| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.06.27 20:03:00 -
[1]
Minerals opened the week on the up swing with sellers capitalizing on the trend away from mineral recovery of many industrial corporations. Low end minerals still hold onto the best bet for low risk good return operations, however based upon both sellers and buyers there is not enough recovery operations providing those minerals.
If this sort of trend continues the already high costs of ships and equipment will force non-industrial corporations back to the asteroid fields. The only way to avoid this upward spiral is for these two groups to provide each other support and dispense with the constant hostilities. This is a true symbiotic relationship and not one of adversity.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Flammius
|
Posted - 2005.06.27 20:21:00 -
[2]
I bet your images are going to get moderated; but I must say - very nice work.
Now, if someone could just provide the same service for New Caldari, Amarr, Pator and Luminaire also... _________________________ Scientist, manufacturer, trader
Selling Co-processor II, Tachyon Beam Laser II, Modulated Strip Miner II Buying Tech 2 BPOs (check my bio ingame) |

Alexander Karatis
|
Posted - 2005.06.27 20:39:00 -
[3]
Generally a reporting service for the general economy would be out of this world. THe data is there-CPP just needs to build us a Pivot-like module where we can create our own reports.
|

mirel yirrin
|
Posted - 2005.06.27 20:42:00 -
[4]
I'm sorry...I can't stop....I can't resist.....NERD!!!!! Sorry 
------------------------------------------- 05.05.05 16:22 [Notify} Combat Your Mega pulse Laser 2 strikes bunny, wrecking for 983.2 dmg . ... <<< Now Bunny is made of ash >:D .. |

slothe
|
Posted - 2005.06.27 21:06:00 -
[5]
wow nice graphs, hope tehre not moderated.
Say hello on our forum @www.aserea.com or join our public channel ingame "MLM Public" lordmix >... i helped a corp m8 pull it off |

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.06.28 05:04:00 -
[6]
Graphics have been replaced with links. -- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Alexander Karatis
|
Posted - 2005.06.28 05:15:00 -
[7]
Was the "nerd" etiquette reffering to me or the initial poster? If you mean the latter than I'm sorry you can't appreciate thevaluable service Cristobal is providing. I'm glad to see someone take the initiative and develop this service. IMO, this should be organized in a more formal basis, providing various reporting and consulting services to corporations that need it.
It definately is a market niche that no one has paid enough attention to.
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.06.28 05:46:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Cristobal on 28/06/2005 05:46:41
Alexander Karatis -- Thank you for your considerate reply.
Other areas of interest currently are:
- Advanced Materials
- Processed Materials
- Raw Materials
- Ice Products
However, before I begin posting this information I wanted to see what sort of reception the mineral prices received.
These listings are for the Genesis Region only, as I strongly feel that the overall market closely follows the directions set in that region.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Alexander Karatis
|
Posted - 2005.06.28 10:38:00 -
[9]
BTW, you might want to stick to a basic rule which sais positive is green and negative is red. That is, numerically, not "good" or "bad". So if a price has a risen, and that is generallybad, you should still display it with green.
It's much less distractive and objective this way. Remember a report is a report, it's not a reccomendation or an opinion! You can add those after!
Just a friendly note!
Keep up the great work!
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.06.28 15:29:00 -
[10]
Alexander Karatis -- Changed the coloring scheme.
Thanks for the feed back.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Alexander Karatis
|
Posted - 2005.06.28 17:01:00 -
[11]
BTW, since you are comparing two prices, (start of week vs end of week) what you are showing is the "change" or "variance" not the trend. Trend reffers to something broader and usually involves a line graph indicating activity over a wide timescale (in our case months).
BTW, if you're collecting raw data, you might as well collect it into an excel spreadsheet so as to build a good database. Excel will also allow you to turn the data into pivot tables thereby giving you A LOT of flexibility as to how to display it.(different tables, graphs etc.)
Pivot table and cubes in general are very simple to make but if you've never worked with them before let me know and I'll make an example file for you.
|

Oron
|
Posted - 2005.06.29 03:21:00 -
[12]
well done! i just need something like this hope you keep it up to date (and add ice products to it:)
|

Harisdrop
|
Posted - 2005.06.29 17:31:00 -
[13]
Time for a website boys. I would think the Wall street journal of Eve.
Boy I would rather be reading an economic webpage where I can see editorials and every region stats and CEO interviews and information on tech II items and where ships are being sold what prices. I do not want non role player comments.. Time to throw some isk around, soo I can see whats going on where! Wheres the website?? --------------------------
I am on alot of kill boards but the wrong column. I give the killmails to our enemys |

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.06.29 17:53:00 -
[14]
I was thinking of starting a weekly report (which would cost 5-10m a week for a subscription) on T2 minerals, trends, and profitability of POS options. -- Dark Shikari: POS Consultant!
Want your POS to make money like mine do? I've designed POSs that make upwards of 50 million a day in profit--each! Just call me up--no ubermoons required! |

Alexander Karatis
|
Posted - 2005.06.29 19:43:00 -
[15]
That's a great idea...|But could corporations be the subscribers, or would it be a different account for each of their pilots? (That's a rather steep price if its the latter).
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.06.30 00:25:00 -
[16]
Updated trend listing.
I noticed some interest in prices for Ice Products, and that information is currently available in the same format as the mineral trends are for the Genesis Region.
If the interest continues I can begin posting that information at any time.
Also available is trend listings for Advanced Materials, Processed Materials, and Raw Materials.
While there is a possibility that this information could possibly be a money generator I have not gathered it for that purpose.
The purpose is to breath new life into this market segment and to establish Genesis, specifically the Yulai system as the trend setter for price setting for both sellers and buyers. Knowledge is a invaluable tool, and how you use it makes the difference.
And yes Harisdrop, I would rather see that sort of infomation than just a general base average like we have had in the past, along with editorials and interviews from those that are makeing it work and how they do it.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.06.30 17:51:00 -
[17]
Updated listings for 30-JUN-05 and added price trends for Ice Products.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.01 20:50:00 -
[18]
Updated listings for 1-JUL-05. -- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Aeric Bagorin
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 06:35:00 -
[19]
Brilliant. We need more people like you! ONCOR FTW!
-Aeric Bagorin, TNFED
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 15:51:00 -
[20]
Updated for 2-JUL-05 and added Raw Materials to the trend listings.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Saerid
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 16:44:00 -
[21]
Very nice. Makes for an interesting read. Especially that materials market is a real rollercoaster ride.
|

Oron
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 18:28:00 -
[22]
yea, for ice prices! Thank you very mutch!
Would you be intresed to offer the dates as RSS feed? i could offer you to install sutch a feed (or send you the ready made code) would be nice to integrate this in my igb page :)
see you around Oron
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 21:49:00 -
[23]
Oron --- Please provide a little more detail on how you think the process would take place.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Oron
|
Posted - 2005.07.03 06:12:00 -
[24]
Well basicly a webpage where you enter your numbers, the page could even calc around lill bit, percents, trends what ever and ppl would be able include it in theire own page like they do it with the Eve News Feeds
If i get lill bit help with the formulars its not that complex at all.
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.03 16:56:00 -
[25]
Updated for 3-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.03 17:01:00 -
[26]
Oron,
Sounds very interesting, however I am very limited in my knowledge of such things. Having such a service would be fantastic, expecially if it was IGB friendly.
I do not have access to a hosting service that provide dynamic tools that would provide the ability to make real time changes, and that I feel would be an absolute necessity. As it stands, everything I can provide via my service is very static.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Oron
|
Posted - 2005.07.03 18:19:00 -
[27]
lets chat ig about :) i'll convo you
|

Krans Hopeson
|
Posted - 2005.07.04 08:41:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Oron Well basicly a webpage where you enter your numbers, the page could even calc around lill bit, percents, trends what ever and ppl would be able include it in theire own page like they do it with the Eve News Feeds
If i get lill bit help with the formulars its not that complex at all.
I've written a PHP/MySQL application to do exactly that during the weekend. Graphs don't display properly in the IGB yet, but I'm working on it.
More info soon.
KH -- "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask." |

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.04 18:06:00 -
[29]
I look forward to seeing your site in operation Krans Hopeson.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.04 19:23:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Cristobal on 04/07/2005 19:23:10
Updated for 4-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Krans Hopeson
|
Posted - 2005.07.04 22:42:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Krans Hopeson I've written a PHP/MySQL application to do exactly that during the weekend. Graphs don't display properly in the IGB yet, but I'm working on it.
More info soon.
Screenshot
KH  -- "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask." |

Oron
|
Posted - 2005.07.05 00:38:00 -
[32]
nice :)
|

FireFoxx80
|
Posted - 2005.07.05 21:05:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Krans Hopeson
Originally by: Krans Hopeson I've written a PHP/MySQL application to do exactly that during the weekend. Graphs don't display properly in the IGB yet, but I'm working on it.
More info soon.
Screenshot
KH 
If you need a hand, I am PHP developer. Might also be good for you to provide a web service or RSS for your basic data, so other sites can mirror it.
ex P-TMC
If you think you can do a better job, go find yourself a datacentre to host a box, get a copy of Visual Studio, and STFU.
|

Saladin
|
Posted - 2005.07.05 22:01:00 -
[34]
Cristobal all this information is amazing. However, with this new patch Yulai is no longer the trading nerve center of EvE. Regional reports are going to be in demand. Have you given some thought on how to adapt? --------------------------- (c) Copyright Saladin, 2005. Any editing of this post by a third party will be in violation United States Internet Copyright law 46525 of 2003. |

Krans Hopeson
|
Posted - 2005.07.05 22:09:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Saladin Cristobal all this information is amazing. However, with this new patch Yulai is no longer the trading nerve center of EvE. Regional reports are going to be in demand. Have you given some thought on how to adapt?
My system supports multiple people entering data, so once I've got it up and running one person could handle Heimatar, one person Genesis and so on.
Hopefully it'll provide the data needed for people to do Cristobal-type reports for the various different regions.
Of course, it would be much better if CCP just gave us the RDF data feeds. 
KH -- "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask." |

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.06 00:27:00 -
[36]
Updated for 5-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Krans Hopeson
|
Posted - 2005.07.06 08:11:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Cristobal Updated for 5-JUL-05
I'm kinda disappointed that you don't seem to have taken into account the effect that the highways nerf is going to have on mineral prices and volume.
I'm expecting a large spike in price and fall in volume followed by gradual price adjustment as producers choose to move their operations further afield.
This is a long-ish term view, though.
KH  -- "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask." |

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 01:07:00 -
[38]
Updated for 6-JUL-05 -- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 01:12:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Cristobal on 07/07/2005 01:13:41
Originally by: Krans Hopeson I'm kinda disappointed that you don't seem to have taken into account the effect that the highways nerf is going to have on mineral prices and volume.
I'm expecting a large spike in price and fall in volume followed by gradual price adjustment as producers choose to move their operations further afield.
This is a long-ish term view, though.
KH 
I feel it is to early to see much of a change. There are signs currently that one can speak to from either side and make their case as to how the market is expected to go. Time will tell. I do feel that if providers of mined materials who are placing sell orders on the market must begin to pay attention to the buyer's voices. Failure to do so could cause the buyers to resort to internal supply operations which will leave the high prices floating with out a place to land.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.07 23:52:00 -
[40]
Updated for 7-JUL-05 -- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Dantes Darkheart
|
Posted - 2005.07.08 13:04:00 -
[41]
I have to hand it to you, I love the "NPR"ish market watch report. LOVE IT. I'll be watching how this and other related projects progress with extreme interest.
Keep up the great job!
====================================== Deklein Resident/POS Manager/Uber Hauler "I'm kept warm by my hatred of the POS implementation." |

Sophie Mae
|
Posted - 2005.07.08 16:46:00 -
[42]
Edited by: Sophie Mae on 08/07/2005 16:46:58 Truly awesome report!!!
The only thing I can think of that would make it a bit more useful would be to add volumes sold and at what actual or average prices. Seeing the buy/sell order trend is great but it would be even better to see if any of those prices was effective. This is especially true in the more youthful Raw Materials market where the volumes are quiet a bit lower and sometimes the low sell and high buy orders get zero action.
But I have to say again this is great info you are providing. Keep up the good work!!
Sophie Mae
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.08 23:14:00 -
[43]
Updated for 8-JUL-05 - Added trend listings for all production materials. -- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Raven Dru
|
Posted - 2005.07.08 23:48:00 -
[44]
Very nice, would be nicer if it was extended up to the actual construction components 
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.09 19:24:00 -
[45]
Edited by: Cristobal on 09/07/2005 19:24:01
Updated for 9-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.09 19:26:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Raven Dru Very nice, would be nicer if it was extended up to the actual construction components 
I would consider including indicators for those items as I do trade in them. But until a new market center or centers are established that has been placed on the back burner.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.10 23:04:00 -
[47]
Updated for week closing of 10-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Count TaSessine
|
Posted - 2005.07.11 09:31:00 -
[48]
Truly amazing work. Thank you for taking the time! It's like following Business News on CNN :-)
Chairman, ISS
|

Tophereon
|
Posted - 2005.07.11 16:35:00 -
[49]
Cristobal you are a star mate!
Toph. :)
|

Astasia Orian
|
Posted - 2005.07.11 17:31:00 -
[50]
Cristobal you are awesome, thanks for doing this. I was just wondering though why Caesium isn't on the moon minerals report, is it just a case of nobody selling it?
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.11 23:44:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Cristobal on 11/07/2005 23:46:15
Updated for 11-JUL-05
Astasia Orian, please keep in mind that these trend indicators are based upon activity in the Yulai System. While there may be products available in the Region, if that product is not listed in the Yulai System then it will not be posted.
I really appreciate the feed back, and would like to hear from those that are beginning to see a possible regional hub build up, as good trend indicators will be needed in a number of regions.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cannedbeef
|
Posted - 2005.07.12 17:14:00 -
[52]
image wont load..
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.13 01:51:00 -
[53]
Updated for 12-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.14 02:35:00 -
[54]
Updated for 13-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.15 01:16:00 -
[55]
Updated for 14-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.16 18:32:00 -
[56]
Updated for 16-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.18 03:41:00 -
[57]
Updated for 17-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Sophie Mae
|
Posted - 2005.07.18 18:14:00 -
[58]
FYI...It seemed that this weekend Raw materails started moving again, but only slightly. Hopefully, volumns will continue to pick back up where they left off just before the patch.
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.19 02:21:00 -
[59]
Updated for 18-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.19 02:21:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Sophie Mae FYI...It seemed that this weekend Raw materails started moving again, but only slightly. Hopefully, volumns will continue to pick back up where they left off just before the patch.
Up until now Raw Materials have been a bit of a disappointment. One would expect that there would be a lot more activity in this area. The outlook is hopeful for the future.
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Cristobal
|
Posted - 2005.07.20 01:50:00 -
[61]
Updated for 19-JUL-05
-- C r i s t o b a l --
|

Count TaSessine
|
Posted - 2005.07.20 09:27:00 -
[62]
I'll say it again: what you're doing for us here is very useful and interestng. Thank you.
As you know, I've been following the Market Watch for some time now and I have a question for you: when you find the lowest and highest buy order, do you take into account the volume of the orders? If you don't take it into account, it would seem to me that the actions of someone selling off a small surplus stock of something to a bargain price get a disproportionate influence on the market analysis we subsequently do.
Chairman, ISS
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |