| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Zos Tarkross
Amarr Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2008.11.04 02:35:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Zos Tarkross on 04/11/2008 02:35:42 I'm going to take a leave of absence from EvE, and so to the familiar refrain "can I have your stuff?" my answer is yes, maybe you can (have some of it, anyway - see below). As a disincentive for me to get back into the game prematurely, I'm currently in the process of liquidating some ships and other assets, which will result in a pool of about 300 million ISK, which I will then give away. This will leave me effectively broke with only some cheap stuff scattered remotely around the galaxy. If you're wondering why I'm doing this, I'm going to try to concentrate on some RL finances, such that by the time I get back into the game I'll sell some GTCs to give me around a billion ISK. This is kind of a silly internal motivation exercise; the idea is that if I really want to play EvE again (which I'm sure I will - don't get me wrong - it is a fantastic game) then I'll have to reach some personal RL goals. Once attained, one of the rewards to myself will be to play EvE again in a well capitalized fashion. What you have to do to (potentially) win some ISK: - Write me a paragraph or two (say, no more than 250 words - or if you're really lazy, just a couple of elegant sentences) in English as to what you're currently up to in EvE, what your goals are for yourself in game for the next 6-12 months, and how you might use the money. - Send response via EvE-mail to Zos Tarkross. - Responses must be received prior to November 18. - Characters must not be trial accounts. (Note, there is no obligation for winners ultimately to use the money in the manner they describe; if you want to blow it via PvP in the first 5 minutes after winning, that is your prerogative. I would ask, however, that you be sincere about your motives while you are writing your essay.)
Prize distribution: The 300 million ISK will be divided into 3 separate pools, intended for players relatively new to EvE for whom the prize amounts will make a difference: - total of 100 million for players in the "New Citizens" forum, divided into 5 prizes of 20 million ISK each; - total of 100 million for "Market Discussion" forum players who want to try or have just started to attempt, trading, divided into 5 prizes of 20 million ISK each; - total of 100 million for members of my corp, Suddenly Ninjas, with final division still TBD. In the first two pools, the 100 million ISK amounts will be divided by 5, into prize units of 20 million ISK. So, the best 5 responses I receive from "new citizens" will each get 20 million and the best 5 responses I receive from budding traders will each get 20 million. I may not be able to respond to everyone, but winners will of course be contacted, and I plan to post who they are in the forums along with the winning essays. If you send me an essay you implicitly agree that I may post what you have written. Cheers! Fine print: 1) Selection of the winning essays will be done by myself and is at my sole discretion. 2) Although the rules/requirements/prizes described above are believed to be accurate, I reserve the right to change them at anytime, again at my sole discretion.
|

Kachak
Genos Occidere
|
Posted - 2008.11.04 05:00:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Zos Tarkross
- Write me a paragraph or two (say, no more than 250 words - or if you're really lazy, just a couple of elegant sentences) in English as to what you're currently up to in EvE, what your goals are for yourself in game for the next 6-12 months, and how you might use the money.
In English I am currently up to in EvE, my goals are I score at least once every night (ingame and irl) for the next 6-12 months, and I might use the money to buy exotic dancers (ingame and irl). This is the second elegant sentence in English because I'm lazy.
Can I has iskies now?
|

Darkeen
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.11.04 05:33:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Darkeen on 04/11/2008 05:33:05 (second)
I am currently trying to figure out how to effectively earn Isk in Eve. I've only got l1 agents and and trying to get skills and standings up to gte better (L4) agents to earn some serious isk. Once I get this I want to learn some serious PvP skills and get into PvP, ideally into Zero sec, but I want to cut my teeth in low sec ( or is that I get my throat cut in low sec...) :)
With this isk I will be able to buy some skill books, and ship for PvP'ing with backup isk to repurchase the modules again WHEN I die!
Please? Regards,
Jason Brisbane
|

Dyaven
Interstellar Mining and Research
|
Posted - 2008.11.04 05:44:00 -
[4]
Sent you a little sob story about my PVP woes. 
|

Gathoni
|
Posted - 2008.11.04 07:44:00 -
[5]
Entry will be sent tonight from home. I can qualify as a new player or a new trader as you see fit or as best increases my odds of winning!
|

Zos Tarkross
Amarr Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2008.11.08 19:06:00 -
[6]
bump - hey newish players - I've got some replies already but this weekend is likely the last reminder I'll send out...
|

Zos Tarkross
Amarr Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2008.11.08 19:38:00 -
[7]
bump for the lulz
|

Toff Lemire
|
Posted - 2008.11.09 07:19:00 -
[8]
For the game of EvE online is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave 20 million ISK, to another 10 million, and to another 5 million; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the 20 million ISK went and traded with the same, and made them other 20 million ISK. And likewise he that had received 10 million, he also gained other 10 million. But he that had received 5 million went and digged in the earth, and hid his lordĘs money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received 20 million ISK came and brought other 20 million ISK, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me 20 million ISK: behold, I have gained beside them 20 million ISK more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received 10 million ISK came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me 10 million ISK: behold, I have gained 10 million ISK beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the 5 million ISK came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy 5 million ISK in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the 5 million ISK from him, and give it unto him which hath 40 million ISK. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
|

EnslaverOfMinmatar
Yarsk Hunters DeaDSpace Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.11.09 09:46:00 -
[9]
Stuffs to me. Sends NAO. RAWWWWRRRR!!! uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs ʎɯ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹɐ noʎ
|

Hooded Person
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.11.09 19:58:00 -
[10]
I'm new, and I don't have much ISK. I tried scamming, but it took effort and I want isk for no effort. I tried missions but they were just too easy for the ISK they gave... I do have SOME principles after all. Anyway, give me isk cause I cba to earn it.
|

Tzar'rim
|
Posted - 2008.11.09 21:00:00 -
[11]
[essay] EVE is fun [/essay]
|

Cyprus Black
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2008.11.09 22:30:00 -
[12]
I'm still fairly new to the game and cannot afford anything yet. I've tried mission running and mining, but those are slow going and low isk yielding.
As for long term goals, I (and my ingame friends) are planning on infiltrating the highest levels of every major corporation, privately fund and construct a PvP army, and coordinate every major corporations simultaneous destruction.
A bit lofty, but it's a goal no less. __________________________________________________ http://www.gaxonline.com/profiles/blogs/1511077:BlogPost:189536/
An accurate depiction of EvE Online |

Mello SiL
|
Posted - 2008.11.12 00:12:00 -
[13]
Well i havent even logged in as of yet. have been fairly bored recently of other mmo's and decided to restart my eve account tonight. Played it previously for about a month but had to stop due to work. Patch is currently updating so im in count down mode while i read the forums lol
|

NoShame99
|
Posted - 2008.11.12 23:30:00 -
[14]
I'm having surgery on my right knee for the third (and hopefully last) time in December and will not be able to walk for 6 weeks (yea, right through Christmas). Sense I can't go anywhere and I'm new to eve, I plan on building up my charter in that 6 weeks. The ISK will go along way to getting me started.
|

Zos Tarkross
Amarr Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2008.11.13 01:23:00 -
[15]
I'm going to close the application process at midnight EST tomorrow, and subsequently give out the ISK - read the OP for instructions if still interested. Turns out I have 400 million after selling assets, rather than the 300 million projected... so I will be able to spread the wealth a bit more.
|

Sumara Oooh
|
Posted - 2008.12.01 14:03:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Sumara Oooh on 01/12/2008 14:06:03 Eve's tha most awesome game i've ever palyed fro it's deep economical dimension. I like making money, i like making things and make money. I've tried doing missions but it's mind numbingly boring. So now I'm a noob industrialist. The thing holding me in eve is capital ships: i want to build them, once. Though i'm a long way from them. I recently bought my first bpo, a rupture , which was a substantial hit to my wallet. Lately I've started making battle cruisers from bought bpcs, so i'd use the money to buy a BC bpo (either drake or hurricane) and jumpstart my production. Thanks for considering me
|

DubanFP
Caldari R.U.S.T.
|
Posted - 2008.12.02 16:51:00 -
[17]
Hi, I am DubanFP and I kill stuff. If I have more money I can kill more stuff. That's about it. _______________
"It's not about the look of your ship or the size of your guns. It's about what kind of **** you can $@## up with it" |

Slade Trillgon
Masuat'aa Matari Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2008.12.02 17:01:00 -
[18]
You two are a little too late 
Slade
Originally by: Crumplecorn NerfBat is now known as the WaveMachine.
≡v≡ |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |