| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tanaka Khan
|
Posted - 2003.06.18 11:47:00 -
[1]
I find it very annoying when I want to install something on my ship only to find I don't have the skill to.
Is it possible for a person skilled at installing things to do that for other people's ships? Maybe make a career out of customising ships for people?
|

Ruulex DeMors
|
Posted - 2003.06.18 11:53:00 -
[2]
I know it's very frustating as a new player and you spend a lot of money on something would help you out a lot and find out it's useless to you...But that's part of the learning curve. And I wonder the same thing...if someone else installs the mods on your ship, can you use them? I expect the answer is no though. ------------------------------------- Interm-CEO for EVE Marshals http://www.EVEMarshals.com |

Enfors
|
Posted - 2003.06.18 12:46:00 -
[3]
I've heard it's possible to use things you cannot install yourself, if you get someone else to install it for you. But I think it involves the two of you going into space, ejecting, and switching ships. Not something I'd recommend, unless you know the other guy *very* well.
-- Admiral Enfors Intergalatic Security Agency |

Askari
|
Posted - 2003.06.18 14:02:00 -
[4]
Yes, you can do this. I often fit items requiring mechanic skill to my collegues ships.
I have even considered offering it as a service, and still might in the future, but for it to be a good effective service, i would need level 4 frigate in all races to be able to make the ships active. If anyone has a cruiser or higher... they can afford the skills themselves. :)
One thing i have not tried yes, is installing something needing missile skill or shield skills and seeing if another player without them can still use the item...
If you are in, or near Essence, and you are of Galente disposition, i will fit the items for you for a small fee of 5,000isk.
Edited by: Askari on 18/06/2003 14:03:26 ---------------- ~= Askari =~
Urza's Factory http://www.mikeward.uk.com/urzas
|

Wrangler
|
Posted - 2003.06.18 18:10:00 -
[5]
The first thing you should do is check "info" on the item before you get it. You can check what skills are required, and then you can decide if you need the item, then buy and train the skill.
[Read the Rules!] - [Email the Moderators] |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |