| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Stitcher
Caldari legion of qui Southern Connection
|
Posted - 2009.01.18 11:00:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Brunnis Jetrel Edited by: Brunnis Jetrel on 17/01/2009 15:28:18 A Doctor is by definition a "General Practitioner", and usually has little experience in mental health issues
Actually, speaking as somebody who's related to a GP myself, you couldn't be more wrong.
GPs actually have quite an extensive depth of mental health training and experience. They're the first line of call for all sorts of things, and that means being able to spot and diagnose all sorts of mental health issues: clinical depression, panic attacks... my mother once diagnosed somebody with early-onset paranoid schizophrenia and saved him a very miserable few months of asylum time.
They may not have the same specialist theory and training that a psychiatrist or psychologist may have, but a GP has to be able to deal confidently and comfortably with their patients' mental health, so their "hands-on" knowledge of mental health would probably surprise you. - Captain Verin "Stitcher" Hakatain. |

Rawr Cristina
Caldari Naqam Exalted.
|
Posted - 2009.01.18 11:15:00 -
[32]
Edited by: Rawr Cristina on 18/01/2009 11:15:22 Not driving but cycling on the side of a motorway. At first it was really scary when cars and especially big lorries zoomed past me doing 60mph, but I got used to it and a year later didn't even think about it.
Then one day my bike falls apart with me on it. I hit the road. It's pitch black, I had no lights and fell a little bit into the road. A big lorry was speeding at me. I was hurting really really badly but somehow I still managed to leap out of the way. 
Now, even with a brand new shiny bike I'm far too scared to ride there anymore. Every time a car is passing, even in broad daylight, I just panic and get off. Takes like twice as long now 
Only takes one little happening to put that fear in you...
- Infectious - |

Sakura Nihil
Stimulus Rote Kapelle
|
Posted - 2009.01.18 12:27:00 -
[33]
Take surface streets.
My take on your OP is that you might be overloaded with everything going on around you. Maintaining speed, watching the movements of drivers on all sides, feeling that they're trying to push you into a velocity you're uncomfortable going, afraid that someone might slam on their brakes ahead of you and cause another crash.
I won't say I'm the same - I can do highway, but I prefer not to, or stay in the open country and avoid the clogged arteries of the cities. By decreasing the number of potential interactions my car could have with others, or the road, I can focus on them more, and it feels like I slow myself down as a result. For you, I'd consider taking the surface streets to work if possible, it takes longer and you do have to contend with the annoyance of stoplights and all, but it helps you stay in better control of yourself and your car, and in turn might help you regain your confidence to get back onto the highway regularly.
Football? Hell yes. |

TU144 TEPPOPNCT'CMEPTHNK
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2009.01.18 13:57:00 -
[34]
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
welcome to the club
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |