| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

NoS Dingo
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:39:00 -
[1]
I know today's down time for the servers was to be 2 hours so that is 120 minutes, but it's already been 155 minutes and counting. For the 2 weeks I have been playing, I think the shortest "hour" I have seen is 70 minutes +
Sort of feel ripped off, when in my time zone I can only log on for a 8 hour window each day during the week and I cop this down time every day.
Any chance it can be spread out over a day so it doesn't stuff up the same people every day?
Or, could an eve hour actually be converted to 60 minutes like an earth hour.
|

Char Aznable
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:41:00 -
[2]
Maybe they should ask you to pay more money when they get the servers up in 30 to 40 minutes instead of the scheduled hour.
|

Tyranosaurus
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:45:00 -
[3]
I agree with a 100%.. if its said 1 hour.then it should be 1 hour.. no more no less..
|

Timekeeper
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:47:00 -
[4]
just pretend downtime was scheduled from 10-12:45 or whenever it comes back on and then you won't feel ripped off at all. anyways just chill, you'll have plenty of time to play.
|

Char Aznable
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 12:55:00 -
[5]
Things like this is just the nature of the beast. If you don't like the way it is, then quit. No, I'm not being cynical or whatever. I, for one, feel the game is good enough to put up with the downtime hassles. If you feel it isn't you should send a message to CCP and future MMORPG releasers that we, as gamers, won't put up with this, by hitting them where it hurts, the pocketbooks, and quit.
|

Tyranosaurus
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:01:00 -
[6]
Well..char, since u seem to be a really patient guy, why dont u start with cricket or something. Thing is, that some ppl logg in when time is 12 and maybe got 1 or 2 hours to play, and maintenance still is on, after 1. Sure, i can take it, but maybe there r OTHER ppl then u and me that dont have all time in the world. And telling them to quit? lol u quit!!
|

NoS Dingo
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:03:00 -
[7]
I wasn't asking them to stop the down time. I was asking that it be spread over different times each day so the impact is minor to all.
|

Char Aznable
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:09:00 -
[8]
Your mistake is that you feel that you'er the only one that's inconvenienced by the downtime. The downtime for me is right at 6PM to 8PM, not 9PM. But again, I'm willing to wait, because I believe the game is worth the wait. You're not willing to wait because you feel the game isn't good enough. Then you should protest by quitting. You're not gonna make any progress by continually paying for the account. And again I am completely sincere in what I say, not trying to be cynical at all.
I quit EQ because it wasn't as good as $9.89/month (or whatever I was paying for it) No complaining, no posting on the forum, I just quit.
|

Char Aznable
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:15:00 -
[9]
If you can take it, then why are you protesting for those who can't? Let them protest for themselves. I'm sure they're all mature enough to voice their own opinions.
|

crazy eraser
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:19:00 -
[10]
3 now isenit ? aaaa
and Char Aznable your a idot.
|

Madcow
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:23:00 -
[11]
Extended downtime 1st July 10:00-13:30 GMT We had to extend the downtime more than anticipated. This was in part because more time was spent on taking backups of all persistent data, both to eliminate all chance of data loss during the database maintenance and in preparation to move a new backup to the Test server as part of patch preparations.
______________________ I am just a crazy cow |

Darius Shakor
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:29:00 -
[12]
I have a question about down time too. I would post a new topic but since this thread is talking about it, why not here?
I have been playing EVE for a week now. Everyday, server downtime takes place for me at 12:00-13:00. However, it says on the login window that downtime is 11:00-12:00 each day. Yes I am on GMT as I live in the UK. And I know that downtime does not include daylight savings. But this is summer and we are not on daylight savings.
Does CCP have all their clocks set wrong? I am not complaining so don't take it as such. I have also coped with buggy games before that have to endure constant patching such as X-Plane flight sim. I just want to know why they start the downtime one hout later than it says on the login screen. |

Timekeeper
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:32:00 -
[13]
Well I am in the pacific time zone (GMT -8) but I'm only -7 from the game... So maybe the game time is wrong :)
|

agrizla
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:44:00 -
[14]
You are not in GMT. You are in BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT+1.
|

Elaron
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 13:56:00 -
[15]
Gah, didn't realise that had already been posted :P Darn my 'phone distracting me!
Edited by: Elaron on 01/07/2003 14:00:15 |

Xane
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 14:05:00 -
[16]
Maybe people should claim the extra downtime back on their subscriptions, I mean it's worth all of, er, 1.5 cents per hour.
x a n e |

Bolka
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 14:33:00 -
[17]
Other MOMPGs out there need very very little downtime for maintenance, almost only downtime for upgrades, and that's once every 2 weeks at most.
What on earth is CCP doing with over an hour of daily downtime? Nowadays mission critical systems ensure 99.99% of availablity a year (that's 1:45 hour downtime a year, garanteed with penalties paid if more). Any maintenance can be done without downtime, and data backups certainly do not require downtime.
In a MMOPG you pay much more money than with any other game, and when the servers are not reachable, you don't have anything at all.
|

Loupdinour
|
Posted - 2003.07.01 16:37:00 -
[18]
The people who fret over lost time from playing the game obviously have nothing better to do in their lives.
Some people worry over loosing an hour of training since they weren't on their PC while at work. If this happens to me, big whoop, it's a friggin game people. The game is down for an extra hour or so, go wash your car, or maybe clean up your house a bit or make a better dinner than hot pockets for once.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |