| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Natalie Dorgiers
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:39:00 -
[1]
I know the part where I don't get to play anymore, but I've had a hard time finding up-to-date info on exactly what else I'm giving up. Namely, are characters and possessions still persistent? Is there a guarantee, or just crossed fingers? Looking to make an informed decision here.
Not a troll post. Not an invite for comments on the current state of things. Also infer from my questions that I'd like to keep my stuff, thanks.
|

Zverofaust
Gallente Incompertus INC Fatal Ascension
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:42:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Natalie Dorgiers I know the part where I don't get to play anymore, but I've had a hard time finding up-to-date info on exactly what else I'm giving up. Namely, are characters and possessions still persistent? Is there a guarantee, or just crossed fingers? Looking to make an informed decision here.
Not a troll post. Not an invite for comments on the current state of things. Also infer from my questions that I'd like to keep my stuff, thanks.
One important thing people who unsubscribe give up is their ability to sh!t up the forums with their terrible whine posts.
|

NosubstanceHere
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:43:00 -
[3]
How about you don't unsub and wait to see how things pan out? You jerk ur knee to fast and u will get whiplash lol...
But anyways as far as I know all you lose is training time. I believe all of your assets go to your corp after a certain amount of time has passed.
|

Brooks Puuntai
Minmatar Nomadic Asylum
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:43:00 -
[4]
Characters and Items stay persistent even after cancellation.
|

Dakkan
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:43:00 -
[5]
Everything stays exactly where it is. All that changes is your account goes inactive (you can't log in) which also means your skill training stops. When I've taken a break in the past I set a long skill to train (20+ days) so in the event I come back one will be knocked out. I unsubscribed while logged out in a 0.0 player owned station since I was part of an alliance. I was still there when I resubbed even though the corp I'd been in was dissolved.
|

HeIIfire11
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:44:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Natalie Dorgiers I know the part where I don't get to play anymore, but I've had a hard time finding up-to-date info on exactly what else I'm giving up. Namely, are characters and possessions still persistent? Is there a guarantee, or just crossed fingers? Looking to make an informed decision here.
Not a troll post. Not an invite for comments on the current state of things. Also infer from my questions that I'd like to keep my stuff, thanks.
I know people who quit for 2 years...stuff was fine. Never heard of anyone losing anything other than to hackers and that is rare.
|

William Cooly
Sol Enterprises
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:44:00 -
[7]
If you unsub, when/if you resub, you will have everything that you had when you unsubbed. -
I troll stupid people. |

Doav Inarvo
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:44:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Zverofaust
One important thing people who unsubscribe give up is their ability to sh!t up the forums with their terrible whine posts.
You could realy benefit from a par of $80 monacles. OP: CCP never delete any characters, if you unsub you can come back at any time you like.
|

Abrazzar
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:44:00 -
[9]
No ghost training and no ghost datacores. --------
|

Caterpillar
AUS Corporation CORE.
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:44:00 -
[10]
As far as I am aware, your characters and assets should remain in game even if your subscription expires or is ended. There could be a time limit on how long assets persist on an unsubscribed account, but I have never heard of such a limit.
Maybe a CCP peep will come out of hiding and give you an answer. 
|

Katrina Cortez
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:45:00 -
[11]
Everything stays as you left it... done it many times. Corp gets nothing. It will still be there if you decide to come back. You lose access to all Eve services (forums, etc)
|

Atticus Fynch
Gallente
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:45:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Dakkan Everything stays exactly where it is. All that changes is your account goes inactive (you can't log in) which also means your skill training stops. When I've taken a break in the past I set a long skill to train (20+ days) so in the event I come back one will be knocked out. I unsubscribed while logged out in a 0.0 player owned station since I was part of an alliance. I was still there when I resubbed even though the corp I'd been in was dissolved.
I don't think skills work like that anymore. Once your sub expires, the skill clock stops. ----- A word from John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment -wiki |

HeIIfire11
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:46:00 -
[13]
Originally by: NosubstanceHere I believe all of your assets go to your corp after a certain amount of time has passed.
Not true.
|

LIOZTH
Caldari Divide By Zero Emergent Dawn
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:48:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Zverofaust
Originally by: Natalie Dorgiers Good question by OP
One important thing people who unsubscribe give up is their ability to sh!t up the forums with their terrible whine posts.
@Natalie Dorgiers
You don't lose a thing unless you biomass your character, everything stays "in-stasis" if you will.
@Zverofaust
You seem to be taking this all too personally dude (umad?)- are you related to a CCP DEV or what? Just saying!
|

Herping yourDerp
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:48:00 -
[15]
Originally by: HeIIfire11
Originally by: NosubstanceHere I believe all of your assets go to your corp after a certain amount of time has passed.
Not true.
only if u biomass your character iirc
|

Katra Novac
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:48:00 -
[16]
You get to play something else or you get your life back.
Your characters and goods remain, useful as in the past a lot of players returned after sometime away.
Although the direction the game is going in at the moment, I think there will be less that are likely to return in the future.
|

Silicon Sailor
Northgate
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:51:00 -
[17]
1. Skill click ticks up to the minute your account runs out of $... then it stops You are guaranteed, in the Cancellation documentation, that your stuff SHOULD be OK for up to 6 months. After that, they don't even speculate... some are lucky, some are not... So, Leave for less then 6 months, or leave forecer. And, in any case,
Fair Winds and Following Seas, The Silicon Sailor
|

Bomberlocks
Minmatar CTRL-Q
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:54:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Zverofaust
Originally by: Natalie Dorgiers I know the part where I don't get to play anymore, but I've had a hard time finding up-to-date info on exactly what else I'm giving up. Namely, are characters and possessions still persistent? Is there a guarantee, or just crossed fingers? Looking to make an informed decision here.
Not a troll post. Not an invite for comments on the current state of things. Also infer from my questions that I'd like to keep my stuff, thanks.
One important thing people who unsubscribe give up is their ability to sh!t up the forums with their terrible whine posts.
I remember you complaining like a schoolgirl in local in Dal and here on the forums about your hardware last year, Zvero. Did you buy new panties in the time being? --------------------- Countdown to sub running out: 9 |

NOVA-STAR
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:54:00 -
[19]
Originally by: NosubstanceHere How about you don't unsub and wait to see how things pan out?
LOL. Hasn`t CCP done this since.... Dominion?. Just wait.. a little longer. It will all be better soon.
Oh **** this isn`t a dream... this is a quarter of the player base imploding on itself. and their computer rigs exploding and literally on fire.
|

LIOZTH
Caldari Divide By Zero Emergent Dawn
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:55:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Silicon Sailor 1. Skill click ticks up to the minute your account runs out of $... then it stops You are guaranteed, in the Cancellation documentation, that your stuff SHOULD be OK for up to 6 months. After that, they don't even speculate... some are lucky, some are not... So, Leave for less then 6 months, or leave forecer. And, in any case,
Fair Winds and Following Seas, The Silicon Sailor
Have to disagree here, I have been gone 6+ months before on multiple accounts, and I have not ever run into an issue where any of my stuff has been 'lost'.
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:56:00 -
[21]
You are guaranteed to find everything in perfect working order at least 6 months after you unsub. To this day, CCP has not touched any of the expired accounts... yet.
When you unsub, your remaining prepaid time keeps ticking, and nothing happens until that time runs out. When the time runs out, you can no longer login.
3 days after your time ran out and you haven't resubbed, your skill training stops, you no longer accrue any RP, and your player corp no longer gets any effect from your personal standings.
Whenever you sub back in (unless CCP changes their policy), you get everything back exactly the way you left it (plus 3 days of SP/RP extra).
_
Make ISK||Build||React||1k papercuts
|

Karash Amerius
Sutoka
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:57:00 -
[22]
I unsubbed for about a year back in 2004, and I really wish I could get that training time back.
That is the main downside for sure, losing the training of skills. ========================= Karash Amerius - Operative - Sutoka Fighting Broke - A Eve Online Blog ========================= |

Atticus Fynch
Gallente
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 20:58:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Akita T
To this day, CCP has not touched any of the expired accounts... yet.
That "yet" had a chilling effect. This policy may end soon in order to tie disgruntled players to EVE. ----- A word from John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment -wiki |

Cancel Align NOW
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 21:00:00 -
[24]
On that day where life's stresses catch up with you, the crack ***** will still be standing on the same corner. Due to diminishing returns the quality of her "crack" will have diminished as well.
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 21:01:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Atticus Fynch
Originally by: Akita T To this day, CCP has not touched any of the expired accounts... yet.
That "yet" had a chilling effect. This policy may end soon in order to tie disgruntled players to EVE.
Come back a month every 5-6 months or lose all your stuff. Or sell your char, and get enough PLEX to remake it. Either way, keep a sub going or you're toast.
Frightening line of thought, and if you asked me this last year, I would have told you you're crazy. Today ? Not so much. Sounds more than just believable, it actually sounds almost likely. _
Make ISK||Build||React||1k papercuts
|

NosubstanceHere
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 21:06:00 -
[26]
Edited by: NosubstanceHere on 23/06/2011 21:06:22 Edited by: NosubstanceHere on 23/06/2011 21:05:56 Here is why I thought your stuff goes to your corp after a certain amount of time passes: http://i55.tinypic.com/2v9yreg.jpg
But it could be that the corp only gets your stuff if u boiomass as anther poster mentioned...my bad. That person quit eve and then several months later we haz her stuff...even her capsule lol. But anyways guess I was mistaken...learn something new everyday lol.
|

Malak Alraheem
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 21:13:00 -
[27]
If they nuke accounts after six months then they give players no reason to return. Other than being vindictive, this would serve no purpose. - I just saved a fortune on my ship insurance by switching to Incarna! Yes, you also can save $15 or more a month by cancelling your alt accounts with Incarna! Incarna, the Alt killer! |

LIOZTH
Caldari Divide By Zero Emergent Dawn
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 21:14:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Atticus Fynch
Originally by: Akita T
To this day, CCP has not touched any of the expired accounts... yet.
That "yet" had a chilling effect. This policy may end soon in order to tie disgruntled players to EVE.
I'm unsure this would really 'tie' me to EvE, don't get me wrong I would hate to lose the stuff, but once lost this would just really mean "c'est la vie", on to better and bigger things 
|

Juliette DuBois
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 21:17:00 -
[29]
Lol, if some company tried to make a hostage out of me I`d just quit playing ball with them. 
Still, I`d love to see them try to test how loyal pet dogs their subscribers are. 
|

Natalie Dorgiers
|
Posted - 2011.06.23 21:18:00 -
[30]
Thanks all for the responses. Now that I think of it, I do remember the end of ghost training. Just wanted to make sure CCP hadn't moved to a 6-month auto-biomass countdown or something.
If anyone cares for the details, I still have 4 months to go. So I see it more as putting CCP on probation. I'll keep playing (the peww is still strong), but I've hit the point where I need to see a reason to put faith in CCP that this is just a hiccup in its long rise to perfection. 4 months should be enough for that. And it seems that I can still put the account on ice and continue hoping for the best if 4 months isn't enough. Lots of other games to play in the meantime.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |