnt actually make that much isk, I make far greater amounts scamming lab slots, but I guess I just like a challenge.
PS: Shar, I'm going crazy trying to figure out how you found out my alts. I've got a couple of ideas but don't know for definite how you did it. Maybe you could contact me ingame ( I know you probly don't want to tell me, but I sure we can make a deal )
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.06 20:13:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Zeepo First of all I've got to say a big thanks to everybody that took part, I hope there are no hard feelings 
This post is one of the reasons I "seemingly" defend you on occasion. While, as I repeatedly say, I find your activities deplorable once I step my mind to "outside" the game I can't help but applaud at your style and showmanship.
In many ways it is the existance of "evils" that give those of heroic frame of mind a path to self realization. Yeah... granted that is somewhat a chunk of pyschobabble for sure.. but it is true.
But once you step out of the game it is then time to sit back and indulge in sportsman-like behavior. Look at the effort, the results, and the flair with which the player "played" his game... and give them their just accolades.
Anything else is a bigger fruad then what Zeepo tries to commit on a regular basis.
Originally by: Zeepo My respect goes to Shar Tegral, who not only found out that Treasurehunt was a scam well in advance, but also found out who my two alts were, fortunately for me lots of people don't read the news. Maybe you should rebrand yourself an investigative journalist? . I can see that you will be making my life considerably more difficult in the future. 
Bah... nothing more than me playing my side of the equation.
Originally by: Zeepo PS: Shar, I'm going crazy trying to figure out how you found out my alts. I've got a couple of ideas but don't know for definite how you did it. Maybe you could contact me ingame ( I know you probly don't want to tell me, but I sure we can make a deal )
Lol... Before this statement I might've spilled the beans on it. But to know that it's driving you a bit mad is delightful enough to lock my lips shut forever.
Besides it's one of those things that engender two reactions: 1 - You step back in disbelief, thus never believing another word I say or, 2 - You step back in horror, that anyone can actually do this. Whichever would be likely, and those are the reactions I've had in the past, it's not infallible just very accurate most of the time.
And we actually could not come to an arrangement. As much as I applaud your wit and flair I have a responsibility to Eve Guardian. If I could come to such an arrangement then I am negotiable in my ethics... and that is the only thing I have that has an worth, an value, to the readers of Eve Guardian.
So no matter how tempting something is... I still could never accept.
Till next time...
Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.06 20:13:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Zeepo First of all I've got to say a big thanks to everybody that took part, I hope there are no hard feelings 
This post is one of the reasons I "seemingly" defend you on occasion. While, as I repeatedly say, I find your activities deplorable once I step my mind to "outside" the game I can't help but applaud at your style and showmanship.
In many ways it is the existance of "evils" that give those of heroic frame of mind a path to self realization. Yeah... granted that is somewhat a chunk of pyschobabble for sure.. but it is true.
But once you step out of the game it is then time to sit back and indulge in sportsman-like behavior. Look at the effort, the results, and the flair with which the player "played" his game... and give them their just accolades.
Anything else is a bigger fruad then what Zeepo tries to commit on a regular basis.
Originally by: Zeepo My respect goes to Shar Tegral, who not only found out that Treasurehunt was a scam well in advance, but also found out who my two alts were, fortunately for me lots of people don't read the news. Maybe you should rebrand yourself an investigative journalist? . I can see that you will be making my life considerably more difficult in the future. 
Bah... nothing more than me playing my side of the equation.
Originally by: Zeepo PS: Shar, I'm going crazy trying to figure out how you found out my alts. I've got a couple of ideas but don't know for definite how you did it. Maybe you could contact me ingame ( I know you probly don't want to tell me, but I sure we can make a deal )
Lol... Before this statement I might've spilled the beans on it. But to know that it's driving you a bit mad is delightful enough to lock my lips shut forever.
Besides it's one of those things that engender two reactions: 1 - You step back in disbelief, thus never believing another word I say or, 2 - You step back in horror, that anyone can actually do this. Whichever would be likely, and those are the reactions I've had in the past, it's not infallible just very accurate most of the time.
And we actually could not come to an arrangement. As much as I applaud your wit and flair I have a responsibility to Eve Guardian. If I could come to such an arrangement then I am negotiable in my ethics... and that is the only thing I have that has an worth, an value, to the readers of Eve Guardian.
So no matter how tempting something is... I still could never accept.
Till next time...
Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

Cruz
|
Posted - 2004.07.06 21:58:00 -
[40]
Hey even though this was a scam, im thinking about starting my own Treasure hunting corporation, dunno how im going to set it up, but ill think of something, seems like something fun to do, Ill probally set up an alt for the competition. ................. |

Cruz
|
Posted - 2004.07.06 21:58:00 -
[41]
Hey even though this was a scam, im thinking about starting my own Treasure hunting corporation, dunno how im going to set it up, but ill think of something, seems like something fun to do, Ill probally set up an alt for the competition. ................. |

JarmenKell
|
Posted - 2004.08.09 22:39:00 -
[42]
   all the way for 25 mills,
 first the contes is boring, i d rather mine - more fun staring at hemorphite.by the time im done i would be 0.000001 richer than race and look 50% dumper honestly man u gotta think of a better game, star wars racer is only ú3 i mean if its about the money go for it but i wanna have fun, getting scammed maybe
|

JarmenKell
|
Posted - 2004.08.09 22:39:00 -
[43]
   all the way for 25 mills,
 first the contes is boring, i d rather mine - more fun staring at hemorphite.by the time im done i would be 0.000001 richer than race and look 50% dumper honestly man u gotta think of a better game, star wars racer is only ú3 i mean if its about the money go for it but i wanna have fun, getting scammed maybe
|

Zeepo
|
Posted - 2004.08.10 22:37:00 -
[44]
Why dig up this old thread Jarmen? |

Zeepo
|
Posted - 2004.08.10 22:37:00 -
[45]
Why dig up this old thread Jarmen? |

JarmenKell
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 14:02:00 -
[46]
dude ur still alive, congrats
|

JarmenKell
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 14:02:00 -
[47]
dude ur still alive, congrats
|

Shenrogar
|
Posted - 2004.09.03 02:13:00 -
[48]
OMG LOOK ITS ZEEPO
|

Shenrogar
|
Posted - 2004.09.03 02:13:00 -
[49]
OMG LOOK ITS ZEEPO
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |