| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Smodab Ongalot
Shadows Of The Federation Drunk 'n' Disorderly
131
|
Posted - 2012.12.04 18:25:00 -
[1] - Quote
The new "pre-highlighted" feature in the order window is very nice. But, it seems to now require that I have the mouse cursor in the field to use the mouse wheel.
Previously, the mouse wheel was active as long as the KEYBOARD cursor was in the number field.
Can we get this changed back so that the location of the keyboard cursor dictates where the mouse wheel is active? |

Adree Jericho
The Free Haven Group The Union of Free Worlds
1
|
Posted - 2012.12.05 01:51:00 -
[2] - Quote
Actually this is more of a consequence of the mouse cursor being the indicator for which window is being scrolled, not so much the pre-highlighted text. I can see how the two would've conflicted and I for one think it's probably a good idea to leave the windows separate as I absolutely love scrolling with a mouse over. However, hovering over the teeny tiny blank is probably too extreme. I think that mousing over the order window in general should be enough. It's not like you don't have the mouse in your hand anyway seeing as you had to right click to initiate the order window.
Also in regards to the pre-highlighted text, there seems to be an unintended hiccup. There are circumstances in which the text will re-highlight where it doesn't make sense to do so, the most glaring of which for me is when you paste a value to a "modify order" window - the pre-highlighted text will be replaced with the pasted value, but then will immediately re-highlight. I personally have trouble with this since I like to paste in values and then change them slightly using the delete key to remove the cents digits. Of course this wipes out the entire number now seeing as the whole number gets highlighted even after a paste. I'd like to see the pre-highlighting get slightly less over-zealous. |

BigDaddyMcFatSacks
Space Olympics LLC
24
|
Posted - 2012.12.05 21:51:00 -
[3] - Quote
Yeah this is also something that should not have been "fixed". Wastes about another 2 or more seconds per order, not a lot but pretty big inconvience when dealing when hundreds of orders across multiple characters. Put it back or give us the option to change it. |

Violated Soul
Fudge Packers Bum-Fun Brigade
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 01:09:00 -
[4] - Quote
Adding voice....
This sucks harder than a paraplegic clown show.
Please change back/fix CCP |

Dayjavu
The Archaeus Initiative
1
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 02:01:00 -
[5] - Quote
Agree, most annoying. |

drakk3n
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
52
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 07:59:00 -
[6] - Quote
Came here to post a thread about this - glad I'm not the only one.
I have already created a petition for this.
God dam this is so annoying - I cannot even begin to describe how annoying this is for market pvpers like myself. |

Niwt Owt
Lempel-Ziv-Welch Mineral Compression
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 14:18:00 -
[7] - Quote
This also messes up my most common use case. For instances when you are trying to adjust the price by 100-10000 isk the majority of the time it is faster to use backspace than it is to use the mouse wheel.
Now I either have to press end or click at the end of the box or just retype the entire price which multiplied by hundreds of orders is really error prone and significantly increases the time per order as compared to before the change. Now if I forget to press end it will just erase the entire price when I backspace, so either I have to retype the entire price or press cancel and do it all over again.
While it might not sound like a big deal by when you multiply this by hundreds of orders it really makes a difference. |

Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers Project Wildfire
127
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 14:21:00 -
[8] - Quote
Yep, it's annoying. |

Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers Project Wildfire
128
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 17:18:00 -
[9] - Quote
Patch notes for today extend the scroll wheel area to the window, which is better, but previously it was anywhere on the screen.
For what it's worth I prefer the way it pre-selects the price nowadays, since I tended to use scrollwheel to do small adjustments (tenths of an ISK) and retyped anyway for bigger ones. |

Smodab Ongalot
Shadows Of The Federation Drunk 'n' Disorderly
132
|
Posted - 2012.12.06 18:58:00 -
[10] - Quote
Ydnari wrote:Patch notes for today extend the scroll wheel area to the window, which is better, but previously it was anywhere on the screen.
For what it's worth I prefer the way it pre-selects the price nowadays, since I tended to use scrollwheel to do small adjustments (tenths of an ISK) and retyped anyway for bigger ones.
I don't think it's too much to ask for both functions. |

drakk3n
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
52
|
Posted - 2012.12.07 13:29:00 -
[11] - Quote
Still doesn't help me - they should just revert it to what it was like previously.
I haven't been bothered to do my market orders just because of this - it is seriously damaging my isk/hour. |

BlitZ Kotare
Ars ex Discordia Test Alliance Please Ignore
33
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 01:02:00 -
[12] - Quote
I agree with OP and others, this particular change is very annoying. You don't have to revert it all the way to previous, but change the behaviour so that mousing over the entire 'modify order' window will scroll that price, instead of having to hold the mouse pointer specifically over the text box. TIA. |

snake pies
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
69
|
Posted - 2012.12.25 02:02:00 -
[13] - Quote
yes this is problematic |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |