| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Florence Valentine
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 18:33:00 -
[1]
When I was doing art at school, I was told that the hardest thing when creating your masterpiece is knowing when to stop. The EVE character creator has for me, unfortunately, brought home this point.
I logged into EVE, and saw the option to adjust my Avatar. So what the hell, a few tweaks here and there - what harm could I do? Well, the results are not to my liking, see link.
I thought I had crafted an image of beauty, but this is more like beast. Perhaps you disagree, so let me know.
I had thought about petitioning this, in the vain hope that they keep previous avatar iterations on "cache". But I'm pretty sure they won't (And I'm sure CCP are getting very bored of players grief with the character editor). If anyone else has had a similar experience, please let me know. I would like to take solice in the knowledge that I'm not the only one who, in the pursuit of perfection, achieved exactly the opposite!
|

Lycantim Audeles
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 18:36:00 -
[2]
wow you look old and scary now...
|

Calfis
Amarr F.R.E.E. Explorer The Initiative.
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 18:37:00 -
[3]
umm.. what to say... LOL? 
|

Inir Ishtori
Perkone
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 18:49:00 -
[4]
well, i know how you feel. i wouldn't say that i ruined my avatar but i liked the way she looked before the last change more than her current look.
before and after.
the interesting thing is that there is actually no significant change besides a little bit of colour on the cheecks, slightly different eyeliner(from last to second last option) and just a small change in head tilt while taking a picture. result: going from quite serious, a little bit cold and more mature look to a friendly and girly one  knowing when to stop is indeed quite important.
|

Cathy Drall
Amarr Royal Amarr Institute
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 18:51:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Florence Valentine I thought I had crafted an image of beauty, but this is more like beast. Perhaps you disagree, so let me know.
I think she looks pretty decently, to be honest!
"Im not nearly as paranoid as people think I am" |

Aryanna Ta'Lone
Amarr 21st Eridani Lighthorse
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 19:10:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Florence Valentine When I was doing art at school, I was told that the hardest thing when creating your masterpiece is knowing when to stop. The EVE character creator has for me, unfortunately, brought home this point.
I logged into EVE, and saw the option to adjust my Avatar. So what the hell, a few tweaks here and there - what harm could I do? Well, the results are not to my liking, see link.
I thought I had crafted an image of beauty, but this is more like beast. Perhaps you disagree, so let me know.
I had thought about petitioning this, in the vain hope that they keep previous avatar iterations on "cache". But I'm pretty sure they won't (And I'm sure CCP are getting very bored of players grief with the character editor). If anyone else has had a similar experience, please let me know. I would like to take solice in the knowledge that I'm not the only one who, in the pursuit of perfection, achieved exactly the opposite!
"Damn CONCORD photographers" thats what I say...you look fine.
|

Yaerav Aeyar
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 19:25:00 -
[7]
Erm, well, not sure if this is the most appropriate place to ask this, but: where exactly did you find the option to adjust your avatar? I have been looking in game, in Eve insider and on the forum, but I fear I must be daft, blind, or both 
|

smoky26
Gallente Skyforger Tactical Narcotics Team
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 19:28:00 -
[8]
Mrs.Skeletor is that you???
|

EnslaverOfMinmatar
Amarr Viziam
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 19:41:00 -
[9]
There is a history slider in the editor. Use it when you screw up. uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs ʎɯ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹɐ noʎ
|

Eura Sukor
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 19:42:00 -
[10]
Confirming you ruined your face.
|

Dorkus Americanus
The Laugh Factory
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 19:59:00 -
[11]
The new you reminds me of Patrick Swayze dressed in drag in that movie "Too Wong Foo: Thanks For Everything Julie Numar". 
|

Crumplecorn
Gallente Eve Cluster Explorations
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 20:04:00 -
[12]
What option to adjust our avatar is being referred to here? -
I wish I was a three foot tall doll with a watering can and heterochromatic eyes |

HeIIfire11
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 20:39:00 -
[13]
She looks ok.If anything the chin is a bit too wide but other than that she's cool
|

Ingvar Angst
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 20:48:00 -
[14]
To be honest, the after looks a lot more real. I'd let her stay in the morning and make breakfast.
|

Skylitsa
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 21:20:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Skylitsa on 08/02/2011 21:19:53 You look fine, eve universe has plenty of space for TS folks!
|

Gloombunny
Amarr
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 21:24:00 -
[16]
Looks fine, good cheekbones and more personality.
|

Eura Sukor
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 21:25:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Gloombunny Looks fine, good cheekbones and more personality.
And a lovely adam's apple.
|

Hiram Alexander
Caldari Holdfast Industries
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 21:32:00 -
[18]
Mailed you in-game - from an alt.
Best of luck,
--HA |

Violet Varannar
Minmatar Eve University
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 21:36:00 -
[19]
Plastic surgery is a ***** :)
I got an extra dose of lip collagen myself. Amanda Lepore would be jealous. 
|

Shander Maxum
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 21:58:00 -
[20]
Wish I could tell you something you want to hear but, you'd never be put to the front of the line gettining into a dance club or anything.. and only the bald guys would buy you drinks once you were in.
Truly, preventing players with good intentions from unlimmitted (or once a day maybe) remaps in their firs few weeks of creation because a few yahoos would abuse the system really doesn't show much respect or interest in keeping goodwilled customers happy.
Yeah, maybe in pvp -competitive issues they got to assume that anything that can be exploited will be and that stopping it is for the good of the whole game.
But thats not the situation here... let this chick look good or however he wanted her(to give us other players the best content to look at in the game) and make the guy who designed her that much happier about the game he's playing.
It just isn't going to use up that much resources , and its unlikely to cut too hard into future paid redesign income (might even help that if the bar is set higher by other players).
|

Rawr Cristina
Caldari Sleeping Fury
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 22:00:00 -
[21]
She looks fine; better than most avatars I've seen. Actually has a hint of realism about her.
|

Florence Valentine
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 22:05:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Eura Sukor
Originally by: Gloombunny Looks fine, good cheekbones and more personality.
And a lovely adam's apple.
Yes indeed, I think I look more like a bloke. Anyone heard of Pete Burns? My case rests.
And while my avatar might have more personality, I fancy myself more as girl-next-door, which the first image had plenty of. Instead I look like I'm verging on P**nStar/Drag.
Cheers Hiram, got your in game msg. Thanks for the support.
I wonder if I could petition a GM for an "opinion". They might take pitty on me. But I'll sleep on it tonight, see if the cold light of day gives me a different perspective.
I'll say one thing, I applaud CCP on the superb character creator which, with just slight changes, can create such different moods, personalities, and make monsters of fair maidens!
|

Internet White Knight
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 22:09:00 -
[23]
<duke_nukem>Your face, your a**, what's the difference?</duke_nukem>
Seriously though, CCP will let people redo when the missing options are released like tattoos. |

Larkonis Trassler
NibbleTek Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 22:50:00 -
[24]
Nice bone structure
|

Eamiela
Caldari Terry-Thomas's School for Scoundrels
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 23:05:00 -
[25]

|

Noran Ferah
Red Sky Morning
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 23:18:00 -
[26]
If only name changes were allowed, my dear Ms. Joan Rivers.
and, you looka like a man
|

Mag's
the united Negative Ten.
|
Posted - 2011.02.08 23:25:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Noran Ferah If only name changes were allowed, my dear Ms. Joan Rivers.
and, you looka like a man
This. 
Originally by: Allestin Villimar Also, if your bookmarks are too far out, they can and will ban you for it.
Originally by: Torothanax Low population in w systems makes afk cloaking unattractive.
|

Skylitsa
|
Posted - 2011.02.09 00:49:00 -
[28]
Has there been any news about any last character redos? To be honest, if I were the OP, I would have deleted my character . That's very hardcore even for a game like eve.
Anyway, if we get another redo, I'll use it to change my lipstick color to a more earth tone so that it balances the vividness of my facial structure.
|

Drunken Idiot
|
Posted - 2011.02.09 01:40:00 -
[29]
Nah, you look just fine, OP.
|

Anne Civre
|
Posted - 2011.02.09 03:55:00 -
[30]
You could look like me.
Actually you could BE me. I will sell you me for 2B + 2 plex to cover transfer. Then simply swap portraits and voila, you are beautiful.
Contact me in game.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |