| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Liang Nuren
Parsec Flux War.Pigs.
|
Posted - 2010.09.02 13:51:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Moose Burger cap stability is underated (unless ur in amarr space)
with cap stability, you can run mission reasonably well while still abusing the market via day trading, putting up and down contracts, and remote sell and make stuff while mission running.
To maximise mission running, cap stability is a must.
You can do all of this without cap stability, and I have done so.
-Liang -- Eve Forum ***** Extraordinaire On Twitter Blog
|

Moose Burger
|
Posted - 2010.09.02 14:00:00 -
[32]
I cant do it. Plus, with a cap booster, you cant 2 slot tank a golem, nor can you 3 slot tank a tengu.
|

Exaron
|
Posted - 2010.09.02 14:05:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Exaron on 02/09/2010 14:06:51 Well I use cap booster on my golem, with my X-Large booster since I don't want to pay billions of ISK for a sustained cap. If you know how to macro-manage your cap, you don't even need cap booster, however, it's just a safety belt. You never know when your connection will betray you. You may end up lagged while your booster is on and next thing your cap is empty.
|

Trebor Whettam
|
Posted - 2010.09.02 14:15:00 -
[34]
Edited by: Trebor Whettam on 02/09/2010 14:19:52
Originally by: Moose Burger I cant do it. Plus, with a cap booster, you cant 2 slot tank a golem, nor can you 3 slot tank a tengu.
I'm surprised, because managing a cap boosted tank requires very little effort compared to other activities (like managing TPs and redirecting misbehaving drones).
I can see the benefits of running a cap-stable minimum tank on a Golem, because Golems have big needs for medium slots and have solid natural cap regen. However, this doesn't really apply to Cruise Ravens and CNRs, which are the ships everyone puts cap boosters on.
My favorite thing about a cap boosted tank is that you pretty much never have to sweat the triggers. If you pop them early by accident or intention, you just crank up the absurdly powerful tank and go about your business. And you still get two free mid-slots.
|

Liang Nuren
Parsec Flux War.Pigs.
|
Posted - 2010.09.02 14:15:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Moose Burger I cant do it. Plus, with a cap booster, you cant 2 slot tank a golem, nor can you 3 slot tank a tengu.
Yeah well you mission for entire days at a go and I can't do that because my mind would explode from boredom. Also, 2 slot tanking a Golem sounds like madness at first pass. DG Invuln + some kind of deadspace booster - either a Pithum A-Type or a Pith C-Type XL depending on how large your ******* are?
-Liang -- Eve Forum ***** Extraordinaire On Twitter Blog
|

Moose Burger
|
Posted - 2010.09.02 14:30:00 -
[36]
pithum a, cn invul, and crystals
Minmatar ships do so little dps... unless you tank 8 gist thrones (or the em bs thimanajigs), its very easy to perma tank everything.
AB is a must for any golems, and extra painters for frigin cruisers and frigs.
|

Zyress
|
Posted - 2010.09.02 17:48:00 -
[37]
Most fits I've seen with cap boosters were active reppers either shield or armor. I really only know the Caldari side of things but all my mission fits are passive buffer tanks.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |