| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Corran Thorran
Alpha Prime Industrial
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:10:00 -
[1] - Quote
So this morning, after re-installing EVE last night, I get an error message stating The logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\launcher\launcher.exe.log' could not be opened: [Errno] Permission Denied:C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\launcher\launcher.exe.log
Any help you could offer would be appreciated |

masternerdguy
Inner Shadow C.L.O.N.E.
794
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:11:00 -
[2] - Quote
Probably Windows stopping the client from writing to a file you don't have permissions to write to. Things are only impossible until they are not. |

Corran Thorran
Alpha Prime Industrial
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:14:00 -
[3] - Quote
Except I am the administrator on the computer? |

masternerdguy
Inner Shadow C.L.O.N.E.
796
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:18:00 -
[4] - Quote
Corran Thorran wrote:Except I am the administrator on the computer?
As an experiment try changing the permissions of the file in question so anyone can modify it.
EDIT: In Windows 7 if I recall even the admin has files it can't access because the real "root" user (called SYSTEM I believe) is abstracted away and retains the highest permissions. Things are only impossible until they are not. |

Tre Magnifique
State War Academy Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:19:00 -
[5] - Quote
Run the repair tool found in your EvE Online directory. |

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
843
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:35:00 -
[6] - Quote
Ive used the repair tool more post-retribution than I have my entire Eve career. Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings? |

Corran Thorran
Alpha Prime Industrial
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:37:00 -
[7] - Quote
Tre Magnifique wrote:Run the repair tool found in your EvE Online directory. Already did that, no go |

Corran Thorran
Alpha Prime Industrial
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.20 18:45:00 -
[8] - Quote
masternerdguy wrote:Corran Thorran wrote:Except I am the administrator on the computer? As an experiment try changing the permissions of the file in question so anyone can modify it. EDIT: In Windows 7 if I recall even the admin has files it can't access because the real "root" user (called SYSTEM I believe) is abstracted away and retains the highest permissions. Alright I did this, and now I get the "Errors Occured" Pop-up, so running the repair tool to see if this fixes it |

Frederick Rommel
Ky's Del The Veyr Collective
4
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 00:03:00 -
[9] - Quote
Corran Thorran wrote:masternerdguy wrote:Corran Thorran wrote:Except I am the administrator on the computer? As an experiment try changing the permissions of the file in question so anyone can modify it. EDIT: In Windows 7 if I recall even the admin has files it can't access because the real "root" user (called SYSTEM I believe) is abstracted away and retains the highest permissions. Alright I did this, and now I get the "Errors Occured" Pop-up, so running the repair tool to see if this fixes it.... nope, didnt fix it. Any other ideas beyond filing a ticket?
just got this problem too. I tried reinstalling the entire client and that didn't work.
IM SUFFERING WITHDRAWLS! HELP! |

Xercodo
Xovoni Directorate
1624
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 00:25:00 -
[10] - Quote
The last time I ran repair tool was when trying to get to Bucky.....when it was offline lol The Drake is a Lie |

galenwade
Red Federation RvB - RED Federation
71
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 01:20:00 -
[11] - Quote
Corran Thorran wrote:masternerdguy wrote:Corran Thorran wrote:Except I am the administrator on the computer? As an experiment try changing the permissions of the file in question so anyone can modify it. EDIT: In Windows 7 if I recall even the admin has files it can't access because the real "root" user (called SYSTEM I believe) is abstracted away and retains the highest permissions. Alright I did this, and now I get the "Errors Occured" Pop-up, so running the repair tool to see if this fixes it.... nope, didnt fix it. Any other ideas beyond filing a ticket?
Long shot, but can you move your eve client, and your page files to a different HDD ? Preferably one that is fresh .
|

Corran Thorran
Alpha Prime Industrial
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 06:22:00 -
[12] - Quote
Actually talked to EVE support and they said to remove the program, delete the entire folder, then re-install everything so I'll let everyone know how that goes in a couple of hours |

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture Beyond The Dark
91
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 10:20:00 -
[13] - Quote
I got this, ran the Repair tool.
Launcher doesn't load, but the client itself does. just bypass the launcher and pin the client to the taskbar. |

Ergophobia
Kangaroos With Frickin Lazerbeams Ninja Unicorns with Huge Horns
0
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 10:27:00 -
[14] - Quote
Himnos Altar wrote:I got this, ran the Repair tool.
Launcher doesn't load, but the client itself does. just bypass the launcher and pin the client to the taskbar.
This got it working for me. |
|

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises Otherworld Empire
5892
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 11:02:00 -
[15] - Quote
Restart the computer? lol maybe the log file is in use by a process and as thus cannot be written to.
So either restart the computer or find the process and kill the handle.
/c
|
|

RaTTuS
BIG Everywhere - Everything
225
|
Posted - 2012.12.21 11:04:00 -
[16] - Quote
Chribba wrote:Restart the computer? lol maybe the log file is in use by a process and as thus cannot be written to.
So either restart the computer or find the process and kill the handle.
/c ^ this http://eveboard.com/ub/419190933-134.png
|
|

ISD Praetoxx
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
741

|
Posted - 2012.12.21 12:01:00 -
[17] - Quote
Thread moved to Issues, Workarounds & Localization forums
- ISD Praetoxx ISD Praetoxx Lieutenant Community Communication Liasons (CCLs) Interstellar Service Department |
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |