| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Hamoycal Karyst
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 12:24:00 -
[61]
Edited by: Hamoycal Karyst on 13/02/2009 12:25:24
Originally by: Lurana Lay Basically it just rewards the dull, misinformed and lazy.
You are saying that i am dull, what are you to say that? When i joined eve, i just wanted to give it a try, i never expected to play it for years. Don't be rude, 'couse i was not with you.
Like the above poster, i never had an alt, so i'm not like you cheeks going like "hey who care, i'm going to make another char".
|

Hamoycal Karyst
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 12:25:00 -
[62]
Edited by: Hamoycal Karyst on 13/02/2009 12:27:12
Originally by: TraininVain lollin at all the Achura whining about this.
This tbh. Silence, if you are a main or either an alt, you are the last having the right to speak. And you are just flaming, this is not the right way to show us how "bad" this feature is, you look more like "hey i made this alt to get uber attributes, now you can't have the same".
To get a char with 'uber stats' i should make an alt, but i can't afford one. So.... is this game just for you?! |

Rodj Blake
Amarr PIE Inc.
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 12:29:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Hamoycal Karyst Edited by: Hamoycal Karyst on 13/02/2009 12:27:12
Originally by: TraininVain lollin at all the Achura whining about this.
This tbh. Silence, if you are a main or either an alt, you are the last having the right to speak. And you are just flaming, this is not the right way to show us how "bad" this feature is, you look more like "hey i made this alt to get uber attributes, now you can't have the same".
To get a char with 'uber stats' i should make an alt, but i can't afford one. So.... is this game just for you?!
I not an Achura, and I don't like the idea of re-speccing at all. |

Grendel Wulfsbane
Caldari Underground-Industries
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 15:01:00 -
[64]
Edited by: Grendel Wulfsbane on 13/02/2009 15:04:20 I'm not achura, and I dont like the respec. I'm also not minmatar, and the nano-nerf blows.
I just dont want to see this game become the equivilent of world of *****craft in space
*****: someone you pay for sexual favors... Also I'd like to see forum filters gone, or an option to turn them off for your account... I mean saying **** in jita local probably offends more people than saying world of *****craft in a thread that nobody cares about....
|

Insa Rexion
Minmatar M3T4LH34DZ
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 15:09:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Farrellus Cameron Totally agree with you Hamoycal.
Dear Silence Duegood,
Please for the love of god go play WoW so we don't have to listen to your whiner BS anymore.
Thanks.
-The EVE Community
Hmm.... correct me if I'm wrong but isn't respeccing a feature of WoW ? It's the fact that EvE is so different from dumbed down games like WoW that makes it great, so why don't you **** off to WoW if you love respeccing so much and take yer "remedial class" game mechanics with you 
well mannered a**h*** |

Rennion
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 15:12:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Insa Rexion
Originally by: Farrellus Cameron Totally agree with you Hamoycal.
Dear Silence Duegood,
Please for the love of god go play WoW so we don't have to listen to your whiner BS anymore.
Thanks.
-The EVE Community
Hmm.... correct me if I'm wrong but isn't respeccing a feature of WoW ? It's the fact that EvE is so different from dumbed down games like WoW that makes it great, so why don't you **** off to WoW if you love respeccing so much and take yer "remedial class" game mechanics with you 
Yeh man totally, making a choice that massivley impacts your effectiveness for the rest of your game time within the first 5 mins of signing up is the hieght of intelectual play and hardcore gaming.
Tell you what, pick a number between 1 and 10.
If you picked 7 then I am gonna kick you in the nuts every night before you go to bed for the rest of your life.
|

Tippia
Raddick Explorations BlackWater.
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 15:14:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Tippia on 13/02/2009 15:14:47
Originally by: Rennion Yeh man totally, making a choice that massivley impacts your effectiveness for the rest of your game time within the first 5 mins of signing up is the hieght of intelectual play and hardcore gaming.
Tell you what, pick a number between 1 and 10.
If you picked 7 then I am gonna kick you in the nuts every night before you go to bed for the rest of your life.
…which is a great argument for a one-time respec, which — as far as I can see — has met with zero complaints.
It's this idea to royally screw over newbies, buff high-SP vets, buff character farmers, buff min-maxers, and buff the Achura bloodline that some of us feel is less sensible. ——— “If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡… you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.” — Karath Piki |

Insa Rexion
Minmatar M3T4LH34DZ
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 15:18:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Rennion
Originally by: Insa Rexion
Originally by: Farrellus Cameron Totally agree with you Hamoycal.
Dear Silence Duegood,
Please for the love of god go play WoW so we don't have to listen to your whiner BS anymore.
Thanks.
-The EVE Community
Hmm.... correct me if I'm wrong but isn't respeccing a feature of WoW ? It's the fact that EvE is so different from dumbed down games like WoW that makes it great, so why don't you **** off to WoW if you love respeccing so much and take yer "remedial class" game mechanics with you 
Yeh man totally, making a choice that massivley impacts your effectiveness for the rest of your game time within the first 5 mins of signing up is the hieght of intelectual play and hardcore gaming.
Tell you what, pick a number between 1 and 10.
If you picked 7 then I am gonna kick you in the nuts every night before you go to bed for the rest of your life.
tell me......you do understand the difference between the concepts "once" and "once every six months" right ?
|

Emperors Bride
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 15:19:00 -
[69]
I'm glad you are happy with it. I may have been one of those people who told you it wasn't something to concern yourself with. I will stand by that. In 3 years, you will save 3 weeks from min - maxing attributes. It's in your head, the need to have a 31 Percep as opposed to a 29. But ... happy for you. |

Grendel Wulfsbane
Caldari Underground-Industries
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 16:24:00 -
[70]
I dunno about that... I'd expect that you could save approx a week every month, if you (insert disclaimer about starting atts, skill plans, skill que here)
A one off respec is awesome... but once every 6 months? cmon ccp, at least make it hurt... by the end of your first 6 months 5 mill should be pocket change. |

Katsuro Michio
Gallente Pacific Dawn
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 16:41:00 -
[71]
I think this whole respeccing thing is a waste of time.
I would rather see CCP make all the stats the same for every race, and have more Special Unique Racial bonuses that affect gameplay.

|

Kao Lei
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 16:43:00 -
[72]
I don't get it...
if so many people make mistakes when they create their character as it's almost impossible for a newbie to know how to choose his attributes, how come there are so many Achura's in game?
|

Tippia
Raddick Explorations BlackWater.
|
Posted - 2009.02.13 20:26:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Kao Lei I don't get it...
if so many people make mistakes when they create their character as it's almost impossible for a newbie to know how to choose his attributes, how come there are so many Achura's in game?
Alts is the obvious answer to that one.
More importantly, though, if it's so common that newbies make mistakes with their attribute choices, why not make it blatantly obvious what the attributes are for: how they influence training, what occupations rely on what attributes, how common the attributes are in the various skill paths, etc. etc etc.? |

Kern Hotha
|
Posted - 2009.02.14 00:25:00 -
[74]
Jumping on the quotation bandwagon.
Originally by: Silence Duegood Dear CCP,
I didn't know or care what I was doing when I made my character. Now, with a respec every six-months, I can min/max like everyone else, and every character can have max'd stats for a certain training regimen, and every character will have a many similarities, except for appearance. In fact, characters will really only be different in appearance, and everyone will be maxing stats out on their characters like everyone else, which means only two stats matter out of five, which means five stats are pointless, only two matter.
/scratches head, throws partially written letter in the trash, and grabs new paper
Dear CCP,
How about getting rid of three stats, and the respec system, and calling it even. That way, since everyone will have max'd stats, we won't have to bother with a silly stat adjustment every six months.
/scratches head again, light bulb appears over head, reaches for another piece of paper
Dear Blizzard,
Thank you.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |