| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Gravimetric
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 01:18:00 -
[1]
Well, the lab slot unrenting bug continues to cause problems. I've now lost enough to this bug that additional accounts are no longer needed and are thus being cancelled. CCP, more lab slots and/or slots that don't unrent when used are costing you revenue. 
|

Gravimetric
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 01:18:00 -
[2]
Well, the lab slot unrenting bug continues to cause problems. I've now lost enough to this bug that additional accounts are no longer needed and are thus being cancelled. CCP, more lab slots and/or slots that don't unrent when used are costing you revenue. 
|

Shintai
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 01:23:00 -
[3]
To get a new lab is not _that_ hard. And yes I had to find myself a new lab not long ago.
Also POS labs are coming withing next 2-3 patches. That might help abit aswell.
Abstraction and Transcendence: Nature, Shintai, and Geometry |

Shintai
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 01:23:00 -
[4]
To get a new lab is not _that_ hard. And yes I had to find myself a new lab not long ago.
Also POS labs are coming withing next 2-3 patches. That might help abit aswell.
Abstraction and Transcendence: Nature, Shintai, and Geometry |

Drusilla
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 03:23:00 -
[5]
By what method do you find new lab slots?
|

Drusilla
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 03:23:00 -
[6]
By what method do you find new lab slots?
|

Jelerak
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 05:20:00 -
[7]
I got my mine by making an effort.
|

Jelerak
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 05:20:00 -
[8]
I got my mine by making an effort.
|

Nemiona
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 09:02:00 -
[9]
lab slot is not a very big problem, I had 8 labslots, 6 in the same station before I gave some to corp members.
I found myself a system with labslot and moved my operations to that system/station. it was not a crowded system. now, everytime I docked, I checked the lab for free slots. in one week I had 4 slots, then next week I had 6 slots.
------ The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive. John Sladek |

Nemiona
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 09:02:00 -
[10]
lab slot is not a very big problem, I had 8 labslots, 6 in the same station before I gave some to corp members.
I found myself a system with labslot and moved my operations to that system/station. it was not a crowded system. now, everytime I docked, I checked the lab for free slots. in one week I had 4 slots, then next week I had 6 slots.
------ The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive. John Sladek |

Phades
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 11:41:00 -
[11]
/\/\ How exactly did you know that those aforementioned labs were voluntarily relinquished when you found them, instead of the bug that continues to exist? I am positive it is "easy" to find them casually if the owner is not online or doesnt know that the slot was unrented...
|

Phades
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 11:41:00 -
[12]
/\/\ How exactly did you know that those aforementioned labs were voluntarily relinquished when you found them, instead of the bug that continues to exist? I am positive it is "easy" to find them casually if the owner is not online or doesnt know that the slot was unrented...
|

Bangkirai
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 11:50:00 -
[13]
Yup finding a lab slot is not difficult for 24/7 people i assume?
How hard is it for people that only play 1 a 2 hours a day?
|

Bangkirai
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 11:50:00 -
[14]
Yup finding a lab slot is not difficult for 24/7 people i assume?
How hard is it for people that only play 1 a 2 hours a day?
|

Nemiona
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 13:19:00 -
[15]
well I guess there is a 90% chance that the owner didnt loose them on purpose, maybe they wasnt paying rent or not having a bpo there, causing them to be freed.. I cant possibly know. What I know is that it didnt bug when I had them, and afaik none of them I gave away did either.
a player that plays 1-2 hours each day... I dont think you will find a labslot unless youre very lucky or buy one.. about playing 1-2 hours... not much in eve is made for players that stay online for only 1-2 hours. If I only had that time I think I would play some other game..
------ The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive. John Sladek |

Nemiona
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 13:19:00 -
[16]
well I guess there is a 90% chance that the owner didnt loose them on purpose, maybe they wasnt paying rent or not having a bpo there, causing them to be freed.. I cant possibly know. What I know is that it didnt bug when I had them, and afaik none of them I gave away did either.
a player that plays 1-2 hours each day... I dont think you will find a labslot unless youre very lucky or buy one.. about playing 1-2 hours... not much in eve is made for players that stay online for only 1-2 hours. If I only had that time I think I would play some other game..
------ The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive. John Sladek |

Lauriers
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 14:32:00 -
[17]
I only play 1 or 2 hours a day but I found 2 lab slots in nonni quite easily. They are there, you just have to search for them
|

Lauriers
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 14:32:00 -
[18]
I only play 1 or 2 hours a day but I found 2 lab slots in nonni quite easily. They are there, you just have to search for them
|

Styxx
|
Posted - 2004.12.30 19:11:00 -
[19]
I got one or 2 for sale (lab slots) 10 million each in Ghesis. Just let me know.
|

Styxx
|
Posted - 2004.12.30 19:11:00 -
[20]
I got one or 2 for sale (lab slots) 10 million each in Ghesis. Just let me know.
|

Hot Space
|
Posted - 2005.01.17 17:58:00 -
[21]
well i lost 3 labs in one day to bug :/ im' 100% sure the the bpo we still in research but for some reason (and bills where payed) they ejected the bpo and the labs unrented themself.
Resigned CEO of UPS
|

Carter Burke
|
Posted - 2005.01.17 18:50:00 -
[22]
If it helps, here's what I have found about the bug - I've experimented a lot using factory slots on this, since they seemt to have the same issue.
Cause of "un-renting" seems to be
1. nothing was added to the slot since the last rental period ended, and 2. there is no item currently in the slot when the current rental period ends.
This results in a situation like this:
1. Rental period rolls over, BPO is in slot doing some activity. Renter pays up. 2. BPO finishes activity sometime after (1.), is ejected from slot, slot is now empty. 3. Rental period rolls over, there is no BPO in slot performing activity, and no new activity was registered since last rental period. 4. System checks first for presence of BPO in slot (negative), then checks for any new action that was performed in lab since last rollover (negative), and un-rents slot.
Note that this occurs for two checks: there was no new activity, and the last job was completed before the rollover, so there was no BPO in the slot.
Another situation: 1. Rental period rolls over, BPO in slot performing activity. Renter pays. 2. BPO finishes job, ejects to hangar, slot now empty. 3. Renter selects a BPO for some action, begins action in lab slot. System stores begin date of new action. 4. New action with new BPO completes, BPO ejects to hangar, slot now empty. 5. Rental period rolls over - system checks first whether an item is in slot (negative), then whether any new activity was begun since last rental period (affirmative, step 3) - slot does not unrent.
Another: 1. Rental period rolls over, BPO is performing activity in slot, renter pays up. 2. BPO never exits slot, job continues. 3. Rental period rolls over, BPO is performing activity in slot, renter pays up. No un-rental occurs.
These situations are not exhaustive - there may be others that generate an un-rental event. If you come across one that does not fit the above pattern(s), please list it. I have maintained four slots for the past six months on the assumption that these three cases are the only ones, so I would consider this a pretty successful tactic in avoiding the bug(s).
Hope this helps -
CB
|

Kaht'kan
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 10:58:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Nemiona well I guess there is a 90% chance that the owner didnt loose them on purpose, maybe they wasnt paying rent or not having a bpo there, causing them to be freed.. I cant possibly know. What I know is that it didnt bug when I had them, and afaik none of them I gave away did either.
a player that plays 1-2 hours each day... I dont think you will find a labslot unless youre very lucky or buy one.. about playing 1-2 hours... not much in eve is made for players that stay online for only 1-2 hours. If I only had that time I think I would play some other game..
Thank you - you've made me see the light!
My choice is simple:
- Quit work, go back to live with my parents and continue playing EVE
- Stop playing EVE and go play something else

Originally by: Carter Burke If it helps, here's what I have found about the bug - I've experimented a lot using factory slots on this, since they seemt to have the same issue.
...
Unrenting also seems to occur even if a BPO is being researched in the lab slot
By the way, i do know of someone that simply left EVE in disgust after all his (5) lab slots were unrented due to the unrent bug.
|

Suzy Reed
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 11:36:00 -
[24]
I lost 10+ lab slots this way. Most of them were copying bs bpo's (they would all run for quite a few years), while some were researching ship ME, and set to go thousand levels.
All bills were payed.
This is in an area with high competiveness for the research slots, and gaining new slots won't be done easily. POS research will probably be my only hope left...
|

Mari Y'Tuk
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 14:19:00 -
[25]
Since i started putting in BPO's for extensive runs and cancelling when i was happy I have not lost a Lab slot (8 slots, 6 months), before that i lost more than 20.
I did however suffer from lab theft. anyone with factory manager can eject the BPO (you get notified in eve-mail) to cause the bug to happen.
or if they got rent rights (before big patch factory manager was enough) to simply unrent the lab, you get no notification.
If its the bug, the rent for the next rental period will be refunded to you or the corp, no refund equals theft/unpaid bills.
Refund equals bug, check for ejection notices
considering the rate i was losing labs before i switched management style, then the 100% success rate afterwardsd, i have a hard time believing some peep when they say it unrented while a BPO was in the lab
My Production Spreadsheet, Most T1 Bp data, Located here. |

Carter Burke
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 16:27:00 -
[26]
Yeah, as much as I'd like to attribute stuff like that to the bug, when I see cases where a complete set of slots get vanished all at once, that looks like a version of corp theft to me. 5+ slots all in the same station can be worth upwards of 100M to someone.
CB
|

Suzy Reed
|
Posted - 2005.01.20 10:06:00 -
[27]
Uhm, I'm a one-man corp (allthough with alts), so corp theft is kinda impossible.
|

Carter Burke
|
Posted - 2005.01.20 20:02:00 -
[28]
Guess that rules out that theory then. Do you recall anything peculiar about the situation at all, other than it actually happened?
CB
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |