| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lukriss
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 01:41:00 -
[1]
Quote: $ wine explorer /desktop=0,1200x800 "C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE\eve.exe" err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1 fixme:dpnhpast:DllRegisterServer :stub fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x8d0000 0 0x33fc44 4
anyone got any idea about what could be wrong, copied the fonts and the dll, i suspect it might be a problem related to direct x (as I it generates a ****ton of errors when installing it).
Quote: $ wine DXSETUP.exe fixme:mscoree:GetCORVersion (0x7e0c72f4, 600, 0x7e0c72e0): semi-stub! err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144
the last of those lines shows up like 50 times.
|

Aurix Lexico
Slacker Industries The Boat Violencing Initiative
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 01:44:00 -
[2]
I had this before, I updated wine to the latest and it went away. what version of wine are you using?
|

Lukriss
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 01:44:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Lukriss on 16/02/2009 01:44:44 Maybe I should mention that I'm running on an Intel Core Duo with 2Ghz, and Nvidia 8(4 or6 can't remember :s)00 Mobile
edit: running wine 1.1.14
|

Aurix Lexico
Slacker Industries The Boat Violencing Initiative
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 02:11:00 -
[4]
I'm using wine 1.1.14 without crashing. Hmm, perhaps you can try a couple other wine versions?
|

Draco Argen
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 05:45:00 -
[5]
What version of the NVidia Proprietary driver are you using? A Crash that early can be a number of things. But personally points to either an early version of Wine or no/too old GFX driver.
I Don t think you have to explicitly install DirectX, i never have. Dropping in the dll is all you need to do. (Correct me if i'm wrong people). Try redroppping the dll into system32 after the DX install.
Also didn't catch what Distribution you were using. Ubuntu? Fedora? etc
GFX Card sounds fine, enough umph and NVidia work a dream with the NVidia official drivers.
Also, my persoal favorites: * Check Compiz is off * Check KDE4 Desktop Effects are off (If you use KDE 4)
|

Lukriss
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 07:46:00 -
[6]
Running Ubuntu 8.10 using the proprietary 177 drivers (recommended by the driver handler in ubuntu). Disabling Compiz didn't fix it (made it happen a bit faster, suppose that's because of lower resource use :)
Tried copying the DLL again already.
|

Zaraa
United Forces
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 12:11:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Zaraa on 16/02/2009 12:12:40 I can run both version of eve (TQ and SISI), and I get same error as you on startup. I've got nvidia 7600GS card. Same drivers as you and same version of wine.
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1 fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x8d0000 0 0x33fc44 4 I dont think the problem is found in this messages. I used winetricks to set up all things I needed to run eve in wine.
running Gentoo\Linux
|

Debeus
Amarr Princeps Corp Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 22:15:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Lukriss Running Ubuntu 8.10 using the proprietary 177 drivers (recommended by the driver handler in ubuntu). Disabling Compiz didn't fix it (made it happen a bit faster, suppose that's because of lower resource use :)
Tried copying the DLL again already.
If you enable backports, install packages nvidia-glx-180 and nvidia-180-modaliases and reboot, you will have 180.11 instead. While testing keep compiz disabled. Did you do the user.reg edit? -- Wine + fix |

Debeus
Amarr Princeps Corp Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 22:33:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Lukriss Running Ubuntu 8.10 using the proprietary 177 drivers (recommended by the driver handler in ubuntu). Disabling Compiz didn't fix it (made it happen a bit faster, suppose that's because of lower resource use :)
Tried copying the DLL again already.
If you enable backports, install packages nvidia-glx-180 and nvidia-180-modaliases and reboot, you will have 180.11 instead. While testing, keep compiz disabled. Did you do the user.reg Direct3D edit? -- Wine + fix |

Lukriss
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.02.17 14:15:00 -
[10]
i tried a reg "hack" but I'm not sure if i tried the right one. are there more than one?
I'll try the backports thing when i get home.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |