| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Bedrock
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 05:34:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Brazero I ran 4 lvl2 agents at the same time just to lvl up fast as possible, and after 3 hours I had a lvl3 q5 agent. And now, after hundreds of missions, I'm still waiting for an implant. Got 3800 garbage as bonus 
I still stand by my theory!!!!!! I'm doing GREAT with my single agent now. WAY better rewards and bonuses! I suggest a change if you get a bad luck run like that.
danny~! ----------------------------------------------
[apparent-dreams.com] |

Bedrock
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 05:34:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Brazero I ran 4 lvl2 agents at the same time just to lvl up fast as possible, and after 3 hours I had a lvl3 q5 agent. And now, after hundreds of missions, I'm still waiting for an implant. Got 3800 garbage as bonus 
I still stand by my theory!!!!!! I'm doing GREAT with my single agent now. WAY better rewards and bonuses! I suggest a change if you get a bad luck run like that.
danny~! ----------------------------------------------
[apparent-dreams.com] |

JP Beauregard
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 06:38:00 -
[33]
Actually, I have even gotten identical concurrent implant missions from two agents at the same station, resulting in the infamous bug where only one set of mission items would spawn.
It all comes down to a rabbit's foot and a set of dog bones. Oh, and the stars. Never forget the stars.
JP Beauregard
=== The Pilkington Guides to EVE === |

JP Beauregard
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 06:38:00 -
[34]
Actually, I have even gotten identical concurrent implant missions from two agents at the same station, resulting in the infamous bug where only one set of mission items would spawn.
It all comes down to a rabbit's foot and a set of dog bones. Oh, and the stars. Never forget the stars.
JP Beauregard
=== The Pilkington Guides to EVE === |

Valorian
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 09:11:00 -
[35]
Agent rewards simplified:
Value of reward is based on Agent quality and Negotiation skill lvl. (Important missions for implants are an exception) Value of the reward is ISK and/or NPC value of items.
Random allocation of Important rewards:
First important mission can occur on the 1st through to 20th mission for that agent. Subsequent important missions (these are ones you get later after the first) will occur after running the next 4th through to (20-faction with agent)th mission. IE as you get a higher faction you will tend to get important missions more often (colossal bad luck could mean you get the first on mission 20, then an important mission at each 20-agent_faction).
Getting Implant missions as opposed to other Important missions:
Each agent has N important missions, N-1 of these do not give implants. Each time you are given an important mission you only have 1/N (1 in N) chances of getting the implant mission. It does not matter how many important missions you have previously run, each time you still have only 1/N chances of getting the implant mission.
Running missions for 2 agents (in the same corp): Assumption - the agents are in the same station, chances of these 2 agents having the same quality are minimal. Lower base agent quality does appear to effect your standing gain. (An agent with higher base quality has more importance within the corporation). Effectively you are sharing your mission run time over the 2 agents. If your purely after faction standing with the NPC corp then you will possibly gain that faction faster than running for a single agent (assuming you have an effective reduction in mission travel times). The main effect though is you slow down your faction standing gain with each agent, and take longer between each mission for each agent (though not necessarily for the NPC corp). In effect you are most likely not reducing the 1/N chance for getting an implant from each agent, but you are definitely going to need a lot more time to get an implant if you receive colossal bad luck (which can take the form of near to maximum standard mission runs between each important mission and possibly never getting the implant mission).
An NPC Corporation is not the pilot of its ships and structures! |

Valorian
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 09:11:00 -
[36]
Agent rewards simplified:
Value of reward is based on Agent quality and Negotiation skill lvl. (Important missions for implants are an exception) Value of the reward is ISK and/or NPC value of items.
Random allocation of Important rewards:
First important mission can occur on the 1st through to 20th mission for that agent. Subsequent important missions (these are ones you get later after the first) will occur after running the next 4th through to (20-faction with agent)th mission. IE as you get a higher faction you will tend to get important missions more often (colossal bad luck could mean you get the first on mission 20, then an important mission at each 20-agent_faction).
Getting Implant missions as opposed to other Important missions:
Each agent has N important missions, N-1 of these do not give implants. Each time you are given an important mission you only have 1/N (1 in N) chances of getting the implant mission. It does not matter how many important missions you have previously run, each time you still have only 1/N chances of getting the implant mission.
Running missions for 2 agents (in the same corp): Assumption - the agents are in the same station, chances of these 2 agents having the same quality are minimal. Lower base agent quality does appear to effect your standing gain. (An agent with higher base quality has more importance within the corporation). Effectively you are sharing your mission run time over the 2 agents. If your purely after faction standing with the NPC corp then you will possibly gain that faction faster than running for a single agent (assuming you have an effective reduction in mission travel times). The main effect though is you slow down your faction standing gain with each agent, and take longer between each mission for each agent (though not necessarily for the NPC corp). In effect you are most likely not reducing the 1/N chance for getting an implant from each agent, but you are definitely going to need a lot more time to get an implant if you receive colossal bad luck (which can take the form of near to maximum standard mission runs between each important mission and possibly never getting the implant mission).
An NPC Corporation is not the pilot of its ships and structures! |

Prothos
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 19:10:00 -
[37]
I have used 6 differant agents with 3 corperation and no implant in 3 months
|

Prothos
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 19:10:00 -
[38]
I have used 6 differant agents with 3 corperation and no implant in 3 months
|

CrayC
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 19:29:00 -
[39]
Odd...
I've changed agents really fast lately, using better agents almost as soon as I could get to them, and I've had 2 basic Perception implants from 2 different (lvl 3) agents in 2 days
I'm using Spacelane Patrol agents, if anyone feels like trying their luck with them. Usual non-isk reward is Garbage or Small/Medium Iron/Lead ammo, so don't get your hopes up...
|

CrayC
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 19:29:00 -
[40]
Odd...
I've changed agents really fast lately, using better agents almost as soon as I could get to them, and I've had 2 basic Perception implants from 2 different (lvl 3) agents in 2 days
I'm using Spacelane Patrol agents, if anyone feels like trying their luck with them. Usual non-isk reward is Garbage or Small/Medium Iron/Lead ammo, so don't get your hopes up...
|

Darth Revanant
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 20:20:00 -
[41]
There is seriously something wrong with implants. Back in April I got my 1st implant from a lvl3 amarr navy agent quality 13 or 14. Over the next 8 days, I got 3 more. All +3 perception. At the time I had a corp standing of around 6.0-7.0 and personal standing w/ the agent of about 7.0-8.0. I continued to work with that agent until mid-july and never got another implant.
I then moved to a quality 17 agent in the same corp. Corp standing of 9.57 currently and personal standing with the agent of 8.34. Still no implant. Well, no normal implant. I did get one of the new hardwire ones the day after they were released, but I don't think they are given out via the same "system" because i have done over 50 important missions for this agent and still no regular implant.
And I've heard that navy agent aren't giving them out any more, but that's not true. A corpmate of mine worked for the same 2 agents at the same times and has gotten five implants in the last 3 weeks. Not to mention he got 3 from the first agent after I stopped getting them.
|

Darth Revanant
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 20:20:00 -
[42]
There is seriously something wrong with implants. Back in April I got my 1st implant from a lvl3 amarr navy agent quality 13 or 14. Over the next 8 days, I got 3 more. All +3 perception. At the time I had a corp standing of around 6.0-7.0 and personal standing w/ the agent of about 7.0-8.0. I continued to work with that agent until mid-july and never got another implant.
I then moved to a quality 17 agent in the same corp. Corp standing of 9.57 currently and personal standing with the agent of 8.34. Still no implant. Well, no normal implant. I did get one of the new hardwire ones the day after they were released, but I don't think they are given out via the same "system" because i have done over 50 important missions for this agent and still no regular implant.
And I've heard that navy agent aren't giving them out any more, but that's not true. A corpmate of mine worked for the same 2 agents at the same times and has gotten five implants in the last 3 weeks. Not to mention he got 3 from the first agent after I stopped getting them.
|

Semirhage
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 20:56:00 -
[43]
I picked up agent missions again three weeks ago, starting running missions for two lvl 2 agents (quality -20 and -13) at the same time, which resulted in two +2 implants in three days, and lots of imporant missions and reward items. So I switched to two lvl 3 agents (-9 and -13 quality). From that time I've only had one imporant mission, and no more implants. The reward items are rare (usually cash). I've also noticed that rewards tend to be better immediately after downtime, anyone else notice this? All agents are from navy corps btw.
|

Semirhage
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 20:56:00 -
[44]
I picked up agent missions again three weeks ago, starting running missions for two lvl 2 agents (quality -20 and -13) at the same time, which resulted in two +2 implants in three days, and lots of imporant missions and reward items. So I switched to two lvl 3 agents (-9 and -13 quality). From that time I've only had one imporant mission, and no more implants. The reward items are rare (usually cash). I've also noticed that rewards tend to be better immediately after downtime, anyone else notice this? All agents are from navy corps btw.
|

Fuujin
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 22:21:00 -
[45]
I've recieved 3 +3 intelligence implants from my agent in the past 3 days 
-18 quality too! _______________
The sword has to be more than a simple weapon; it has to be an answer to life's questions
|

Fuujin
|
Posted - 2004.08.07 22:21:00 -
[46]
I've recieved 3 +3 intelligence implants from my agent in the past 3 days 
-18 quality too! _______________
The sword has to be more than a simple weapon; it has to be an answer to life's questions
|

Valorian
|
Posted - 2004.08.08 09:57:00 -
[47]
Remember, you might never get an implant, the only guaranteed way to get an implant is buy one.
If you buy a ticket in a lottery every week, you still only have the same chance as you had last week. Some people by a ticket every week of their life and never win. This is because the lottery is random, just like EVE important missions are random.
An NPC Corporation is not the pilot of its ships and structures! |

Valorian
|
Posted - 2004.08.08 09:57:00 -
[48]
Remember, you might never get an implant, the only guaranteed way to get an implant is buy one.
If you buy a ticket in a lottery every week, you still only have the same chance as you had last week. Some people by a ticket every week of their life and never win. This is because the lottery is random, just like EVE important missions are random.
An NPC Corporation is not the pilot of its ships and structures! |

Don Caana
|
Posted - 2004.08.08 12:25:00 -
[49]
Hmm, let us see... Implants cost millions because they are hard to get. Yes, sometimes you get lucky, like I did with my roden agent that gave me 3 implants for my first 4 important missions with him. (all within the same week...) after that, I have not gotten a single implant from the same guy in months. Let's just face it, some people get lucky and some don't. If everyone would be getting implants just by doing a few missions, implants would only cost 10K on the market. (and then you would be whining about how sucky the rewards are that you get from agent missions.) I bet the guy that first was rewarded a basic cargohold BPO jumped for joy, because no-one else had it. Nowdays, I the exact same product is absolutely worthless, since I have already gotten over 200 of them from my agent, and I can't even recycle them.
Supply and demand. Get used to the idea that you can't get everything. Real life works like that too. You could think of it this way: the less you have, the happier you are about what you DO have. -Freedom, Peace and Prosperity. |

Don Caana
|
Posted - 2004.08.08 12:25:00 -
[50]
Hmm, let us see... Implants cost millions because they are hard to get. Yes, sometimes you get lucky, like I did with my roden agent that gave me 3 implants for my first 4 important missions with him. (all within the same week...) after that, I have not gotten a single implant from the same guy in months. Let's just face it, some people get lucky and some don't. If everyone would be getting implants just by doing a few missions, implants would only cost 10K on the market. (and then you would be whining about how sucky the rewards are that you get from agent missions.) I bet the guy that first was rewarded a basic cargohold BPO jumped for joy, because no-one else had it. Nowdays, I the exact same product is absolutely worthless, since I have already gotten over 200 of them from my agent, and I can't even recycle them.
Supply and demand. Get used to the idea that you can't get everything. Real life works like that too. You could think of it this way: the less you have, the happier you are about what you DO have. -Freedom, Peace and Prosperity. |

Spate
|
Posted - 2004.08.08 21:24:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Darth Revanant There is seriously something wrong with implants.
The problem with forum threads named 'no implant' or 'lots of implants' is quite obvious. They always attract the attention of two small groups of EVE players.
ONE GROUP being the extremely lucky ones, who have gotten two or three implants in rapid succession.
THE OTHER GROUP are those who feel unlucky when it comes to implants. (In fact, they usually are unlucky too)
These people meet and try to 'reason' out the dynamics of implant rewards. Being on opposite ends of the probability distribution, they are representing the people whith least experience of 'normal' agent behaviour.
The vast majority of players, who feel rather average in their luck with implants, usually wont bother to respond to these threads.
|

Spate
|
Posted - 2004.08.08 21:24:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Darth Revanant There is seriously something wrong with implants.
The problem with forum threads named 'no implant' or 'lots of implants' is quite obvious. They always attract the attention of two small groups of EVE players.
ONE GROUP being the extremely lucky ones, who have gotten two or three implants in rapid succession.
THE OTHER GROUP are those who feel unlucky when it comes to implants. (In fact, they usually are unlucky too)
These people meet and try to 'reason' out the dynamics of implant rewards. Being on opposite ends of the probability distribution, they are representing the people whith least experience of 'normal' agent behaviour.
The vast majority of players, who feel rather average in their luck with implants, usually wont bother to respond to these threads.
|

CrazySledge
|
Posted - 2004.08.10 07:27:00 -
[53]
Eve is such a great game....here I am reading countless number of posts about people b***ching about not getting implants..blah blah blah....and its starting to bring me down being that I just started doing agent missions again...well, I did 10 missions for a lvl 2 -3 agent, and on the 11th mission, I got a +2 perception implant....my jaw dropped to the floor...hehe...anyway, just wanted to assure everyone that anything is possible
|

CrazySledge
|
Posted - 2004.08.10 07:27:00 -
[54]
Eve is such a great game....here I am reading countless number of posts about people b***ching about not getting implants..blah blah blah....and its starting to bring me down being that I just started doing agent missions again...well, I did 10 missions for a lvl 2 -3 agent, and on the 11th mission, I got a +2 perception implant....my jaw dropped to the floor...hehe...anyway, just wanted to assure everyone that anything is possible
|

Gaphorus
|
Posted - 2004.08.10 21:41:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Cruz I Have currently been using 2 lvl 3 Caldari Navy Agents in Nourvukaiken, I have a 6.1 standing with the caldari navy, and ive gotten over 15 important kill missions from them(probally way more)... Not one has resulted in an implant... Is it because im using both agents at the same time? Or is there some kind of trick to getting an implant in an important mission?
I'm currently using 3 Caldari Navy agents at the same time, in Suroken. Got 2 perc. implants during last 3 weeks and one hardwiring implant. But I think changing agents is always a good idea - you'll get slightly different set of missions, and rats from different factions (which means different loot categories). Less boring. 
|

Gaphorus
|
Posted - 2004.08.10 21:41:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Cruz I Have currently been using 2 lvl 3 Caldari Navy Agents in Nourvukaiken, I have a 6.1 standing with the caldari navy, and ive gotten over 15 important kill missions from them(probally way more)... Not one has resulted in an implant... Is it because im using both agents at the same time? Or is there some kind of trick to getting an implant in an important mission?
I'm currently using 3 Caldari Navy agents at the same time, in Suroken. Got 2 perc. implants during last 3 weeks and one hardwiring implant. But I think changing agents is always a good idea - you'll get slightly different set of missions, and rats from different factions (which means different loot categories). Less boring. 
|

Uggster
|
Posted - 2004.08.11 11:06:00 -
[57]
In so far as running multiple agents reducing your chance of Implants, I got my first when I was running 2 lvl 3 agents at the same time, 1 was around Qu. -7 and the other about Qu. 6 or so.
I think, through running many missions and getting a "feel" for it rather than using stats or whatever, that there are certain agents that give and certain ones that dont. I would do 5 or so Important missions for an agent and if there is no joy try another if you can. But most important is to have fun, talk to your agents and if they are cute...ask them out
|

Uggster
|
Posted - 2004.08.11 11:06:00 -
[58]
In so far as running multiple agents reducing your chance of Implants, I got my first when I was running 2 lvl 3 agents at the same time, 1 was around Qu. -7 and the other about Qu. 6 or so.
I think, through running many missions and getting a "feel" for it rather than using stats or whatever, that there are certain agents that give and certain ones that dont. I would do 5 or so Important missions for an agent and if there is no joy try another if you can. But most important is to have fun, talk to your agents and if they are cute...ask them out
|

Ceejay
|
Posted - 2004.08.11 11:40:00 -
[59]
Edited by: Ceejay on 11/08/2004 11:42:39 Assuming your not just being darn unlucky....
Here's a personal theory. Some agents simply dont have the Important Implant mission in any of it's forms (I've found 2 so far) on their mission lists.
I can confirm however that Amarr Navy contacts give implant missions at all 3 levels and that faction/corp standing does not seem to make a huge difference.
It also looks like that if one agent at a station does, so will another of the same corp.
I'd suggest using only those AN agents you know give implants (HINT: the best level 3 combat mission agent (q19 I think) does, as does his lvl 2 buddy in the same station...)
Have fun!
|

Ceejay
|
Posted - 2004.08.11 11:40:00 -
[60]
Edited by: Ceejay on 11/08/2004 11:42:39 Assuming your not just being darn unlucky....
Here's a personal theory. Some agents simply dont have the Important Implant mission in any of it's forms (I've found 2 so far) on their mission lists.
I can confirm however that Amarr Navy contacts give implant missions at all 3 levels and that faction/corp standing does not seem to make a huge difference.
It also looks like that if one agent at a station does, so will another of the same corp.
I'd suggest using only those AN agents you know give implants (HINT: the best level 3 combat mission agent (q19 I think) does, as does his lvl 2 buddy in the same station...)
Have fun!
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |