| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mother Clanger
Viziam
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 15:06:00 -
[1]
What was the first song you ever downloaded?
I remember really clearly it being "The Offspring - Pretty fly (for a white guy)" for me and playing it on Sonique MP3 player which I remember being all sorts of awesome.
1998 if I remember.
How about you?
|

Pete X
Minmatar Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 15:21:00 -
[2]
the cartoons - o e oe ah walla walla bing bang ===== * Your signature file is too cool. Please stick to one that is no cooler than us forum mods - Fallout |

Slade Trillgon
Masuat'aa Matari Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 15:39:00 -
[3]
Something heavy and loud. I can not remeber because I was a sophmore in college and that whole time is a haze except for the part when I was in class or on the field.
Slade
Originally by: Crumplecorn NerfBat is now known as the WaveMachine.
≡v≡ |

Gneeznow
Minmatar North Eastern Swat Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 15:52:00 -
[4]
it was either the ''horizon'' album or ''everyday'' album by the cinematic orchestra, cant remember, was using soulseek file sharer
|

TheEndofTheWorld
Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 16:18:00 -
[5]
Downloading music is a crime.
I probably have downloaded a fair share of illegal music indirectly(user made videos of games, youtube, etc), but it is still a crime.
|

Rawr Cristina
Caldari Naqam Exalted.
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 16:41:00 -
[6]
Spooks - Karma Hotel
on Songspy, like 8 years ago - before it got shutdown.
I'd only just got the Internet (Dialup) if I remember right. I still love that song too but I think I'm alone there... 
- Infectious - |

Rob Eagle
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 16:45:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Rob Eagle on 24/11/2008 16:45:36
Originally by: TheEndofTheWorld Downloading music is a crime.
I probably have downloaded a fair share of illegal music indirectly(user made videos of games, youtube, etc), but it is still a crime.
Get a clue. Download music is not a crime. It depends where you download it from and whether you pay for it. Are you saying iTunes is breaking the law?
|

ouroboros trading
Gallente Medics On Fire
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 16:49:00 -
[8]
2pac - Changes.
963958? That's Numberwang! |

Jana Clant
New Dawn Corp New Eden Research
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 16:50:00 -
[9]
Originally by: TheEndofTheWorld Downloading music is a crime.
What year are you in?
New Eden Research, where your research gets done!
|

Kyanzes
Amarr Utopian Research I.E.L. Hedonistic Imperative
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 17:33:00 -
[10]
I don't have the slightest idea. Was probably something for someone else. Think it had to be in 1996 or 1997. I really don't know. Heck, even if someone just started one's carrier as an Internet user it could still be hard to recall this  --------------------------------------------- Unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality. |

Sniper Wolf18
Gallente Apocalypse Ponies H E L I C O N
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 18:08:00 -
[11]
Never gonna give you up
By rick astley And above all, read my sig! |

Delvardious Kaesos
Caldari Ashen Lion Mining and Production Consortium Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 18:23:00 -
[12]
Back when Napster came out it was "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem. That was the first song I ever downloaded back on Dial up. ---------------------------------------- Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes.
|

Mother Clanger
Viziam
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 18:48:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Jana Clant
Originally by: TheEndofTheWorld Downloading music is a crime.
What year are you in?
...
Quote: TheEndofTheWorld
...
1999 I'd say.
|

Bigeasy
Caldari It's A Trap White Core
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 19:03:00 -
[14]
Was the Led Zeppelin 3 Album. Best music I have bought so far.
Let them hate, so long as they fear-Caligula |

TU144 TEPPOPNCT'CMEPTHNK
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 19:35:00 -
[15]
im pretty sure it was the tune that came with WINAMP way back in 1996/7 or so. first P2P downloaded music..... not sure it was (a billion downloads or so ago ) and back in 97 and was probably something in the charts at the time...
   
CCP made little baby jesus cry by nerfing ghost training
|

Sweety Peachbottom
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 19:50:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Sniper Wolf18 Never gonna give you up
By rick astley
Was that... Was that a text based rick roll? 
|

TheEndofTheWorld
Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 21:10:00 -
[17]
Edited by: TheEndofTheWorld on 24/11/2008 21:10:49 Is it legal now? I think not(Or is it?)
Of course I am not saying that itunes is illegal, but some why I doubt everyone was buying mp3s legally on the internet in 1998.
|

Cmdr Sy
Appetite 4 Destruction The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.11.24 22:23:00 -
[18]
Originally by: TheEndofTheWorld Downloading music is a crime.
I probably have downloaded a fair share of illegal music indirectly(user made videos of games, youtube, etc), but it is still a crime.
I use YouTube with a clear conscience. 
|

Irish Whiskey
Caldari Warped Mining
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 09:40:00 -
[19]
1993, Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.
Took just over an hour.
|

Reven Cordelle
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 10:08:00 -
[20]
Gawd I can't even remember that far back.
Why are you asking me to remember ONE file I downloaded YEARS ago! I can't even remember last week!
Gah, wheres me teeth.
|

JadeO
Caldari W.A.S.P Sylph Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 10:19:00 -
[21]
Ahah, i remember Sonique MP3 Player... and Music Match Jukebox (MMJ), lol. Anyways, first mp3 downloaded... I have no idea, it was back in 1998... good old napster... ______________
Looking for a good signature, logo, website layout? EVEMail me! |

Myrhial Arkenath
Ghost Festival
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 10:22:00 -
[22]
Can't remember which song, but I do remember it was with Napster. I think that was around the time we finally got off dial-up. Before that I went to the library or youth cafe whom both had a really nice CD collection from which you could borrow things for a maximum of 3 days.
Diary of a pod pilot |

KingsGambit
Caldari Knights
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 10:22:00 -
[23]
Gah, trying to remember the first isn't easy. I do remember being introduced to Napster by my then-girlfriend and was using Easynet 33.6k dial-up on a Time PC, the first I ever used. I do remember for aforementioned g/fs birthday, I used Napster to download all the Bond theme tunes as she was a bit of a fan. All the way up to Goldeneye I think back then. Then burned them onto a ú1.something CDR. This took days of searching and hours of downloading back then.  -------------
|

Mankirks Wife
Caldari Space Furry Association
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 11:52:00 -
[24]
Edited by: Mankirks Wife on 25/11/2008 11:52:42 I think it was some random Weird Al track I got from a long-shut-down site knows as "Blex's Page of Good MP3", which hosted a list of no-ratio FTP servers that had MP3s on them.
Around the time Napster was starting to get big (and thus obsoleting FTPs and IRC fileservers for the majority of people) Griffin Media started shutting down the FTPs that were listed on the site, so Blex stopped updating it.
I used Naptser for a bit, but after that got shut down I pretty much stopped downloading stuff - the quality of most MP3s on the internet is pretty ****ty and I actually ended up preferring to buy the CD from Amazon and rip it myself, as I end up with a higher quality file that also happens to be legal and if my computer explodes I can always re-rip it. ---
Originally by: tarin adur Also, cuz Sporks are like minmatar,do lots of things ok...but nothing spectacularly.
|

Gabrialle
Amarr Sunspot Requisitions Worlds End Consortium
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 11:58:00 -
[25]
Switchblade symphony all 3 albums, cos when i tried to buy them in the uk i got put on a 6 month waiting list for 'specialist items'
When home and torrented them
recently bought them via itunes
|

Sokratesz
Rionnag Alba Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 11:58:00 -
[26]
liquido - narcotic
Wyvern & Chimera fitting flowchart |

Zachariah Barnette
Caldari Digital assassins G00DFELLAS
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 14:04:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Sokratesz liquido - narcotic
That was a very catchy tune.
Think mine was God is God by Juno Reactor.
Originally by: T'Renn In Soviet Heimatar, gate camps you.
|

Sokratesz
Rionnag Alba Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.11.25 14:39:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Zachariah Barnette
Originally by: Sokratesz liquido - narcotic
That was a very catchy tune.
Think mine was God is God by Juno Reactor.
I still have the cd ;) Besides that one song that made 'em famous, they have a few others (doubledecker, saturday rocks, what you keep inside) that are really, really good. Too bad they haven't done anything worth mentioning since :(
Wyvern & Chimera fitting flowchart |

Captain Plumb
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.12.03 01:36:00 -
[29]
Dr Demento - Star Trekking :D
|

Xtreem
Gallente Knockaround Guys Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.03 01:39:00 -
[30]
i cant remember at all, but i do remeber sonique, i remember my friend having both that and winamp, and i was like why dont u just use sonique it looks so much better! then i got more and more mp3s and the knew why, alot easier to shuffle though on winamp, i know have 13k mp3 lol
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |