| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Daria Meridian Carlile
Platinum-Tech-Industry
27
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 15:00:00 -
[1] - Quote
Probably the millionth post on this topic but hey, that's an achievement in itself..
This isn't news at all, but i was sitting in space mining while doing some mineral calculations to see what would give best profit (refined, not used in manufacturing) and i was quite surprised that Scordite is currently the 3rd most valuable ore in the universe, isk/m3 wise only superceeded by the obvious Arkonor and Mercoxit.
I understand that one type of ore won't make the universe revolve but, i just can't understand how an ore as abundant as scordite can be the 3rd most valuable, heck if you mine massive scordite you're only a good 30 or so isk/m3 of ore behind Arkonor.
*cough Dalek voice*
Explain Explain!! EXPLAIN!! |

Ms Bax
Union Of EVE
6
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 15:07:00 -
[2] - Quote
Now you don't need to calculate the mineral prices by yourself anymore.
http://ore.cerlestes.de/index.html#site:ore |

Cebraio
Starfire Oasis
170
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 15:09:00 -
[3] - Quote
Note: Click to order by isk/m-¦
Scordite is so good now because of the inflated Pyerite price. Why that is so high, I actually don't know. Missed that part. Hulkageddon aftermath? |

Nevryn Takis
University of Caille Gallente Federation
16
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 15:17:00 -
[4] - Quote
Cebraio wrote:Note: Click to order by isk/m-¦ Scordite is so good now because of the inflated Pyerite price. Why that is so high, I actually don't know. Missed that part. Hulkageddon aftermath? No. It's because all the bot miners mine veldspar or plag/kernite and never bother to mine anything else. As I mine to supply my own production I mine scordite, scordite, scordite, some veld, and any pyroxeres (minmatar space) I come across (and of course anything valuable in grav belts). |

Kailean
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
13
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 15:34:00 -
[5] - Quote
The drone poo nerf is probably the largest contributing factor to pyerite climbing like crazy. |

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
507
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 16:15:00 -
[6] - Quote
Kailean wrote:The drone poo nerf is probably the largest contributing factor to pyerite climbing like crazy.
Yup. Pye used to be sourced mainly from drone poo. Which had regular miners ignoring Scordite as the price was depressed by the ease of getting it from drone poo.
People that actually pay attention and don't assume things won't change, will profit off this.
http://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/ore/ is another ore calculator. FuzzWork Enterprises http://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/ Blueprint calculator, invention chance calculator, isk/m3 Ore chart-á and other 'useful' utilities. |

Block Ukx
Forge Laboratories
75
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 16:28:00 -
[7] - Quote
Daria Meridian Carlile wrote:... i just can't understand how an ore as abundant as scordite can be the 3rd most valuable ...
Currently, scordite is the second most valuable. see http://www.bsacse.amxg4.com/tools/index.php?id=oreincome
Supply vs. demand is your answer.
|

Daria Meridian Carlile
Platinum-Tech-Industry
27
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 16:41:00 -
[8] - Quote
Those numbers can't be right, they differ a lot from my numbers and those of the ore-calculating sites that has been linked.
Anyhow, yes supply and demand, but this has been going on for a while and i simply fail to understand why the supply does not rise since scordite is available everywhere. |

Kailean
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
14
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 16:46:00 -
[9] - Quote
Scordite is in much less supply than Veldspar and That Other Rock. There's probably also some lingering "scordite is useless, I'll pick everything else instead" mentality going on. |

Block Ukx
Forge Laboratories
75
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 17:33:00 -
[10] - Quote
Daria Meridian Carlile wrote: Those numbers can't be right, they differ a lot from my numbers and those of the ore-calculating sites that has been linked.
Anyhow, yes supply and demand, but this has been going on for a while and i simply fail to understand why the supply does not rise since scordite is available everywhere.
The numbers are correct. They are ISK/m3, not ore value.
Just because scordite is available everywhere does not mean more people are mining it. You need more people mining it in order to cover the loss due to patch changes. I doubt a lot of people move from mission running to mining ore after the patch.
|

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
507
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 17:37:00 -
[11] - Quote
Daria Meridian Carlile wrote:Those numbers can't be right, they differ a lot from my numbers and those of the ore-calculating sites that has been linked. Anyhow, yes supply and demand, but this has been going on for a while and i simply fail to understand why the supply does not rise since scordite is available everywhere.
Numbers aren't the same as on my site, but they're close enough. Pretty much down to minor differences in where we get pricing information, most likely (I'm getting (by default) the simulated 5% buy of the market in jita, from eve-marketdata) FuzzWork Enterprises http://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/ Blueprint calculator, invention chance calculator, isk/m3 Ore chart-á and other 'useful' utilities. |

Block Ukx
Forge Laboratories
75
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 20:49:00 -
[12] - Quote
Steve Ronuken wrote: Numbers aren't the same as on my site, but they're close enough. Pretty much down to minor differences in where we get pricing information, most likely (I'm getting (by default) the simulated 5% buy of the market in jita, from eve-marketdata)
My numbers are based on actual regional trades conducted by the Mineral Reserve.
|

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
1505
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 23:50:00 -
[13] - Quote
Well I presume the price of high ends will go up now that tech has gone down, if only because insanely cheap disposable ships (hopefully) isn't something CCP want to see in Eve.
I presume this will happen when ring mining hits. Or when the build requirements are changed as is alluded to in the recent dev blog.
"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"-á-á-MXZF |

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
507
|
Posted - 2012.07.19 23:56:00 -
[14] - Quote
CCP can't set prices, except by playing with scarcity or build requirements.
And those aren't that easy to play with.
However, the 'cheapness' of something all comes down to what people will pay it for (and the sellers minimum). Just because an input becomes cheaper, it doesn't always follow that prices will fall.
FuzzWork Enterprises http://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/ Blueprint calculator, invention chance calculator, isk/m3 Ore chart-á and other 'useful' utilities. |

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
259
|
Posted - 2012.07.20 18:03:00 -
[15] - Quote
I suspect the pyerite ( and consequently scordite ) hikes are indicators the alloy hoards are finally significantly shrinking . I suspect we're going to see another big minal price hike when they get close to being truely depleted. I wonder if CCP sees this too & has pushed up the schedule of some of the mining ship changes: http://www.eveonline.com/inferno/the-rebalancing-initiative/?utm_source=newsletter79&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter79&sp_rid=Njk4MzcwODExNgS2&sp_mid=39480967 I suspect it is just coincidence though I have serious doubts about CCP's predictive powers. An' then [email protected], he come scramblin outta theTerminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system'scrashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children' |

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
1505
|
Posted - 2012.07.20 18:06:00 -
[16] - Quote
Didn't you quit over incursions or something?
"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"-á-á-MXZF |

Block Ukx
Forge Laboratories
75
|
Posted - 2012.07.26 17:03:00 -
[17] - Quote
Scordite remains as the second most profitable ore.
|

corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
592
|
Posted - 2012.07.26 17:57:00 -
[18] - Quote
For now, perhaps. The market movement the past couple days speaks volumes though - people see the writing on the wall as far as low ends are concerned and are moving to get out. How big of a difference miners having a free reign will make remains to be seen, however. . |

Pinstar Colton
Sweet Asteroid Acres
197
|
Posted - 2012.07.26 18:43:00 -
[19] - Quote
corestwo wrote:For now, perhaps. The market movement the past couple days speaks volumes though - people see the writing on the wall as far as low ends are concerned and are moving to get out. How big of a difference miners having a free reign will make remains to be seen, however.
I see mineral prices dropping to pre-drone-poo/T0 nerf levels.
My reasoning: Before drone poo/T0 nerfs, "Gun Mining" was just as effective as actual mining. Mission runners/Ratters were generally safer from suicide ganks than their mining counterparts and generally did their work without much harassment or loss (from other players anyway).
Now "gun mining" is off the table, relying on real mining to pick up the slack. My guess is that the new changes will generally keep most miners safe from harassment. 100% safe? Heck no. But it will no longer be as economical unless the goons ratchet up their bounty payments for permageddon.
Once the mining updates patch hits, miners will be in the same position as gun miners... generally (but by no means completely) safe from harassment in high sec. Thus the market will flood with high sec minerals and drop the prices. Meanwhile, low/null sec minerals will return to their proper place as being significantly more profitable than the low sec ores.
Of course speculators and stockpilers will cause the markets to do all kinds of backflips before, during and after the patch that contains these adjustments.
I have no 'secret knowledge' of the mineral market. I just call it like I see it.
In the cat-and-mouse game that is low sec, there is no shame in learning to be a better mouse. |

corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
592
|
Posted - 2012.07.26 19:00:00 -
[20] - Quote
Pinstar Colton wrote:I have no 'secret knowledge' of the mineral market. I just call it like I see it.
I have some secret knowledge and I think you're wrong. There's a deficit from when the drone regions were supplying the game like you would not believe.
I'd love to be wrong, but needless to say I'd be amazed if the changes bring minerals back down that far...especially with Sreegs running his anti-botter initiatives. . |

Pinstar Colton
Sweet Asteroid Acres
197
|
Posted - 2012.07.26 19:36:00 -
[21] - Quote
corestwo wrote:Pinstar Colton wrote:I have no 'secret knowledge' of the mineral market. I just call it like I see it. I have some secret knowledge and I think you're wrong. There's a deficit from when the drone regions were supplying the game like you would not believe. I'd love to be wrong, but needless to say I'd be amazed if the changes bring minerals back down that far...especially with Sreegs running his anti-botter initiatives.
As a miner/refiner, I'd rather you be right than me. :)
And you are right, I did forget to take the anti-botting measures into account. In the cat-and-mouse game that is low sec, there is no shame in learning to be a better mouse. |

Tiregn
Royal Blue Industries
5
|
Posted - 2012.07.27 02:05:00 -
[22] - Quote
corestwo wrote:Pinstar Colton wrote:I have no 'secret knowledge' of the mineral market. I just call it like I see it. I have some secret knowledge and I think you're wrong. There's a deficit from when the drone regions were supplying the game like you would not believe. I'd love to be wrong, but needless to say I'd be amazed if the changes bring minerals back down that far...especially with Sreegs running his anti-botter initiatives.
But how long until the effects of that will be known. That's what I'm most curious about. You have any guesses you're willing to share? |

Ms Bax
Union Of EVE
6
|
Posted - 2012.07.28 10:17:00 -
[23] - Quote
All mineral prices appear to be on a downward slope at the moment. At least when I look at prices in JIta and the other major trade hubs (yes I use Cerlestes). This surpriced me as I actually thought it would stay at the previous level for a longer time. |

Dave stark
Bombardier Inc
303
|
Posted - 2012.07.28 10:27:00 -
[24] - Quote
Ms Bax wrote:All mineral prices appear to be on a downward slope at the moment. At least when I look at prices in JIta and the other major trade hubs (yes I use Cerlestes). This surpriced me as I actually thought it would stay at the previous level for a longer time.
i think people who have got any minerals left over are dumping them because of the mining barge changes. there's the idea that with barges being buffed to avoid ganks easier more people will mine thus increasing supply which will force prices down so people are dumping while they can to get the "best" prices. Reading my posts is like panning for gold; most it will be useless, but occasionally you'll find a nugget of gold. |

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
1724
|
Posted - 2012.07.28 11:55:00 -
[25] - Quote
Ms Bax wrote:All mineral prices appear to be on a downward slope at the moment. At least when I look at prices in JIta and the other major trade hubs (yes I use Cerlestes). This surpriced me as I actually thought it would stay at the previous level for a longer time.
:Summer: Auditing | Collateral holding and insurance | Consulting | PLEX for Good Charity
Twitter channel |

Ms Bax
Union Of EVE
6
|
Posted - 2012.07.28 15:26:00 -
[26] - Quote
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:Ms Bax wrote:All mineral prices appear to be on a downward slope at the moment. At least when I look at prices in JIta and the other major trade hubs (yes I use Cerlestes). This surpriced me as I actually thought it would stay at the previous level for a longer time. :Summer:
could be. Should be less miners during summer too though. |

Dave stark
Bombardier Inc
304
|
Posted - 2012.07.28 16:56:00 -
[27] - Quote
Ms Bax wrote:Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:Ms Bax wrote:All mineral prices appear to be on a downward slope at the moment. At least when I look at prices in JIta and the other major trade hubs (yes I use Cerlestes). This surpriced me as I actually thought it would stay at the previous level for a longer time. :Summer: could be. Should be less miners during summer too though.
more* afk mining while setting up the bbq! Reading my posts is like panning for gold; most it will be useless, but occasionally you'll find a nugget of gold. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |