| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 17:29:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Dalron on 22/12/2004 20:26:13 Title Changed from Extravaganza to Slaughter by: Dalron on 22/12/2004 17:31:08 Wow I thought when I saw this mission.. 10 BM's with LOADS of rats and BS to kill.. Nice 3% Speed Increase hardwiring as a reward. (18mil in bounties total).
But the first 4 BM's took me 2.5 hours.. Then I had to go to bed (real life you know) and I realised that there's no way that I'm going to be able to do the next 6 BM's in the hour I have left (between getting back from work and the 24 hours allowed for the mission) is up. I didnt even think about the time bonus (125,000 light missiles!) to complete it in 45 mins.. even with a bunch of friends that just was not going to happen.
CCP we have lives outside of EVE.. if you are going to make these missions take an age to do then please give us longer to do them. The time bonus should be shortish (but possible) but the overall time to complete it should give us a lot of leeway. (This is a game after all.. I play to have FUN).
I'm just going to have to lose the standing (quite a lot) and be happy with the 12mil I've made out of it (and 7 Palladium tags) but it would have been nice to be able to complete it. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 17:29:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Dalron on 22/12/2004 20:26:13 Title Changed from Extravaganza to Slaughter by: Dalron on 22/12/2004 17:31:08 Wow I thought when I saw this mission.. 10 BM's with LOADS of rats and BS to kill.. Nice 3% Speed Increase hardwiring as a reward. (18mil in bounties total).
But the first 4 BM's took me 2.5 hours.. Then I had to go to bed (real life you know) and I realised that there's no way that I'm going to be able to do the next 6 BM's in the hour I have left (between getting back from work and the 24 hours allowed for the mission) is up. I didnt even think about the time bonus (125,000 light missiles!) to complete it in 45 mins.. even with a bunch of friends that just was not going to happen.
CCP we have lives outside of EVE.. if you are going to make these missions take an age to do then please give us longer to do them. The time bonus should be shortish (but possible) but the overall time to complete it should give us a lot of leeway. (This is a game after all.. I play to have FUN).
I'm just going to have to lose the standing (quite a lot) and be happy with the 12mil I've made out of it (and 7 Palladium tags) but it would have been nice to be able to complete it. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Lord Anubis
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 17:50:00 -
[3]
BMs er ant there 5 rooms in a comlix style
You cant beat Death But you can make the bastard work hard for it
wtb Jerek Zuomi's Insignia |

Lord Anubis
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 17:50:00 -
[4]
BMs er ant there 5 rooms in a comlix style
You cant beat Death But you can make the bastard work hard for it
wtb Jerek Zuomi's Insignia |

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:26:00 -
[5]
Apologies.. got the name mixed up. It was Pirate Slaughter. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:26:00 -
[6]
Apologies.. got the name mixed up. It was Pirate Slaughter. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

MachineMk2
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:35:00 -
[7]
I think the bonus time limits on the level 4's need to be extended in general.
|

MachineMk2
|
Posted - 2004.12.22 20:35:00 -
[8]
I think the bonus time limits on the level 4's need to be extended in general.
|

Quanova
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 14:27:00 -
[9]
Originally by: MachineMk2 I think the bonus time limits on the level 4's need to be extended in general.
I beg to differ: In general there's enough time to finish Lvl 4 missions within bonus time limits. I'd estimate in 80% or more of the missions I'm doing -and that is doing solo- I'm able to finish within bonus time. It does need some preparation, though, and you might have to change your tactics and equipment. (Hint: In most cases you don't have to pick up the loot right away. Make a bookmark, finish the mission and come back to fill your cargo hold.) There might be some missions which set a time limit too short to accomplish, even with the help of friends. Those missions should be adjusted individually.
In reply to the original poster: You've got a point there. I can see no harm done by extending the mission time limit to 48 hours or more. No one's gonna reap big profits from such an extension and it would allow casual players to do those missions, too.
|

Quanova
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 14:27:00 -
[10]
Originally by: MachineMk2 I think the bonus time limits on the level 4's need to be extended in general.
I beg to differ: In general there's enough time to finish Lvl 4 missions within bonus time limits. I'd estimate in 80% or more of the missions I'm doing -and that is doing solo- I'm able to finish within bonus time. It does need some preparation, though, and you might have to change your tactics and equipment. (Hint: In most cases you don't have to pick up the loot right away. Make a bookmark, finish the mission and come back to fill your cargo hold.) There might be some missions which set a time limit too short to accomplish, even with the help of friends. Those missions should be adjusted individually.
In reply to the original poster: You've got a point there. I can see no harm done by extending the mission time limit to 48 hours or more. No one's gonna reap big profits from such an extension and it would allow casual players to do those missions, too.
|

chillz
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 14:29:00 -
[11]
You should have taken some mates with you. ----------------------------------- A gun and a packet of sandwiches.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson
|

chillz
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 14:29:00 -
[12]
You should have taken some mates with you. ----------------------------------- A gun and a packet of sandwiches.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson
|

Hellek
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 14:42:00 -
[13]
was that implant a loot drop or a reward? I checked most cans (but not all) and didn't find anything good in any of the cans. only one out of the 4 BS dropped a can at all.
|

Hellek
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 14:42:00 -
[14]
was that implant a loot drop or a reward? I checked most cans (but not all) and didn't find anything good in any of the cans. only one out of the 4 BS dropped a can at all.
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 17:25:00 -
[15]
Quote: You should have taken some mates with you.
Nobody was around to help 
Implant was a reward for the mission.. Most of the loot was awful.. out of 3 Core Elders they dropped one (unnamed) Large Electron Blaster. The Cruisers did ok tho, 1 250mm Carbide, 1 250mm Proto I and 7 Serpentis Palladium tags. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 17:25:00 -
[16]
Quote: You should have taken some mates with you.
Nobody was around to help 
Implant was a reward for the mission.. Most of the loot was awful.. out of 3 Core Elders they dropped one (unnamed) Large Electron Blaster. The Cruisers did ok tho, 1 250mm Carbide, 1 250mm Proto I and 7 Serpentis Palladium tags. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Sternburg Export
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 21:12:00 -
[17]
iŠve had this mission yesterday...
And i comleted it within 1 Hour. Had to kill: 6 BS, 86 cruisers, 49 frigs
The secret is u have to collect the loot after u finish the mission...
But i didnŠt got any Timebonus offered  only 1 mill as reward and 1600 LP...
____________________________ [ 2005.03.31 20:53:50 ] (mining) Your Basic Miner perfectly strikes Veldspar Roid, wrecking for 20 Ore units.
|

Sternburg Export
|
Posted - 2004.12.23 21:12:00 -
[18]
iŠve had this mission yesterday...
And i comleted it within 1 Hour. Had to kill: 6 BS, 86 cruisers, 49 frigs
The secret is u have to collect the loot after u finish the mission...
But i didnŠt got any Timebonus offered  only 1 mill as reward and 1600 LP...
____________________________ [ 2005.03.31 20:53:50 ] (mining) Your Basic Miner perfectly strikes Veldspar Roid, wrecking for 20 Ore units.
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 10:08:00 -
[19]
Cant remember the exact numbers when I did it but I know I had.. 9-10BS (2 groups of 3 Core Elders, 1 1.25mil Core BS, 2-3 solo Core Exec's) + lots of cruisers.
Oh.. not sure if this is an cheat... Kill all but one of a group just before downtime (I killed 2 of the core elders + the escorts).. come back after downtime and they are all back again! (nice extra 2mil).
What ship do you use ? ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 10:08:00 -
[20]
Cant remember the exact numbers when I did it but I know I had.. 9-10BS (2 groups of 3 Core Elders, 1 1.25mil Core BS, 2-3 solo Core Exec's) + lots of cruisers.
Oh.. not sure if this is an cheat... Kill all but one of a group just before downtime (I killed 2 of the core elders + the escorts).. come back after downtime and they are all back again! (nice extra 2mil).
What ship do you use ? ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Gungankllr
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 11:10:00 -
[21]
CCP has said multiple times that L4 missions are meant for groups.
If you look at it from that point of view, these missions aren't that hard, and don't take that long.
It's when you try to do everything solo that it takes forever and is very difficult.
Probably not what you want to hear, but that's just how it is.
www.hadean.org
|

Gungankllr
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 11:10:00 -
[22]
CCP has said multiple times that L4 missions are meant for groups.
If you look at it from that point of view, these missions aren't that hard, and don't take that long.
It's when you try to do everything solo that it takes forever and is very difficult.
Probably not what you want to hear, but that's just how it is.
www.hadean.org
|

Shirei
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 11:26:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Gungankllr If you look at it from that point of view, these missions aren't that hard, and don't take that long.
Some of the deadspace missions (Pirate Extravaganza, most notably) are even in groups virtually impossible to finish in the bonus time, though. 
|

Shirei
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 11:26:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Gungankllr If you look at it from that point of view, these missions aren't that hard, and don't take that long.
Some of the deadspace missions (Pirate Extravaganza, most notably) are even in groups virtually impossible to finish in the bonus time, though. 
|

Maule
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 12:53:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Gungankllr CCP has said multiple times that L4 missions are meant for groups.
If you look at it from that point of view, these missions aren't that hard, and don't take that long.
It's when you try to do everything solo that it takes forever and is very difficult.
Probably not what you want to hear, but that's just how it is.
Tbh they arent that hard.. IŠm taking kill missions from a lvl 4 agent and theres only 2 missions I cant take on my own and 1 of them is the damsel, cant remember the other mission.. and all the other missions I take mostly only take 1 hour max. most is under the 45min the bonus thing is... There is 2 missions i cant take under 1 hour and thats Unarthurized(sp?) military thing and mordus headhunter...
|

Maule
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 12:53:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Gungankllr CCP has said multiple times that L4 missions are meant for groups.
If you look at it from that point of view, these missions aren't that hard, and don't take that long.
It's when you try to do everything solo that it takes forever and is very difficult.
Probably not what you want to hear, but that's just how it is.
Tbh they arent that hard.. IŠm taking kill missions from a lvl 4 agent and theres only 2 missions I cant take on my own and 1 of them is the damsel, cant remember the other mission.. and all the other missions I take mostly only take 1 hour max. most is under the 45min the bonus thing is... There is 2 missions i cant take under 1 hour and thats Unarthurized(sp?) military thing and mordus headhunter...
|

Lardarz B'stard
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 14:10:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Lardarz B'stard on 24/12/2004 14:11:43 The Pirate Extravaganza bonus stage is a little nuts.
We tried in a group of 3 and I got promptly scrambled, webbed and generally obliterated.
Great Fun!!
No way on earth the actual mission bit can be done in 45 minutes. It takes longer than that just to do the travel.
edit - oh youre on about Pirate Slaughter - my mistake. That one can't be done in 45 mins either, unless you have like 8 people and they all have the different bookmarks for the locations. If that happened, then yes it would be very easy.
E.T. Radio - designed to enhance your flying experience.... http://radio.evesound.net:8000/evetrance.ogg.m3u |

Lardarz B'stard
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 14:10:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Lardarz B'stard on 24/12/2004 14:11:43 The Pirate Extravaganza bonus stage is a little nuts.
We tried in a group of 3 and I got promptly scrambled, webbed and generally obliterated.
Great Fun!!
No way on earth the actual mission bit can be done in 45 minutes. It takes longer than that just to do the travel.
edit - oh youre on about Pirate Slaughter - my mistake. That one can't be done in 45 mins either, unless you have like 8 people and they all have the different bookmarks for the locations. If that happened, then yes it would be very easy.
E.T. Radio - designed to enhance your flying experience.... http://radio.evesound.net:8000/evetrance.ogg.m3u |

hatchette
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 19:12:00 -
[29]
well... you can't say slaughter without laughter;)
|

hatchette
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 19:12:00 -
[30]
well... you can't say slaughter without laughter;)
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 22:25:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Dalron on 24/12/2004 22:27:36 I dont mind the bonus time (tho it is impossibly low) I just want the total time given to complete the mission increased. So those of us that dont spend 24/7 on Eve get a chance to complete it this change would be easy enough.. wouldnt unbalance anything and would make things much easier for us casual mission runners. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

Dalron
|
Posted - 2004.12.24 22:25:00 -
[32]
Edited by: Dalron on 24/12/2004 22:27:36 I dont mind the bonus time (tho it is impossibly low) I just want the total time given to complete the mission increased. So those of us that dont spend 24/7 on Eve get a chance to complete it this change would be easy enough.. wouldnt unbalance anything and would make things much easier for us casual mission runners. ---
2004.11.19 23:30:17 Your Ion Blaster Cannon I perfectly strikes Elder Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 583.8 damage.
|

kebab v2
|
Posted - 2004.12.26 11:01:00 -
[33]
im currently running this mission atm although it lists no bonus reward? weird.
|

kebab v2
|
Posted - 2004.12.26 11:01:00 -
[34]
im currently running this mission atm although it lists no bonus reward? weird.
|

X'Alor
|
Posted - 2004.12.27 16:47:00 -
[35]
HAHAHA
this is rare, a whine thread about not being able to make the bonus reward for a lvl 4 mission SOLO.
even though they were not intended to be done solo and has been stated by DEV's since the ea of lvl 4's were even mentioned.
One would think most would be content with running lvl 4 missions solo to reap the rewards solo, not split any of the bounties, get all loot, get all HUGH LP on your own time. Not to mention that your uberness and prestige of being able to run them solo.
whatever. I want it all and I want it to be easy as pie for me myself and I.
nice. this is one high quality thread.
I would assume the pirate slaughter is like the lvl 3 extravaganza.
I left overnight incomplete but all rats dead and next day after downtime...... warped to mission location to find nothing. all gates erased, all left over building erased and nothing left of the mission.
I guess that will be whine thread number two when you get home from work, log on, warp to location, and nothing there.
Good luck
|

X'Alor
|
Posted - 2004.12.27 16:47:00 -
[36]
HAHAHA
this is rare, a whine thread about not being able to make the bonus reward for a lvl 4 mission SOLO.
even though they were not intended to be done solo and has been stated by DEV's since the ea of lvl 4's were even mentioned.
One would think most would be content with running lvl 4 missions solo to reap the rewards solo, not split any of the bounties, get all loot, get all HUGH LP on your own time. Not to mention that your uberness and prestige of being able to run them solo.
whatever. I want it all and I want it to be easy as pie for me myself and I.
nice. this is one high quality thread.
I would assume the pirate slaughter is like the lvl 3 extravaganza.
I left overnight incomplete but all rats dead and next day after downtime...... warped to mission location to find nothing. all gates erased, all left over building erased and nothing left of the mission.
I guess that will be whine thread number two when you get home from work, log on, warp to location, and nothing there.
Good luck
|

Yeux Gris
|
Posted - 2005.01.04 20:43:00 -
[37]
Lolz...
I pick and choose my missions till i am more used to my "newish 2nd hand only old lady owner" Raven battleship :)
I can or am sure i can do all non DS missions easy. some fast some not. I am waiting for my mate to join me on weeks end so that we may nuke the crap out of the harder missions :)

Who let the cows out?! mOo. mOo. mOo.. mOo mOo...!
WTB 8x 280mm Scout Howies. Will pay 20% more than Naga's current price |

Busko Moonwalker
|
Posted - 2005.01.05 06:57:00 -
[38]
Well there is one thing that ****meoff when ccp say they are for group.
Then ALL in groups should get Reward, Sec Rationg, LP and Time Bonus.
Then i bet more peeps would do mission together..
ITs hard to get gangs. coz everone wants there reward and stuff no one wants to tag along for just a bounty...
/Busko
|

Necronomicon
|
Posted - 2005.01.05 10:50:00 -
[39]
I solo this in a littl over an hour (have another char to collect loot)
Starsi dont make Eve Pilots, but if they did, i wouldnt be one of them. |

Necronomicon
|
Posted - 2005.01.05 10:51:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Necronomicon on 05/01/2005 10:51:48 Bah, dbl post
Starsi dont make Eve Pilots, but if they did, i wouldnt be one of them. |

Gungankllr
|
Posted - 2005.01.05 11:30:00 -
[41]
The Silence the Informant mission was pretty brutal.
The First and third stages were easy, but stage two was a real nutbuster.
Supreme Drone Patriarch anyone?

www.hadean.org
|

Diicc Tater
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 10:54:00 -
[42]
I wont accept that this is a solo-possible mission until I see it with my own eyes. 
Lost my Armageddon yesterday to the total missile bombardement. Ravens are far better as for now when it comes to this slaughterfest mission. It was almost worth it tho, great fun to get this kind of resistance since LVL3 missions have been whimped down.
|

Armaged
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 13:18:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Diicc Tater I wont accept that this is a solo-possible mission until I see it with my own eyes. 
Lost my Armageddon yesterday to the total missile bombardement. Ravens are far better as for now when it comes to this slaughterfest mission. It was almost worth it tho, great fun to get this kind of resistance since LVL3 missions have been whimped down.
I've got 81 Bantams and 2 Osprey's sitting in my hangar that prove this one is doable in the time for the bonus.
|

Diicc Tater
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 14:48:00 -
[44]
Edited by: Diicc Tater on 19/01/2005 14:49:27
Originally by: Armaged
I've got 81 Bantams and 2 Osprey's sitting in my hangar that prove this one is doable in the time for the bonus.
Sure...but solo? Need to see it.. on 3 peps it's under 1 hour. 
81 Bantams! wtf...BOnus?
|

Armaged
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 16:12:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Diicc Tater Edited by: Diicc Tater on 19/01/2005 14:49:27
Originally by: Armaged
I've got 81 Bantams and 2 Osprey's sitting in my hangar that prove this one is doable in the time for the bonus.
Sure...but solo? Need to see it.. on 3 peps it's under 1 hour. 
81 Bantams! wtf...BOnus?
All i Do are solo unless I'm giving someone a hand.
And yes, bonuses. Twice for an Osprey, once for 41 Bantams and another time for 40.
That's not to say it's always done on time...
But it is quite possible.
|

Gazzaa29
|
Posted - 2005.01.19 17:42:00 -
[46]
I love that mission, I did it in just over an hour wiv a ctd in the middle. I didnt waist time on the cans tho, by the time u get the cans of crap u can do anouther 1-2 missions. There was no time bonas offerd for me either.
Talking bout the gms saying the missions r ment to b done in groups, y dont they fix the gang warps, ive tried to take a m8 along on a few ocasions but we can never get the gangwarp to work.
The pirate extrav mission is the only mission i cant c being possible in time for the bonas, the gates r just oo far apart wat r u sposed to do, take a inty 
I think the time to do missions should b increased tho for the ppl who have to bother wiv rl tho. Im only saying this cus i was farming the silence the informant mission for all those metals forgot the time lmt and failed the mission. The penelty made me upset.. 9.92 standing bak down to 9.27 thatle take ages to get bak :(
|

Star Bright
|
Posted - 2005.01.27 00:20:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Busko Moonwalker Well there is one thing that ****meoff when ccp say they are for group.
Then ALL in groups should get Reward, Sec Rationg, LP and Time Bonus.
Then i bet more peeps would do mission together..
ITs hard to get gangs. coz everone wants there reward and stuff no one wants to tag along for just a bounty...
/Busko
Agreed there Busko, there really is no point for others to help you out just to share YOUR reward, if you deemed them worthy of it. The mission should have a prompt of people you'd like to 'invite to gang' or should include those in your current gang, so that they all get the increase.
BTW, 9.92 standing to 9.27 is only a .65 drop, and if you check the changes in corp standing by right clicking and checking the transactions for the corp/agent, it's only a 6.5% drop. That's what, 2 or three level four missions? It really doesn't take much to gain that back, and I doubt that was a drop from the corp if you were looking at the standing on the agent's window.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |