| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Neptee
Gallente Modro Academy
|
Posted - 2009.01.05 00:08:00 -
[1]
OS: 32-bit Windows XP home edition (service pack 3) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz Motherboard: ASUS P5QL-E Intel P43 ATX Memory: 3328MB (XP's max) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel Graphics: ATI Radeoon HD 4850 512MB (256-bit)GDDR3 Resolution: 1680x1050
On Maximum, my computer would crash in less than an hour. On High, it would crash a little over an hour. Even on Normal, it had crashed after a few good hours. I'm reduced to playing at Low-end. I still have it running on 1680x1050. I have a new monitor that will arrive tomorrow and it's a 21.5in monitor with 1080p (1920x1080) I thought it was a steal for the price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051
However, I won't be enjoying much EVE if my graphics are stil reduced to low <_< so I was thinking of investing in a new graphics card, seeing I'm almost positive it's my ATI card that is the problem. It usually reaches 80c (176f) while playing EVE. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127361 Would this card allow me to play maximum settings on 1920x1080 with all of my other current hardware?
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread or if there's a previous topic on this subject elsewhere. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, prepare to die." |

KISOGOKU
|
Posted - 2009.01.05 01:15:00 -
[2]
4870 should be more than enough ,rise your vga fan speed from catalyst control center or any other tool you are using .How is your airflow in case ?Check the heat before to buy a new vga
|

Neptee
Gallente Modro Academy
|
Posted - 2009.01.05 01:46:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Neptee on 05/01/2009 01:47:05 I have two 120mm fans and an 80mm fan (the 80mm fan on the case is directly over the Graphics card. The air flow is decent, however I do live in Florida and it's usually quite warm in my house (despite it being winter atm). I have manually raised my GPU's fan speed, I have also lowered my clock settings multiple times (all the way down to 500 even) I realize the ATI Radeon 4800 series is great bang for buck, but I wouldn't mind upgrading. Besides, I have a friend who wants to buy my 4850 from me if I ever get a new card. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, prepare to die." |

BlindBleu
Gallente Sirrius Cybernetics SIRRIUS.
|
Posted - 2009.01.05 03:09:00 -
[4]
I have a Asus P5QE based computer.
Airflow is very important.
The fans you have what are the air flow rates?
You need fans pulling air into the case and fans taking the air out the back of the case.
Have you Loaded ASUS Probe II temp monitor program to see what your temps are running?
What type of CPU cooler are you using? Hopefully not the stock one. Every Plan lasts until the first shot is fired. "I have a Plan, a good one." Generally means it is not. If Yellow it get a Fellow Killed |

Lork Niffle
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.01.05 20:22:00 -
[5]
Your graphics card IS overheating. Seriously dont underclock it, buy a better fan for it,make sure your case doesnt go above 70c MAX, your case must stay in the 50c range for it to be comfortable. Oh and how can you upgrade from the 4800 series? They are the latest cards. The Nvidia 260 is about the similar speed but has a lower maximum performance. You can not get any better than the 4800 series. ------------------------------------- Read my bio ingame for tips on how to live and not be called nasty names by me. |

RaTTuS
BIG Libertas Fidelitas
|
Posted - 2009.01.05 23:58:00 -
[6]
if it runs ok with present interval=one then it is overheating -- BIG Lottery, BIG Deal, InEve
|

Flybye
Rex Tech Industries
|
Posted - 2009.01.06 05:27:00 -
[7]
Try also simply removing the fan from the video card, cleaning it off very well, and applying new paste. You might just have a badly seated heatsink/fan.e
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |