
Umega
Solis Mensa
|
Posted - 2011.02.23 21:49:00 -
[1]
This thread makes me want to punch babies with some of the posts.
Originally by: d00m2 My tactics are simple: I try to aggro only one group. I note the wave trigger ships and kill them last. I stay near the max range of my optimal and keep transversal near 0. I pop the frigates from 30 - 50KM then kill the cruisers before going after the battleships.
EFT lists my DPS as 258 and 317 with Hammerhead IIs. Optimal is 30KM.
I know the fit is basic but it's still more advanced than some low-sp Maelstrom Level 4 fits that can supposedly solo Level 4 missions. Each BS and most BCs take too long to pop and I must nearly constantly run my shield booster and thus my cap booster once most of the ships aggro.
Why are you waiting to fire til in optimal? Just start pounding them out to your max lock range, and keep pounding them as they burn towards you.. this makes it their trans/angular zero-enough to pop frigs with ease. Also allows you to knock out, if not all.. a signficant number of ships before they in range. Offense is part tanking.
Do not group all weapons. Make four sets of two. Wasting cannon fire with them all grouped on smaller targets like frig/des/cruiser.
Pulse the shield booster, do not be lazy and try to make a perma on a mael. Drop the booster, BUT keep it with you(stationed). You will need the booster for some missions, like WC and other heavy incoming dps missions. Otherwise chuck it for a tracking computer or boost amp.
Your dps and going with 12s over 14s leads me to believe your core skills are on the low side. Which imo.. stick with the 12s.. fitting 14s will be too much of a sacrifice to make happen, and ACs will not perform as everyone is claiming when you don't have good falloff/tracking/optimal/T2 skills.
Keep the afterburner.. get shadow serp 100mn is cheap faction prop that eats less cap + faster than T2.
The T2 shield booster is eating your CPU, get rid of the proc in low for third gyro or DCU which ever makes you feel more comfortable with your skill set. Get the Domination XL-SB.. its not one of the expensive ones, 50ish mil last I looked and performs just like a T2 XL but differently.. it boosts faster, but for less using less cap.. if you know how to manage shield pulses and your caps natural recharge rate effectively, it actually performs better than the T2.
Use RF ammo if you want, in artillary til your skills catch up to produce good enough alpha/dps with regular T1 ammo. I strongly recommend not using RF for ACs.. just like I don't recommend ACs til you have good base skills in falloff/optimal/tracking/RoF. When you do have such tho.. AC all the way. ---------------------------------------- Treat the EVE markets like you are its Pimp.. it is your 'willing' employee to fondle n use n abuse as you please. |