| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Rixxx
|
Posted - 2004.12.02 21:06:00 -
[31]
doing what i was told in the last post seems to have fixed my problem with running 2 accounts but in doing so has perhaps cause a more serious problem, while running 2 accounts my computer resets and gives me a fatal error, because it didn't do this while i ws using the old drivers i believe it may be the news ones causing the problem, although as well as changing driver i also dl'd todays patch and installed the second account i want to run to a diff lcoation so i really don't know what fixed the original problem
|

Rixxx
|
Posted - 2004.12.02 21:06:00 -
[32]
doing what i was told in the last post seems to have fixed my problem with running 2 accounts but in doing so has perhaps cause a more serious problem, while running 2 accounts my computer resets and gives me a fatal error, because it didn't do this while i ws using the old drivers i believe it may be the news ones causing the problem, although as well as changing driver i also dl'd todays patch and installed the second account i want to run to a diff lcoation so i really don't know what fixed the original problem
|

Rixxx
|
Posted - 2004.12.02 23:22:00 -
[33]
just wanted to add that the latest nvidia driver for gforce cards are definately what were causing me the serious error, i downloaded the version before them from the nvidia archive and they seem to be working fine, so far so good cept the uba lag now lol (i like moaning)
hope this helps someone
|

Rixxx
|
Posted - 2004.12.02 23:22:00 -
[34]
just wanted to add that the latest nvidia driver for gforce cards are definately what were causing me the serious error, i downloaded the version before them from the nvidia archive and they seem to be working fine, so far so good cept the uba lag now lol (i like moaning)
hope this helps someone
|

Kokob
|
Posted - 2004.12.03 01:44:00 -
[35]
thx for you suggestions I changed the compatability and that worked
|

Kokob
|
Posted - 2004.12.03 01:44:00 -
[36]
thx for you suggestions I changed the compatability and that worked
|

Straiff
|
Posted - 2004.12.03 02:24:00 -
[37]
When I had the prob. I just unchecked sun is Occluded in the graphics menu and poof problem didnt come back
|

Straiff
|
Posted - 2004.12.03 02:24:00 -
[38]
When I had the prob. I just unchecked sun is Occluded in the graphics menu and poof problem didnt come back
|

Neo Vallen
|
Posted - 2004.12.03 05:43:00 -
[39]
Same here guys...tried all the tricks mentioned and "nothin'"!! I also have a NVIDIA GeForce 5200 (128 mb) and all worked fine for 10 months until the long awaited Exodus finally arrived. It is a good name for the patch....("Exodus" to desktop). I'll keep my fingers crossed and will let ya know if I get an email saying something other than how valuable I am. 
|

Neo Vallen
|
Posted - 2004.12.03 05:43:00 -
[40]
Same here guys...tried all the tricks mentioned and "nothin'"!! I also have a NVIDIA GeForce 5200 (128 mb) and all worked fine for 10 months until the long awaited Exodus finally arrived. It is a good name for the patch....("Exodus" to desktop). I'll keep my fingers crossed and will let ya know if I get an email saying something other than how valuable I am. 
|

Neo Vallen
|
Posted - 2004.12.04 00:53:00 -
[41]
Ok, guys. Here's the fix if ya havent' found one yet. www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03. My NVIDIA 5200 GeForce had a driver from August 2003. The above like will take you to a driver that is dated December 2003. After changing over, been running my 2 accounts without 1 problem. If anyone hears from tech support, tell them I cancelled my petition please.  |

Neo Vallen
|
Posted - 2004.12.04 00:53:00 -
[42]
Ok, guys. Here's the fix if ya havent' found one yet. www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03. My NVIDIA 5200 GeForce had a driver from August 2003. The above like will take you to a driver that is dated December 2003. After changing over, been running my 2 accounts without 1 problem. If anyone hears from tech support, tell them I cancelled my petition please.  |

Neo Vallen
|
Posted - 2004.12.09 12:43:00 -
[43]
This is cRAzy! After installing the new driver (mentioned above) I only freeze up when one of my accounts passes through Yona or Penirgman. I reproduced this freeze multiple times with both characters logged in,1 of them in station, and 1 of them navigating through these systems. I can even reproduce the freeze-up on the test server. There's something unique to these systems (color, planetary feature, etc) that i think is the lowest common denominator for the probs. I'm not saying this is the only systems that all of us may be having problems in, but that there has to be a common variable that's causing our heartburn. I've sent another petition with the system names mentioned above and will post if i hear anything.
|

Neo Vallen
|
Posted - 2004.12.09 12:43:00 -
[44]
This is cRAzy! After installing the new driver (mentioned above) I only freeze up when one of my accounts passes through Yona or Penirgman. I reproduced this freeze multiple times with both characters logged in,1 of them in station, and 1 of them navigating through these systems. I can even reproduce the freeze-up on the test server. There's something unique to these systems (color, planetary feature, etc) that i think is the lowest common denominator for the probs. I'm not saying this is the only systems that all of us may be having problems in, but that there has to be a common variable that's causing our heartburn. I've sent another petition with the system names mentioned above and will post if i hear anything.
|

Pignol LaDenree
|
Posted - 2004.12.12 15:46:00 -
[45]
Ok , i ve got exactly the same problem
before exodus , i run 2 or 3 account without problem Now, as long as i m in a ssystem , no probleme The bug is when i travel
In fact , there is a problem with the "sun occlured by ship". I need to have desactivated to run 2 account before exodus. With exodus (full client install) , in some system, the occlusion effect is activating even if the option is off. It happen in I-CU near A-1CON in foutain .
The effect launch and one client crashed , the others is freeze until i launch the task manager.
It drives me crasy to not be able anymore to play with my two accounts. ccp , you mUST do something
My config : PIV 2,6 Gforce 4200Ti 1Go RAM geforce driver : 52.16 (try the last, doesnt solve) Direct X 9.0c
I m going to try another graphic gard (6600GT ) if this dosn't work , i will cancel 3 account
|

Pignol LaDenree
|
Posted - 2004.12.12 15:46:00 -
[46]
Ok , i ve got exactly the same problem
before exodus , i run 2 or 3 account without problem Now, as long as i m in a ssystem , no probleme The bug is when i travel
In fact , there is a problem with the "sun occlured by ship". I need to have desactivated to run 2 account before exodus. With exodus (full client install) , in some system, the occlusion effect is activating even if the option is off. It happen in I-CU near A-1CON in foutain .
The effect launch and one client crashed , the others is freeze until i launch the task manager.
It drives me crasy to not be able anymore to play with my two accounts. ccp , you mUST do something
My config : PIV 2,6 Gforce 4200Ti 1Go RAM geforce driver : 52.16 (try the last, doesnt solve) Direct X 9.0c
I m going to try another graphic gard (6600GT ) if this dosn't work , i will cancel 3 account
|

Gigo
|
Posted - 2004.12.13 16:27:00 -
[47]
I vastly improved performance by turning sound off on both of my clients (shift-ctrl-alt-F12): it actually became usable on both sessions at the same time.
By turning sound on again on my main session, it was still just playable, though the one with sound needed to be the currently "focussed" window in order for it to be smooth.
Hope this helps.
--Gigo
P.S. Sound is a very important part of this game, losing things like the audible "you are being locked" warning is not good.
--- It's not just a game! |

Gigo
|
Posted - 2004.12.13 16:27:00 -
[48]
I vastly improved performance by turning sound off on both of my clients (shift-ctrl-alt-F12): it actually became usable on both sessions at the same time.
By turning sound on again on my main session, it was still just playable, though the one with sound needed to be the currently "focussed" window in order for it to be smooth.
Hope this helps.
--Gigo
P.S. Sound is a very important part of this game, losing things like the audible "you are being locked" warning is not good.
--- It's not just a game! |

Fornacis
|
Posted - 2004.12.13 19:15:00 -
[49]
I think that sound does effect running both accounts. I have had trouble running two accounts since Exodus as well. I used to run both accounts with MediaPlayer running my favorite tunes, but this will not work now. I get a Windows Blue screen and my machine reboots. I've noticed that turning off sound on both accounts makes running both a lot more stable. I still get the occassional crash though, which is always in the worse possible time.
I would check your sound drivers too guys, and make sure they are up to date.
|

Fornacis
|
Posted - 2004.12.13 19:15:00 -
[50]
I think that sound does effect running both accounts. I have had trouble running two accounts since Exodus as well. I used to run both accounts with MediaPlayer running my favorite tunes, but this will not work now. I get a Windows Blue screen and my machine reboots. I've noticed that turning off sound on both accounts makes running both a lot more stable. I still get the occassional crash though, which is always in the worse possible time.
I would check your sound drivers too guys, and make sure they are up to date.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |