| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Xianbei
|
Posted - 2009.07.30 20:12:00 -
[31]
when I first started Sheriff's plan, I had my doubts. only 2 pieces of bread ? but after a few days I realized I could even go down to 1 piece of bread and only water.
in fact, i threw out my wife, 4 kids and the dog and now I save over 1400 euros a month for eve
goddamn Sherrif is a frickin genius
/I owe it all to you bud, have an extra piece of bread on me
|

NeoNeTiC
LOCKDOWN. Cult of War
|
Posted - 2009.07.30 22:17:00 -
[32]
(The OP's post had so much <3 it makes me all fuzzy inside. )
Sheriff Jones, do you mind me asking you for personal advice? Seeing as you're an expert for affordable EVE and the right lifestyle for it and all that.
I recently found myself in need of a second account. Your initial plan has thus far helped me sc**** together the money for the first but the second one gives me trouble.
According to a doctor I recently talked to, well, allright - he's a medical student - I should not cut down on bread any further to avoid the risk of malnutrition.
There's also the problem with smoking. It's required for my job to socialize with my fellow co-workers and share experiences. This is best done during a smoking-break outside. I'd have to fear severe repercussions in form of vile slander from superiors or colleagues and ultimately face explusion for being not considered accessible, should I decide to skip out on joining them (mind you, for reasons they would not understand - they fail to see the beauty of EVE). Smoking that one cig less cost me the chance of getting a raise anytime in the future. The short-term benefit in form of EVE is obvious on the other hand.
Knowing you are a man who is aware of the necessities of life, skipping out on the occasional trip to the nearest pub would just result in not getting laid and thus siginificanlty increase the inherent danger of a beginning carpal tunnel syndrome or even the demand for psychological treatment to learn handling sudden mood swings.
So, what's your opinion on my situation? Is there a chance of ever affording a second account or will I be forced to rely on joining corporations which have lots of Falcon and logistics pilots to cover my needs?
|

Lilin
Black Serpent Technologies Atropos.
|
Posted - 2009.07.30 22:43:00 -
[33]
Originally by: NeoNeTiC Is there a chance of ever affording a second account or will I be forced to rely on joining corporations which have lots of Falcon and logistics pilots to cover my needs?
Couldn't afford eve.... BECAUSE OF FALCON.
|

Reckoning 09
|
Posted - 2009.07.30 22:49:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones Average pack of smokes, 3 euro. Average pack holds, 20 cigs. Cost of one cig, 15 cents. Save over a month, 30 cigs. Save of cash, 4.50!
Oh man i wish, try 8.40 euro
|

Curzon Dax
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2009.07.31 00:49:00 -
[35]
I thought that Sheriff Jones was going to outline a way to pay for Eve using ISK; while saving cash in real life is certainly viable, let me counterpoint with another idea.
I think that semi-afk mission running is an effective means of generating enough ISK to pay for Eve...I've been a fan of AFK mission running for years. :)
Step 1: Buy a Dominix. Step 2: Depending on your funds and equipment, give it a serious tank. My tank boasts dual Core X-Type Large armor repairers and faction hardeners...if that's too pricy, get a few Tech2 Large Armor Repairers. Say...3 of them. Put mission appropriate hardeners in your other slots. Midslots: Cap Recharger IIs. High slots: Drone control augmentor, salvagers, tractor beams, 1 gun...any size. Step 3: Train your drone skills up, focusing on Kinetic and Thermal, and outfit your dominix with Tech2 drones. Step 4: Start running L4 missions. Use your gun to aggro everything in the room at the same time. Once aggroed, release your drones and go afk for half an hour. Return to find everything dead! Loot and salvaging as you see fit with your dominix. Step 5: Rinse and repeat.
A mission running dominix can fill the roles of both salvage/looter and mission runner. I equip my dominix as a gigantic tank and rely 100% on my drones to kill everything. They're basically infinite ammo. :)
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Clinical Experiment
|
Posted - 2009.07.31 07:30:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Ryhss Great plan, but won't work in USA. For examply a pack of smokes cost average $8 a pack. Bar costs can soar way higher than $100 american dollars. Though it might help a little I guess and was a funny ass read.! 10/10.
So, it won't work in the US 'cause the costs are higher?
think a bit mroe of that 
Psst..you'll save more!
Originally by: NeoNeTiC So, what's your opinion on my situation? Is there a chance of ever affording a second account or will I be forced to rely on joining corporations which have lots of Falcon and logistics pilots to cover my needs?
Buddy invites.
Invite your whole workplace.
Atleast ONE should grab the bait and join our flock, then you're united and since you only talk about "That space game" on your smoke breaks, you two can go when you want without any social pressure(since no one wants to talk to you anymore).
Also on the issue of "bar nights getting you laid", well, hope the one co-worker who joins is a female and/or male (whichever you prefer).
On the rbead issue, drop a slice of cheese/ham or use the two pieces of toast to make a "double decker", where you only need one bread worth of filling/topping. Then slice the doubledecker into triangles and you're also eating fancier! 
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Angry Suzie
|
Posted - 2009.07.31 07:33:00 -
[37]
Okay. Now tell me how to save up so I can fly fancy ships in pvp.
|

Frug
Repo Industries
|
Posted - 2009.07.31 07:35:00 -
[38]
Edited by: Frug on 31/07/2009 07:35:17 Why over-complicate things. Just sign up for medical trials. They pay more than enough.
edit: splellsing - - - - - - - - - Do not use dotted lines - - - - - - If you think I'm awesome say BOOO BOOO!! - Ductoris Neat look what I found - Kreul Whisper/PrismX 4 emperor |

Cibo Seidensha
Amarr Biotronics Inc. Majesta Empire
|
Posted - 2009.07.31 07:52:00 -
[39]
This sounds like solid plan.
I would like to try this. Should I start smoking, or start eating those toasts in the morning? Which will net me more spare money for my beloved Eve?
|

1nsan1ty
Darkwave Technologies Kahora Catori
|
Posted - 2009.07.31 11:07:00 -
[40]
Im pretty sure that Sheriff works for some kind of insurance company? :P
Because that stuff you wrote, thats what im telling to my clients every day!
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |