| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Shalindrill
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 04:08:00 -
[1]
I have been playing for a couple of months and am advancing well. I have a battleship and equiped some missile launchers with some FOF Heavy Missles. There seems to be some sort of bug where my FOF missles will begin attacking anything in range including my OWN heavy drones. I think this is crazy since FOF stands for Friend or Foe. That is supposed to mean that the missiles can distinguish between friendly units, i.e. NPC structures, my own drones, etc. Appearantly the guys at EVE disagree. They say that my FOF missles attacking my own units is a drawback of the missle. ??????? That's the whole thing about FOF!!! The missles should only attack FOES!!! Right??? If that's the case, lets rename the FOF missles for what they really are and that's "Blow Up Everything In Range" missles, cuz that's what they do. I'm so confused.........
|

Epegi Givo
Amarr Araja clan
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 04:13:00 -
[2]
stop using FOFs __________________________
My other alt is A Ferrari |

Revol Ver
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 04:49:00 -
[3]
fof means missle makes no distinction between the two,fof is a non targeted missle
|

Geldar Wroontik
Gallente Galactic System Lords Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 08:51:00 -
[4]
"Friend or Foe" does not mean they make the distinction, that is what guided missiles do (so standard heavies). "Friend or Foe" means they, quite literally, attack anything, regardless of whether it's friend or if it's foe.
They are useful I guess if you're being ECMed or damped, but otherwise they have limited use, particularly when you have friendly targets on the field, be they drones or fleet members.
----- Blasters: enough Ammunition: plenty Bubblegum: none |

Jessica Lanson
Port Hercules
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 09:33:00 -
[5]
FOF are pretty stupid and will attack neutral structures and scenery along with friendly units using targeted buffs (repair etc) on you.
I've never (yet) seen them target my own combat drones. Can you describe how you engineered this situation? Did you remote repair a drone, or shoot at one of your own drones/team, perhaps shoot the drones at one of your wrecks, or a corpmate had the drone targeted?
If not, yea, weird.
BTW why are you using heavy missiles on a battleship? I think you meant to fit/write cruise.
|

Arrawnt
Amphysvena
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 09:38:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Jessica Lanson BTW why are you using heavy missiles on a battleship? I think you meant to fit/write cruise.
or torps.
|

Jessica Lanson
Port Hercules
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 12:39:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Arrawnt
Originally by: Jessica Lanson BTW why are you using heavy missiles on a battleship? I think you meant to fit/write cruise.
or torps.
There are no FOF torps.
|

Smagd
Encina Technologies Namtz' aar K'in
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 12:49:00 -
[8]
Most likely, your drones attacked you (or thought you attacked them) or one of your gang mates at one point or another.
This happens a lot in RR gangs when you got both friendlies and hostiles locked. Also if you have your own drones locked, or use smartbombs.
The easiest way to tame rabid drones is scoop them to their drone bay and redeploy.
There's a few other "features" where both drones and F.O.Fs will attack the wrong target.
Use F.O.Fs really only if you know the closest target is hostile, e. g. you're in a missile-only boat orbitting an ECM boat permajamming you.
Defenders and F.O.F.s need an overhaul.
|

Aclyn Seriy
Gallente Hollow World Mining Corporation
|
Posted - 2010.01.13 12:53:00 -
[9]
I totally gave up on this twerp when I read he'd fitted something other than cruise or torps to a battleship. One wonders who is keeping an eye on these people?
Originally by: Slinkus Gallentus They're actually in free fall but they keep missing the earth.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |