| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Cheeky
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 05:12:00 -
[1]
OK look guys, I know you are all desperate for lab slots but you need to take some precautions. A guy named Eirich is ready to rip you off when ever he can. Likely after this post he will make a new alt and go about saying lab slots for sale as someone else. Now I am not saying my corp wasnt stupid enough to fall for it and handed this guy 8 mil isk, but I am saying look at who dislikes these guys and perhaps ask them why. Little Eirich has one 1 guy in his corp which means its unlikely he has had the ability to aquire as many labs as he claims. Also he admits he is a scammer see the log below. So take my advice and pod him in .4 or below and ensure you do not do fall for his tricks when he comes into your area. I have been able to stop 3 other corporations from buying from this guy. I would imagine he has used what I describe as a exploit in the game to rip people off for quite a health profit. Why an exploit? Is there anyway for you to prove this person has a slot or to ensure you get the lab slot when you hand over your money? No there is not thus even if you only hand him half of what he wants he makes isk and can do whatever he wants. Thus it is a exploit in the dynamics of the game because CCP has not made it so you have some kind of interface to transfer/sell slots to other people. ---------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: Channel ID: (('convo', ((72461001106L, 81271001108L), (1802602137, 222873577, 1967302747), (797561443, 2026993493, None))),) Channel Name: Eirich Converstation Listener: Knerf Session started: 2004.12.16 04:35:23 ---------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2004.12.16 04:35:27 ] Eirich > hi there [ 2004.12.16 04:35:30 ] Knerf > hello [ 2004.12.16 04:35:35 ] Knerf > how much for slots? [ 2004.12.16 04:35:55 ] Eirich > varies, depending on the slot, and price is slightly negotiable [ 2004.12.16 04:36:01 ] Eirich > how much would you consider paying? [ 2004.12.16 04:36:21 ] Knerf > oooh, wait, was looking for my corp but Reaso just said your a scamming 12 year old [ 2004.12.16 04:36:23 ] Knerf > nm [ 2004.12.16 04:36:55 ] Eirich > lol, whatever. I'm 47 and not 12 tho ;) [ 2004.12.16 04:37:15 ] Knerf > still a scammer though [ 2004.12.16 04:37:28 ] Eirich > now that I won't deny ;) [ 2004.12.16 04:37:32 ] Knerf > lol [ 2004.12.16 04:37:35 ] Eirich > bye bye ;) [ 2004.12.16 04:37:36 ] Knerf > at least you dont do that
|

Cheeky
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 05:12:00 -
[2]
OK look guys, I know you are all desperate for lab slots but you need to take some precautions. A guy named Eirich is ready to rip you off when ever he can. Likely after this post he will make a new alt and go about saying lab slots for sale as someone else. Now I am not saying my corp wasnt stupid enough to fall for it and handed this guy 8 mil isk, but I am saying look at who dislikes these guys and perhaps ask them why. Little Eirich has one 1 guy in his corp which means its unlikely he has had the ability to aquire as many labs as he claims. Also he admits he is a scammer see the log below. So take my advice and pod him in .4 or below and ensure you do not do fall for his tricks when he comes into your area. I have been able to stop 3 other corporations from buying from this guy. I would imagine he has used what I describe as a exploit in the game to rip people off for quite a health profit. Why an exploit? Is there anyway for you to prove this person has a slot or to ensure you get the lab slot when you hand over your money? No there is not thus even if you only hand him half of what he wants he makes isk and can do whatever he wants. Thus it is a exploit in the dynamics of the game because CCP has not made it so you have some kind of interface to transfer/sell slots to other people. ---------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: Channel ID: (('convo', ((72461001106L, 81271001108L), (1802602137, 222873577, 1967302747), (797561443, 2026993493, None))),) Channel Name: Eirich Converstation Listener: Knerf Session started: 2004.12.16 04:35:23 ---------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2004.12.16 04:35:27 ] Eirich > hi there [ 2004.12.16 04:35:30 ] Knerf > hello [ 2004.12.16 04:35:35 ] Knerf > how much for slots? [ 2004.12.16 04:35:55 ] Eirich > varies, depending on the slot, and price is slightly negotiable [ 2004.12.16 04:36:01 ] Eirich > how much would you consider paying? [ 2004.12.16 04:36:21 ] Knerf > oooh, wait, was looking for my corp but Reaso just said your a scamming 12 year old [ 2004.12.16 04:36:23 ] Knerf > nm [ 2004.12.16 04:36:55 ] Eirich > lol, whatever. I'm 47 and not 12 tho ;) [ 2004.12.16 04:37:15 ] Knerf > still a scammer though [ 2004.12.16 04:37:28 ] Eirich > now that I won't deny ;) [ 2004.12.16 04:37:32 ] Knerf > lol [ 2004.12.16 04:37:35 ] Eirich > bye bye ;) [ 2004.12.16 04:37:36 ] Knerf > at least you dont do that
|

Archbishop
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 07:01:00 -
[3]
You know in all honesty I wouldn't buy a lab slot from someone unless they were an established player (6 months minimum) in an established reputable corp (no not the six month one man alt corp either).
While that wouldn't stop every scam it would probably limit the chances of you being taken.
Archbishop 
VISIT THE PIE HOMEPAGE & FORUMS PIE INFORMATION CENTER |

Archbishop
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 07:01:00 -
[4]
You know in all honesty I wouldn't buy a lab slot from someone unless they were an established player (6 months minimum) in an established reputable corp (no not the six month one man alt corp either).
While that wouldn't stop every scam it would probably limit the chances of you being taken.
Archbishop 
VISIT THE PIE HOMEPAGE & FORUMS PIE INFORMATION CENTER |

Kyar
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 10:44:00 -
[5]
Just got scammed out of 5 mil isk from a guy called 'DO IT'
Another 1 not to buy labs from, and to be podded on site.
|

Kyar
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 10:44:00 -
[6]
Just got scammed out of 5 mil isk from a guy called 'DO IT'
Another 1 not to buy labs from, and to be podded on site.
|

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 10:48:00 -
[7]
I am STILL trying to sell a labslot in Korama. 25mil - absolutely genuine.
______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 10:48:00 -
[8]
I am STILL trying to sell a labslot in Korama. 25mil - absolutely genuine.
______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

0seeker0
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 10:55:00 -
[9]
I will be a third party for anybody not a million miles away from genesis.
Trouble is youl have loads of scammers now claiming to be third parties. i have been in contact with naga loot shop, and they are willing to be third parties for 10%-15% of the transaction. Contact "freewheeling" to speak to NAGA (he runs it)
Also, check my bio in game. i have a list of scammes in it, and a link to a more extensive list (just like in my sig)
Sorry to hear you got scammed dude, (ive been scammed too)
San. Character "Widescreen" is a scammer; beware.
Check my bio for a list of known scammers.
|

0seeker0
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 10:55:00 -
[10]
I will be a third party for anybody not a million miles away from genesis.
Trouble is youl have loads of scammers now claiming to be third parties. i have been in contact with naga loot shop, and they are willing to be third parties for 10%-15% of the transaction. Contact "freewheeling" to speak to NAGA (he runs it)
Also, check my bio in game. i have a list of scammes in it, and a link to a more extensive list (just like in my sig)
Sorry to hear you got scammed dude, (ive been scammed too)
San. Character "Widescreen" is a scammer; beware.
Check my bio for a list of known scammers.
|

Sergeant Spot
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 11:20:00 -
[11]
Using a group like NAGA is well worth the fee, especially for things like Labs.
|

Sergeant Spot
|
Posted - 2004.12.21 11:20:00 -
[12]
Using a group like NAGA is well worth the fee, especially for things like Labs.
|

Cheeky
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:37:00 -
[13]
Eirich has scammers listed in his bio as well. So even with that in some peoples bio's I wouldnt make that lead you to believe they are legit. As stated by Archbishop, make sure they are estabilished.
|

Cheeky
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:37:00 -
[14]
Eirich has scammers listed in his bio as well. So even with that in some peoples bio's I wouldnt make that lead you to believe they are legit. As stated by Archbishop, make sure they are estabilished.
|

flummox
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:46:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Avon I am STILL trying to sell a labslot in Korama. 25mil - absolutely genuine.
no limerick. no sale!
there is a fine, but dissasterous line between a fart and a shart. i suggest you make sure which side you want to be on... |

flummox
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:46:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Avon I am STILL trying to sell a labslot in Korama. 25mil - absolutely genuine.
no limerick. no sale!
there is a fine, but dissasterous line between a fart and a shart. i suggest you make sure which side you want to be on... |

Braaage
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 23:01:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Braaage on 22/12/2004 23:04:25 It's funny, it's easy to spot a scammer a mile off......
I bought a lab slot from Tarkeem Mai, I can say his name cos this wasn't a scam but a genuine sale. But when I asked for slots near to where I was and he answered there was several things I checked.....
1) He wasn't a new player (new players would be EXTREMELY lucky to get lab slots)
2) He didn't hesitate on stating where the lab was (MANY MANY DO THIS even though they are out to scam and should have the info up front)
3) He was in a corp ..... now I'm not..... I guess that could have gone against me but I have a history that's easy to check so he could see that I have been in previous corps (as it is atm I prefer to work/play doing my own thing).
4) I told him I would not pay anything up front even though I set the price.. this was a bluff, if he was scamming he would have "bitten" here, even though I didn't want to pay all up front.
5) Tarkeem asked for a 50/50 .... this is good .... Settle on a 50/50 before and after that way if the scammer has a genuine slot and he has someone in the station to pinch it you only lose half....
6) Ask in the "Real Estate" channel about the person your trading with, known scammers are known to a lot of people who go in that channel, it doesn't cost anything to ask for a reference.
7) If it feels dodgy the buyer is in the driving seat, simply pull the plug and don't do it.... a scammer will be more ****ed than a genuine trader.
8) Now this one I do but I doubt many even bother to look at ... I check Escrow for that persons name... If they list an item check that it's real, if it isn't you have your answer immediately whether this is a scam or not.
Think before you leap....
___________________________________________ http://www.eve-tutor.com
Picture based tutorial site for EVE-Online |

Braaage
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 23:01:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Braaage on 22/12/2004 23:04:25 It's funny, it's easy to spot a scammer a mile off......
I bought a lab slot from Tarkeem Mai, I can say his name cos this wasn't a scam but a genuine sale. But when I asked for slots near to where I was and he answered there was several things I checked.....
1) He wasn't a new player (new players would be EXTREMELY lucky to get lab slots)
2) He didn't hesitate on stating where the lab was (MANY MANY DO THIS even though they are out to scam and should have the info up front)
3) He was in a corp ..... now I'm not..... I guess that could have gone against me but I have a history that's easy to check so he could see that I have been in previous corps (as it is atm I prefer to work/play doing my own thing).
4) I told him I would not pay anything up front even though I set the price.. this was a bluff, if he was scamming he would have "bitten" here, even though I didn't want to pay all up front.
5) Tarkeem asked for a 50/50 .... this is good .... Settle on a 50/50 before and after that way if the scammer has a genuine slot and he has someone in the station to pinch it you only lose half....
6) Ask in the "Real Estate" channel about the person your trading with, known scammers are known to a lot of people who go in that channel, it doesn't cost anything to ask for a reference.
7) If it feels dodgy the buyer is in the driving seat, simply pull the plug and don't do it.... a scammer will be more ****ed than a genuine trader.
8) Now this one I do but I doubt many even bother to look at ... I check Escrow for that persons name... If they list an item check that it's real, if it isn't you have your answer immediately whether this is a scam or not.
Think before you leap....
___________________________________________ http://www.eve-tutor.com
Picture based tutorial site for EVE-Online |

Damajink
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 23:43:00 -
[19]
Can anyone fill me in on exactly HOW you buy a labslot? As far as I know, there is no way to actually trade the slot, so you just send the guy some money and hope he unrents the slot and you're quick enough to re-rent it before someone else?
|

Damajink
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 23:43:00 -
[20]
Can anyone fill me in on exactly HOW you buy a labslot? As far as I know, there is no way to actually trade the slot, so you just send the guy some money and hope he unrents the slot and you're quick enough to re-rent it before someone else?
|

Braaage
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 23:47:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Damajink Can anyone fill me in on exactly HOW you buy a labslot? As far as I know, there is no way to actually trade the slot, so you just send the guy some money and hope he unrents the slot and you're quick enough to re-rent it before someone else?
That's how it's done, there is no secure way but then again if there wasn't a shortage and CCP still haven't sorted that out, then this wouldn't be a problem. ___________________________________________ http://www.eve-tutor.com
Picture based tutorial site for EVE-Online |

Braaage
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 23:47:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Damajink Can anyone fill me in on exactly HOW you buy a labslot? As far as I know, there is no way to actually trade the slot, so you just send the guy some money and hope he unrents the slot and you're quick enough to re-rent it before someone else?
That's how it's done, there is no secure way but then again if there wasn't a shortage and CCP still haven't sorted that out, then this wouldn't be a problem. ___________________________________________ http://www.eve-tutor.com
Picture based tutorial site for EVE-Online |

NephI AsantE
|
Posted - 2005.01.03 21:38:00 -
[23]
Edited by: NephI AsantE on 05/01/2005 15:25:50 Yeah, my friend Talidorn got hit by Eirich. 3.5M isk gone... poof! Even using smarts when attempting to buy doesn't keep you safe.
Perhaps the real estate portion of the game should be fixed quickly. I run more than one account and am willing to leave the game over such an easy system to scam new players. Do you know how long it takes a noob to earn enough for a lab? Well Talidorn, back to supply running to earn back those 3.5M isk you lost.
Thanks,
"Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection." -D&C 130:18
Is your clone up2date? |

Icarus Starkiller
|
Posted - 2005.01.03 22:02:00 -
[24]
What we need here is a 'thief' button... Call it 'reporting a crime'.
You can only do it once a day to a particular individual, but each hit lowers the person's affective sercurity rating by .1 for ten days.
People like this Eirich and 'Do It', ore thieves, and general griefers will quickly find their security ratings plummeting.
And if their fool enough to do it to someone who has a strong corp behind them... they're skrewed.
Just my $.02
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |