| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Veliria
|
Posted - 2010.04.17 17:28:00 -
[1]
One problem for industrial chars with joining a new corp is that one would have to anchor their POS under the new corp. I myself have had my own POS for a while now and it continues to provide a nice income and a home away from home. It's also a nice spot to drop stuff off I come across in plexes, wormholes or mining.
A solo corp is ofcourse rather quiet, but if I joined another corp, my POS wouldn't go with me. Even though my alts could be made director and such, all my invention and research skills are on my main which then wouldn't be able to use the POS.
Seeing as how the POS and the anchored stuff is worth over a billion ISK put together by itself, I'm very hesitant to anchor that in good faith under the flag of another corp. They could just kick me the second I'm done anchoring and walk away with a billion ISK in assets. Even if I decide to check out the corp first for a short period, in that period I can't use my POS and they could still ninja the POS afterwards.
Why not add the option to anchor a POS for yourself? All the administrative and access rights would fall under the person who anchored it for him or herself and at first only they would be able to use and enter it. They could then assign roles to other corp members as usual if they so wish.
If the corp then decides to try and ninja the POS by kicking the person who owns it, the POS joins the rightful owner. This may cause some issues with having a POS under an NPC corp, but it could made that it can't go online in an NPC corp. It would go offline once the kick happens, but the POS itself would never stay with the corp who kicked the owner. Also, it would make anchoring a POS a little easier as it would use the character's standing rather than the standings of a corp.
The only real difference between anchor for corp and for self is that all the access rights and grantable rights fall under the person who anchors it rather than the corp, and that the POS will always stay with him or her.
The owner could still open up the POS freely to all the corp members just as well as you can currently, but if the POS owner decides to leave or is kicked, the POS goes with him or her.
It could benefit corps quite a bit if people can anchor their own POS, large or small with their own little rules and regulations without having to wonder what the corp may do once your POS turns to something of worth.
I have no doubt there would be some corp role, NPC and similar issues to fix/look at to make sure it would work as intended.
Thoughts, comments, critics?
|

Johnny Dexter
|
Posted - 2010.04.17 17:40:00 -
[2]
Corporation, alliance, POS and outpost management mechanics have been a damn disgrace for years, good luck convincing CCP to do something about it.
|

Torothanax
|
Posted - 2010.04.17 20:15:00 -
[3]
couple years ago they started talking about "personal" pos. I believe the idea was to be able to anchor them anywhere. Obviously there are some exploits and tech problems there to be worked out. The idea never went anywhere.
There's also a thread and then a new itteration that's been around since like forever requesting pos's be overhauled. I've no idea how much time CCP is putting into it, but at least there are or were looking at it.
|

Veliria
|
Posted - 2010.05.11 17:14:00 -
[4]
Giving this a kick, maybe it's something that can be added in Tyrannis along with PI? May work nicely in conjuction with having stuff on a planet.
|

Danton Marcellus
Nebula Rasa Holdings
|
Posted - 2010.05.11 17:36:00 -
[5]
I see no problem with assigning owners to specific POS'. If anything it's an easy enough way from inside the corporation to tell who got the responsibility for its upkeep.
Should/would/could have, HAVE you chav!
Also Known As |

Sandrine Starfire
Gallente Dissident Enterprises The Craftsmen
|
Posted - 2010.05.11 18:03:00 -
[6]
If it would be possible to set up a pos for your very own self, while you are in a corp. And you are the only one to set up the rights for this pos, it would benefit the players to join corps. Against the actual situation, that many players sitting in their own one-man-corp.
|

Veliria
|
Posted - 2010.05.11 18:14:00 -
[7]
It would indeed help getting the more industrious players to join existing corps. For me it would be far more fun to be in a corp with lots of other similar minded players, and they could use my POS freely and I'd probably be able to use theirs in the same way if they have a POS themselves. A lot of one-man corps could then band together and form a much more fun and interesting corp, all with their own POS and regulations while still performing lots of corp actions together and as much as having someone in corp chat besides yourself.
|

Jag Kara
United Investment
|
Posted - 2010.05.11 19:58:00 -
[8]
This would be awesome, but because of that I doubt ccp would do it. They seem to only touch on the non-awesome ideas. I.E. boosting boring industrial sides of the game and leaving the lag issue out there. In Soviet Russia, carebears gank YOU! |

Crumplecorn
Gallente Eve Cluster Explorations
|
Posted - 2010.05.11 22:53:00 -
[9]
This would be very helpful. -
DesuSigs - Now with ThreadAssignÖ and SigSelectÖ |

Octoven
|
Posted - 2010.05.11 23:53:00 -
[10]
I like this idea. For me, one of the primary things I look at when joining a corp is do they have a POS and is it accessible by everyone in corp. Not to mention we can call it a TRUE POS - Player Owned Structure rather then the current POS which should have been named COS - Corporation Owned Structure.
/signed
|

Destiny Forgotten
|
Posted - 2010.05.12 03:24:00 -
[11]
Agreed. Seeing how PI is really open to anyone and everyone, focused on pushing market prices down and allowing individuals build PI, the PoS should be looked at. I would say in spirit of what/where they're going, the faction for high sec PoS should be removed, the PoS should be individual if wanted or Corporate. Moons should still follow the higher yield in low sec, but make it so all those moons in high sec can now be used, and why not the worm hole ones too. The market would go down dramatically I understand, and there's the balancing of the other aspect of production (Combat/Mining/Etc) but those could be changed to match. It'll push for a progressive game. New items worth more, old items depreciate.
|

flier1285
Oblivion Of Shadows Blood Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.05.12 03:36:00 -
[12]
I agree as well. I would like to put up my own POS where it would go with me when i want to leave this corp. Also it would give a leg up to those out there wanted to create there own corps and alliances in the future if they can put together a POS while with someone learning what they can in that corp then go off to do their own thing.
So ya, I hope CCP take a look and upgrades everything about the POSes.
Flier1285
|

Veliria
|
Posted - 2010.05.12 11:28:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Destiny Forgotten Agreed. Seeing how PI is really open to anyone and everyone, focused on pushing market prices down and allowing individuals build PI, the PoS should be looked at. I would say in spirit of what/where they're going, the faction for high sec PoS should be removed, the PoS should be individual if wanted or Corporate. Moons should still follow the higher yield in low sec, but make it so all those moons in high sec can now be used, and why not the worm hole ones too. The market would go down dramatically I understand, and there's the balancing of the other aspect of production (Combat/Mining/Etc) but those could be changed to match. It'll push for a progressive game. New items worth more, old items depreciate.
I fear making moon mining available in high-sec in its current form would make passive income with no threat even easier. As it is you have AFK mission running/mining and datacore agents which already bring in quite some ISK. Maybe with a penalty (only one moon miner per PoS or somethin) but even then. I'd rather see the moons used in a PI style if they are to serve a purpose in high-sec aside from being anchor points.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |