| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.04.15 00:05:00 -
[1]
A few people evemailed me to ask if I was running for CSM again.
I am.
My Platform: Same as previously, to make CSM work, better communication between the players and CCP (and vice versa), and generally to have an open mind about most things.
I have no specific changes I wish to champion, no radical ideas to get the FOTM vote, just a consistent vision of what 'EVE' is and how to get the game to that state fixing both current issues and with new expansions.
What do I offer: almost 6 years of retail playing (plus a bit of beta), previous experience on the CSM (Alternate of CSM 1 and Secretary of CSM 2.0), and generally the ability to abuse CCP in a way that seems nice.
I am also willing to teach any goonswarm members how to tie their shoelaces if they ask (Hi Darius). My rate is 100mil isk per shoe.
Any questions, please ask and I will attempt to answer them? ----------------------
My Blog |

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.04.15 08:44:00 -
[2]
i made a video to introduce myself. Unfortunately for Ankhe, there is no Mini Cooper involved. Fortunately for everyone tho - I'll be answering all questions posed to me via movies :) ----------------------
My Blog |

Vuk Lau
4S Corporation Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2009.04.16 14:44:00 -
[3]
Great guy, Gallente aswell, was pleasure working with him.
I still have hot memories of our webcam sessions during meetings with CCP.
I hope we will work together in CSM 3.0
|

Ankhesentapemkah
Gallente State Protectorate
|
Posted - 2009.04.16 14:53:00 -
[4]
Omber did a great job as secretary! ---
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.04.16 16:38:00 -
[5]
what do you mean DID? I'm still doing  ----------------------
My Blog |

Treelox
Amarr Seppuku Warriors
|
Posted - 2009.04.17 10:04:00 -
[6]
I approve of this blue product
p.s. Ozzie, I wish to have hawt sweaty hairy man love with you and raise you babies.
p.s.s. Think I went to far with that last one? --
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.04.17 13:14:00 -
[7]
possibly tree, but it may get me the ***** vote  ----------------------
My Blog |

Zargyl
Black Thorne Corporation Black Thorne Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.04.28 10:42:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Omber Zombie i made a video to introduce myself.
Sorry to intrude, but somehow that link is not working 
|

Venkul Mul
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.04.28 11:34:00 -
[9]
I will vote you. You did and are doing a good work as a Secretary and anyone doing that merit a life sentence as Secretary. 
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.04.28 11:40:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Zargyl
Originally by: Omber Zombie i made a video to introduce myself.
Sorry to intrude, but somehow that link is not working 
their website was down for maintenance - here's a working link ----------------------
My Blog |

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.04.28 11:41:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Venkul Mul I will vote you. You did and are doing a good work as a Secretary and anyone doing that merit a life sentence as Secretary. 
hell no  ----------------------
My Blog |

Venkul Mul
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.04.28 21:51:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Omber Zombie
Originally by: Venkul Mul I will vote you. You did and are doing a good work as a Secretary and anyone doing that merit a life sentence as Secretary. 
hell no 
You should suffer the consequences of your actions.
No good action will go unpunished.
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.04.30 05:33:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Venkul Mul
Originally by: Omber Zombie
Originally by: Venkul Mul I will vote you. You did and are doing a good work as a Secretary and anyone doing that merit a life sentence as Secretary. 
hell no 
You should suffer the consequences of your actions.
No good action will go unpunished.
*starts setting disabled children on fire*
does that get me out of it? ----------------------
My Blog |

LaVista Vista
Conservative Shenanigans Party
|
Posted - 2009.04.30 05:50:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Omber Zombie
*starts setting disabled children on fire*
does that get me out of it?
No. Now you have to be secretary for the rest of your life and an extra term for every child you set on fire. 
|

Selina Candor
Chernobyl Trading Corporation
|
Posted - 2009.04.30 17:33:00 -
[15]
A vote for Omber is a vote for great CSM secretarial work. 
|

Treelox
Amarr Seppuku Warriors
|
Posted - 2009.05.10 01:51:00 -
[16]
what are your feelings on the t3 "problem"?
what are your feelings on the re-writting of Eve canon?
p.s. bump, you had slipped to the 2nd page ozzie :( --
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.10 03:35:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Treelox what are your feelings on the t3 "problem"?
Ahh, Akita, as much subtlety as an atomic bomb My thoughts on the 'problem' is that t3 production was introduced pre-nerfed much like all new content brought in over the last few years, but as far as I am aware, CCP are actually monitoring drop rates so they can tweak them over time to reach their desired level. I know they originally hoped for Strat's to be reasonably priced, but as someone in that thread pointed out, certain combinations are ridiculously powerful for ships of their size, so making them too cheap would create a similar problem with the capital proliferation in 0.0 and lowsec. Keeping all that in mind, I do think the Gas either needs it's m3 reduced so more can be shifted more easily or it's units/cycle time increased so that less time is spent cutting your wrists watching your ship mine. I am also aware that there seems to be a major bottleneck in the datacores needed, so the droprate for them should probably upped slightly too.
Basically, I'm willing to wait for CCP to adjust things slowly on t3 rather than go too extreme in any direction on it - making it easy and then nerfing it breaks the game just as much.
Quote: what are your feelings on the re-writting of Eve canon?
About bloody time  ----------------------
My Blog |

RedSplat
Heretic Army
|
Posted - 2009.05.10 19:16:00 -
[18]
Vote for this man.
Originally by: CCP Mitnal
I don't sleep. I am always here. Watching. Waiting.
Originally by: CCP Mitnal it does get progressively longer.
|

Extreme
Eye of God Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2009.05.11 21:59:00 -
[19]
OZ,a great secretary in CSM 2.0
He deserves another term in CSM 3.0 . .
|

Mira O'karr
Minmatar Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2009.05.12 09:37:00 -
[20]
whats your stance on the mwd+cloak situation, especially the gimping of recons and cov ops thats currently happening on sisi.
are you for or against any changes to this tactic/bug?
what are your ideas in regards to small gang impact on sovereinty?
is this is the wrong thread to ask stuff?
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.12 11:51:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Mira O'karr whats your stance on the mwd+cloak situation, especially the gimping of recons and cov ops thats currently happening on sisi. are you for or against any changes to this tactic/bug?
It's something that should have stopped a long time ago and finally is. CCP needs to figure out a better way to allow Coverts and Recons to do it tho.
Quote: what are your ideas in regards to small gang impact on sovereinty?
Under the current sov system - none. But as CCP are currently working on a new Sov system, I'll wait to see where they are heading and if it needs ideas for small gang combat then suggest as appropriate.
Quote:
is this is the wrong thread to ask stuff?
ask away ----------------------
My Blog |

Ray McCormack
hirr
|
Posted - 2009.05.12 14:21:00 -
[22]
I shall be voting for you despite that growth on your chin and inherent Gheyllenteness.
| Auction Prowler |

Ashaan Vatrox
Minmatar Federal European Industry Science and Research
|
Posted - 2009.05.12 18:41:00 -
[23]
Hello Omber, you have my votes anyway, but... What do you think about current volume limit on courier contracts? Also, do you think that standings made with social skills should count for broker's fee reduction?
Cheers!
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.13 00:00:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Ashaan Vatrox Hello Omber, you have my votes anyway, but... What do you think about current volume limit on courier contracts? Also, do you think that standings made with social skills should count for broker's fee reduction?
Cheers!
Back in January at the CSM/CCP meeting in Iceland, it was pretty much decided that the limit should be raised to the minimum freighter cargo size as that would be the least exploitable. Why this hasn't been implemented yet when CCP admitted it was a relatively easy solution to implement is beyond me - and it will come up for review in the 1st meeting of the 3rd CSM. All I can do is ask politely (while holding a large stick) why it hasn't happened.
Broker fee's are an interesting thing. I still have yet to see a concrete fomrula of how they are worked out. To me it makes more sense to use both actual standings, derived standings (skills) and trader volume to figure out the fees. It makes no sense to me to use a broker that refuses to give you a discount when you are pumping multiple billions of isk through his hands and you can choose to go elsewhere. Unfortunately those brokers have a monopoly, so you have no choice.
If at all possible, I would love to see players acting as brokers at some point in the future of the game, I think it would open up an entirely new way of playing the game for some people and add some much needed diversity to the game. Of course there is always the risk of that broker running off with your goods, but hey, this is eve  ----------------------
My Blog |

SentryRaven
KIA Corp KIA Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.05.13 06:44:00 -
[25]
While you are at contracts, can you please check out the "Revert Contracts" IDEA you already gave your support for? I'd love you long time.... ;) --------
EBANK Forum Manager | KIA Recruiting Director |

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.13 10:01:00 -
[26]
I already said I supported it 
also, just so eveyone knows as it doesn't seem to have filtered through yet - CSM 2.0 can't raise any more issues for discussion. our last meeting with CCP is this weekend and as issues need a minimum of 2 weeks lead time when sent to CCP, anything raised now won't/can't be discussed until CSM 3.0 starts. ----------------------
My Blog |

Extreme
Eye of God Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2009.05.15 00:26:00 -
[27]
I just voted for you OZ (Vuk has enough votes already)  . .
|

XnS dVd
Amarr Amarr Investment Group
|
Posted - 2009.05.16 16:26:00 -
[28]
Been voting for OZ for the last 3 terms, not stopping now. I am a boy, not till i have lived and died will i be a man. |

Claire Voyant
|
Posted - 2009.05.19 18:42:00 -
[29]
How do you feel about limiting the price increment on market orders, such as limiting all buy and sell orders to 3 or 4 significant digits? This would force traders to offer a significantly better price instead of just beating the old price by 0.01 isk.
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.19 23:35:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Claire Voyant How do you feel about limiting the price increment on market orders, such as limiting all buy and sell orders to 3 or 4 significant digits? This would force traders to offer a significantly better price instead of just beating the old price by 0.01 isk.
it would be a fairly stupid restriction considering most minerals fall below that number threshold. It's the same reason there isn't a % based limitation. Any limit you place on market prices will break at least a portion of the market, and the rest can be gamed. |

Claire Voyant
|
Posted - 2009.05.20 19:00:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Claire Voyant on 20/05/2009 19:18:02
Originally by: Omber Zombie
it would be a fairly stupid restriction considering most minerals fall below that number threshold. It's the same reason there isn't a % based limitation. Any limit you place on market prices will break at least a portion of the market, and the rest can be gamed.
I don't understand your response. Trit and Pyerite already trade at an effective 3 significant digit restriction and I don't think anyone is complaining about that. As I write this, there are 9 orders to sell trit at Jita 4M4 CNAP for 4.24 isk and they are all waiting patiently to fill those orders in a first-come-first-served order. Mex, Isogen, and Nocxium all trade under 100 isk, so they currently trade with an effective 4 significant digit limitation. The only minerals that would even be effected by a 4 digit limitation would be Zydrine, Magacyte, and Morphite.
Frankly, minerals would be the market least effected, so perhaps you misunderstood my proposal, in which case I would be happy to explain further. If not, I can't make any sense out of your response and I would appreciate it if you could explain what you mean.
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.21 04:18:00 -
[32]
sorry, I though you meant whole numbers rather than actual digits. In this case, I obviously don't get what you're trying to ask as it doesn't seem to make any sense. ----------------------
My Blog |

Semper Spero
IMR Corporation
|
Posted - 2009.05.21 05:46:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Semper Spero on 21/05/2009 05:46:16 Hi OZ,
will you continue to push for resolution for this issue?
S&I Interface Improvements
Thx
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.21 07:55:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Semper Spero Edited by: Semper Spero on 21/05/2009 05:46:16 Hi OZ,
will you continue to push for resolution for this issue?
S&I Interface Improvements
Thx
most definitely, along with any other ways of simplifying what is an unnecessarily complex and time consuming UI. ----------------------
My Blog |

Treelox
Amarr Seppuku Warriors
|
Posted - 2009.05.21 08:27:00 -
[35]
I have used the ball gag that you gave me years ago, to force my minions to vote for you. For the sake of a good laugh, here is that image once again, ofc them damm ebil mods (love ya mitnal) will purge it soon enough :(
--
|

Claire Voyant
|
Posted - 2009.05.21 13:33:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Omber Zombie sorry, I though you meant whole numbers rather than actual digits. In this case, I obviously don't get what you're trying to ask as it doesn't seem to make any sense.
Sorry, I will try to explain it better. This is an attempt to make the Eve market system more like a real-life exchange trading system where there are predefined minimum bid increments. For example, if you wish to buy a crude oil futures contract, you will either have to outbid the existing buyers by at least $10 per contract or wait for all their buy orders to be filled before yours will be filled.
Since the eve market trades everything from minerals at 4 isk per unit to ships up to a billion isk or more, the problem is how to implement such a minimum bid increment. My proposal is probably the simplest implementation. When entering the price for a buy or sell order, you will be restricted to the number of significant digits you can enter. You will still be free to add as many zeros as you wish or place the decimal point where you want (except that you still can't have any increment smaller than 0.01 isk.)
For example, valid prices for a Raven would be 85.65 million, 85.66 million, 85.67 million, etc. under a 4 significant digit restriction. What happens when you enter an invalid price would be up to the developers, but they could either round it or truncate it or reject it altogether. I personally feel a 3 significant digit restriction would be feasible but probably hard to sell to most players, so a 4 digit implementation seems like the most painless way to get this in place.
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.21 15:53:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Claire Voyant
Sorry, I will try to explain it better. This is an attempt to make the Eve market system more like a real-life exchange trading system where there are predefined minimum bid increments. For example, if you wish to buy a crude oil futures contract, you will either have to outbid the existing buyers by at least $10 per contract or wait for all their buy orders to be filled before yours will be filled.
Since the eve market trades everything from minerals at 4 isk per unit to ships up to a billion isk or more, the problem is how to implement such a minimum bid increment. My proposal is probably the simplest implementation. When entering the price for a buy or sell order, you will be restricted to the number of significant digits you can enter. You will still be free to add as many zeros as you wish or place the decimal point where you want (except that you still can't have any increment smaller than 0.01 isk.)
For example, valid prices for a Raven would be 85.65 million, 85.66 million, 85.67 million, etc. under a 4 significant digit restriction. What happens when you enter an invalid price would be up to the developers, but they could either round it or truncate it or reject it altogether. I personally feel a 3 significant digit restriction would be feasible but probably hard to sell to most players, so a 4 digit implementation seems like the most painless way to get this in place.
I guess my answer to that is why would you want to limit the market? I understand the frustration of .01isk undercutting, but this type of limitation would imho do more harm than good. The eve market isn't a trade exchange, it's like walking into a local market and haggling with the vendors. One of eve's best features is it's open market - unless I can get some very very good arguments as to how such a system would improve the market, I can't say I would vote for it, let alone raise or champion it. ----------------------
My Blog |

Claire Voyant
|
Posted - 2009.05.21 16:14:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Omber Zombie
I guess my answer to that is why would you want to limit the market? I understand the frustration of .01isk undercutting, but this type of limitation would imho do more harm than good. The eve market isn't a trade exchange, it's like walking into a local market and haggling with the vendors. One of eve's best features is it's open market - unless I can get some very very good arguments as to how such a system would improve the market, I can't say I would vote for it, let alone raise or champion it.
As a matter of fact, the eve market IS a trade exchange and it ISN'T like your local market. The market system is set up to automatically execute trades with the "best" matching order which is what makes it an exchange. The contract system is more like the local market because you choose which seller you want to deal with.
|

Kai Lae
Gallente Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2009.05.23 08:08:00 -
[39]
This person has my endorsement :)
Known OZ since the big blue days, and you can always count on him to think things through and keep a level head.
|

Jotobar
|
Posted - 2009.05.24 11:58:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Jotobar on 24/05/2009 12:01:09
Originally by: Omber Zombie I guess my answer to that is why would you want to limit the market?
It would free the market not limit it.
the entire trade system, especially in hubs, revolves around who updates enough orders often enough, Not supply and demand. Using 3-4 significant digits for bid increments would effectively over time make all markets converge to supply and demand and traders would have to make decisions and market moves instead of repeating their intention. This would be a good thing for you and the community because:
a) It would make trading more about brains than time which would be more fun. b) It would get rid of every single trade bot in the game or put them at an serious disadvantage (a good example of this would be to check out the markets and bot activity in hubs where there's already an automatic 3-4 significant digits limit, like veldspar or trit in jita) c) It would net you alot of the traders votes. d) It would be one of the biggest changes you could hope to get through. e) More research and thinking and less brainless updating every 5 minutes means less server lag for all, this benifit would make the issue alot easier to champion and get response in.
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.24 17:02:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Jotobar
c) It would net you alot of the traders votes. d) It would be one of the biggest changes you could hope to get through.
those 2 reasons are not good reasons. I don't do things to 'get more votes' or because 'they will get through', I do things because they make the game better. The other reasons are fair enough and worth looking into. ----------------------
My Blog |

Aredin
|
Posted - 2009.05.24 17:32:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Omber Zombie
those 2 reasons are not good reasons. I don't do things to 'get more votes' or because 'they will get through', I do things because they make the game better. The other reasons are fair enough and worth looking into.
I can get behind this sort of ideology. Voted x2.
|

Maxwell Terallis
|
Posted - 2009.05.25 00:39:00 -
[43]
Hi Omber,
What is your stance on aggression flags for salvaging wrecks?
|

Omber Zombie
Gallente Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2009.05.25 02:31:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Maxwell Terallis Hi Omber, What is your stance on aggression flags for salvaging wrecks?
I should go find my exact quote from the minutes this was discussed in, but in general my idea was to have time limited flags for both the corp of the people who owned the original ship destroyed and the corp of the people that destroyed it, something like 5 minutes. Whoever salvaged/looted it first got the stuff. After that time limit expired, the wreck became available to everyone to loot/salvage. ----------------------
My Blog |

Ji Sama
Caldari Tash-Murkon Prime Industries
|
Posted - 2009.05.25 07:32:00 -
[45]
I vote Omber Zombie; Becuase of Falcon
Quote:
"Lecherito on Market Discussion: Though I have to go down on the record as saying that I'm convinced the majority of the MD community is ******ed"
|

Treelox
Amarr Seppuku Warriors
|
Posted - 2009.06.04 09:36:00 -
[46]
belated congratz Ozzie on another term
....now we just need to figure out how to smuggle you into the council for a 3rd term  --
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |