| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Elucidate
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 21:22:00 -
[1]
I was exploring the low sec space in a generic shuttle, checking out the various zones and see how big of a jump I could create (biggest number of jumps that is :>)
Anyway, I hop into an 0.1 system and am immediately warpscrambled and a demand pops up for 10mil ISK.
I laughed. For one, I've yet to have over 5million (not that I expected him to know), and I'm in a SHUTTLE. He threatened me again, saying he'd pod me, the podkill me and take my implants!
I had to tell him to wait a second while I asked my corpmates what the hell an implant was . I politely told him killing my ship, or my pod would earn him absolutely nothing.. He popped me like a balloon and I podwarped to the nearest station, snagged another shuttle and flew back. Sat there and laughed at him in local for a few before I finally left.
I won't name names, so that the foolish can be protected, but why do you pirates bother popping someone who obviously has nothing to offer, nor can do much (Hi, I'm in a shuttle. Shall I drive it up your exhaust?). Not counting the fact that killing a shuttle is beyond pathetic (Wow, whole lot of defensively capability that a shuttle has!).
Enlighten me.
Just to make it clear again, I found this highly amusing, not irritating.
pirates are pathetic. :) ------------ Elucidate - Extraordinarily Lazy Miner |

Elucidate
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 21:22:00 -
[2]
I was exploring the low sec space in a generic shuttle, checking out the various zones and see how big of a jump I could create (biggest number of jumps that is :>)
Anyway, I hop into an 0.1 system and am immediately warpscrambled and a demand pops up for 10mil ISK.
I laughed. For one, I've yet to have over 5million (not that I expected him to know), and I'm in a SHUTTLE. He threatened me again, saying he'd pod me, the podkill me and take my implants!
I had to tell him to wait a second while I asked my corpmates what the hell an implant was . I politely told him killing my ship, or my pod would earn him absolutely nothing.. He popped me like a balloon and I podwarped to the nearest station, snagged another shuttle and flew back. Sat there and laughed at him in local for a few before I finally left.
I won't name names, so that the foolish can be protected, but why do you pirates bother popping someone who obviously has nothing to offer, nor can do much (Hi, I'm in a shuttle. Shall I drive it up your exhaust?). Not counting the fact that killing a shuttle is beyond pathetic (Wow, whole lot of defensively capability that a shuttle has!).
Enlighten me.
Just to make it clear again, I found this highly amusing, not irritating.
pirates are pathetic. :) ------------ Elucidate - Extraordinarily Lazy Miner |

Damajink
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 21:28:00 -
[3]
I think there are still some people who think it's a good idea to move valuable blueprints in shuttles 
|

Damajink
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 21:28:00 -
[4]
I think there are still some people who think it's a good idea to move valuable blueprints in shuttles 
|

Hanse Davion
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 22:17:00 -
[5]
Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head:
1) You could be carrying something valuable and hoping that being in a shuttle will make people think you are not. An yes when shuttles were first released people did it all the time.
2) You could be someone's alt spying for a attack. Again happens all the time.
3) It's 0.1 space, going there in a shuttle is like walking in the projects after dark. You may do it 1000 times and nothing happens, then one night some *****head that needs a fix robs you. Only to find you have no money so kills you out of frustration.
All in all glad you didn't loss much from the experience. 2005.01.21 05:09:06combatYour Tachyon Beam Laser I perfectly strikes Blood Priest, wrecking for 533.1 damage. |

Hanse Davion
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 22:17:00 -
[6]
Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head:
1) You could be carrying something valuable and hoping that being in a shuttle will make people think you are not. An yes when shuttles were first released people did it all the time.
2) You could be someone's alt spying for a attack. Again happens all the time.
3) It's 0.1 space, going there in a shuttle is like walking in the projects after dark. You may do it 1000 times and nothing happens, then one night some *****head that needs a fix robs you. Only to find you have no money so kills you out of frustration.
All in all glad you didn't loss much from the experience. 2005.01.21 05:09:06combatYour Tachyon Beam Laser I perfectly strikes Blood Priest, wrecking for 533.1 damage. |

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 22:19:00 -
[7]
1. As stated above, some ppl transport very very expensive stuff in shuttles. 2. If the person has implants, he/she will probably lose a lot more isk than the ransom asked if podded (implants are kinda expensive). 3. If you get away, you can warn the ppl in the system and in the neighbouring systems, which would be bad for the business for a pirate.
Those are the main reasons for podding defenseless ppl in 0.1+ in my experience.
|

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 22:19:00 -
[8]
1. As stated above, some ppl transport very very expensive stuff in shuttles. 2. If the person has implants, he/she will probably lose a lot more isk than the ransom asked if podded (implants are kinda expensive). 3. If you get away, you can warn the ppl in the system and in the neighbouring systems, which would be bad for the business for a pirate.
Those are the main reasons for podding defenseless ppl in 0.1+ in my experience.
|

ActiveX
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 22:53:00 -
[9]
Shuttles are too slow anyway. ____________ Sex / Rank 9 / SP: 1280 of 2304000 
|

ActiveX
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 22:53:00 -
[10]
Shuttles are too slow anyway. ____________ Sex / Rank 9 / SP: 1280 of 2304000 
|

Boonaki
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 23:07:00 -
[11]
it's almost impossible to catch a shuttle going into warp due to server side net lag. Click on the warp scrambler and then click the shuttle as soon as it decloaks, you target then you get 1.5 seconds of netlag on the activation of the warp scrambler. People use this ability to move expensive BPO's. I've heard of people smartbombing shuttles at gates and it dropping some pretty nice stuff.
Fear the Ibis of doom. |

Boonaki
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 23:07:00 -
[12]
it's almost impossible to catch a shuttle going into warp due to server side net lag. Click on the warp scrambler and then click the shuttle as soon as it decloaks, you target then you get 1.5 seconds of netlag on the activation of the warp scrambler. People use this ability to move expensive BPO's. I've heard of people smartbombing shuttles at gates and it dropping some pretty nice stuff.
Fear the Ibis of doom. |

ActiveX
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 23:17:00 -
[13]
catch the shuttle at the other end of their warp ____________ Sex / Rank 9 / SP: 1280 of 2304000 
|

ActiveX
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 23:17:00 -
[14]
catch the shuttle at the other end of their warp ____________ Sex / Rank 9 / SP: 1280 of 2304000 
|

The Unseen
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 03:32:00 -
[15]
What was the Point of this post anyways?
"Time is a companion that is with us on our journys."
~Patric Stewart |

The Unseen
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 03:32:00 -
[16]
What was the Point of this post anyways?
"Time is a companion that is with us on our journys."
~Patric Stewart |

Legenda
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 07:03:00 -
[17]
Well i was podded yesterday at the EC gate by some Big BioMass Pirate wannabe 
My Mining fitted Osprey must have been a huge thread to his Armageddon and his litle friend in the Virgil , cause they didnt ask for any ransom just killed me right away 
Well...,i didnt mind cause i didnt carry any really value, was insured and they saved me the long tripp back home  I just lost one implant and that didnt bother me either ! IM a rich bastard so i can easy get anything back i lost tho :P Well...,even if they would have asked me for ransom.....,I never would have payed them 
|

Legenda
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 07:03:00 -
[18]
Well i was podded yesterday at the EC gate by some Big BioMass Pirate wannabe 
My Mining fitted Osprey must have been a huge thread to his Armageddon and his litle friend in the Virgil , cause they didnt ask for any ransom just killed me right away 
Well...,i didnt mind cause i didnt carry any really value, was insured and they saved me the long tripp back home  I just lost one implant and that didnt bother me either ! IM a rich bastard so i can easy get anything back i lost tho :P Well...,even if they would have asked me for ransom.....,I never would have payed them 
|

F'nog
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 07:45:00 -
[19]
Just a note: getting podded means your pod is destroyed, not your ship so you end up in a pod.
This caused a little confusion the other night in corp chat when somebody said he got podded and we all flipped out, when in reality he just lost his ship.
|

F'nog
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 07:45:00 -
[20]
Just a note: getting podded means your pod is destroyed, not your ship so you end up in a pod.
This caused a little confusion the other night in corp chat when somebody said he got podded and we all flipped out, when in reality he just lost his ship.
|

PaulLRyan
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 09:42:00 -
[21]
The thing to consider is that your shuttle, noobship, mining set up friggate or whatever may not pose a direct threat to that battleship bristling with named weapons. That is not the point. Several posters have suggested plausable reason why a pirate would be nervous about your presence or may think that there would be a profit in killing or ransoming you.
The other reason is that finding prey can be a boring experience, you may get popped just to provide some small amusement in an otherwise slow evenings play.
When I first started the game I could not understand the need to attack 5 day old, starter corp characters or travellers in a shuttle. Once you play for a while it becomes clearer.
It may well have been 'pointless' from your perspective but then think of it this way. If one in a hundred people carry something valuable or can be ransomed for isk whilst in a shuttle then the pirate might as well buy his/her lottery ticket (by killing you then ransoming the pod) and hope for the jackpot.
PL |

PaulLRyan
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 09:42:00 -
[22]
The thing to consider is that your shuttle, noobship, mining set up friggate or whatever may not pose a direct threat to that battleship bristling with named weapons. That is not the point. Several posters have suggested plausable reason why a pirate would be nervous about your presence or may think that there would be a profit in killing or ransoming you.
The other reason is that finding prey can be a boring experience, you may get popped just to provide some small amusement in an otherwise slow evenings play.
When I first started the game I could not understand the need to attack 5 day old, starter corp characters or travellers in a shuttle. Once you play for a while it becomes clearer.
It may well have been 'pointless' from your perspective but then think of it this way. If one in a hundred people carry something valuable or can be ransomed for isk whilst in a shuttle then the pirate might as well buy his/her lottery ticket (by killing you then ransoming the pod) and hope for the jackpot.
PL |

Ifni
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 10:42:00 -
[23]
i popped a shuttle the other day that was carrying 999 mega and a thorax bpc. sounds like a good reason to me  -
|

Ifni
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 10:42:00 -
[24]
i popped a shuttle the other day that was carrying 999 mega and a thorax bpc. sounds like a good reason to me  -
|

AvanCade
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 11:09:00 -
[25]
Nowadays all valuable items are transported in Battleships. Or at least have an escort of 2 battleships. If you do neither of those in unsafe space, then you are .... lets say stupid 
|

AvanCade
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 11:09:00 -
[26]
Nowadays all valuable items are transported in Battleships. Or at least have an escort of 2 battleships. If you do neither of those in unsafe space, then you are .... lets say stupid 
|

Luc Boye
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 11:09:00 -
[27]
Smack-talking in local would prolly just set the guy off to pod whomever he can next time. Not to mention leading the buddies to target.
And besides that crounchy sound is addicting... "Once you pop, you can't stop!"
--
2004.12.29 23:33:40combatMining Pollution Cloud hits you, doing 140.0 damage. |

Luc Boye
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 11:09:00 -
[28]
Smack-talking in local would prolly just set the guy off to pod whomever he can next time. Not to mention leading the buddies to target.
And besides that crounchy sound is addicting... "Once you pop, you can't stop!"
--
2004.12.29 23:33:40combatMining Pollution Cloud hits you, doing 140.0 damage. |

Darko1107
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 11:19:00 -
[29]
Any1 who actaully pays up no matter how expensive the ship is is a dumarse.
They arent just guna let you go once you pay, they will just kill u anyway, at least, thats definatly what i would do if i was a pirate.
|

Darko1107
|
Posted - 2004.08.21 11:19:00 -
[30]
Any1 who actaully pays up no matter how expensive the ship is is a dumarse.
They arent just guna let you go once you pay, they will just kill u anyway, at least, thats definatly what i would do if i was a pirate.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |