| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
230
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:09:00 -
[31] - Quote
Lapine Davion wrote: uh. CCP isn't really losing players.
If a player doesn't bother to resub? I'd say thats losing players.
|

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
9
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:10:00 -
[32] - Quote
Jake Warbird wrote:Lapine Davion wrote: uh. CCP isn't really losing players.
If a player doesn't bother to resub? I'd say thats losing players.
I thought it was called the day to day operation of running an MMO. But I guess there are MMOs out there that people don't ever unsub from... Go figure. CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
215
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:12:00 -
[33] - Quote
Jake Warbird wrote:of mine had almost the same experience. I got him into an extended trial period. Because he was in a different TZ altogether I couldn't watch his back all the time. He isn't going to get a regular account. HTFU,LEET,NICHE GMPLY doesn't translate into $$s. I don't know what CCP needs to do but if they do keep losing players pretty much there won't be Eve.
Flame on.
Yeah, the ever increasing upward curve of subscriptions that has never happened in any other mmo for 10 years running will be the death of EVE. |

Jas Dor
Republic University Minmatar Republic
112
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:13:00 -
[34] - Quote
You know this game really isn't growing right now. Most of the growth is either old accounts resubbing on alts, and their isn't much of that. CCP has creditors that aren't happy with them and may have public shareholders in the near future. Eventually, somebody who deals with real life isk is going to require CCP to show better growth numbers.
It would be a very good thing if CCP understood the extent of their new player retention period now. Would you rather be dealing with this with the current folks at CCP or wait until their is a change in management/control and god knows who we'll have to deal with. |

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
9
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:19:00 -
[35] - Quote
Jas Dor wrote:You know this game really isn't growing right now. Most of the growth is either old accounts resubbing on alts, and their isn't much of that. CCP has creditors that aren't happy with them and may have public shareholders in the near future. Eventually, somebody who deals with real life isk is going to require CCP to show better growth numbers.
It would be a very good thing if CCP understood the extent of their new player retention period now. Would you rather be dealing with this with the current folks at CCP or wait until their is a change in management/control and god knows who we'll have to deal with.
So your proposal is trade one playerbase that has kept the game alive since 2003 for another one? Methinks I need more business schooling.
Truth of the matter is that you can never please everyone. I do remember recently reading that CCP is actually doing well money wise and made like 66 mil last year. CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
230
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:21:00 -
[36] - Quote
Dry Martinis wrote: I thought it was called the day to day operation of running an MMO. But I guess there are MMOs out there that people don't ever unsub from... Go figure.
Not what I meant. But you knew that.
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote: Yeah, the ever increasing upward curve of subscriptions that has never happened in any other mmo for 10 years running will be the death of EVE.
I admit death was not the word I was looking for,stagnating maybe. |

Eternus8lux8lucis
Whack-A-Mole
83
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:22:00 -
[37] - Quote
The reality is this game is a niche game but at the same time its also one of the most honest games I know of in that its cold, brutal, dark and has real consequences..... basically its real life after you take all the bullshit out of it about how you should be nice and friendly and kind. Its the real world put into a game on a very hardcore level as everything you see in game you see in the real world, period. Now most people dont want to be reminded of such a reality as they are forced to live in that cold brutal world already and want to escape into a fantasy world, a happy unicorn hugging, everyone wins, no real death or pain sort of delusion instead of being thrust right back into reality again.
So for 90% of the population Eve isnt an escape its a hellish reality that they live on a daily level in their real lives. Null sec? Like that bad office job where your boss ***** on you but hey you collect a check. High sec? Oh sure its KINDA safe but that suicide gankers gonna take your purse, your identity, credit cards and go for a joy ride in your car. Low sec? AHAHAHAHA! dont even have to explain THAT one to anyone. This game isnt fun in that regard cuz things hurt here. Yeah you get some really good friends, lots of fun but I mean really. Its a game thats about being as dark as you can get and then going deeper down that rabbit hole when most people want free love and happy sunshine rainbow unicorns and my lil pony.
CCP built the game that way and yup itll cater to only a select portion of society on a psychological and personal level cuz as an "escape" or fantasy thats not what most people have in mind to relax or chill out to after a hard days in the concrete jungle of real life.  Strength isnt measured in numbers but in force of will. For if one motived willful individual stands many will fall around him that are weak.
http://tinyurl.com/YarrFace |

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
230
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:23:00 -
[38] - Quote
Dry Martinis wrote:I do remember recently reading that CCP is actually doing well money wise and made like 66 mil last year. Lol! Guess we were all worried about nothing. My apologies.
|

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
9
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:26:00 -
[39] - Quote
Jake Warbird wrote:Dry Martinis wrote:I do remember recently reading that CCP is actually doing well money wise and made like 66 mil last year. Lol! Guess we were all worried about nothing. My apologies.
Lawls, clever guy being clever.
It may not be much compared to Blizzard. But then again, they don't have to maintain half of the upkeep or technical support costs. But apparently, they are making a profit. I thought this is what businesses did?
Dry Martinis wrote:Jake Warbird wrote:Lapine Davion wrote: uh. CCP isn't really losing players.
If a player doesn't bother to resub? I'd say thats losing players. I thought it was called the day to day operation of running an MMO. But I guess there are MMOs out there that people don't ever unsub from... Go figure.
Reposting this to knock you back down from that high horse Mr. Bold Numbers. CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
184
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:27:00 -
[40] - Quote
Jake Warbird wrote:Dry Martinis wrote:I do remember recently reading that CCP is actually doing well money wise and made like 66 mil last year. Lol! Guess I was all worried about nothing. My apologies.
FTFY.
Yeah, CCP isn't all driving to work in Ferraris like certain other companies. Their business will die without their Ferrari backbone. |

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
215
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:30:00 -
[41] - Quote
Jake Warbird wrote: I admit death was not the word I was looking for,stagnating maybe.
And then look at them reaching a whole different market with Dust to reinforce their company without altering EVE to be something it is not. Yet also making more aware of the CCP brand through sony's propaganda machine. |

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
9
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:31:00 -
[42] - Quote
Lapine Davion wrote:Jake Warbird wrote:Dry Martinis wrote:I do remember recently reading that CCP is actually doing well money wise and made like 66 mil last year. Lol! Guess I was all worried about nothing. My apologies. FTFY. Yeah, CCP isn't all driving to work in Ferraris like certain other companies. Their business will die without their Ferrari backbone.
No gold watches, no more internet spaceships I guess. CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
184
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:32:00 -
[43] - Quote
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:Jake Warbird wrote: I admit death was not the word I was looking for,stagnating maybe.
And then look at them reaching a whole different market with Dust to reinforce their company without altering EVE to be something it is not. Yet also making more aware of the CCP brand through sony's propaganda machine.
Also working on a separate MMO based on a popular tabletop roleplaying game. To combine the sandbox gameplay with vampires and the world of Underworld. |

Herping yourDerp
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
479
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:33:00 -
[44] - Quote
fail to see issue, you warned him, he was still a moron and thought it be fun to take on the universe... personally i learned, i figure many others learned "if he steals he thinks he can win" |

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
231
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:42:00 -
[45] - Quote
Dry Martinis wrote: MMO business expert on the boards everyone.
Yes,it was me that posted numbers and what the company made last year.
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
And then look at them reaching a whole different market with Dust to reinforce their company without altering EVE to be something it is not. Yet also making more aware of the CCP brand through sony's propaganda machine.
True. I had not thought of it that way. I'm wondering if the F2P model of Dust would rake in revenues to keep Eve untouched. Time will tell I guess. |

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
9
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:44:00 -
[46] - Quote
Jake Warbird wrote:Dry Martinis wrote: MMO business expert on the boards everyone.
Yes,it was me that posted numbers and what the company made last year.
Sorry that I read and try to actually know about topics before opening my trap? CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Jas Dor
Republic University Minmatar Republic
113
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:46:00 -
[47] - Quote
Just remember, games with stagnant population numbers and MUDflation tend to experience sudden drops in subscriber based, normally followed by the closing of the game.
EvE could still end up the bright shinning symbol of why sandbox PvP doesn't work. |

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
184
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:48:00 -
[48] - Quote
Jas Dor wrote:Just remember, games with stagnant population numbers and MUDflation tend to experience sudden drops in subscriber based, normally followed by the closing of the game.
EvE could still end up the bright shinning symbol of why sandbox PvP doesn't work.
This is a shining example of why the sandbox needs to die. |

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
231
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:48:00 -
[49] - Quote
Dry Martinis wrote:
Sorry that I read and try to actually know about topics before opening my trap?
Sorry I recollected what happened to my friend and didn't cite numbers like the MMO expert I was supposed to be?
e:lol,yep that's exactly what I sounded like! Why are you so mad,bro? |

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
9
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:49:00 -
[50] - Quote
Jas Dor wrote:Just remember, games with stagnant population numbers and MUDflation tend to experience sudden drops in subscriber based, normally followed by the closing of the game.
EvE could still end up the bright shinning symbol of why sandbox PvP doesn't work.
This is so true, if eve is not around still when I turn 40 (im in my mid twenties) then sandbox PvP simply does not work. Case closed.
Jake Warbird wrote:Dry Martinis wrote:
Sorry that I read and try to actually know about topics before opening my trap?
Sorry I recollected what happened to my friend and didn't cite numbers like the MMO expert I was supposed to be?
Don't be salty. I am sorry about your cousins brother whose sister had a friend in college that knew a kid who got podded and unsubbed from eve. Tell him to come back. I'll toss him some iskies.
Oh yeah, saw your edit? I guess I am mad? According to this thread sociopaths play eve. We don't get angry.  CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
115
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:51:00 -
[51] - Quote
KrakizBad wrote:Ioci wrote:KrakizBad wrote:OP please tell us how to grief you out of the game. I can tell you, trolling me on the forums won't get the job done. Knowing that I bother you that much for no obvious reason on the other hand is just motive for me to stay. I rather like that you find me that threatening, little Goon Jr. Yeah I thought I knew who you were. Try to keep this account unbanned this time. 
None of my accounts have ever been banned, either in game or on the forums. That wasn't a well played speculation. Goon Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-_HeVNYOk
Save Derpy! |

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
184
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:53:00 -
[52] - Quote
Ioci wrote:KrakizBad wrote:Ioci wrote:KrakizBad wrote:OP please tell us how to grief you out of the game. I can tell you, trolling me on the forums won't get the job done. Knowing that I bother you that much for no obvious reason on the other hand is just motive for me to stay. I rather like that you find me that threatening, little Goon Jr. Yeah I thought I knew who you were. Try to keep this account unbanned this time.  None of my accounts have ever been banned, either in game or on the forums. That wasn't a well played speculation. Goon Jr.
:cripes: Another one of these "Goon Pets" people.
Quote:Goons don't really do the whole "pet" thing. They really aren't into the whole "padding their space with people they don't like" thing, either.
Goons tend to shoot people they don't like. Hell, Goons tend to shoot people they DO like, for fun. All these people that you refer to as "pets", likely because you think they have no voice or something (idk, really). They are all friends of Goons. They like Goons, and Goons like them.
Goons don't abandon their friends, like certain alliances did with their "pets". If Raiden. or whoever decides to try and take a swipe at an ally, and that ally looks like they might not handle it, Goons will come and help out if asked. Not for any cost, or payment or anything. Just to help out a friend in need.
So you can take your little "pets" business and turn around and go back to whatever corner of space that you call home and enjoy your little ideas on your own time. |

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
115
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:53:00 -
[53] - Quote
Dry Martinis wrote:Jas Dor wrote:Just remember, games with stagnant population numbers and MUDflation tend to experience sudden drops in subscriber based, normally followed by the closing of the game.
EvE could still end up the bright shinning symbol of why sandbox PvP doesn't work. This is so true, if eve is not around still when I turn 40 (im in my mid twenties) then sandbox PvP simply does not work. Case closed.
I don't ecpect EVE to die due to griefing. Ten years says that won't happen. It still isn't a rational reasoning for a policy that costs alot of profit for very little return. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-_HeVNYOk
Save Derpy! |

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
231
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:54:00 -
[54] - Quote
Dry Martinis wrote:
Don't be salty. I am sorry about your cousins brother whose sister had a friend in college that knew a kid who got podded and unsubbed from eve. Tell him to come back. I'll toss him some iskies.
Send it to me,ll make sure he gets it when he comes back.
We still friends? |

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
184
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:56:00 -
[55] - Quote
Ioci wrote:Dry Martinis wrote:Jas Dor wrote:Just remember, games with stagnant population numbers and MUDflation tend to experience sudden drops in subscriber based, normally followed by the closing of the game.
EvE could still end up the bright shinning symbol of why sandbox PvP doesn't work. This is so true, if eve is not around still when I turn 40 (im in my mid twenties) then sandbox PvP simply does not work. Case closed. I don't ecpect EVE to die due to griefing. Ten years says that won't happen. It still isn't a rational reasoning for a policy that costs alot of profit for very little return.
Maybe the opportunity cost isn't worth it to CCP for selling out on their game? |

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
10
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:56:00 -
[56] - Quote
Ioci wrote:Dry Martinis wrote:Jas Dor wrote:Just remember, games with stagnant population numbers and MUDflation tend to experience sudden drops in subscriber based, normally followed by the closing of the game.
EvE could still end up the bright shinning symbol of why sandbox PvP doesn't work. This is so true, if eve is not around still when I turn 40 (im in my mid twenties) then sandbox PvP simply does not work. Case closed. I don't ecpect EVE to die due to griefing. Ten years says that won't happen. It still isn't a rational reasoning for a policy that costs alot of profit for very little return.
well thanks for a decent response Jas, I guess my point is...
Wouldn't a focus on another group of people possibly cost them others instead that are pulled in due to the gameplay causing them lose the money in any case?
If eve is gonna compete outside of the "niche" then I think most would agree that many of those other games are more enjoyable. But I could be wrong there. If it changed too much, then I would leave for sure. Not that it would matter much if it was just myself. But imagine if there were others as well. It's all hypothetical I guess. CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Roime
Shiva Furnace
452
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 06:56:00 -
[57] - Quote
There are no PVE sandboxes.
Only the EVE way to make a sandbox MMO makes any sense- single-shard, persistent open universe. Like a virtual world.
It's the reason people love this game and stick with it for years after years. 7 years is so long time in human life that you actually change as a person- EVE stays. If you leave after a few months, you probably didn't get in deep enough to "get" the game.
|

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
10
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 07:00:00 -
[58] - Quote
Jake Warbird wrote:Dry Martinis wrote:
Don't be salty. I am sorry about your cousins brother whose sister had a friend in college that knew a kid who got podded and unsubbed from eve. Tell him to come back. I'll toss him some iskies.
Send it to me,ll make sure he gets it when he comes back. We still friends?
of course my man. I don't take any of this seriously and I like poking the bear sometimes just for the sake of poking him. I hold no malice towards you nor anyone else on the forums. CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Dry Martinis
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
10
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 07:01:00 -
[59] - Quote
extra post fail.
CAPS LOCK: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. |

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
216
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 07:01:00 -
[60] - Quote
Jas Dor wrote:Just remember, games with stagnant population numbers and MUDflation tend to experience sudden drops in subscriber based, normally followed by the closing of the game.
EvE could still end up the bright shinning symbol of why sandbox PvP doesn't work.
Lets say somehow, someway, EvE actually died within the next year. Cripes, A completely raw, made it up as they went, single shard sandbox PvP based game could only sustain itself for a decade, total failure...
Doom is still not on store shelves... FPS's don't work. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |