| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Whitmoore
Caldari Intaki Liberation Front Intaki Prosperity Initiative
|
Posted - 2010.05.14 08:12:00 -
[1]
I joined Eve a few months back. I did some mining, then got into PvP Pirate Hunting. In the end, I didn't like how Mining left me feeling vulnerable and forced me to run away from Pirates. I also didn't like how pointless hunting Pirates was because I wasn't really defending anything.
So now I am trying to find a good mix, and I figure it would be working security on mining operations. Can I get some information on how Mining Operation Security works.
Do you operate in the same Corp as the Miners, or find a Corp who specialized in security.
How does payment go out to those on Security?
Would I find myself being the lone person on security, being able to fend off a single Pirate, but easy prey for a gang.
Anything else that might help.
|

Ellmar
Caldari The Empire Nation Mostly Harmless
|
Posted - 2010.05.14 08:24:00 -
[2]
I think I'm probably allowed to post!
|

Whitmoore
Caldari Intaki Liberation Front Intaki Prosperity Initiative
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 03:21:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Ellmar I think I'm probably allowed to post!
Yes you are. I suggest you post something rational and informative instead of wasting everyones time.
|

kra torii
Minmatar United Systems Navy Wildly Inappropriate.
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 03:29:00 -
[4]
Not meaning to sound like a p3nis here, OP, but you're an arrogant prick.
~|------|~
~|------|~ |

Carai an'Caldazar
Amarr Dawn of a new Empire The Initiative.
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 04:54:00 -
[5]
So, you have two scenarios which you would be defending against... (1) a single pirate attempts to interrupt the mining party, or (2) a roaming gangs attempts to interrupt the mining party.
In Scenario (2), you are one extra killmail for the enemy and serve the protected mining gang no purposes. Why would they pay you?
In Scenario (1), you are a delay so the mining gang can get into warp while they leave you to die. If you kill the aggressor, I can pretty much guarantee you that they won't be sticking around to watch. If you die, they won't go down with you (hopefully).
What is that worth to the mining gang? Well, how much ISK are they bringing in per hour? How much ISK would they lose if they did lose one of their ships (i.e. price of hulk + mods)? What is the percent chance that they will be jumped (this is more about location)? What are the odds that you would sell them out to a roaming gang for a second cut on profit?
All things factored in, your best best would be to find a corporation that mines and run protection for them. Someone paying you to be protection would yield less than ratting in the same system. Ratting while "offering protection" is nearly useless as you will need a solid pvp fit to take care of any *competent* single aggressor.
In essence, if you really want to spend your EVE time babysitting miners, be prepared to do it for free or a minor cut on the nights profits... and be prepared to do it for altruistic/philanthropic reasons. There are far better ways to make ISK, even by PVP, than babysitting miners. ~Carai an'Caldazar~ ~Carai an'Ellisande~ -- Dawn of a new Empire --
|

Pirokobo
Caldari Merch Industrial SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 21:21:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Pirokobo on 15/05/2010 21:25:34
Originally by: Whitmoore So now I am trying to find a good mix, and I figure it would be working security on mining operations. Can I get some information on how Mining Operation Security works.
Drop a TCU, conquer a station, drop some POSes everywhere. Mine in empire or your home territory no-sec.
Quote: How does payment go out to those on Security?
The moonjews pay for ship reimbursement.
|

sodney
Minmatar No Limit Productions Looney Toons.
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 21:26:00 -
[7]
did you get your name from the reconstruction initiative?
|

MpozoY
Caldari GoonWaffe SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 22:35:00 -
[8]
Hey guys I saw this video once where one dude was flying around for no real reason in a Wolf and jumped to a belt and fought off some pirates and helped some dueds he'd never seen before and MADE A DIFFERENCE and foolishly thought this had anything to do with Eve gameplay
|

Salivan Harddin
Gallente Divine Power. Wildly Inappropriate.
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 22:42:00 -
[9]
Wasn't it a Rifter? -****ing in his own cheerios since 2007 -Dreddit fan since 15/5/2010 -They see me trollin, they hatin
|

stevieisbest
Caldari Pilots Of Honour Aeternus.
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 23:27:00 -
[10]
i doubt it was a rifter cuz he would've been a goon. and judging by his success in PVP he was infact, not a goon.
|

Salivan Harddin
Gallente Divine Power. Wildly Inappropriate.
|
Posted - 2010.05.15 23:34:00 -
[11]
Goons are so 2009, go with the times, SOLODRAKBAN is the way of the future -****ing in his own cheerios since 2007 -Dreddit fan since 15/5/2010 -They see me trollin, they hatin
|

stevieisbest
Caldari Pilots Of Honour Aeternus.
|
Posted - 2010.05.16 00:46:00 -
[12]
well that video was released in pre solotards, so my post applies
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |