| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Raivn Akhama
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:16:00 -
[1]
I hope so. It's bad enough to have muthertrcuker074 and CapnGalaxy as your space neighbors, but there at least you can close your eyes, hang on to the wheel and listen to Red Gathering Dust, and you may forget the idiots after a while. But what about stations? I can already see "Milkhouse's House," "Saoron's Big Tower" and "Four Seasons Hotel" dotting the landscape. This is offensive to anyone trying to role-play and disrupts any semblance of style. God knows, EVE isn't exactly flowing with charm, variety or good writing as it is, the galaxy is all but empty, the plot is a sham, add the rest of the familiar and fair complaints. And now there will be wholly out-of-character cuckoo houses where you can't help but see them.  
|

Raivn Akhama
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:16:00 -
[2]
I hope so. It's bad enough to have muthertrcuker074 and CapnGalaxy as your space neighbors, but there at least you can close your eyes, hang on to the wheel and listen to Red Gathering Dust, and you may forget the idiots after a while. But what about stations? I can already see "Milkhouse's House," "Saoron's Big Tower" and "Four Seasons Hotel" dotting the landscape. This is offensive to anyone trying to role-play and disrupts any semblance of style. God knows, EVE isn't exactly flowing with charm, variety or good writing as it is, the galaxy is all but empty, the plot is a sham, add the rest of the familiar and fair complaints. And now there will be wholly out-of-character cuckoo houses where you can't help but see them.  
|

Thalanor
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:25:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Thalanor on 06/09/2004 21:27:33 i too wouldnt like to see stations with stupid names, but aside from a few translation errors, but as for no charm or story, the chronicles etc provide the perfect background setting for eve. ----------------------------------------------
|

Thalanor
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:25:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Thalanor on 06/09/2004 21:27:33 i too wouldnt like to see stations with stupid names, but aside from a few translation errors, but as for no charm or story, the chronicles etc provide the perfect background setting for eve. ----------------------------------------------
|

Etienne
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:27:00 -
[5]
I just wonder when the first people recognize the scamming potential as you can give them _any_ name  |

Etienne
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:27:00 -
[6]
I just wonder when the first people recognize the scamming potential as you can give them _any_ name  |

Band Zior
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:30:00 -
[7]
Hey, if you don't like the name then capture station and rename it.
Oh, you can't?
Then sit quiet while the big boys play their game. ---------- Richard Simmons in Space |

Band Zior
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:30:00 -
[8]
Hey, if you don't like the name then capture station and rename it.
Oh, you can't?
Then sit quiet while the big boys play their game. ---------- Richard Simmons in Space |

Ronyo Dae'Loki
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:33:00 -
[9]
I'm going to own my very own station. And it's going to be named "Ronyo's Taco Bell Franchise."
 ------------- My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants. I <3 ( . Y . ) |

Ronyo Dae'Loki
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 21:33:00 -
[10]
I'm going to own my very own station. And it's going to be named "Ronyo's Taco Bell Franchise."
 ------------- My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants. I <3 ( . Y . ) |

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 22:46:00 -
[11]
Most stations like corporations will have punny or downright crappy names.
Convert Stations
|

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 22:46:00 -
[12]
Most stations like corporations will have punny or downright crappy names.
Convert Stations
|

Xavier Arron
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 22:46:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Ronyo Dae'Loki I'm going to own my very own station. And it's going to be named "Ronyo's Taco Bell Franchise."

Exactly - whos says Taco bell wont still be around in the future 
Also I'll name my station what ever I bloody well like
|

Xavier Arron
|
Posted - 2004.09.06 22:46:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Ronyo Dae'Loki I'm going to own my very own station. And it's going to be named "Ronyo's Taco Bell Franchise."

Exactly - whos says Taco bell wont still be around in the future 
Also I'll name my station what ever I bloody well like
|

Thraxll
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 00:40:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Xavier Arron
Originally by: Ronyo Dae'Loki I'm going to own my very own station. And it's going to be named "Ronyo's Taco Bell Franchise."

Exactly - whos says Taco bell wont still be around in the future 
I wouldn't want to live in a future with no Taco Bell. 
"The long and short of it is that this game, or any game, is either going to be a kindergarten where it's safe and cuddly and secure and you can play with plush tigers, or it will be a harsh place, harsh but interesting and interesting because harsh, where you must take risks to succeed and so must everyone, since victory is tasteless without danger." - Raivn Akhama
|

Thraxll
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 00:40:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Xavier Arron
Originally by: Ronyo Dae'Loki I'm going to own my very own station. And it's going to be named "Ronyo's Taco Bell Franchise."

Exactly - whos says Taco bell wont still be around in the future 
I wouldn't want to live in a future with no Taco Bell. 
"The long and short of it is that this game, or any game, is either going to be a kindergarten where it's safe and cuddly and secure and you can play with plush tigers, or it will be a harsh place, harsh but interesting and interesting because harsh, where you must take risks to succeed and so must everyone, since victory is tasteless without danger." - Raivn Akhama
|

Davey Stomper
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 01:09:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Davey Stomper on 07/09/2004 01:10:46 "I went to Curse and all I got was this lousy station" is by far the best station name that I have ever laughed my ass off over :)
(it was one of those times SA took a station in mid curse in the middle of the night) |

Davey Stomper
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 01:09:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Davey Stomper on 07/09/2004 01:10:46 "I went to Curse and all I got was this lousy station" is by far the best station name that I have ever laughed my ass off over :)
(it was one of those times SA took a station in mid curse in the middle of the night) |

Omber Zombie
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 02:47:00 -
[19]
/me ponders the potential of Opening a chainf 'Omber Zombie's ***** Bar & Pawn Shop" shops.  ----------- "Remember people: Omber is the biggest evil ever created, DO NOT let it get to you!" Waagaa Ktlehr, BDCI
I have a blog
|

Omber Zombie
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 02:47:00 -
[20]
/me ponders the potential of Opening a chainf 'Omber Zombie's ***** Bar & Pawn Shop" shops.  ----------- "Remember people: Omber is the biggest evil ever created, DO NOT let it get to you!" Waagaa Ktlehr, BDCI
I have a blog
|

ActiveX
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 03:13:00 -
[21]
Chop Shop ____________ Sex / Rank 9 / SP: 1280 of 2304000 
|

ActiveX
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 03:13:00 -
[22]
Chop Shop ____________ Sex / Rank 9 / SP: 1280 of 2304000 
|

Jacob Vought
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 03:42:00 -
[23]
"Julio's House of Wang" or "Monument to Patches O'Houlihan" would be entertaining. Of course if you don't like them couldn't you just get your pals to do a drive-by and blow the joint; thus doing a little EVE space-tagger cleaning. Actually that would be quite entertaining to see a crusading bunch of individuals on a mission to rid EVE of it's MMO non-RPG miscreants. There could be some fun in doing that. Of course if you actually see a station named "Julio's House of Wang" then it will be surrounded by masses of turrets-o-doom.
[Julio = hoo-lee-oh]
|

Jacob Vought
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 03:42:00 -
[24]
"Julio's House of Wang" or "Monument to Patches O'Houlihan" would be entertaining. Of course if you don't like them couldn't you just get your pals to do a drive-by and blow the joint; thus doing a little EVE space-tagger cleaning. Actually that would be quite entertaining to see a crusading bunch of individuals on a mission to rid EVE of it's MMO non-RPG miscreants. There could be some fun in doing that. Of course if you actually see a station named "Julio's House of Wang" then it will be surrounded by masses of turrets-o-doom.
[Julio = hoo-lee-oh]
|

Astinius
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 04:48:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Astinius on 07/09/2004 04:49:36 CCP's devotion to promoting/supporting RP in this MMORPG is pathetic. Do not get your hopes up.
|

Astinius
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 04:48:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Astinius on 07/09/2004 04:49:36 CCP's devotion to promoting/supporting RP in this MMORPG is pathetic. Do not get your hopes up.
|

Raivn Akhama
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 06:43:00 -
[27]
I don't get them up, don't worry. Maybe CCP lusts after player numbers so much, anything goes with them... but then, I doubt players would burst into tears and quit if they were told they couldn't have characters with stupid names. Corporate thinking? Who knows.
And unfortunately there couldn't be any pro-RP crusaders, because a crusade of that sort would itself be anti-RP. After all, what in-game reason could we give? Although weeding out idiots is a holy cause in any setting. 
|

Raivn Akhama
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 06:43:00 -
[28]
I don't get them up, don't worry. Maybe CCP lusts after player numbers so much, anything goes with them... but then, I doubt players would burst into tears and quit if they were told they couldn't have characters with stupid names. Corporate thinking? Who knows.
And unfortunately there couldn't be any pro-RP crusaders, because a crusade of that sort would itself be anti-RP. After all, what in-game reason could we give? Although weeding out idiots is a holy cause in any setting. 
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 06:46:00 -
[29]
Wow, Raivn really has a high opinion of himself just because he "roleplays".
If you don't like a station name, attack it and make it yours.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.09.07 06:46:00 -
[30]
Wow, Raivn really has a high opinion of himself just because he "roleplays".
If you don't like a station name, attack it and make it yours.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |