| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Rick Ambramotte
Ambramotte Mercendustrial Corporation
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.02 20:02:00 -
[1] - Quote
I just recently started up a new corporation...Yes, I am the only member right now but I am trying to focus this maybe towards new players and build the corporation up from there. I have a station and hangar already setup and established in a High sec system. I would like to get a couple more experienced players in this as well. The other possibility that I am looking for is to create an Alliance with a corp and be the training /holding corp for theirs |

Velicitia
Open Designs
911
|
Posted - 2012.05.02 20:15:00 -
[2] - Quote
Head over to Corp/Alliance recruitment (that's where posts of this nature belong)...  |

Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient Electus Matari
282
|
Posted - 2012.05.02 20:45:00 -
[3] - Quote
Since this was posted on New Citizens Q&A, here are answers to the questions you should have asked:
Before setting up your own corporation, join an established one and see how they run things, to get some idea on what it entails and stuff. Preferably learn from several first.
In EVE, corporations geared for new players make little sense, as rookies and veterans can work meaningfully together. A newbie is pretty much always better off joining an established corporation that also welcomes and is willing to train newcomers than joining a newbie one. |

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
893
|
Posted - 2012.05.02 21:12:00 -
[4] - Quote
Pro tip: your thread screams of "someone please join my corporation to get into an easy position of trust then steal everything". Be careful.
Also, what Velicitia and Elsebeth said. Rifterlings - Small gang lowsec combat corp specializing in frigates and cruisers (all races, not just Rifters!). US Timezone veterans and newbies alike are welcome to join. Come chat in the "we fly rifters" in-game channel. Free fitted frigates for members! |

Rick Ambramotte
Ambramotte Mercendustrial Corporation
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.02 21:21:00 -
[5] - Quote
I work technical support for a game company permissions do not get given up easily. Trust isn't easily earned when I played on some past accounts I heard of such espionage
|

Rick Ambramotte
Ambramotte Mercendustrial Corporation
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.02 21:28:00 -
[6] - Quote
To and another previous post the reason I posted here is because I wanted to gear the corp towards newer members. I know that I probably might of crossed that line. If it happens to get removed by moderation it won't hurt me that much and I am not going to spam the Forums. I do appreciate you guys looking out for me though |

Velicitia
Open Designs
913
|
Posted - 2012.05.03 12:27:00 -
[7] - Quote
Rick Ambramotte wrote:To and another previous post the reason I posted here is because I wanted to gear the corp towards newer members. I know that I probably might of crossed that line. If it happens to get removed by moderation it won't hurt me that much and I am not going to spam the Forums. I do appreciate you guys looking out for me though
Easiest way to catch newbies is to hang around the rookie systems... and then give them the link to your ad. Alternatively, if you're gonna be posting in this area for a wile, put the link in your sig.
TBH, the mods will probably just move it (you can report your OP and ask that it be moved to the right place)
That said, if you don't have any experience in EVE corps yet (I haven't checked your employment history...), you should really start in someone else's corp to see how things play out... |

mxzf
Shovel Bros
1498
|
Posted - 2012.05.03 13:51:00 -
[8] - Quote
Velicitia wrote:That said, if you don't have any experience in EVE corps yet (I haven't checked your employment history...), you should really start in someone else's corp to see how things play out...
This. Corps in Eve are nothing like the guilds and other player groups in other MMO games. Corps in Eve have real meaning and are both a benefit and a danger to you. Until you understand what a corp really means and the dangers that come along with it, you're probably better off joining a newbie-friendly corp. |

Lyric Lahnder
Noir. Noir. Mercenary Group
34
|
Posted - 2012.05.03 14:56:00 -
[9] - Quote
Get anchoring you can also Anchor secure containers with catchy phrases to advertise your corp. Place these on the trade lanes between amar in jita to increase in game traffic. You could also place them near the noobie systems as well.
Do you have a Vent or Teamspeak or mumble set up? Yes you can use the in game voice client, but mainly only incursion people use them. Most people in eve have been using out of game voice clients and can use Teamspeak to api verify people to control spies. They are set in there ways.
Most formal corporations have a preferred voice client.
Do you have an out of game forum established? You can have an in game forum but once again, out of game forums are more easily controlled and if you dont have a website can be the face of your organization. Despite having an in game calendar there are still many established corps that use there forums more aggressively for out of game organization then what is provided by eve gate. Doesn't mean you shouldn't use it as well, just means if you want people to take you seriously you should use both in tandem.
Do you have a website? The website could be the business card of your corporation, even if its a single page that points to your forums and has news updates for the corps and some links that could be enough.
Make a video. Video sells. Even if its just your character portrait and audio of you introducing yourself plugging the corp and explaining your mission statement for the corp it could work wonders.
If you want your corp to succeed these are some things you should look into.
Good Luck. Noir. and Noir Academy are recruiting apply at www.noirmercs.comI Noir Academy: 60 days old must be able to fly at least one tech II frigate. I Noir. Recruits: 4:1 k/d ratio and can fly tech II cruisers. |

Rick Ambramotte
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 00:33:00 -
[10] - Quote
Lyric Lahnder Thank you for the information it has provided to be helpful as there were somethings that I didn't know that helped. I do have vent and know it is preferred in the game right now I also like its set up
Check out the newest and best Corp on the block. We are gearing towards new members at the moment and are looking for dedicated and more experienced players for leadership positions https://gate.eveonline.com/Corporation/Ambramotte%20Mercendustrial%20Corporation |

Rick Ambramotte
The Scope Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 01:08:00 -
[11] - Quote
Sorry if I am quick with my responses I am on here at work. Check out the newest and best Corp on the block. We are gearing towards new members at the moment and are looking for dedicated and more experienced players for leadership positions https://gate.eveonline.com/Corporation/Ambramotte%20Mercendustrial%20Corporation |

Mewley
Viziam Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 14:14:00 -
[12] - Quote
"Mercendustrial"? surely "Mercindustrial" would make more sense?
The generally accepted view is that running a corporation requires a lot of eve knowledge, experience and dedication. ITs not really going to be successful if you dont have that knowledge and experience. The way to learn is to join other corporations first. |

Maximus Hashur
Operation Neo-Tokyo
3
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 14:40:00 -
[13] - Quote
Are you experienced in PvP? Have you setup and run a POS with manfacturing? Or manufactured from stations? What industry are you getting into? |

J'Poll
Pioneer's of the Galantic Wars Side Effect.
181
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 15:24:00 -
[14] - Quote
And he already has given up on his corp and closed it.
Typical person who doesn't know how to run a corp and tries but fails. Inject your skillbook before you leave the station. Neo didnGÇÖt learn Kung-Fu by having it sit in his usb drive.-á If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, poke it with your gun and then shoot it. We are not running, we are advancing in the opposite direction |

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
917
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 15:28:00 -
[15] - Quote
J'Poll wrote:And he already has given up on his corp and closed it.
Typical person who doesn't know how to run a corp and tries but fails. I have no idea how to run a corp, but I don't think I'm doing that badly. I've got almost 20 members, practically a null-sec power bloc there. Rifterlings - Small gang lowsec combat corp specializing in frigates and cruisers (all races, not just Rifters!). US Timezone veterans and newbies alike are welcome to join. Come chat in the "we fly rifters" in-game channel. Free fitted frigates for members! |

Lost Greybeard
Fenrir's Dogs of War Union 0f Revolution
52
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 16:16:00 -
[16] - Quote
Petrus Blackshell wrote:J'Poll wrote:And he already has given up on his corp and closed it.
Typical person who doesn't know how to run a corp and tries but fails. I have no idea how to run a corp, but I don't think I'm doing that badly. I've got almost 20 members, practically a null-sec power bloc there.
Bit off-topic, but I thought from your sig you were low, not null. |

Liam Mirren
512
|
Posted - 2012.05.04 16:18:00 -
[17] - Quote
Lost Greybeard wrote:Petrus Blackshell wrote:J'Poll wrote:And he already has given up on his corp and closed it.
Typical person who doesn't know how to run a corp and tries but fails. I have no idea how to run a corp, but I don't think I'm doing that badly. I've got almost 20 members, practically a null-sec power bloc there. Bit off-topic, but I thought from your sig you were low, not null.
Let me help you.
Also, I'm going to assume he closed the corp because it had a nasty typo in it. Either way, this is not the forum to recruit, even if it's somewhat disguised as a question.
Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.
My guides: http://mirren.freeforums.org |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |