| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Exarch
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 02:26:00 -
[31]
Personally i would like to see them add like gold and plantinum accounts, where you could train 2 or all characters for a slightly higher fee instead of buying more accounts.
Since you couldnt log in with more then 1 character this way it would not worsen server load, and they would make nothing but $$.
|

Exarch
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 02:26:00 -
[32]
Personally i would like to see them add like gold and plantinum accounts, where you could train 2 or all characters for a slightly higher fee instead of buying more accounts.
Since you couldnt log in with more then 1 character this way it would not worsen server load, and they would make nothing but $$.
|

Demiurge Ialdaboth
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 03:59:00 -
[33]
What has to be considered is the fact that this is wide open to abuse.
A cheaper second account? Sure, my friend plays, I'll just mooch off his primary account.
Platinium? Sure I'll just run a character off his account and pay the extra.
I believe this has been suggested before and rejected... |

Demiurge Ialdaboth
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 03:59:00 -
[34]
What has to be considered is the fact that this is wide open to abuse.
A cheaper second account? Sure, my friend plays, I'll just mooch off his primary account.
Platinium? Sure I'll just run a character off his account and pay the extra.
I believe this has been suggested before and rejected... |

Claire Scott
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 04:01:00 -
[35]
signed
half price for second accounts might make them more money. I would pay for a second account at half price, but not full.
-E
If you're not running with the pack, you're prey . . . |

Claire Scott
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 04:01:00 -
[36]
signed
half price for second accounts might make them more money. I would pay for a second account at half price, but not full.
-E
If you're not running with the pack, you're prey . . . |

Krauss
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 06:21:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Demiurge Ialdaboth What has to be considered is the fact that this is wide open to abuse.
A cheaper second account? Sure, my friend plays, I'll just mooch off his primary account.
Platinium? Sure I'll just run a character off his account and pay the extra.
I believe this has been suggested before and rejected...
I agree. I mean, this is already a pretty cheap form of entertainment. My cable bill is way higher, and i rarely watch it. I sure wouldnt take 15 bucks a month to hear everybody moan about this or that. And petition the crap outta me for whatever reason.
I mean, if you can afford the second account, is getting a discount gonna really make the difference? Im sorry, but if my budget was that tight, I'd quite playing altogether. You never know, you might need to buy some gas, or something to eat, or whatever you can do with 5 or 6 bucks.
|

Krauss
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 06:21:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Demiurge Ialdaboth What has to be considered is the fact that this is wide open to abuse.
A cheaper second account? Sure, my friend plays, I'll just mooch off his primary account.
Platinium? Sure I'll just run a character off his account and pay the extra.
I believe this has been suggested before and rejected...
I agree. I mean, this is already a pretty cheap form of entertainment. My cable bill is way higher, and i rarely watch it. I sure wouldnt take 15 bucks a month to hear everybody moan about this or that. And petition the crap outta me for whatever reason.
I mean, if you can afford the second account, is getting a discount gonna really make the difference? Im sorry, but if my budget was that tight, I'd quite playing altogether. You never know, you might need to buy some gas, or something to eat, or whatever you can do with 5 or 6 bucks.
|

Danny V
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 09:04:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Danny V on 30/08/2004 09:07:06
Originally by: Demiurge Ialdaboth What has to be considered is the fact that this is wide open to abuse.
A cheaper second account? Sure, my friend plays, I'll just mooch off his primary account.
Platinium? Sure I'll just run a character off his account and pay the extra.
I believe this has been suggested before and rejected...
Valid point. However, if you are paying for the 2nd account with the same credit card, in reality, how many people are actually gonna be able to know someone well enough that the person will let them use their credit card?
The answer to that question, in my eyes, is not as many as the people who will get 2nd accounts because of the discount.
|

Danny V
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 09:04:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Danny V on 30/08/2004 09:07:06
Originally by: Demiurge Ialdaboth What has to be considered is the fact that this is wide open to abuse.
A cheaper second account? Sure, my friend plays, I'll just mooch off his primary account.
Platinium? Sure I'll just run a character off his account and pay the extra.
I believe this has been suggested before and rejected...
Valid point. However, if you are paying for the 2nd account with the same credit card, in reality, how many people are actually gonna be able to know someone well enough that the person will let them use their credit card?
The answer to that question, in my eyes, is not as many as the people who will get 2nd accounts because of the discount.
|

kieron
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 18:36:00 -
[41]
Reduced pricing for secondary accounts has been the topic of discussion at CCP. It is something we are looking into, but after Shiva's release. I am not sure of the exact pricing or rate schedule, but the thought is a significantly reduced price if the subscriptions are paid for in 6 month blocks.
As more information is available,it will be posted.
kieron Community Manager, EVE Online
|

kieron
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 18:36:00 -
[42]
Reduced pricing for secondary accounts has been the topic of discussion at CCP. It is something we are looking into, but after Shiva's release. I am not sure of the exact pricing or rate schedule, but the thought is a significantly reduced price if the subscriptions are paid for in 6 month blocks.
As more information is available,it will be posted.
kieron Community Manager, EVE Online
|

Koris
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 20:35:00 -
[43]
Verifying student enrollment is the key with something like this.
|

Koris
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 20:35:00 -
[44]
Verifying student enrollment is the key with something like this.
|

Greenhalf
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 23:08:00 -
[45]
Why should students be the only ones to benefit, like the man said if you need money get a job, and be less of a drain on society.
But i do agree there should be a discount on a second account.
|

Greenhalf
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 23:08:00 -
[46]
Why should students be the only ones to benefit, like the man said if you need money get a job, and be less of a drain on society.
But i do agree there should be a discount on a second account.
|

Solan
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 23:29:00 -
[47]
Thanks for the reply. I'll be getting a second account once they become discounted.
|

Solan
|
Posted - 2004.08.30 23:29:00 -
[48]
Thanks for the reply. I'll be getting a second account once they become discounted.
|

Malv
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 00:05:00 -
[49]
Edited by: Malv on 31/08/2004 00:10:35 Why do you guys need more than one account, so you can have an unfair advantage over other players? This is why onling gaming sucks, people that will use any means to get ahead other than good old-fashioned skill.
Where do you draw the line... When some rich guy has 15 accounts and puts them in a 0.0 and mines 150 mil an hour? Geezus frigging christ. Here I am wasting my time with one account *thinking* that my skill as a gamer would get me ahead and allow me to compete with everyone else. Nope. I've decided that playing this game is pointless. No new month for me.
|

Malv
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 00:05:00 -
[50]
Edited by: Malv on 31/08/2004 00:10:35 Why do you guys need more than one account, so you can have an unfair advantage over other players? This is why onling gaming sucks, people that will use any means to get ahead other than good old-fashioned skill.
Where do you draw the line... When some rich guy has 15 accounts and puts them in a 0.0 and mines 150 mil an hour? Geezus frigging christ. Here I am wasting my time with one account *thinking* that my skill as a gamer would get me ahead and allow me to compete with everyone else. Nope. I've decided that playing this game is pointless. No new month for me.
|

Xtreem
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 00:32:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Exarch Personally i would like to see them add like gold and plantinum accounts, where you could train 2 or all characters for a slightly higher fee instead of buying more accounts.
Since you couldnt log in with more then 1 character this way it would not worsen server load, and they would make nothing but $$.
i think thats a very good idea!
|

Xtreem
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 00:32:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Exarch Personally i would like to see them add like gold and plantinum accounts, where you could train 2 or all characters for a slightly higher fee instead of buying more accounts.
Since you couldnt log in with more then 1 character this way it would not worsen server load, and they would make nothing but $$.
i think thats a very good idea!
|

woodman az
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 03:12:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Xtreem
Originally by: Exarch Personally i would like to see them add like gold and plantinum accounts, where you could train 2 or all characters for a slightly higher fee instead of buying more accounts.
Since you couldnt log in with more then 1 character this way it would not worsen server load, and they would make nothing but $$.
i think thats a very good idea!
I like this ideal too. Can't see why I should have 2 accounts since there is nothing like power leveling in this game or "forming up" for battle. I would like to train my minner and warrior at the same time though. looks like after 3 months of training my warrior is ready for a BS but my miner hasn't been out of the hangar in at least 2 months.
|

woodman az
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 03:12:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Xtreem
Originally by: Exarch Personally i would like to see them add like gold and plantinum accounts, where you could train 2 or all characters for a slightly higher fee instead of buying more accounts.
Since you couldnt log in with more then 1 character this way it would not worsen server load, and they would make nothing but $$.
i think thats a very good idea!
I like this ideal too. Can't see why I should have 2 accounts since there is nothing like power leveling in this game or "forming up" for battle. I would like to train my minner and warrior at the same time though. looks like after 3 months of training my warrior is ready for a BS but my miner hasn't been out of the hangar in at least 2 months.
|

Pudface
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 04:44:00 -
[55]
Originally by: kieron Reduced pricing for secondary accounts has been the topic of discussion at CCP. It is something we are looking into, but after Shiva's release. I am not sure of the exact pricing or rate schedule, but the thought is a significantly reduced price if the subscriptions are paid for in 6 month blocks.
As more information is available,it will be posted.
If it ever happens Can those with more than one account already take advantage (not after refunds just possible future benifits)
And yes im unemployed But I am looking for work
|

Pudface
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 04:44:00 -
[56]
Originally by: kieron Reduced pricing for secondary accounts has been the topic of discussion at CCP. It is something we are looking into, but after Shiva's release. I am not sure of the exact pricing or rate schedule, but the thought is a significantly reduced price if the subscriptions are paid for in 6 month blocks.
As more information is available,it will be posted.
If it ever happens Can those with more than one account already take advantage (not after refunds just possible future benifits)
And yes im unemployed But I am looking for work
|

Solan
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 05:01:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Malv Edited by: Malv on 31/08/2004 00:10:35 Why do you guys need more than one account, so you can have an unfair advantage over other players? This is why onling gaming sucks, people that will use any means to get ahead other than good old-fashioned skill.
Where do you draw the line... When some rich guy has 15 accounts and puts them in a 0.0 and mines 150 mil an hour? Geezus frigging christ. Here I am wasting my time with one account *thinking* that my skill as a gamer would get me ahead and allow me to compete with everyone else. Nope. I've decided that playing this game is pointless. No new month for me.
I am sorry you feel that way Malv. The reason I would like a second account is so that I can dedicate training onto two different paths. I want to be a great miner and a great PvPer. Those are the two things I like doing. Well I don't really enjoy mining, but I like it as a form of income. The problem lies in the fact that I can't do both extremely well. I can only do them alright. With two accounts I could finally have a player who could utilize all the amazing T2 ships that EVE now has to offer.
-Solan
|

Solan
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 05:01:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Malv Edited by: Malv on 31/08/2004 00:10:35 Why do you guys need more than one account, so you can have an unfair advantage over other players? This is why onling gaming sucks, people that will use any means to get ahead other than good old-fashioned skill.
Where do you draw the line... When some rich guy has 15 accounts and puts them in a 0.0 and mines 150 mil an hour? Geezus frigging christ. Here I am wasting my time with one account *thinking* that my skill as a gamer would get me ahead and allow me to compete with everyone else. Nope. I've decided that playing this game is pointless. No new month for me.
I am sorry you feel that way Malv. The reason I would like a second account is so that I can dedicate training onto two different paths. I want to be a great miner and a great PvPer. Those are the two things I like doing. Well I don't really enjoy mining, but I like it as a form of income. The problem lies in the fact that I can't do both extremely well. I can only do them alright. With two accounts I could finally have a player who could utilize all the amazing T2 ships that EVE now has to offer.
-Solan
|

Barth3zzzNL
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 08:48:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Malv Edited by: Malv on 31/08/2004 00:10:35 Why do you guys need more than one account, so you can have an unfair advantage over other players? This is why onling gaming sucks, people that will use any means to get ahead other than good old-fashioned skill.
Where do you draw the line... When some rich guy has 15 accounts and puts them in a 0.0 and mines 150 mil an hour? Geezus frigging christ. Here I am wasting my time with one account *thinking* that my skill as a gamer would get me ahead and allow me to compete with everyone else. Nope. I've decided that playing this game is pointless. No new month for me.
Sucks to be you, can i have your stuff and would you like some cheese with that?
2 accounts are handy for many things; 1 Combat and 1 Mining account. 1 Pirate and 1 Carebear account. Someone to talk to when all your "friends" have blocked you. Someone to test weapons on.
Also, 15 accounts would be 225$ a month + atleast 7 computers and a huge internet connection. Not to mention 1 person cant actually manage all these at once in 0.0. ---------------------------
[Coreli Corporation Mainframe] |

Barth3zzzNL
|
Posted - 2004.08.31 08:48:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Malv Edited by: Malv on 31/08/2004 00:10:35 Why do you guys need more than one account, so you can have an unfair advantage over other players? This is why onling gaming sucks, people that will use any means to get ahead other than good old-fashioned skill.
Where do you draw the line... When some rich guy has 15 accounts and puts them in a 0.0 and mines 150 mil an hour? Geezus frigging christ. Here I am wasting my time with one account *thinking* that my skill as a gamer would get me ahead and allow me to compete with everyone else. Nope. I've decided that playing this game is pointless. No new month for me.
Sucks to be you, can i have your stuff and would you like some cheese with that?
2 accounts are handy for many things; 1 Combat and 1 Mining account. 1 Pirate and 1 Carebear account. Someone to talk to when all your "friends" have blocked you. Someone to test weapons on.
Also, 15 accounts would be 225$ a month + atleast 7 computers and a huge internet connection. Not to mention 1 person cant actually manage all these at once in 0.0. ---------------------------
[Coreli Corporation Mainframe] |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |