Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Don Carn'age
Don Carn'age

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.04.19 10:26:00 - [91]

lack of dev posts would suggest they are busy beavering away at this "feature" and it will be stealth fixed some time SoonÖ

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
Don Carn'age
Don Carn'age
Caldari
Doomheim

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.04.19 10:26:00 - [92]

lack of dev posts would suggest they are busy beavering away at this "feature" and it will be stealth fixed some time SoonÖ

Don Carn'age
CEO Black Vice

Kin Hanyerec
Kin Hanyerec

Posted - 2005.04.19 10:55:00 - [93]

Originally by: Varia
Not sure whats happening here but since patch i've noticed liquid Ozone fuel is being consumed at a faster rate than the rest.

Last night I checked my pos and was shocked to find my pos was almost out of power grid fuel, which i thought was a little strange so I refueled my pos for 8 days 15 hrs.

I've just check my pos again and all fuels are down to 7 days 18 which is fine except for power which is down to 7 days 6 hours.

So pos owners out there i would check your fuel status.

I'll file a bug petition.

i had that problem too so i calculated the fuel consumption speed for cpu and pg.
what i found is that the pos uses around 100lo/h even if you use 0 pg. I think there's a minimum fuel usage for large cts: this prolly to make people use small cts for pos with a few structures.

In the end i went ahead the problem and i'm increasing my pg use to match the minimum fuel use : around 66% of the total pg.

Kin Hanyerec
Kin Hanyerec
TunDraGon

Posted - 2005.04.19 10:55:00 - [94]

Not sure whats happening here but since patch i've noticed liquid Ozone fuel is being consumed at a faster rate than the rest.

Last night I checked my pos and was shocked to find my pos was almost out of power grid fuel, which i thought was a little strange so I refueled my pos for 8 days 15 hrs.

I've just check my pos again and all fuels are down to 7 days 18 which is fine except for power which is down to 7 days 6 hours.

i had that problem too so i calculated the fuel consumption speed for cpu and pg.
what i found is that the pos uses around 100lo/h even if you use 0 pg. I think there's a minimum fuel usage for large cts: this prolly to make people use small cts for pos with a few structures.

In the end i went ahead the problem and i'm increasing my pg use to match the minimum fuel use : around 66% of the total pg.

Marcus Grisbius
Marcus Grisbius

Posted - 2005.04.19 15:49:00 - [95]

Originally by: Kin Hanyerec

We've been having the same problems with our POS, 2 Gallente towers, reactors, harvesters, etc. If it is a minimum usage thing, then it would be good to have that listed on the management panel. Currently, the panel tells you the towers good for a few days online only to offline itself the next day for lack of fuel. That's not very nice. ugh

Certainty of death... little chance of success... what are we waiting for? - Gimli, son of Gloinn
Marcus Grisbius
Marcus Grisbius
Gallente
Mom 'n' Pop Ammo Shoppe

Posted - 2005.04.19 15:49:00 - [96]

Originally by: Kin Hanyerec

We've been having the same problems with our POS, 2 Gallente towers, reactors, harvesters, etc. If it is a minimum usage thing, then it would be good to have that listed on the management panel. Currently, the panel tells you the towers good for a few days online only to offline itself the next day for lack of fuel. That's not very nice. ugh

Certainty of death... little chance of success... what are we waiting for? - Gimli, son of Gloinn
Dantes Darkheart
Dantes Darkheart

Posted - 2005.04.20 12:35:00 - [97]

We finally experience this problem with Oxygen at one of our POSs. We had it at exactly 7 days, the next day it was down to 4 days. I checked the resources in the tower to verify it was not a display bug and when I counted it up....there really was only 4 days worth of oxygen remaining.

Now, this didn't affect us at all really but I'm sure people have lost millions from this bug and possibly their entire POS because it offlined itself and was subsequently destroyed.

CCP, FIX THIS BUG AND FIX IT NOW. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS AND DEMAND YOU AT LEAST TELL US THAT THIS IS BEING ADDRESSED IN A TIMELY MANNER!Mad

======================================
Deklein Resident/POS Manager/Uber Hauler
"I'm kept warm by my hatred of the POS implementation."
Dantes Darkheart
Dantes Darkheart
Aliastra

Posted - 2005.04.20 12:35:00 - [98]

We finally experience this problem with Oxygen at one of our POSs. We had it at exactly 7 days, the next day it was down to 4 days. I checked the resources in the tower to verify it was not a display bug and when I counted it up....there really was only 4 days worth of oxygen remaining.

Now, this didn't affect us at all really but I'm sure people have lost millions from this bug and possibly their entire POS because it offlined itself and was subsequently destroyed.

CCP, FIX THIS BUG AND FIX IT NOW. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS AND DEMAND YOU AT LEAST TELL US THAT THIS IS BEING ADDRESSED IN A TIMELY MANNER!Mad

======================================
Deklein Resident/POS Manager/Uber Hauler
"I'm kept warm by my hatred of the POS implementation."
Cummilla
Cummilla

Posted - 2005.04.20 17:44:00 - [99]

I'm surprised that CCP doesn't see this single issue as potentially the "dealbreaker" for many people considering a POS.

I know in my case I have permanently tabled the idea of a POS because of this single issue.

Cummilla
Cummilla

Posted - 2005.04.20 17:44:00 - [100]

I'm surprised that CCP doesn't see this single issue as potentially the "dealbreaker" for many people considering a POS.

I know in my case I have permanently tabled the idea of a POS because of this single issue.

Skelator
Skelator

Posted - 2005.04.20 20:04:00 - [101]

I got a answer...
Apparently its been fixed in a patch/serverside? because the problem just vanished this week.. Fuel levels are holding steady but We are also monitoring closely.

Here is a partial explanation of what the problem was

There were problems with the fuel counters in the last client build. They would
state that too many days worh of fuel was in the POS. This was corrected in the
last patch and many players think that they have lost fuel. That is not the
case. The fuel counters should now show the correct number of days worth of fuel
in the POS.

So it looks like no one lost money it was just a case of putting in 3 REAL days of fuel and the counter showing you that you had 10 days..

Like I stated we will watch this closely but it seems to be fixed.
Good Job CCP .

They have us Surrounded again.. the Poor Bastards
Skelator
Skelator
Stronghold corp
Curse Alliance

Posted - 2005.04.20 20:04:00 - [102]

I got a answer...
Apparently its been fixed in a patch/serverside? because the problem just vanished this week.. Fuel levels are holding steady but We are also monitoring closely.

Here is a partial explanation of what the problem was

There were problems with the fuel counters in the last client build. They would
state that too many days worh of fuel was in the POS. This was corrected in the
last patch and many players think that they have lost fuel. That is not the
case. The fuel counters should now show the correct number of days worth of fuel
in the POS.

So it looks like no one lost money it was just a case of putting in 3 REAL days of fuel and the counter showing you that you had 10 days..

Like I stated we will watch this closely but it seems to be fixed.
Good Job CCP .

Cummilla
Cummilla

Posted - 2005.04.20 20:08:00 - [103]

Thanks Skelator. So what is being implied was that the counters were off and what people should have done was adhered to there existing knowledge of per hour requirements of the station and loaded fuel accordingly, irregardless of what the counters said.

This should be good news for all.
Cummilla
Cummilla

Posted - 2005.04.20 20:08:00 - [104]

Thanks Skelator. So what is being implied was that the counters were off and what people should have done was adhered to there existing knowledge of per hour requirements of the station and loaded fuel accordingly, irregardless of what the counters said.

Skelator
Skelator

Posted - 2005.04.20 20:23:00 - [105]

Originally by: Cummilla

Yes this will put ALOT of people at ease..
And thats a good thing :)

They have us Surrounded again.. the Poor Bastards
Skelator
Skelator
Stronghold corp
Curse Alliance

Posted - 2005.04.20 20:23:00 - [106]

Originally by: Cummilla

Yes this will put ALOT of people at ease..
And thats a good thing :)
LWMaverick
LWMaverick

Posted - 2005.04.28 23:24:00 - [107]

Has this bug been fixed yet?
If you want peace prepare for war !
LWMaverick
LWMaverick
Quam Singulari
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2005.04.28 23:24:00 - [108]

Has this bug been fixed yet?

<3
Shifty McMurphy
Shifty McMurphy

Posted - 2007.01.30 21:51:00 - [109]

Warning: FORUM NECROMANCY IN PROGRESS!

Just curious, it looks like this bug was fixed, but did anyone ever have any luck getting a payout for it?

I lost many hundred million ISK due to this bug, and quit for a time because of it. Wondering if everyone else just had to suck it up.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,09s, ref 20240425/0839
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.