| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s) |
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2008.12.12 17:59:00 -
[1]
Some of you may have experienced lag due to an increase in memory usage, we have investigated and determined that one potential cause for these issues come from alt-tabbing when in full-screen mode or when switching between full-screen and windowed mode. The workaround for these issues is to:
- Play in windowed mode.
- Not alt-tab while you’re playing in full-screen mode.
We have been working on fixes for this and we expect to be able to release them to our Singularity test server shortly and after testing to deploy them in our next release. We will of course also continue the investigation to ensure that there are not more things causing these issues.
Wrangler Community Manager CCP Hf, EVE Online Email
Reducing lag in EVE: The Jita Conundrum - StacklessIO or: How We Reduced Lag - Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made On - EVE64 - My node was equipped with the following... |
|

Sidus Isaacs
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 18:33:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 12/12/2008 18:32:48 Ok, cool. I play in windowed mode, have for many months, but I still get high memory usage, over 1Gb yesterday.
|

ceaon
Gallente Porandor
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 18:51:00 -
[3]
i cant set the client in windowed its crash when client start blah |

Mesrin's dame
CF Capitalists Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 19:05:00 -
[4]
I have been running 2 accounts and have petitioned it also. If i run both they both start at 100.000kb ram usage after 5min those numbers exceed 1,5gb per instance. I have 3gb ddr II. I have noticed a constant as they say memory leak that grows to 1,8gb usage till vista kills the operation. I use full screen and alt+tab always but thats not the biggest problem. The memory leak is. Hope you get enough intel to fix it. Timing is everything, always try to be fashionably late |

Par'Gellen
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 19:10:00 -
[5]
Tip: If you use Evemon (http://evemon.battleclinic.com/) you can set windowed mode to act like full screen.
1. Open Evemon 2. Click the Tools menu 3. Click Options 4. Check "Relocate windowed Eve to fill a monitor
I play using this with two accounts both running premium graphics and both in windowed mode and I can't tell a difference between windowed and full screen (other than it takes a lot less time to tab between clients when they are in windowed mode).
It's pure win. ---
To err is human. But it shouldn't be the company motto... |

Shad0wsFury
Slacker Industries
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 19:12:00 -
[6]
I appreciate CCPs efforts to fix this, and have been happy to contribute what I could to working the problem.
It would be nice though, if we could get some sort of fix BEFORE the next scheduled update, which is likely to be nearly a month from now. Personally, I already play on a rather low resolution, and playing in windowed mode is not a very good option for me because I have to go to an even lower resolution to be able to play in windowed mode.
I trust that CCP will do the right thing here and release a fix in a timely manner.
|

Aelena Thraant
The White Aces
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 19:44:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Shad0wsFury I appreciate CCPs efforts to fix this, and have been happy to contribute what I could to working the problem.
It would be nice though, if we could get some sort of fix BEFORE the next scheduled update, which is likely to be nearly a month from now. Personally, I already play on a rather low resolution, and playing in windowed mode is not a very good option for me because I have to go to an even lower resolution to be able to play in windowed mode.
I trust that CCP will do the right thing here and release a fix in a timely manner.
Just use EVE Mon or EVE Launcher to remove the borders from the EVE Client in Window mode. Works great. I personally use EVE Launcher since it handles dual screens better. EVE Killboard and Forum Hosting Service: MyEVEKb |

Mesrin's dame
CF Capitalists Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 19:50:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Mesrin''s dame on 12/12/2008 19:49:54
Originally by: Par'Gellen
I play using this with two accounts both running premium graphics and both in windowed mode and I can't tell a difference between windowed and full screen (other than it takes a lot less time to tab between clients when they are in windowed mode).
It's pure win.
Edit: Oh I should have said I play at 1280x1024 (higher than that and I can't read the text, yeah I'm an old man...) I've played for several hours at a time on Windows XP with no memory increase or problems even after the last patch.
The problem with that is that i play at a lot higher resolution then you and even with evemon my windowed mode gives me HUGE lag, which i don't have on full screen. Thats an old issue with alot of players so some can play windowed, some can play full screen, just depends what works better for you. This is a totaly new issue of memory leak after the patch, nothing to do with full screen or windowed mode.
Timing is everything, always try to be fashionably late |

Par'Gellen
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 19:57:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Par''Gellen on 12/12/2008 19:57:32
Originally by: Mesrin's dame The problem with that is that i play at a lot higher resolution then you and even with evemon my windowed mode gives me HUGE lag, which i don't have on full screen. Thats an old issue with alot of players so some can play windowed, some can play full screen, just depends what works better for you. This is a totaly new issue of memory leak after the patch, nothing to do with full screen or windowed mode.
You read the OP right? I was just trying to provide a way for people that like the full screen effect to have it even when in windowed mode. If you play at a resolution higher than me then there is nothing I can do about that. I didn't start the thread or try to offer a fix for the memory issues. The OP did. Shouldn't you be yelling at him instead? ---
To err is human. But it shouldn't be the company motto... |

hrjushkin
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 20:13:00 -
[10]
..and what about so called "freezing" problem? Does the problem with memory connected to it?
I mean the temporary - about 1 per minute - freezing of client and 100% CPU usage peak in Windows Task Manager list. For example - after 2 hours of playing the "freeze" is about 7 sec. That's really terrible!! 
|

Mesrin's dame
CF Capitalists Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 20:39:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Mesrin''s dame on 12/12/2008 20:39:41 Par Galen im not screaming at anyone, just quoted you so ppl know what im answering to. And yes the freezing issue is connected to the memory leak issue aswell. And as I said, changing from full screen to windowed screen doesn't fix the current issue(answer to wrangler) as the issue is not with windows, the issue is a memory leak that tend's to grow every second till your client freezes for the last time and windows shuts it down as a precaution.
Timing is everything, always try to be fashionably late |

MMXMMX
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 20:52:00 -
[12]
Is this mem related to ?
|

Lillandra Peregrine
|
Posted - 2008.12.12 22:57:00 -
[13]
still getting the same crash as described by others. tends to happen a lot when jumping through gates and running two clients.
|

Frank Doberman
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 00:08:00 -
[14]
Originally by: hrjushkin ..and what about so called "freezing" problem? Does the problem with memory connected to it?
I mean the temporary - about 1 per minute - freezing of client and 100% CPU usage peak in Windows Task Manager list. For example - after 2 hours of playing the "freeze" is about 7 sec. That's really terrible!! 
I figured out why I was having this exact problem - chat channels.
I normally have an intel channel with a huge number of people inside open, when it's open I get a gigantic CPU spike exactly every 60 seconds which gets worse over time and causes Eve to "stutter". Once the channel is closed this stuttering and freezing stops instantly, go figure.
|

hrjushkin
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 00:24:00 -
[15]
hmmm... What do you mean on "open" ? Does the channel just "has been joined"? Or really "opened" (you can read and write)? Anyway good point to test. Tnx.
|
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2008.12.13 00:31:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Shad0wsFury I appreciate CCPs efforts to fix this, and have been happy to contribute what I could to working the problem.
It would be nice though, if we could get some sort of fix BEFORE the next scheduled update, which is likely to be nearly a month from now. Personally, I already play on a rather low resolution, and playing in windowed mode is not a very good option for me because I have to go to an even lower resolution to be able to play in windowed mode.
I trust that CCP will do the right thing here and release a fix in a timely manner.
This type of issue is not taken lightly and while it all depends on how the testing goes and obviously they don't let me decide when to patch (which I think we can all agree is a good thing) but we're expecting this to come out in far less than a month, with the aforementioned reservations.
Wrangler Community Manager CCP Hf, EVE Online Email |
|

Frank Doberman
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 00:33:00 -
[17]
Originally by: hrjushkin hmmm... What do you mean on "open" ? Does the channel just "has been joined"? Or really "opened" (you can read and write)? Anyway good point to test. Tnx.
Yep, by open I mean just having the channel open, "being in" the channel if you like. Once I close this channel, ie. leave it, the problem disappears.
|

Haakelen
Gallente Cassandra's Light Caeruleum Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 00:50:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Haakelen on 13/12/2008 00:51:48
Originally by: Frank Doberman
Originally by: hrjushkin hmmm... What do you mean on "open" ? Does the channel just "has been joined"? Or really "opened" (you can read and write)? Anyway good point to test. Tnx.
Yep, by open I mean just having the channel open, "being in" the channel if you like. Once I close this channel, ie. leave it, the problem disappears.
If only there was a way to make delayed mode channels act differently . This happens to me all the time, makes the game nearly unplayable after a few hours.
|

Sorcerers Apprentice
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 01:33:00 -
[19]
I've been playing windowed for months, since I mostly have 2 accounts active at the same time. Since QR my client refuses to remain windowed though. This makes your solution a tad difficult/annoying to use.
With changes from "windowed" to Full screen to Windowed (this time really) I can usually get it to work.
But I have to do this every single login on both Accounts.
|

Tillmen
Underdog Revolution
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 01:48:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Tillmen on 13/12/2008 01:49:42
Originally by: Sidus Isaacs Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 12/12/2008 18:32:48 Ok, cool. I play in windowed mode, have for many months, but I still get high memory usage, over 1Gb yesterday.
Confirmed, I get high mem usage (900+MB) as well even though I play in windowed mode. I have 4GB of ram so it does not affect me, but for those with 1-2GB, I am sure their performance sucks.
I have also noticed that I also get a lower FPS running in windowed mode compared to full screen but again, I have good hardware so it does not effect me as much.
|

Armoured C
Gallente Federation of Freedom Fighters Executive Outcomes
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 02:39:00 -
[21]
2 gig ram hit yesterday and then after it crashed my pc doesnt freeze up but it slows so much that even if i alt ctrl and delete to close it manually i have problem getting the mouse to click it in the process menu and then click end process
after crashing my pc basically act like it running 1FPS
|

Jason Edwards
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 04:40:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Jason Edwards on 13/12/2008 04:46:35
Quote: Some of you may have experienced lag due to an increase in memory usage,
I havent. It basically keeps soaking as much memory as it can grab. It's a pretty steady effect. simply being logged in is enough.
The memory leak keeps going and going and eventually cant leak into any more memory(none left available) and crashes.
Quote: we have investigated and determined that one potential cause for these issues come from alt-tabbing when in full-screen mode or when switching between full-screen and windowed mode.
Good possibility. Though I wont use windowed mode.
Quote: Not alt-tab while youÆre playing in full-screen mode.
That's like saying not to breath. Not very compatible. ATM I'm reading through the evelopedia and editting where applicable.
Quote: Update: Singularity is now running a version with possible fixes for this issue, please help us by testing this patch!
I've been waiting for a mirror so bad... but I got on there now. I'm in FD- orbitting the station cloaked.
Alternatively I'm on TQ orbitting amarr station.
both clients are still showing a memory leak. 1 much worse then the other.
Sisi memory leak bad. memleak ------------------------ To make a megathron from scratch, you must first invent the eve universe. ------------------------ Life sucks and then you get podded. |

Jason Edwards
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 05:44:00 -
[23]
Funny thing is that neither client would crash. They fought each other for memory and took memory from the other applications. VLC and evemon stopped responding. I went into the TQ client, because we kind of have established it as fault, and shut it down. Soon as my computer started responding again. The sisi client was using like 25mb of ram, and about 600mb of virtual ram.
Sisi client is back up to 500mb of ram and virtual ram hasnt changed. ------------------------ To make a megathron from scratch, you must first invent the eve universe. ------------------------ Life sucks and then you get podded. |

Phantom Slave
Amarr JUDGE DREAD Inc. HUZZAH FEDERATION
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 06:40:00 -
[24]
Last night and this morning my corp was not in an alliance. The UI was very responsive, even jumping from system to system I never had the "cursor lag" that wouldn't let you right click to select a warp to point. Everything was smooth. Then we were accepted into an alliance later today, and since then I've had laggy UI (exactly like it was before 1.0.3), and a couple of crashes. I do alt-tab quite a bit, so I'll give windowed mode a shot, but I can't stand it so I probably won't keep it.
I haven't watched the memory usage of Eve, but I've had more crashes since the 1.0.3 patch than I have in my entire history of eve previous to it. ____________________
My main IS my alt. Confused yet? |

Agrilad
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 07:31:00 -
[25]
Total lock up of system today. 2 clients in windowed mode. premium clients.
|

Aurora Nyx
Caldari Shadows Of The Federation
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 08:09:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Frank Doberman
Originally by: hrjushkin ..and what about so called "freezing" problem? Does the problem with memory connected to it?
I mean the temporary - about 1 per minute - freezing of client and 100% CPU usage peak in Windows Task Manager list. For example - after 2 hours of playing the "freeze" is about 7 sec. That's really terrible!! 
I figured out why I was having this exact problem - chat channels.
I normally have an intel channel with a huge number of people inside open, when it's open I get a gigantic CPU spike exactly every 60 seconds which gets worse over time and causes Eve to "stutter". Once the channel is closed this stuttering and freezing stops instantly, go figure.
Ctrl-F for FPS monitor. Then have ANY actively used chat tab open. Watch the FPS take a nosedive as a line of text appears. It IS worse with a big channel, but it will happen with 5-6 people talking. Having chat windows undocked so you can see them all is even worse :)
|

Afale II
Suddenly Ninjas Tear Extraction And Reclamation Service
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 08:18:00 -
[27]
so is this memory leak just with fullscreen and premium content?
just had the same, now trying windowed mode
|

robert free
kadian blades
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 13:28:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Afale II so is this memory leak just with fullscreen and premium content?
just had the same, now trying windowed mode
nope the memory leak is also in windowed mode. i posted in the post feed back thread and i was going up to 1.2g of ram while running premium in windowed mode. but yes it seems its only in premium graphics.
|

Chatea
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 13:57:00 -
[29]
2 clients running with premium gfx. The main account is running with 767500k and rising steadily The second account is running at 473756k and rises slower, but still rises. Then crash on both. GG on this, really truly GG...
|

StyweBal
Redemption EnterpriseS
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 16:34:00 -
[30]
Disable the premium graphics, no more memory/disconnect issues 
|

Cyb3r Thr3at
NQX Innovations
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 17:18:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Chatea 2 clients running with premium gfx. The main account is running with 767500k and rising steadily The second account is running at 473756k and rises slower, but still rises. Then crash on both. GG on this, really truly GG...
I get this same BS problem ever since QR & every patch there after. fleet & gang warfare are showing some great fps but, missions are next to impossible, with fps going from 90-4.5fps in just 15mins, with an inevitable crash any longer than that. 
|

The Magez
Caldari Quasar Buccaneers
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 17:51:00 -
[32]
Same, memory usage keeps rising till it hits 3.2gb, then crash. or computer stops responding for 5mins+ and then crash.. Everything was okay before 1.0.3 patch, now its hell, windowed mode makes my gpu cry.
Maybe a patch soon so i can start playing again, maybe a patch that will not make it worse?
|

Par'Gellen
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 18:56:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Par''Gellen on 13/12/2008 18:59:04 I just noticed something... If I'm playing in windowed mode on both clients and watching their memory usage via Task Manager (I haven't seen the memory leak on my system btw) and then minimize the clients they drop from using around 200-300 MB to 20-30! Re-maximizing the clients keeps them at that low level until I jump after which it steadily climbs back up to around 200-300 MB and stays there.
Can someone having the memory leak issue and playing in windowed mode try minimizing and re-maximizing the client and see what that does for memory usage?
Edit: At best it might be a clunky way of keeping your game running longer. At worst it might make no difference at all. ---
To err is human. But it shouldn't be the company motto... |

Dave Raider
|
Posted - 2008.12.13 21:52:00 -
[34]
I tryed minimizing my 2 eve clients like Par'Gellen suggested, and the amount of memory usage for the 2 clients open, went down from a memory usage of 275MB to 24MB. It would seem minimizing would reset the memory amount in use.
Ive also installed python 3.0 as i keep getting eve crashes with python25.dll being named pointed as being the fault, and im hoping the new version might work better.
Dave
|

nixal
Caldari Random Goods
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 13:20:00 -
[35]
Originally by: ceaon i cant set the client in windowed its crash when client start
setting "graphics aperture size" from 64 to 512 in bios solved the exact same problem for me ---
[ 2007.09.18 00:21:00 ] Thanos Draicon > Nothing your race can ever produce will ever make up for the Moa. |

Par'Gellen
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 13:26:00 -
[36]
Little update:
I discovered that Task Manager is pretty useless for tracking the amount of memory an app is using as it does not represent the actual amount of memory an application is using, but rather it's working set. So of course minimizing it will lower the displayed amount of working memory in use by the process...
Thanks Microsoft *facepalms* ---
To err is human. But it shouldn't be the company motto... |

Frank Doberman
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 13:50:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Par'Gellen Edited by: Par''Gellen on 14/12/2008 13:29:20 Little update:
I discovered that Task Manager is pretty useless for tracking the amount of memory an app is using as it does not report the actual amount of memory an application is using, but rather it's working set. So of course minimizing it will lower the displayed amount of working memory in use by the process. So in other words the number shown in the process list next to any given process means very little. At least on 32-bit XP anyway. I dunno about other OS's.
Thanks Microsoft *facepalms*
Download Microsoft's "Process Explorer" and replace Task Manager with it, gives you far better info and control over what your OS and background processes are doing.
|

Par'Gellen
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 14:37:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Frank Doberman Download Microsoft's "Process Explorer" and replace Task Manager with it, gives you far better info and control over what your OS and background processes are doing.
Oh good call! Thanks! ---
To err is human. But it shouldn't be the company motto... |

MMXMMX
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 15:58:00 -
[39]
I can monitor memory usage on my G15 keyboard and you can say that it is not the real deal and what so ever but i can see before patch and after patch !!
Before patch always like : 36% After patch something like 40/50%
Above 50 i better reboot. I have 4 gig
|

ElementalWind
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 17:05:00 -
[40]
lol these programmers are fail. lawlllllllll...
Nice "work around" 
My memory isnt getting sucked up to 1gb, but it crashes a LOT more than it use to. I've already lost 3 fully loaded myrmidons (with full rigging) to eve crashing while flying around low sec and it ****es me off. Can't really ask people at CCP "hey can I get my fully equipped 3 myrmidons back that your poor programmers caused me to lose cause my eve client crashed?"   
|

Gal'tashec
Gallente Captured Souls Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 17:10:00 -
[41]
Edited by: Gal''tashec on 14/12/2008 17:17:18 Edited by: Gal''tashec on 14/12/2008 17:16:00 I've been running two clients i window mode for years and yesterday I noticed both clients sucking up 1GB of RAM each 
EDIT: By the way I want to point something out to ppl reporting they can minimize to get memory back. The memory usage you see in Task Manager isn't nessecarily the actuall memory used because what you are seeing is the working set that the process has reserved .. this can be memory that has been used to load resources etc. So when you minimize a running process windows is smart enough to try and reclaim as much as possible from it and it most likely will be able to do so from a working set.
Google it to read more about it - you'll get a gazillion hits explaining how it works.
If you can't get back the memory and it keeps increasing.. that's a memory leak --- CEO of Raptus Regaliter Always in the lookout for good pilots |

Jacob Goods
Goods Industries
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 17:27:00 -
[42]
I logged on to Singularity with the Mac and played in my usual way for a while, with command-tab a couple of times a minute. It looks like the memory usage will increase with about 5MB on every command-tab, which is way better than on TQ. When RSIZE reached 1.2GB, the client stopped responding.
What kind of logs, traces and whatnot do you need and how should I provide them?
|

Ruindur
|
Posted - 2008.12.14 18:26:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Dave Raider
Ive also installed python 3.0 as i keep getting eve crashes with python25.dll being named pointed as being the fault, and im hoping the new version might work better.
Dave
Python 3.0 is code incompatible to versions 2.x. I would be really surprised if eve python code would work at all with 3.0... Also, python itself is not acutally infamous for memory leaks and frequent crashes. With anything coded in python, you should not experience memory leaks at all, unless you do some very strange coding, due to the garbage collection mechanism. The memory leak issues are almost certainly in the c-coded parts of eve.
|

Kitty McKitty
Gallente The Kitty Kitty Corporation
|
Posted - 2008.12.15 09:59:00 -
[44]
I have the same issue, playing windowed, setting cache size every time I log in. Memory use climbs steadily and within 1-5 minutes of sitting in station my entire system will lock up. No audio, no alt tabbing to other programs, mouse is frozen etc. etc. Only option is a hard reset!
Obviously I'm not planning to undock until this is fixed since CCP's records never show anything wrong when you petition a ship loss in these situations 
|

Bossman
Gallente Freelancing Corp Confederation of Independent Corporations
|
Posted - 2008.12.15 10:34:00 -
[45]
From about 03 till near the end of 07 i played EVE in a windowed mode. When i got my new rig it really didnt like to run EVE in a window, i would get graphic artifacts and the video driver would stop responding. So i hav had no choice but to play full screen. In short weather the workaround helps or not im not able to use it.
I run more than one client and needless to say hav to alt-tab a lot. EVE eats up all the memory and crashes, or hangs the whole system if for some reason i cant force it to close. Running Vista x64 with 4gigs of ram. Felt like screeny when i noticed First instance of EVE was eating 1.5gigs of ram, with the Second instance taking up 1gig.
|

Par'Gellen
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.12.15 13:15:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Par''Gellen on 15/12/2008 13:17:38
Originally by: Gal'tashec I've been running two clients i window mode for years and yesterday I noticed both clients sucking up 1GB of RAM each 
EDIT: By the way I want to point something out to ppl reporting they can minimize to get memory back. The memory usage you see in Task Manager isn't nessecarily the actuall memory used because what you are seeing is the working set that the process has reserved .. this can be memory that has been used to load resources etc. So when you minimize a running process windows is smart enough to try and reclaim as much as possible from it and it most likely will be able to do so from a working set.
Google it to read more about it - you'll get a gazillion hits explaining how it works.
If you can't get back the memory and it keeps increasing.. that's a memory leak
Good call. We'd already figured it out a few posts before. Thanks all the same though. ---
To err is human. But it shouldn't be the company motto... |

PRO TECH
|
Posted - 2008.12.15 16:49:00 -
[47]
i think i'll be cutting my cost down and moving my 3 main alts to one account if this games not fixed soon, seems pointless paying for 3 accounts when i can only play one at a time due to no longer being able to alt tab, i cant play window mode as then i lose the bottom of the window due to the bar at the with the X in the top right corner moving the bottom part of the window off the screan which mean if i minimize a window i can't click on it at the bottom of the screen, that and if i open a few windows up in eve then that will also make it crash so no alt tabbing and no checking assets and market as well as having items and chat windows open. this game really is becoming annoying to play due to being as good as unplayerble :(
|

Rilwar
BlackStar Industrial
|
Posted - 2008.12.15 16:50:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Mesrin's dame Edited by: Mesrin''s dame on 12/12/2008 19:49:54
Originally by: Par'Gellen
I play using this with two accounts both running premium graphics and both in windowed mode and I can't tell a difference between windowed and full screen (other than it takes a lot less time to tab between clients when they are in windowed mode).
It's pure win.
Edit: Oh I should have said I play at 1280x1024 (higher than that and I can't read the text, yeah I'm an old man...) I've played for several hours at a time on Windows XP with no memory increase or problems even after the last patch.
The problem with that is that i play at a lot higher resolution then you and even with evemon my windowed mode gives me HUGE lag, which i don't have on full screen. Thats an old issue with alot of players so some can play windowed, some can play full screen, just depends what works better for you. This is a totaly new issue of memory leak after the patch, nothing to do with full screen or windowed mode.
That's because evemon isn't resizing for you properly.
I use dual screens, 1920 x 1200 window'ed on the primary and 1280x960 windowsed on the 2nd w/o lag on either.
It's probably having to do with where the program is getting moved to, and a row of pixels is getting moved to the virtual space outside your desktop, I noticed a massive load of client lag when evelauncher didn't put my 2ndary client in the right place once, and left 1 row of pixels from that client on my primary monitor. Simply resizing it a tiny bit to move that last row over fixed it. ---O-H--S-H-*-T---
|

robert free
kadian blades
|
Posted - 2008.12.15 17:33:00 -
[49]
this is a joke. telling me to play in windowed mode when i posted all ready about the fact that i play in windowed mode and yet get to 1.2g of ram use per account. so how about getting people to work for ccp who have a clue as to fix this problem. i guess the next thing to say is it must be your low end pc that is the problem. well guess what dont have a low end pc. so lets see what you people at ccp say is going to fix this LEAK.
|
|

CCP Atlas

|
Posted - 2008.12.15 19:01:00 -
[50]
A client patch will be deployed in the next few days to address issues of memory leaks and client crashes that have become more frequent since Quantum Rise 1.0.3.
|
|
|

CCP Explorer

|
Posted - 2008.12.15 20:28:00 -
[51]
Originally by: CCP Atlas A client patch will be deployed in the next few days to address issues of memory leaks and client crashes that have become more frequent since Quantum Rise 1.0.3.
See update here.
Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson Software Director EVE Online, CCP Games |
|

Nadarius Chrome
Celestial Industrial Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.12.16 03:41:00 -
[52]
AHA! This explains why I haven't been able to keep Eve running for more than 30 minutes in fullscreen mode. Memory usage is an issue but I alt-tab a lot and since switching to windowed mode it has been a lot better. Was this a bug introduced in QR103? It only started crapping out on me then. |
|

CCP Explorer

|
Posted - 2008.12.16 12:43:00 -
[53]
Yes, it was an issue that came up in version 1.0.3, fixed in 1.0.4. Post feedback on 1.0.4 here.
Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson Software Director EVE Online, CCP Games |
|
|

CCP Navigator
C C P

|
Posted - 2008.12.16 12:45:00 -
[54]
Please use this thread for further feedback and issues.
Navigator Senior Community Representative CCP Games, Email / Netfang
|
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |