| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Ingvar Angst
Amarr Omni Industrial Coalition Crooked Cross
|
Posted - 2011.03.01 17:36:00 -
[31]
(Yeah, it's a troll, but...)
Let see...
Spend a couple evening hours staring blankly at a TV screen while American Idol melts my brain cells or...
Spend a couple of evening hours in Eve, with the brain actively engaged in various ways.
Believe it or not, computer games are far better for you than watching tv. Of course, there are better things still, so you need balance.
|

Ticarus Hellbrandt
|
Posted - 2011.03.01 20:10:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Gaiofguys Edited by: Gaiofguys on 27/02/2011 00:01:45
Quote: Can I haz your stuff?
Played the game a while back and now I have a new hard drive. So I don't have any stuff to give, sorry.
poor troll
|

AxeMan2
|
Posted - 2011.03.01 20:44:00 -
[33]
EVE IS RL. EVERYTHING ELSE YOU DO IS THE FANTASY!
|

Sirene Wiggins
Caldari
|
Posted - 2011.03.01 21:01:00 -
[34]
Originally by: AxeMan2 EVE IS RL. EVERYTHING ELSE YOU DO IS THE FANTASY!
I LMAOed =)
~`~`~`~`~
Fight for Peace! Make Love not War! Unless you love to kill... |

RavenPaine
|
Posted - 2011.03.01 22:24:00 -
[35]
Thats a hard question to answer...
Sort of like: Why do people post threads in the wrong forum ?
|

Yurij Sobeit
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 13:42:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Ticarus Hellbrandt
Originally by: Gaiofguys Edited by: Gaiofguys on 27/02/2011 00:01:45
Quote: Can I haz your stuff?
Played the game a while back and now I have a new hard drive. So I don't have any stuff to give, sorry.
poor troll
Or maybe... maybe... as he does not play Eve anymore, he did not re-install it on the new hard drive ? You can't give stuff via forums can you ?
But nevermind, I played quite alot of Eve lately so I'm outta brainzpowa.
|
|

CCP Adida
C C P C C P Alliance

|
Posted - 2011.03.03 15:13:00 -
[37]
Moved from skills discussion since this topic is asking a general question.
Adida Community Rep CCP Hf, EVE Online
|
|

Rellik B00n
Lethal Death Squad
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 15:17:00 -
[38]
IS THIS THE QUEUE FOR THE ****TER? . -IRON MIKE IS hi sec lolwarrior- |

Mashie Saldana
Minmatar Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 15:25:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Mashie Saldana on 03/03/2011 15:25:35 Nice troll, I'll give the OP 4/10.
Lowsec is like rockets - nobody uses that content, why fix it?
|

Leeroy McJenkins
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 16:10:00 -
[40]
A better question is why Gaiofguys is still here.  ---------------------------- GoonWaffe is recruiting. |

Zedrik Cayne
Gallente Starscream Industries
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 16:14:00 -
[41]
This game is fun because of: http://hulkageddon4.machine9.net/animated/
You will want to view it in Google Chrome. As the framerate in FireFox 3 is abysmal and it doesn't even work in internet exploder. (I just discovered that it will render competently in safari) --
Originally by: "RedSplat" You're the internet equivalent of a Deepfried Mars bar filled with stupid.
|

Helicity Boson
Amarr The Python Cartel. The Defenders of Pen Island
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 16:22:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Zedrik Cayne This game is fun because of: http://hulkageddon4.machine9.net/animated/
You will want to view it in Google Chrome. As the framerate in FireFox 3 is abysmal and it doesn't even work in internet exploder. (I just discovered that it will render competently in safari)
I hadn't even seen that. You're my ****ing hero Zed.
|

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Caldari Rogue Drone Systems
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 16:42:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Gaiofguys What about for those of us that have lives and don't want to expend unecessary brain power on a game when it could be directed towards the real world?
Congratulations on having a life. Me, I don't have one. I got tired of it.
Perhaps that is why I play Eve Online. Escapism. Mind you, like you I was one of the cool kids, once. The problem is, the more of a life I had, the less I enjoyed myself. The more I learned about the world, the less I wanted to participate in it. Today I vacillate between states of apathy and abject horror. One look at the news is all it takes to do it.
Maybe spaceships and lasers are a welcome respite after I've logged onto Liveleak and seen a 7-year-old with his head blown off in Libya. Maybe the real world isn't that interesting in the first place.
|

Joe Skellington
Minmatar JOKAS Industries Matari Legion
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 17:03:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Gaiofguys
What's so attractive about MMOs? Meeting other people? Only then, they're actually just strangers who you blow up in virtual time. So, you might end up hating them as if they were NPCs - and you'll never meet them in real life.
Not true, some of my good friends i've met in MMOs. Some even meet and get married.
0/10
|

Mya ElleTerego
Amarr The Hull Miners Union Northern Coalition.
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 17:42:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Joe Skellington
Originally by: Gaiofguys
What's so attractive about MMOs? Meeting other people? Only then, they're actually just strangers who you blow up in virtual time. So, you might end up hating them as if they were NPCs - and you'll never meet them in real life.
Not true, some of my good friends i've met in MMOs. Some even meet and get married.
0/10
I had a corp meetup in sacramento and brought some good friends (corp mates) of mine to the strip club for some lap dances. Was my way of thanking them for sticking it out. We had a blast, got hammered and plan to repeat the event.
|

Syn Callibri
Minmatar 21st Eridani Lighthorse
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 17:47:00 -
[46]
I am NOT going to post in this....damn. 
|

Selinate
Amarr Red Water Syndicate
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 17:52:00 -
[47]
Eve is ok. Everything else just sucks that much worse, or I've played and become burnt out on everything else.
Played WoW for a few months, got to 80, didn't want to deal with the gear score B.S. and raiding, so I quit.
Played Aion to level 35 or something (god knows why I played it to that high a level), quit because NCsoft is the biggest bunch of idiots that I have ever had the displeasure to deal with when it comes to customer support... oh and the game was grindy, purely luck-based, and sucked.
Played Planetside. Was a pretty good game. Dead now, though (and outdated graphics at this point, not sure if my comp could even run it since the game is so old).
Eve beats all MMO's out right now. I'll be waiting to see if any of the ones coming out are any better, but I dunno.
|

Avon
Caldari Versatech Co. RED.OverLord
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 17:57:00 -
[48]
Edited by: Avon on 03/03/2011 17:57:23
Originally by: Gaiofguys
What about for those of us that have lives and don't want to expend unecessary brain power on a game when it could be directed towards the real world?
You are worried about wasting brain power which should be used in real life .. and tell us this by posting on an interweb chatboard?
Retro sig |

Namir Ika
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 18:44:00 -
[49]
What is real life?
Oh... that thing coming next patch when you will be able to get out of the pod and walk into space stations, right?
|

Conrad Makbure
Gallente Teutonic Brotherhood
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 20:48:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Clueless Alt Because it's the only game where you are encouraged to be a **** and scam people, and have your victims laughed off by the devs.
You know, if one wanted to cancel his or her's account, they'd have to shut off their card because these ****ing thieves at CCP will hit your card after you "cancel" your account? Business ethics like that will come back to them and **** them up if that's the kind of reputation they want. -Makbure
|

Gaiofguys
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 20:49:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Gaiofguys on 03/03/2011 20:51:55
Quote: The problem is, the more of a life I had, the less I enjoyed myself.
You aren't supposed to enjoy life. You're supposed to live it though.
Quote:
You know, if one wanted to cancel his or her's account, they'd have to shut off their card because these ****ing thieves at CCP will hit your card after you "cancel" your account? Business ethics like that will come back to them and **** them up if that's the kind of reputation they want.
Hm... that's true. But there's a lot of thieves out there - namely, the people at evony keep giving me 'game cents' even though I don't play that game anymore.
Because I made a depressive decision to fill out a continuous payment plan to begin with.
|

Syn Callibri
Minmatar 21st Eridani Lighthorse
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 20:57:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Namir Ika What is real life?
Oh... that thing coming next patch when you will be able to get out of the pod and walk into space stations, right?
Wrong wrong wrong...its the latest expansion of 2nd Life. 
|

Burnharder
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 20:57:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Gaiofguys
Because I made a depressive decision to fill out a continuous payment plan to begin with.
I have the same problem with my local gym.
|

mechtech
SRS Industries SRS.
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 21:05:00 -
[54]
Eve isn't fun at all to me, but it's still interesting, satisfying, and something that I love to be a part of.
|

p0rkch0pz and applesauce
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 21:07:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Denevive Hadah guys, you're being trolled.
|

Leeroy McJenkins
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 21:19:00 -
[56]
Originally by: p0rkch0pz and applesauce
Originally by: Denevive Hadah guys, you're being trolled.
Perhaps feeding a troll gives em that warm fuzzy feeling inside, like when another man comes in your bung hole. ---------------------------- GoonWaffe is recruiting. |

Neutrality17
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 21:20:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Rage MorbidCloud This game gets boring after you find out how much time you have to put into flying different ships. And if you do fly a different ship, you have to wait until your other skills are at level 4s or lv5 to fit them properly. I know when my time is up, i aint coming back... Come up with something else besides, well this game is not for you, go play wow...blah blah blah. Come up with a solution where everyone can enjoy this game, not just the ones who have nothing else to do but wait.
Dust 514...
|

Jireel
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 21:25:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Burial Day If excelling at real life takes all your "brain power," you have issues
This.
|

Blastmeinmy Six Huunuras
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 21:29:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Rodj Blake Edited by: Rodj Blake on 01/03/2011 13:18:40
If Eve were a Tolstoy novel, then other games would be books by Jeffery Archer.
If Eve were a Beethoven symphony, then other games would be tracks from Cheryl Cole's latest album.
If Eve were a Bergman masterpiece, then other games would be directed by Uwe Boll.
That's why people play Eve.
Can I still play EVE if I don't know who any of these people are?
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Gallente Shadow Templars
|
Posted - 2011.03.03 21:36:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Gaiofguys Seriously? Because I get the feeling that people drop out as endlessly as those that join (and those that rejoin).
It just seems like idiocy to me - people join the game because they think that it'll make them seem more intelligent or something.
What about for those of us that have lives and don't want to expend unecessary brain power on a game when it could be directed towards the real world? ----
Detailed explanations please.
There are games for all kinds of people really. For those who wants to use minimum brain capasity you have WoW, while for those who enjoy having to challenge the mind while having fun you have EVE. I dont play EVE because it makes me more intelligent. I play EVE because I love it - and I dont play wow because I feel my brain rots while playing it.
If you feel EVE is above your level of gameplay - it possibly is. But theres no need trying to drag others down with you into the mud because you are not capable of enjoying it.
Originally by: Dianabolic Your tears are absolutely divine, like a fine fine wine, rolling down your cheeks until they flow down the river of LOL.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |