| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

FluffyBunyLittleGirl
Viziam Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2012.06.12 16:16:00 -
[1] - Quote
No hate towards eve's graphics at all, theyre honestly pretty impressive. On top of that, graphics are one of those things that ccp seems to pay attention to, so it's a little weird that cap ship death animations seem so neglected.
It seems to me that compared to some of the new effects like missiles, DDs, and jump effects, death animations are really behind. Especially with huge models like titans, its easy to imagine how awesome the death animations could be, given the work that's been put into graphics lately.
I think that fixing their glitchyness and updating the wreck model might make a world of difference by itself. |

naed21
The Dark Space Initiative
7
|
Posted - 2012.06.12 16:41:00 -
[2] - Quote
Not sure if you noticed or seen it but the exploding Ragnarok in the Fanfest video linked below was the showcased new explosion/ship death that CCP is working on. Or atleast its one of the new explosions there are working on. I do remember some dev saying that they had a team go explore different particle effects and what not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI53ydJaus8
Skip to 2:00 if you dont wanna watch the whole thing |

FluffyBunyLittleGirl
Viziam Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2012.06.12 16:44:00 -
[3] - Quote
i did not notice, and man that is badass. |

M Overlord
Mirai Yume The Dark Nation
6
|
Posted - 2012.06.12 17:07:00 -
[4] - Quote
I agree, I like what they are doing with the capital ships, but I also think most of the death animations need to be updated for the other, smaller ships.
For example:
Frigates 1) Little bits fall off while it tumbles through space and eventually explodes 2) Lights up into a ball of 'flames' (We'll just call them flames for now since there's no oxygen in space :P) that glides in the path it was flying and eventually explodes.
Cruisers Just break into a few smaller pieces and explode
Battlecruisers Break into pieces and have things falling off of the ship, explode
Battleships 1) Have smaller explosions erupt from the hull before a large explosion 2) Smaller explosions, medium explosion that snaps the ship into two pieces which slowly drift away from eachother a bit.
Just my 2 cents on the subject  Want new, exciting mission types? New Mission Types
|

Lord Drokoth
DARKNESS RISING.
19
|
Posted - 2012.06.12 21:07:00 -
[5] - Quote
naed21 wrote:Not sure if you noticed or seen it but the exploding Ragnarok in the Fanfest video linked below was the showcased new explosion/ship death that CCP is working on. Or atleast its one of the new explosions there are working on. I do remember some dev saying that they had a team go explore different particle effects and what not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI53ydJaus8Skip to 2:00 if you dont wanna watch the whole thing
That graphic was created for the video. As far as I can see there isn't any intent yet on changing the death graphics of capitals.
A long time ago they did have a nice twisting flash effect but that was phased out. Ofc I was dissapointed. Even more so when I got my first Nyx kill. It was pants. It just dissapeared.
I would like to be proved wrong on this. So please do. L.D |

Oberine Noriepa
825
|
Posted - 2012.06.12 21:37:00 -
[6] - Quote
Lord Drokoth wrote:naed21 wrote:Not sure if you noticed or seen it but the exploding Ragnarok in the Fanfest video linked below was the showcased new explosion/ship death that CCP is working on. Or atleast its one of the new explosions there are working on. I do remember some dev saying that they had a team go explore different particle effects and what not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI53ydJaus8Skip to 2:00 if you dont wanna watch the whole thing That graphic was created for the video. As far as I can see there isn't any intent yet on changing the death graphics of capitals.A long time ago they did have a nice twisting flash effect but that was phased out. Ofc I was dissapointed. Even more so when I got my first Nyx kill. It was pants. It just dissapeared. I would like to be proved wrong on this. So please do.L.D Bolded: You are wrong. Here is proof.
(More) |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |