| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

fannyWGU
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 06:27:00 -
[1]
I like your game when i first started playing mate gave me trial then i purchased your game. I didnt mine training the skills 1 day to train skill i thought yeh that cool but now if i want to get interceptor i have to wait 12days 12 days omg to learn skill what r u thinkings wait i know the longer we make them train for skills the more money we can make?? I think u should be reasonable half this time 6 days i could understand but im not gona pay $15 for 30 days of time to know that ill be training a skill for 1/3 of this time. I was hopeing this game was gona help me quit wow but i guess not it more easy for me to lvl a character from 1 to 80 in wow then to get a ship upgrade. The rest of the game is awsome but there no chance for new players to catch up 2 people who started from the begining so i guess im just waste my time Thanx for the 2 months of fun back to wow i go later all.
|

Grarr Dexx
Amarr Corp 1 Allstars
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 06:34:00 -
[2]
I didn't even read but I can guess the gist of it: Oh my god why do skills train so slow, oh my god why can I only train one character per account, oh my god $15 for just training skills, I am quitting my 5 accounts and so are my friends, I am going back to world of warcraft.
Am I right? Please resize your signature to the maximum allowed of 400 x 120 pixels with a maximum file size of 24000 bytes. Zymurgist |

fannyWGU
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 06:39:00 -
[3]
haha only got 1 account been playing this game for like 25days and i dont wanna wait yonks to fly ships :(
|

Estel Arador
Minmatar Estel Arador Corp Services
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 06:41:00 -
[4]
If that's a problem, better quit now before wasting any more of your time.
Battleship V will take you a month, if you're lucky, and that isn't even the highest rank skill in the game.
FREE! jumpclone service: Forum thread|Podlog |

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 06:43:00 -
[5]
Yes, there IS a chance to catch up. It just takes a while. NO SINGLE PLAYER could possibly have maxed even a THIRD of the total skills in the game even if he started 6 years ago, and all skills "stop" at level 5. Whenever you fly an interceptor and you have all relevant skills at L5 (which, by the way, doesn't take THAT long) you're perfectly equal to a much older character flying the same ship. And by the way, there are plenty of very old characters that HAVEN'T maxed out all skill levels needed to fly any particular ship, and most people never even try, because training to L4 takes about a FIFTH of the time needed for L5 (and gives out 80% of the total advantage), and other than prerequisites that are needed to L5, people usually prefer to diversify (train a lot of L4s) rather than super-specialize.
Other than that, this is not an instant gratification game, and you don't NEED to fly an interceptor (or any T2 ship for that matter) to have fun. And if you're so hell-bent on getting a whole load of SP, check out the character bazaar, you can find characters with many million, maybe several dozen million SP for sale... and you can gain a lot of ISK really fast if you like it "the WOW way" and grind like a madman, so just buy one of those if you think SP is all that matters (hint : IT'S NOT).
EVE issues|Mining revamp|Build stuff|Make ISK |

Malcanis
Vanishing Point. The Initiative.
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 10:03:00 -
[6]
Originally by: *****WGU haha only got 1 account been playing this game for like 25days and i dont wanna wait yonks to fly ships :(
You wont have learned everything you need to know about flying Frigates in 12 days. And I mean you, not your character.
|

Jint Hikaru
Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 16:34:00 -
[7]
I think you better head back to WOW really... if you havent even been playing for a month and are complaining about a 12 day skill.....
Although I would love to read your post when you finally skill through that huge 12 day wait and then get your nice new Interceptor exploaded! 
I would ask for your stuff... but I am guessing that you haven't got much yet. ------------------------ Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager "I've got a couple of Strippers on my ship... and they just love to dance!" ------------------------ |

Gavin DeVries
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 18:09:00 -
[8]
Having recently finished Caldari Battleship 4, I looked in Evemon the other day to see how long it would take me to get into a Golem with Marauders IV and T2 torps: 152 days.
Yeah, I think the OP needs to either quit playing now or learn to adjust to the training times. ______________________________________________________ Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you? |

Ezoran DuBlaidd
Freedom From Fear Industries
|
Posted - 2009.07.01 19:53:00 -
[9]
Originally by: *****WGU I like your game when i first started playing mate gave me trial then i purchased your game. I didnt mine training the skills 1 day to train skill i thought yeh that cool but now if i want to get interceptor i have to wait 12days 12 days omg to learn skill what r u thinkings wait i know the longer we make them train for skills the more money we can make?? I think u should be reasonable half this time 6 days i could understand but im not gona pay $15 for 30 days of time to know that ill be training a skill for 1/3 of this time. I was hopeing this game was gona help me quit wow but i guess not it more easy for me to lvl a character from 1 to 80 in wow then to get a ship upgrade. The rest of the game is awsome but there no chance for new players to catch up 2 people who started from the begining so i guess im just waste my time Thanx for the 2 months of fun back to wow i go later all.
wtf over.
Originally by: Ricdic Ezoran is a dirty troll. Ezoran has been repoted to mods for trolling on this and many other threads As trolling continues Ezoran will continue to be reported If Ezoran persists then
|

ThaDollaGenerale
The Illuminati. Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 03:02:00 -
[10]
must be a troll
|

Schayol Sunkeeper
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 07:49:00 -
[11]
what most new players fail to understand that you a) don't need every skill to catch up to somebody, infact if you learned the must have skills you're propably only 30-60 days away from beeing very good ( as in pilot skills ) in flying a ship you pick.
and more important b) you got no leveling or gearing phase, like in most other mmos. given you only play 2-4 hours a day, how long does it take to level from 1-80 and obtain reasonable good epic gear for every slot in WoW ? because that's what you're pretty much getting when your skills allow you to fit t2 items. and if you don't start rushing to battleships you can see progress very fast.
|

thegallenteamarrguy
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 08:19:00 -
[12]
Go back to runescape and wow please.
|

Tetovo
Caldari Burning Technologies Circle-Of-Two
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 08:51:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Tetovo on 02/07/2009 08:50:47 Too bad. U mad?
|

Joseph Dredd
UK Corp Mostly Harmless
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 10:44:00 -
[14]
What I would do to have a skill to train that ONLY took 12 days to do 
|

Sir Zzang
Amarr
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 11:16:00 -
[15]
Go back to WoW~ _ :D! |

Elric Redeye
Ex Coelis
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 14:56:00 -
[16]
We need a few posts like this stickied for incoming WoW players. "Here's your likely whine. Don't bother repeating it." Either the skill system resonates with you or it doesn't.
I don't get why these folks don't enjoy actually playing the game with what they can fly from day one. I did/do. Juvenile need for instant gratification I guess.
|

Belmarduk
Amarr Imperial Shipment
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 15:31:00 -
[17]
Originally by: ThaDollaGenerale must be a troll
Yes - Smells like one
On the otherhand the statement about having posts like these stickied is a good idea. Allthough I think the best idea is that every new player must VERIFY he/she NEVER played wow or they will be flushed out of the next airlock (ingame and then account permabanned) 
Mainchar:
|

Bronnwynn
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 16:04:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Belmarduk
Originally by: ThaDollaGenerale must be a troll
Yes - Smells like one
On the otherhand the statement about having posts like these stickied is a good idea. Allthough I think the best idea is that every new player must VERIFY he/she NEVER played wow or they will be flushed out of the next airlock (ingame and then account permabanned) 
Hey, I played WoW. I even played it before I played EvE. I REGRET throwing several years of my life away, but..
|

S21 Duch
Assisted Genocide
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 21:09:00 -
[19]
I bet hey plays an alliance, most likely a mage and 100% sure its a gnome.
|

Kassa Daito
|
Posted - 2009.07.02 21:30:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Belmarduk
Originally by: ThaDollaGenerale must be a troll
Yes - Smells like one
On the otherhand the statement about having posts like these stickied is a good idea. Allthough I think the best idea is that every new player must VERIFY he/she NEVER played wow or they will be flushed out of the next airlock (ingame and then account permabanned) 
I played WoW and actually liked the game. It didn't have the depth to keep me interested and took up way too much of my time but I enjoyed it for a while, moved to EVE, played EVE for a few months, got tired of gate camping, and then moved back to WoW when TBC was released, and then eventually returned to EVE to give it a long-term shot on a new character. ***************
Disclaimer: The above comments are generally my own opinions and do not necessarily represent those of my corporation or alliance. |

TimMc
Gallente Extradition
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 00:12:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Kassa Daito I played WoW and actually liked the game. It didn't have the depth to keep me interested and took up way too much of my time but I enjoyed it for a while, moved to EVE, played EVE for a few months, got tired of gate camping, and then moved back to WoW when TBC was released, and then eventually returned to EVE to give it a long-term shot on a new character.
This pretty much. Eve is a long term game, one you can play for years and most do. In WoW and other "themepark" MMOs you finish, and then you reroll a new character and grind again.
|

Lukriss
Lone Star Academy
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 00:57:00 -
[22]
Originally by: TimMc
Originally by: Kassa Daito I played WoW and actually liked the game. It didn't have the depth to keep me interested and took up way too much of my time but I enjoyed it for a while, moved to EVE, played EVE for a few months, got tired of gate camping, and then moved back to WoW when TBC was released, and then eventually returned to EVE to give it a long-term shot on a new character.
This pretty much. Eve is a long term game, one you can play for years and most do. In WoW and other "themepark" MMOs you finish, and then you reroll a new character and grind again.
Actually, I feel quite the opposite, for me eve is an "enjoy now or you wont ever" mmo, where as most mmo's I've tried have been "zomg this is boring", and everyone are like "just wait till max level"
Originally by: Redloc I want to gank hulks in high sec! I have a dedicated miner account so I have the funds to throw away.
|

Gneeznow
Minmatar North Eastern Swat Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 01:03:00 -
[23]
haha
|

Lady Aja
Caldari Eradication Project
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 02:39:00 -
[24]
I could be wrong BUT!!!
I think you all been trolled...
|

Tripoli
XenTech
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 05:14:00 -
[25]
I am speachless. I mean, I never thought of it like that before. Maybe I should play WoW, too. 
 --- All 390 skills trained. Tripoli on EVE-Sheet.com |

Bestofworst Worstofbest
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 05:25:00 -
[26]
I reinstalled WoW and went on to play it, and came to one conclusion:
ECM are just like Stuns.
they both make you go "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" ________________________________________________
Am I an alt, main, or both? You decide! |

Myrhial Arkenath
Ghost Festival
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 09:51:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Tripoli I am speachless. I mean, I never thought of it like that before. Maybe I should play WoW, too. 

Omg, do it Tripoli, you could get like all the achievements and be famous there too 
...Except I suspect that record might have been beaten already 
CEO | Diary of a pod pilot |

Lukriss
Lone Star Academy
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 10:21:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Tripoli I am speachless. I mean, I never thought of it like that before. Maybe I should play WoW, too. 

I can has stuffz?
Originally by: Myrhial Arkenath Omg, do it Tripoli, you could get like all the achievements and be famous there too 
...Except I suspect that record might have been beaten already 
That's one of the other things I like about eve... there's famous people here, when people talk about Chribba, Trip, Dr Caymus, Akita T, (sorry to anyone I left out, it's a long list) most people will know how they are, in wow, people on their server might know who they are, but on a different server they most likely wont, and definitely not if they play in another language/region.
Originally by: Redloc I want to gank hulks in high sec! I have a dedicated miner account so I have the funds to throw away.
|

DevyKee
Amarr
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 14:41:00 -
[29]
I'm an original Eve player from back in 2003 (2003-2007) and I stopped playing because gate camping as a -10 was getting a bit boring and everyone became so finely tuned to piewats' operations that we ended up never finding kills.
I eventually went to WoW to "give it a try" and in comparison there's no contest. Imagine jumping into 0.0 to find a bubble and a camp, only to be PM'd with the question "please may we have permission attack you?" LAWL.
In conclusion, EVE is much better if you like PvP and a little more risk of losing your stuffz (or gaining if you're the killer), whereas WoW is a little "safer" but harder to make a name for yourself.
EvE= for grown upsz!!1!
|

Magnus Orin
Minmatar Heavy Influence Aggression.
|
Posted - 2009.07.03 18:03:00 -
[30]
GBTW
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |