| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
|
Posted - 2011.03.21 05:11:00 -
[31]
Which of the events will reveal new information, new features, and the like?
Just the 13:00 Content on Friday and the 15:00 CCP PRESENTS! on Saturday?
...Then when you stopped to think about it. All you really said was Lalala. |

Shandir
Minmatar EVE University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2011.03.21 12:09:00 -
[32]
I too, have decided against purchasing it if it cannot be watched non-live, and will watch a little bit of it on the SD stream, and the rest on youtube later. I have a job and will miss the majority of friday, all of thursday (since they're not going to broadcast it anyway) - and there seems to be no great point in paying for it. - Vote Trebor Daehdoow for CSM and Chairman of CSM. Trebor's Campaign Manifesto |

Aelana Anais
Gallente Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2011.03.21 16:25:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Aelana Anais on 21/03/2011 16:27:50
Originally by: David Isagar Complain some more folks.
Just wait until it's uploaded on YouTube, jeez.
Not the point. The point is I was willing to give CCP monies to watch it in HD instead of subjecting my eyes to the atrocity of watching it at a lower resolution on youtube.
The problem is I am not in their timezone so I wanted the ability to watch it time shifted, like well every other site that does stuff like this, the cable company, my TiVo, etc. Pretty much the only people that don't these days is radio and ccp apparently.
SO instead of giving CCP extra money for something that did indeed have value to me, I am stuck with an inferior product and CCP is stuck not getting extra monies from me. Neither of us win in that environment.
I would predict that a fair number of the people who did buy into the HD stream did so with the idea that they would be able to rewind and rewatch parts of it. I guess I was just one of the few ones that asked instead of assuming. --
|

Qordel
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2011.03.21 21:43:00 -
[34]
Originally by: David Isagar Complain some more folks.
Just wait until it's uploaded on YouTube, jeez.
I'm sure some of it will, but I doubt all 20 hours of it will be. Also, just because people can't watch it between 4am and 3pm due to . . . sleeping and work . . . doesn't mean they don't want to watch it for a week or a month. I understand they're putting a significant amount of production effort into this and that and the bandwidth account for a lot of the cost. I don't have a problem with the cost. I'm glad to pay. But it's kind of useless if I can't access an archive of it and/or time-shift so I can watch that night.
Maybe they'll get around to that sort of thing in the next couple years, if this one is successful enough to justify the trouble on their end.
|

Aelana Anais
Gallente Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2011.03.22 16:43:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Qordel
Originally by: David Isagar Complain some more folks.
Just wait until it's uploaded on YouTube, jeez.
I'm sure some of it will, but I doubt all 20 hours of it will be. Also, just because people can't watch it between 4am and 3pm due to . . . sleeping and work . . . doesn't mean they don't want to watch it for a week or a month. I understand they're putting a significant amount of production effort into this and that and the bandwidth account for a lot of the cost. I don't have a problem with the cost. I'm glad to pay. But it's kind of useless if I can't access an archive of it and/or time-shift so I can watch that night.
Maybe they'll get around to that sort of thing in the next couple years, if this one is successful enough to justify the trouble on their end.
^^ this. Although this year might have good numbers (from people who buy it not realizing you can't time shift), I fear that next year's number won't stand up to it because of the lack of time-shift. I think this would be great functionality and I am sure there are others like me who would happily pay for it. If they base their decision on the number that are willing to pay for the stream without it I am afraid they will never get to doing the time-shift thing. --
|

amonse daey
|
Posted - 2011.03.22 18:11:00 -
[36]
dear ccp is the alliance Panel going to be recording and will it be put on the ccp games youtube channel
|

xJena
|
Posted - 2011.03.22 20:19:00 -
[37]
Originally by: AterraX
Keep Crapple's iCrap away from this, kthxbye...
You're entitled to your personal opinion, but I actually enjoy Apple's products (there are few companies that will give me a shiny new computer free of charge if I throw mine out of a moving car). And I find that their products tend to cause far less hassle (therefore, not crap by my definition), than a lot of other tech companies (of course if you want it done right, your only option is to build it yourself, but that doesn't work too well for laptops...).
So, I might actually enjoy the opportunity of some options discussed, including that of iTunes distribution, though they do not necessarily need to be acted on.
Logical reasons not to use the largest music/entertainment distribution service in the US: -It costs money (I think) -CCP would have to pay money (probably) -Fans would have to pay more money (likely) -Format restrictions -Wait time for availability -Can be slow compared to other options -etc.
Illogical Reasons not to use the largest music/entertainment distribution service in the US: -Apple sucks and I hate it
While iTunes may not be the best option, the idea is reasonable, (who likes waiting for high resolution youtube videos to buffer?), so you could either make the videos available through a torrent or for those who somehow play EVE and don't know how to use a torrent, you could make them available (hopefully free) through iTunes. Just a possibility.
Or CCP could just be lazy and go with youtube and livestreaming only (okay, not that lazy, but still).
It does kind of suck that you miss out on a lot of stuff with the livestream, like all of Thursday and other events they decided not to record, but oh well.
|

Cailais
Amarr Neo-Tech Solutions
|
Posted - 2011.03.23 22:40:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Patient 2428190 Which of the events will reveal new information, new features, and the like?
Just the 13:00 Content on Friday and the 15:00 CCP PRESENTS! on Saturday?
Yeah. Who wants to watch a presentation on incursions when we could just go and play them?
Looks pretty dull tbh.
C.
the hydrostatic capsule blog
|

Rockstar from Mars
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 08:32:00 -
[39]
Is the sample stream down or is it just me? :|
|

Myxx
Atropos Group
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 11:54:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Rockstar from Mars Is the sample stream down or is it just me? :|
can't watch the free stream either for the moment. --
Originally by: CCP Explorer (and if you guys would also stop using Drakes it would be really appreciated, kthxbye).
|

Florestan Bronstein
Amarr Taishi Combine
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 12:25:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Myxx can't watch the free stream either for the moment.
read the OP, no streaming today.
|

Myxx
Atropos Group
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 12:32:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Florestan Bronstein
Originally by: Myxx can't watch the free stream either for the moment.
read the OP, no streaming today.
yes, i just realised that. [12:29:51] Myxx > oh gfdi... i saw the schedule for the viewer and nothing til tommarow? http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1484046 [12:30:04] Myxx > nvm, woke up for nothing, going back to bed for an hour
>.< --
Originally by: CCP Explorer (and if you guys would also stop using Drakes it would be really appreciated, kthxbye).
|

Bob Niac
Gallente Fink Operations -Mostly Harmless-
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 14:41:00 -
[43]
Loxy... any chance flash enabled mobile devices will be able to watch the videos? |

Thorvik
Minmatar Ship Construction Services Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 16:46:00 -
[44]
So... Why would they not stream live the opening ceremonies?
and why start streaming the day after that Fan Fest starts? Not complaining (sortof) but if you are going to stream, wouldn't you stream the key moments? Opening/Closing and key important community stuff in between
|

Rockstar from Mars
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 18:01:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Thorvik So... Why would they not stream live the opening ceremonies?
and why start streaming the day after that Fan Fest starts? Not complaining (sortof) but if you are going to stream, wouldn't you stream the key moments? Opening/Closing and key important community stuff in between
The first day isn't even close to as important as the second day. A lot of people don't even go to the first day, or at least most of it. I wouldn't mind seeing it but its not that big of a deal for me.
|

Bob Niac
Gallente Fink Operations -Mostly Harmless-
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 18:32:00 -
[46]
Rockstar .. isnt your name against the terms of service or something?
|

Rockstar from Mars
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 18:53:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Bob Niac Rockstar .. isnt your name against the terms of service or something?
Is it? How so?
|

sirina Semah
|
Posted - 2011.03.24 23:00:00 -
[48]
Crazy wannabe ninja german dude ftw on open mic night! XD
|

ModeratedToSilence
|
Posted - 2011.03.25 08:37:00 -
[49]
are you going to announce unity properly during these scheduled broadcasts?
|

Deltath Armenak
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2011.03.25 16:00:00 -
[50]
Will there be a recap list of everything announced at some point? I had just missed some info on agent changes, I saw the big agent type/mission type table crossed out :(
There better not be extra courier missions for (Internal) Security agents.
|

Sarmatiko
|
Posted - 2011.03.27 00:01:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Sarmatiko on 27/03/2011 00:01:34 CCP Loxy thanks for good work)
|

Dog Whisperer
|
Posted - 2011.03.27 19:34:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Deltath Armenak Will there be a recap list of everything announced at some point? I had just missed some info on agent changes, I saw the big agent type/mission type table crossed out :(
There better not be extra courier missions for (Internal) Security agents.
Can we also have the track list of the songs that played after Belfast FM on Saturday? There were some good Icelandic songs there!
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |