| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Remiel Pollard
Austrollia Scrapyard.
313
|
Posted - 2012.12.09 04:08:00 -
[1] - Quote
Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why.
Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold.
After new bounty system: now, you can include the extra you will get from the bounty, which will be even more based on the value of what's in the freighters hold provided the freighter pilot has a decent bounty on them.
Discuss. You don't scare me. I've been to Jita. |

baltec1
Bat Country
3153
|
Posted - 2012.12.09 04:12:00 -
[2] - Quote
Winter has come. |

Aziesta
Sathainn Braithrean Cartel Apocalypse Now.
196
|
Posted - 2012.12.09 04:13:00 -
[3] - Quote
You also take into account your buddies' bounties, and make sure you get a shot off on them before concord shows up. |

Toshiroma McDiesel
Lupus Draconis Dragehund
50
|
Posted - 2012.12.09 04:20:00 -
[4] - Quote
Aziesta wrote:You also take into account your buddies' bounties, and make sure you get a shot off on them before concord shows up.
This makes the equation ever so much more interesting  I"m not really the Evil One, I'm just his answering service. |

Ptraci
3 R Corporation The Irukandji
741
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 01:36:00 -
[5] - Quote
Remiel Pollard wrote:Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why. Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold. After new bounty system: now, you can include the extra you will get from the bounty, which will be even more based on the value of what's in the freighters hold  provided the freighter pilot has a decent bounty on them. Discuss.
NPC corp freighter alts still useful? |

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
103
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 01:38:00 -
[6] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:Remiel Pollard wrote:Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why. Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold. After new bounty system: now, you can include the extra you will get from the bounty, which will be even more based on the value of what's in the freighters hold  provided the freighter pilot has a decent bounty on them. Discuss. NPC corp freighter alts still useful?
Yes they are still usefull. Just don't haul too much value in the hold. Same as always. |

Johan Civire
Dirty Curse inc.
223
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 01:39:00 -
[7] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:Remiel Pollard wrote:Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why. Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold. After new bounty system: now, you can include the extra you will get from the bounty, which will be even more based on the value of what's in the freighters hold  provided the freighter pilot has a decent bounty on them. Discuss. NPC corp freighter alts still useful?
Nope dont work anymore.. Put a bounty on them hunt them done. |

Surfin's PlunderBunny
The Python Cartel.
4100
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 01:42:00 -
[8] - Quote
Toshiroma McDiesel wrote:Aziesta wrote:You also take into account your buddies' bounties, and make sure you get a shot off on them before concord shows up. This makes the equation ever so much more interesting 
I hate variables  "Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff-á |

Mars Theran
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
502
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 02:41:00 -
[9] - Quote
Another Fun fact: While considering a suspect flying in space today, I realized that not only was I likely to be able to gank his Proteus with my Thrasher , but he could immediately post killrights to his friends, potentially having them catch me before I dock if I did.
The one thing I wasn't sure of, was if the killrights were applied immediately upon attacking being as success was no longer a requirement. Aggression is immediate = killrights would then be immediate?
So either way, I thought of some interesting ideas after that. 
..also, more in line with the OP; someone has to put a billion+ bounty on them first. zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub |

Surfin's PlunderBunny
The Python Cartel.
4102
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 02:44:00 -
[10] - Quote
I just had a fun xmas gift I dea... on Dec 25 everyone gets killrights on everyone else for 24 hours! That would be awesome  "Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff-á |

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
126
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 03:00:00 -
[11] - Quote
Remiel Pollard wrote:Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why.
Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold.
Discuss.
Still people need like 8-10 tornados to gank one freighter, whole bounty amount (20%) split betwen all these players after kills, if freigher pilot got like 10mil bounty on him here no big reinbustment ( cost of losses) for this small amount of bounty. This efect may be stronger but who put like 1-10bil isk on freigter pilot, its more waste of money than profit form gank. EvE isn't game, its style of living. |

Cannibal Kane
Legion of Tears
820
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 05:07:00 -
[12] - Quote
Mars Theran wrote:Another Fun fact: While considering a suspect flying in space today, I realized that not only was I likely to be able to gank his Proteus with my Thrasher  , but he could immediately post killrights to his friends, potentially having them catch me before I dock if I did. The one thing I wasn't sure of, was if the killrights were applied immediately upon attacking being as success was no longer a requirement. Aggression is immediate = killrights would then be immediate? So either way, I thought of some interesting ideas after that.  ..also, more in line with the OP; someone has to put a billion+ bounty on them first.
When you kill a suspect. They do not get kill rights to activate on you. He and him alone can shoot at you.
However I have noticed that people fly around as a suspect in expensive ships have got Logi with them.
I'm not a Pirate, I'm a Terrorist.
The Crazy Space Poor South African.
*Hair done by LGÇÖOr+¬al, because I'm worth it. |

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra Gallente Federation
316
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 05:09:00 -
[13] - Quote
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:I just had a fun xmas gift Idea... on Dec 25 everyone gets killrights on everyone else for 24 hours! That would be awesome 
Just for Christmas.... remove CONCORD. Screw killrights  You don't scare me. I've been to Jita. |

Aila Garris
Hedion University Amarr Empire
10
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 05:18:00 -
[14] - Quote
Alliances with large bounties on them may find their haulers in significantly more danger now. Bring on the NPC corp alts! |

Eru GoEller
State War Academy Caldari State
34
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 05:57:00 -
[15] - Quote
Remiel Pollard wrote:Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why. Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold. After new bounty system: now, you can include the extra you will get from the bounty, which will be even more based on the value of what's in the freighters hold  provided the freighter pilot has a decent bounty on them. Discuss. It's only profitable if someone else then your party have put up the bounty! |

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra Gallente Federation
316
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 06:17:00 -
[16] - Quote
Eru GoEller wrote:Remiel Pollard wrote:Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why. Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold. After new bounty system: now, you can include the extra you will get from the bounty, which will be even more based on the value of what's in the freighters hold  provided the freighter pilot has a decent bounty on them. Discuss. It's only profitable if someone else then your party have put up the bounty!
Indeed, so it's still a "target of opportunity" system. In other words, nothing has changed except the added chance that a bountied freighter pilot with a valuable cargo on AP will come your way. You don't scare me. I've been to Jita. |

Sildan Smith
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
11
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 09:17:00 -
[17] - Quote
As much as I hate to encourage high sec ganking, someone brought up an interesting idea that would open up a possible exploit to the bounty system when suicide ganking.
eg. 10 person freighter gank and if those 10 people have bounties make sure that you all have at least 1 laser targeted on each other.. pop the freighter like a pinata, get the freighter bounty, and then get the bounty from each other when concord blows you all up.
Not sure how many people it takes to gank a freighter, but it's definitely an opportunity to clear your bounties and profit from them as well as getting the freighter loot.
|

Sentamon
342
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 11:04:00 -
[18] - Quote
Sildan Smith wrote:As much as I hate to encourage high sec ganking, someone brought up an interesting idea that would open up a possible exploit to the bounty system when suicide ganking.
eg. 10 person freighter gank and if those 10 people have bounties make sure that you all have at least 1 laser targeted on each other.. pop the freighter like a pinata, get the freighter bounty, and then get the bounty from each other when concord blows you all up.
Not sure how many people it takes to gank a freighter, but it's definitely an opportunity to clear your bounties and profit from them as well as getting the freighter loot.
Sounds like it would work, but you'd only get 20% of the value of the crappy ship you used to gank with. ~ Professional Forum Alt -á~ |

Zheketri
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 11:39:00 -
[19] - Quote
Sentamon wrote:Sildan Smith wrote:As much as I hate to encourage high sec ganking, someone brought up an interesting idea that would open up a possible exploit to the bounty system when suicide ganking.
eg. 10 person freighter gank and if those 10 people have bounties make sure that you all have at least 1 laser targeted on each other.. pop the freighter like a pinata, get the freighter bounty, and then get the bounty from each other when concord blows you all up.
Not sure how many people it takes to gank a freighter, but it's definitely an opportunity to clear your bounties and profit from them as well as getting the freighter loot.
Sounds like it would work, but you'd only get 20% of the value of the crappy ship you used to gank with.
In the case of Ganking with Tornadoes, it could be worth it on it's own.
However, I'm inclined to wonder if you need to apply actual damage to claim the bounty of would, say, a warp disruptor be enough. If it were the case you could carry a couple extra disruptors and spread them around your gank fleet as you get ready to die. That would a fair number of bounties to collect. (I suggest the warp disruptor only because you won't be able to warp anyways.)
Might be a alot of button mashing, but if you're locking up all kinds of "friendlies" that could go a long way to deflating the gank costs. "Once you have taken his place, have you then defeated your enemy?" |

Valari Nala Zena
Perkone Caldari State
45
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 12:29:00 -
[20] - Quote
Johan Civire wrote:Ptraci wrote:Remiel Pollard wrote:Here's a fun fact: bounties make high-sec freighter ganks more profitable. Here's why. Before new bounty system: in examining whether or not a freighter is worth ganking, you had to factor in the cost of your losses due to suicide v. how much you would make from the freighter's hold. After new bounty system: now, you can include the extra you will get from the bounty, which will be even more based on the value of what's in the freighters hold  provided the freighter pilot has a decent bounty on them. Discuss. NPC corp freighter alts still useful? Nope dont work anymore.. Put a bounty on them hunt them done.
I got the next best project for goonswarm to spend their isk in:
1) Spot freighter alts in NPC corp with valuable cargo. 2) Put high bounty on them. 3) Repeat steps above forever. 4) No freighters are safe anymore, tears everywhere (aka profit)
Or, allow everyone to put bounty on NPC corps. |

Stitcher
Re-Awakened Technologies Inc
367
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 12:58:00 -
[21] - Quote
the moral of the story being, if you're a freighter pilot, don't be stupid.
Same as it was before, then. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
644
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 13:00:00 -
[22] - Quote
Get the hell out of the NPC corp and into a player corp where you can be wardecced and you can stop worrying about suicide ganks.
|

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra Gallente Federation
321
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 13:08:00 -
[23] - Quote
Natsett Amuinn wrote:Get the hell out of the NPC corp and into a player corp where you can be wardecced and you can stop worrying about suicide ganks.
Hi, thanks for your articulate contribution to my thread. I'm between corps at the moment, just had a very interesting offer today that will take 24-48 hours for validation, so I'm just kinda hanging atm. Check my employment history, and you'll see that I just left a corp that I spent but a measly two days with before I got the new offer. If you re-read my OP, you'll notice that I'm not expressing any worry about suicide ganks. I'm not a freighter pilot. In fact, I think I woud enjoy blowing one up.
See you soon  You don't scare me. I've been to Jita. |

Lipbite
Express Hauler
282
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 13:12:00 -
[24] - Quote
You will have to wait forever for freighter pilot with decent bounty.
Also freighter price 1.5b + ~1b cargo resulting in 500m ISK bounty payout will deplete bounty pool very quickly. |

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra Gallente Federation
321
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 13:16:00 -
[25] - Quote
Lipbite wrote:You will have to wait forever for freighter pilot with decent bounty.
Also freighter price 1.5b + ~1b cargo resulting in 500m ISK bounty payout will deplete bounty pool very quickly.
That's what I'm talking about, nothing changes, you're still taking targets of opportunity, except now, the added variable of the bounties means there's an added chance of an increased payout. You don't scare me. I've been to Jita. |

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
99
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 16:15:00 -
[26] - Quote
Johan Civire wrote: Nope dont work anymore.. Put a bounty on them hunt them done.
Put a bounty on someone, then go kill them to collect back a portion of your own money?
How does that make ANY sense? |

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
99
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 16:23:00 -
[27] - Quote
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:I just had a fun xmas gift Idea... on Dec 25 everyone gets killrights on everyone else for 24 hours! That would be awesome 
I don't understand this.
Results: 1) No hugh sec carebear undocks. 2) Low and null carebears only undock/leave the POS shield if local is empty. 3) People that like to PVP form up into roaming fleets looking for people to shoot, then spend the day trying to out maneuver each other, each fleet trying to only get into fights it is sure to win. Since it is impossible that a fight be "sure to win" by both sides, few actual fights occur.
Other than the part where no high sec carebears even undock, how is that any different from any other day in EVE?
Why would the high sec carebears not undocking be so awesome? |

Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
1233
|
Posted - 2012.12.10 16:35:00 -
[28] - Quote
Sildan Smith wrote:As much as I hate to encourage high sec ganking, someone brought up an interesting idea that would open up a possible exploit to the bounty system when suicide ganking.
eg. 10 person freighter gank and if those 10 people have bounties make sure that you all have at least 1 laser targeted on each other.. pop the freighter like a pinata, get the freighter bounty, and then get the bounty from each other when concord blows you all up.
Not sure how many people it takes to gank a freighter, but it's definitely an opportunity to clear your bounties and profit from them as well as getting the freighter loot.
The gankers can shoot each other well before the freighter gank. The most damage done in the last 15 minutes determines who gets the bounty. So they should shoot each other while waiting for a target to show. That way once a target does show they can still apply max dps to it. http://vincentoneve.wordpress.com/ |

Mars Theran
Tribal Liberation Force Minmatar Republic
507
|
Posted - 2012.12.11 01:31:00 -
[29] - Quote
Cannibal Kane wrote:Mars Theran wrote:Another Fun fact: While considering a suspect flying in space today, I realized that not only was I likely to be able to gank his Proteus with my Thrasher  , but he could immediately post killrights to his friends, potentially having them catch me before I dock if I did. The one thing I wasn't sure of, was if the killrights were applied immediately upon attacking being as success was no longer a requirement. Aggression is immediate = killrights would then be immediate? So either way, I thought of some interesting ideas after that.  ..also, more in line with the OP; someone has to put a billion+ bounty on them first. When you kill a suspect. They do not get kill rights to activate on you. He and him alone can shoot at you. However I have noticed that people fly around as a suspect in expensive ships have got Logi with them.
Yep, he had an Oneiros and a Guardian iirc. They had suspect flags to from repping him, but they docked when they expired. Makes the station game a little more drawn out when they have to do that I think. Much better with the new system as the old was just far to much flim flam. zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |