| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s) |
|

CCP Gangleri
Minmatar

|
Posted - 2011.01.24 13:32:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Baba Akili
What's an ALT?
It's also known as ⌥, see this wikipedia article for more detail  ------------------ Tester, Scrum Master Quality Assurance
|
|

Vincent Athena
|
Posted - 2011.01.24 16:16:00 -
[32]
In the known issues thread in Information Portal a mention is made of:
# Low quality characters - This setting has minimal impact on the avatar itself, most noticeable effect is the reduced lighting and shadow effects.
# Physically simulated cloth and hair - Disabling can have a drastic effect on performance.
# Character creation texture quality - This has a pretty big impact on memory usage.
Where are these options? Are they available on the Mac?
|

Vincent Athena
|
Posted - 2011.01.24 17:15:00 -
[33]
I got a reply to a bug report that was quite helpful, and want all other Mac users to know about:
Description: If you set the shader quality to low during the character creation process, you can not do sculpting. Setting it back to high recovers sculpting, but it is soooo sssllllloooowww. Character creation is much easier if you can do stuff with low shader settings, switch to high to see how it looks, then back to low to fix stuff fast.
// Hi, To resolve this if you need to change your shader setting with the NCC open, go back or forward one step, then return. Regards, BH Newmind //
And it works! Thank you BH Newmind!
|

Re'doubt
|
Posted - 2011.01.24 21:49:00 -
[34]
Hi guys. These are the issues I have found over the past few days while playing Eve on my macbook pro. I wanted to take a while to look at them myself before posting so I hopefully don't mislead the CCP peeps.
DESCRIPTION: -Honestly the Mac client seems to be running a lot smoother then before 1.1.1. I have not experienced any "Exceptions Raised" Error bugs on startup of the client. However I still am running with an edited .app name to counteract this problem. I am interested in seeing if it can be fixed in later patches.
-Have not experienced any in game lag.
-Have experienced issues between switching planets while in the planetary actions window. Client will suddenly exit while trying to switch from one planet window to another.
-Have not experienced any unexpected disconnects.
-Have not had issues exiting the client with Command+alt+ESC
-Have still experienced great difficulty creating a character. The Mac client still seems to lag SIGNIFICANTLY while creating a character with "High" texture settings and "High" Shader settings. However I did appreciate the free character redo + the changing of the ambiguous wording in the setup process.
HARDWARE + Computer: -Model Name:MacBook Pro Model Identifier:MacBookPro7,1 Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed:2.4 GHz Number Of Processors:1 Total Number Of Cores:2 L2 Cache:3 MB Memory:4 GB Bus Speed:1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version:MBP71.0039.B0B SMC Version (system):1.62f6
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M:
Chipset Model:NVIDIA GeForce 320M Type:GPU Bus:PCI VRAM (Total):256 MB Vendor:NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID:0x08a0 Revision ID:0x00a2 ROM Revision:3533 Displays: Color LCD: Resolution:1280 x 800 Pixel Depth:32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display:Yes Mirror:Off Online:Yes Built-In: Yes
OS VERSION: Mac OS X Version 10.6.6
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO ISSUE: -PI issues: 1. Open Science and Industry Tab 2. Double click active planet 3. While Science and Industry Tab is open and while in "Planet Mode" double click on another planet in the Science and Industry Tab. 4. Client suddenly freezes and quits. *Client has only done this once for me, have not been able to replicate since*
-Character Creation Issues: 1. Log into game 2. Select desired character 3. Window opens and asks if i want to recustomize, I click "Yes" Then the window asks me to change my shader settings to high. 4. I back out, switch shader settings to high, and I move the character texture to high. 5. Reopen Character creation and find it significantly laggy. *Issues for resolving this have been posted already. Simply raise and lower shaders settings while getting character set up*
Sorry for the lengthy post, hope this helps.
|

Donder Wolkje
|
Posted - 2011.01.25 09:27:00 -
[35]
this still happens to me constantly:
1. Open Science and Industry Tab 2. Double click active planet 3. While Science and Industry Tab is open and while in "Planet Mode" double click on another planet in the Science and Industry Tab. 4. Client suddenly freezes and quits.
iMac 27" quad core i7 6gb ram osx 10.6.6
|

Karlos Zhang
|
Posted - 2011.01.25 14:36:00 -
[36]
Character creation seemed to work pretty well for me under 1.1.0. Under 1.1.1, I have the dental check effect. That's where all you see are the teeth, tongue and a few shadows of clothing but no skin, hair or eyes. Changing setting does not seem to have an effect.
I also have constant crashing at times, but I suspect this is an Apple issue more than anything unless ccp can find a way to make my graphics run cooler.
|

Omega Agemo
|
Posted - 2011.01.25 23:33:00 -
[37]
I cleaned up my fonts and haven't had a startup crash in a couple of days. The client, however, still suddenly quits. Jumping into a system or switching planets in PI seem to raise the odds of a crash. Jumping into a system and launching PI almost always causes a crash if done in rapid succession.
Model Name:Mac Pro Model Identifier:MacPro3,1 Processor Name:Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed:2.8 GHz Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Memory: 10GB System Version:Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567) Kernel Version:Darwin 10.6.0
|

Malakai Asamov
Minmatar Mad Bombers
|
Posted - 2011.01.26 10:37:00 -
[38]
So in my ship hangar all the ship icons show a blackbackground with a white exclamation mark. In my items hangar all the drones have the same exclamation icon. The ship icons also do not show on locked targets.
Macbook Pro, 2.4ghz 2gb ram, geforce 8600m
OSX Leopard 10.5.8
This happens anytime i login. Tried clearing cache, display settings and random things like show info(which also show exclamation mark icon).
Can someone at ccp please acknowledge this.
Removed signature because the "image is not available" message was larger than we allow for signatures. Please check the link and repost the signature. - Adida |

Qettesh
|
Posted - 2011.01.26 19:11:00 -
[39]
In addition many of the issues already posted here, including the issues with the portrait creator being to slow to use at proper settings, hence the blank portrait!
The main issue I wish to report is since updating the patch for 1.1.1 I am unable to to duplicate or copy the client. When Incursion was release I downloaded the full new client release and duplicated that for my other account. Since updating the client with the 1.1.1 patch the client cant be copied or duplicated and the follow message is received.
The alias "Eve Online" cannot be copied to the destination, perhaps because the destination does not support this type of alias.
System: OS X 10.5.8 iMac7,1 2.8 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, Graphics ATI,RadeonHD2600
|
|

CCP Gangleri
Minmatar

|
Posted - 2011.01.27 09:41:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Qettesh In addition many of the issues already posted here, including the issues with the portrait creator being to slow to use at proper settings, hence the blank portrait!
The main issue I wish to report is since updating the patch for 1.1.1 I am unable to to duplicate or copy the client. When Incursion was release I downloaded the full new client release and duplicated that for my other account. Since updating the client with the 1.1.1 patch the client cant be copied or duplicated and the follow message is received.
The alias "Eve Online" cannot be copied to the destination, perhaps because the destination does not support this type of alias.
System: OS X 10.5.8 iMac7,1 2.8 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, Graphics ATI,RadeonHD2600
Please note that the character portraits shown here in the forums and in the client will not be affected by the settings you have locally, so while generating a portrait may not be quite the same experience with low settings the final image will be rendered with higher settings. There are however some complications to this, at lower settings for an example some assets may not load fully, and lighting will not affect the avatar in the same way.
As for the issue you describe with copying the client I am not able to reproduce this problem, have you tried searching for this error message to see if there are some knowledge base articles out there? ------------------ Tester, Scrum Master Quality Assurance
|
|

Trebor Daehdoow
|
Posted - 2011.01.27 11:02:00 -
[41]
Edited by: Trebor Daehdoow on 27/01/2011 11:04:19
Originally by: Qettesh The alias "Eve Online" cannot be copied to the destination, perhaps because the destination does not support this type of alias.
Several possibilities come to mind:
1) It's related to the fact you are running 10.5 vs. 10.6
2) The destination volume uses a variant filesystem (ie: not HFS-journalled) such as UFS that does not support the type of alias being used.
3) Your volume has some directory corruption that is causing weirdness.
To troubleshoot, I would recommend that you first use Disk Utility on the volume (and check to make sure it's HFS), and once that factor has been eliminated, download a fresh copy of the full client, and test to see if you can duplicate it.
If your volume passes Disk Utility checking *and* is HFS *and* you are still getting the problem with a fresh copy, it is likely something 10.5/10.6 related. If so, CCP QA is going to have to A/B compare the previous and current client package structure.
Another complicating possibility is that something may have barfed during the update process.
Confessions of a Noob Starship Politician The most expensive free trip to Iceland you'll ever win!
|

Arros Dakduif
Vanishing Point. The Initiative.
|
Posted - 2011.01.27 12:28:00 -
[42]
Edited by: Arros Dakduif on 27/01/2011 12:31:01 The new patch (1.1.2) won't install correctly on my Macintosh.. the patch downloads ok but then says "Some of the files have been modified! Please re-install". You've gotta be kidding me. Any workaround?
details say: "Examining File: /Contents/Frameworks/libwinealsa.drv.dylib -> SHA1 Error". rest seems fine.
|

Toovhon
|
Posted - 2011.01.27 21:20:00 -
[43]
Eve for Mac is still quitting to desktop without error or warning randomly after jumping. I wish I could go back to pre-Incursion which mostly worked. The latest patch has not fixed any of the issues I'm having with crashes and empty brackets for some player ships in my overview.
Mid-2007 24" 2.8GHz iMac, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6.6 -- Frog blast the vent core! |

Varoweii
|
Posted - 2011.01.28 00:12:00 -
[44]
Having the update loop problem previously mentioned. Downloaded patch, it automatically restarts the client, then verifies it over and over again.
Macbook 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
|

Qiel
Minmatar The New Guardians of Eden
|
Posted - 2011.01.28 03:07:00 -
[45]
Finally managed to get it all fixed. Needed to reinstall the client and run the Eve Repair Tool, and then reinstall the client. Things cleared up. Of course, I had to make sure I didn't run eve between the steps, but it finally worked.
Originally by: Qiel I have the same issues as listed here.
Originally by: Letalnye Shenchine Edited by: Letalnye Shenchine on 22/01/2011 05:10:45 Still having issues with Character Customization in 1.1.1
When I open the Character Customization interface, what I see is this: link
If I put clothes on I might see some clothes. I never see skin, eyes, hair, or any other body part other than a set of teeth and a neck hole. This is the same with the second screen, where I would take photos. All in all, it makes character customization feel like a crap shoot. 
This effect persists regardless of what I do with the video settings -- full screen, windowed mode, with or without anti-aliasing, etc.
System Details iMac 4.1 CPU: Intel Core Duo 2GHz processor (one processor two cores), 2MB L2 cache GBU: RadeonX1600 128MB RAM Memory: 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667 MHz bus speed in two DIMM banks of 1GB each Display: 1680x1050 32-bit color OS 10.6.6
How to cause the issue Open Character Customization screen.
Work-arounds Select "NO" when asked whether to enter character customization screen.
UPDATE
Another work around is to lower the quality of the character customization screen to Low.
|

closet monsters
|
Posted - 2011.01.30 17:27:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Statis Launching the client causes a black screen with sound, no graphics. Tried 3 times to restart all with the same result. I did a power down / up between tries and the only application I tried to launch was the eve client.
Model Name:iMac Model Identifier:iMac11,1 Processor Name:Intel Core i7 Processor Speed:2.8 GHz Number Of Processors:1 Total Number Of Cores:4 L2 Cache (per core):256 KB L3 Cache:8 MB Memory:4 GB Processor Interconnect Speed:4.8 GT/s Boot ROM Version:IM111.0034.B02 SMC Version (system):1.54f36
Chipset Model:ATI Radeon HD 4850 Type:GPU Bus:PCIe PCIe Lane Width:x16 VRAM (Total):512 MB Vendor:ATI (0x1002) Device ID:0x944a Revision ID:0x0000 ROM Revision:113-B9110C-425 EFI Driver Version:01.00.383 Displays: iMac: Resolution:2560 x 1440 Pixel Depth:32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display:Yes Mirror:Off Online:Yes Built-In:Yes Connection Type:DisplayPort Display Connector: Status:No Display Connected
I have exactly the same problem, i found that deleting the preferances folder in the library fixes it for one log on 50% of the time but it isnt reliable.
|

Toovhon
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 00:43:00 -
[47]
It's been what - three weeks now? And Eve for Mac is still crashing to desktop without warning or error half the time I jump. I can't fleet up and play with anyone, or do anything dangerous while this **** continues. I'm really not sure what I'm paying for... -- Frog blast the vent core! |

Mara Rinn
|
Posted - 2011.02.10 03:14:00 -
[48]
Ha ha... in addition to the random crash-to-desktop for no apparent reason, I also have the issue where if I'm in space when the servers shut down, I can't quit the game.
When the server shuts down I'll end up with my HUD, overview and brackets overlaid on top of the login screen. I cannot interact with any elements except the dialog boxes (you know, the ones advising me that the 'transport has been disconnected') and the ability to summon the ESC menu. Selecting "Quit Game" from the ESC menu asks me if I really want to quit right now, and saying yes to that will dismiss the "do you really want to quit" dialog box, with no other effect. i.e.: game is still running, showing the login screen with my HUD & overview still present.
I should report this as a bug, but here it is to provide some entertainment.
-- [Aussie players: join ANZAC channel] |

Toovhon
|
Posted - 2011.02.10 04:27:00 -
[49]
I've had that happen too, but Force quitting by using Command-Option-Esc has always worked to get me out. -- Frog blast the vent core! |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |