| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Korrakas
Caldari Legion of Ascension Beyond Ascension
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 22:21:00 -
[31]
succesful troll is succesful, trolling Akita-San and otther regulars....
Originally by: CCP Mitnal I don't have holidays. I don't leave the forums unattended. I don't sleep. I am always here. Watching. Waiting.
|

RavenPaine
|
Posted - 2009.07.05 19:34:00 -
[32]
Skill training is actually one of the GOOD things about eve. It means the time you have put in here has a value . It means that some 3 month old player cant just come in and out do you because he had some friends set him up. It also means that you can speacialize in some area that will set you apart from other players . The skills are documentation that youve done all that you can do in a certain field of interest. Ive seen players with 100 million SP , yet I still have better engineering skills than them . I LIKE that . When I see a guy in a command ship , I know he has put in his time to fly it and I respect it. As far as the $15 a month goes....it works out to .50 cents a day for hours of entertainment in the comfort of my own home ... Its a hell of a good deal.
|

Chainsaw Plankton
IDLE GUNS IDLE EMPIRE
|
Posted - 2009.07.06 14:27:00 -
[33]
troollll!!!!
if he was serious he would have gone back to wow and not made a ****ty forum post.
|

Dex Allen
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2009.07.08 11:18:00 -
[34]
most important skill to learn: Grammar, at least on III.
|

Onomic
|
Posted - 2009.07.11 14:54:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Schayol Sunkeeper what most new players fail to understand that you a) don't need every skill to catch up to somebody, infact if you learned the must have skills you're propably only 30-60 days away from beeing very good ( as in pilot skills ) in flying a ship you pick.
and more important b) you got no leveling or gearing phase, like in most other mmos. given you only play 2-4 hours a day, how long does it take to level from 1-80 and obtain reasonable good epic gear for every slot in WoW ? because that's what you're pretty much getting when your skills allow you to fit t2 items. and if you don't start rushing to battleships you can see progress very fast.
80 with good epic will take maybe 6-9month compeard to this game where it will take years. it takes about 1 month to equip frig with good t2 items alone but then u skip everything that dont involve ur frig, crusier another month or 2 if u need to swap tank.
this game is slow no matter what u compear it to the positive thing is that you train afk while that is good if u hardly play the game its terrible if you put alot of time in it.
some ppl love it others hates it, i for 1 need to find another game that i can play while i wait for some skills
|

Kijo Rikki
Caldari Diminishing Dissent
|
Posted - 2009.07.11 15:30:00 -
[36]
I played WoW. I was a BC baby and I had fun while it lasted, but after 2 years I must have gotten bored. I was famous enough on my server, so much pink text to ignore.
Quote:
but on a different server they most likely wont, and definitely not if they play in another language/region.
thats the thing, EvE only has the one server.
EvE & WoW both have their pros and cons, and for me it becomes an issue of the ability to enjoy oneself solo. I used to love raiding and at one point might have been the best geared feral druid on my server, and I kinda liked POS-bashing and being in a 0.0 corp but then after a while it became annoying to be committed to a raid or a POS-bash (especially POS bashing, that takes way too long) and being in zerospace is a total commitment, well for me anyway, I did the ratting thing so I always had to be on my toes, no afking to talk to real people or watch tv, lol.
I know, I know its an mmo the point is to be social but im on a phone all day at work, thats social enough.  -------------------------------------------------- I has a drake! |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |