| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Regan Sativa
|
Posted - 2011.01.21 05:44:00 -
[1]
I tried to update eve Wednesday night and received the crash message people have been reporting. I've also attempted to run the repair tool and also received the HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found people have been reporting. Following all of this in a fit of frustration I uninstalled the game entirely. After downloading the game and installing it I tried to run the client and all I get is the Incursion splash screen and approx 1-1.5 min later the game exits, no sign of it running at all.
Processor :AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2200MHz Physical Memory :4096MB (4 x 1024 DDR-SDRAM ) Mainboard :Asus A8N-SLI Video Card :NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
all I'm running on this machine is Win Xp SP3 and this game, prior to attempting to update to latest patch the game ran flawlessly.
Please Help anyone?
|

Yalluto
Gallente Ascenda Group Free EVE Alliance
|
Posted - 2011.01.22 19:47:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Yalluto on 22/01/2011 19:48:34 Corrupt files supposedly for my case....
I've tried patching with online patcher, and the offline patcher...
I then removed both of my clients and tried to perform a full re-install... failed with corrupt files during the extraction...
I've tried downloading with IE and Firefox, same deal though...
I've now reformatted my computer and re-installed Win7-64bit. Over the network, where I copied the full-install file to before re-installing windows, I tried to install EVE and it failed as before...
Now I've downloaded the online installer and will try to go that path for the first time after re-installing windows but suspect it will fail...
I have not yet re-installed antivirus software, so only Win7 crapware will be able to get in the way, but I expect it to still fail...
The reason I have posted on Regan Sativa's thread is because I notice that we have a common graphics card, the NVidia GeForce 9800GT which I wished to log here.
Other system specs though are: Processor - AMD Phenom 925 Physical Memory - 4Gigs Corsair (black edition ready) memory (2x2GB 10666?? Or Rather 1600Mhz) Motherboard - MSI 870A-G54 Hard Drive - 1GB Western Digital SATA - AHCI GFX Card - EVGA NVidia GeForce 9800GT with latest NVidia Driver available 1/22/2011...
Windows is throwing no errors in the logs, so I'll just be waiting for the download to complete and then will post back. |

Regan Sativa
|
Posted - 2011.01.23 07:52:00 -
[3]
Thanks, I've updated the drivers for GeForce 9800Gt and reinstalled EVE from the offline package. Still no joy. Hope you can get it working :) |

Regan Sativa
|
Posted - 2011.01.25 05:42:00 -
[4]
The only thing we have in common is that we're both running the 9800GT.
The other posts I've replied to within this forum have one common message. Shut up! buy a new proc and/or GTFO! Which seems like a bunch of bull*hit to me, but I'm not here to complain just to pass on the message. It appears that the problem lies in our hardware ( I can only speak for myself) people in the other posts have said that if your hardware (proc) doesn't support SSE2 then your SOL. With that being said people go on to make all kinds of claims that you can buy hardware cheap etc. etc. etc. The best advice I can give is to download CPU-Z (google it very small prog) and find out if your proc supports SSE2. If it does then I suggest opening a petition to see if CCP cares enough to help out the .05% of the players this will happen to (CCP's words not mine) I wish you good luck and hope to see you soon in game (without having to spend any money on new/used hardware just to get the game running).
Cheers
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |