| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Letifer Deus
|
Posted - 2003.07.07 21:19:00 -
[1]
Which would be more effective at absorbing damage? A VM-15 Multispec, or a Large Clarity Ward Booster?
The MV-15 will reduce dmg by these percentages based on Maller shields:
40% EM 32% Thermal 24% kinetic 16% Explosive
The Large Clarity replenishes ~30 2/3 shield HP per second.
I am the OG PIIIIIMP |

Random
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 11:28:00 -
[2]
im not shure but i think the multys drain ur cap like hell, aboute 3sek 50cap so i woldnt use them. Thats more than all my gunns do in the same amount of time. I think ppl with porj weapons are the only 1ns that can use multys. I just use 2 70% to thermal/emp 12sek 20cap and most gundam in my space are emp/thermal based.
MASS-Random S-A
Edited by: Random on 08/07/2003 11:28:48
|

Letifer Deus
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 15:25:00 -
[3]
Clarity uses more cap than the VM-15. =0 But this is assuming one is using proj, so it is the only thing draining cap. I got about 50-60 seconds out of the clarity b4 cap dies.
I am the OG PIIIIIMP |

StoreSlem
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 20:30:00 -
[4]
Calculation job for storeslem!!
as I now know the exact stats on the large clarity ward, :P
80 cap 92 shield 3.4 seconds
27.1 shield per second 23.5 cap per second 1,15 shield per cap
the multispectral thing uses 50 cap every 3 seconds, or 16,6666 per sec.
The multispectral shield reduces all damages by 40% (drop natural resistances, they have no effects but makes it sound difficult).
For the effect of the multispectral shield to equal the effect of the clarity ward, 27.1 shield per second, you need to sustain 75 damage per second (without a shield hardener), as 27.1 / 0.4 = 67.75. More than 67.75 damage per second, and the multispectral is more effective.
However it might be that your capacitor is more precious than time (in most npc fights this is true). The clarity ward heals 1.15 shields per cap, and we know the multispectral use 16.66 cap/sec. 16.66cap/sec * 1.15 shields/cap = 19.2 shields/sec. Then we do 19.2 / 0.4 = 48. You have to sustain 48 damage per sec (without a shield hardener) for the multispectral to be more effective.
UPDATED :]
btw what shield skills are affecting shield boosters ?
Edited by: StoreSlem on 09/07/2003 02:01:50
|

StoreSlem
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 20:30:00 -
[5]
Hope it helps :)
btw give me full stats for the large clarity ward and I'll edit my reply.
|

snotty
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 21:20:00 -
[6]
shield bonus : 92 activation cost: 80 activation time: 3.4 sec cpu usage: 80 tf power grid: 150 Mw
dont forget the shield skills...
|

Letifer Deus
|
Posted - 2003.07.08 22:32:00 -
[7]
this is for PvP, NPC fights are trivial here. (at least for me) BTW, VM-15 uses 50 cap every 3 seconds, not 40. so 16.666.. instead of 13.333...
Edited by: Letifer Deus on 08/07/2003 22:33:45
I am the OG PIIIIIMP |

StoreSlem
|
Posted - 2003.07.09 02:05:00 -
[8]
You just have to find out if its more important to get most shields per sec or most shields per cap. But anyways, at higher damage amounts the Multispectral is clearly best.
|

Letifer Deus
|
Posted - 2003.07.09 03:01:00 -
[9]
did you notice what I said about the VM-15? they are 50 cap per 3 seconds not 40.
I am the OG PIIIIIMP |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |