| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Complex Potential
Blue Republic RvB - BLUE Republic
179
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 10:10:00 -
[1] - Quote
I'm only half serious about this since I figure a SB is probably a better option anyway but I'm interested to see if anyone has managed it.
Here's the very specific requirements:
NPC Guristas Space, 0.0 belt ratting Must have cov ops cloak Must have interdiction nullifier Preferable MWD since I hate slow boating to rats Limit the amount of deadspace and faction stuff to keep costs down
So what's the best fit you can manage based on these horrendous restrictions? According to EFT, with my modest skills, I can fit up a reasonable kinetic armor tank which is amost cap stable with a web but can only manage a measly 400dps using non faction ammo using blasters and light drones. This is only using T2 mods and T1 rigs bth.
Can anyone come up with a crazy, thinking-out-of-the-box type fit that would do better? |

Kartha Shazih
Viziam Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:16:00 -
[2] - Quote
My thoughts:
*To get to know the systems you want to ninja around start with an AF / SB, should be enough (with faction ammo) for belt ratting. *Your dps with the cov ops subsystem sucks and will suck no matter how you fit *After you know the area well enough (AF/SB hulls) - since you are in NPC space, how about a MWD + improved cloak (for mwd+cloak) and change subs when travelling through several systems
|

Complex Potential
Blue Republic RvB - BLUE Republic
179
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:22:00 -
[3] - Quote
I guess we don't do fun round here.
Thanks anyway though.
Actually, if I remove the requirement for cov ops cloak and switch to the improved version for doing the mwd trick, then I can push 550dps which is much better. |

Kartha Shazih
Viziam Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:25:00 -
[4] - Quote
Well if fun is what you want, get drunk, go to the goon home system (VFK) and spam local with 'you are all sh!tposters'. Should get funny pretty quickly  |

Complex Potential
Blue Republic RvB - BLUE Republic
179
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:30:00 -
[5] - Quote
Heh, now that's an idea.
With the mwd cloak trick and interdiction nulli I suppose a t3 can be almost uncatchable without the gimping that comes with cov ops. |

Roime
Shiva Furnace
1691
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:34:00 -
[6] - Quote
If you are fine without covops cloak, check out the sentry drone version with a nullifier, you'll get very nice damage at much more usable range.
-á- All I really wanted was to build a castle among the stars - |

Complex Potential
Blue Republic RvB - BLUE Republic
179
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:42:00 -
[7] - Quote
Roime wrote:If you are fine without covops cloak, check out the sentry drone version with a nullifier, you'll get very nice damage at much more usable range.
Presumably that's with 3 sentry drones and railguns? |

Roime
Shiva Furnace
1691
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:47:00 -
[8] - Quote
4 sentries and either blasters or rails, probably rails these days if the rats shoot your drones so you can stay near them. I used to zoom around applying blaster deeps when the rats were still totally ********.
-á- All I really wanted was to build a castle among the stars - |

Shereza
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
62
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 11:52:00 -
[9] - Quote
Complex Potential wrote: So what's the best fit you can manage based on these horrendous restrictions? According to EFT, with my modest skills, I can fit up a reasonable kinetic armor tank which is amost cap stable with a web but can only manage a measly 400dps using non faction ammo using blasters and light drones. This is only using T2 mods and T1 rigs bth.
Can anyone come up with a crazy, thinking-out-of-the-box type fit that would do better?
Even with 3 MagStabs, a Collision Accelerator Rig, and 2 DDAs you're barely going to crack 500 rDPS with this sort of proteus idea, and at that point all you've got is a glass cannon. Still, if you really want to do something like this and you want "crazy, out-of-the-box" thinking.
[Proteus, Ninja Rat PvE Shield] Drone Damage Amplifier II Drone Damage Amplifier II Drone Damage Amplifier II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
10MN Microwarpdrive II Large Shield Booster II Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge M Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge M Medium Nosferatu II Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector Proteus Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer Proteus Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir Proteus Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration Proteus Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Hobgoblin II x5 Hornet EC-300 x8 Hobgoblin II x2 Salvage Drone I x5
Please note the odd numbers on the drones are for spares. I figure combat drones won't need to be replaced as much as ECM drones will, but by the same token there's the potential for needing to replace them. If you don't feel they'll need to be replaced just make it 10 ECM drones.
Also bear in mind that I'm not seriously suggesting someone fly the ship. It's just a crazy, out-of-the-box design that pushes out 534 rDPS and has something that resembles a tank for ratting. With zero PvP support outside of the ECM drones (and the vampire of course) I don't think it's a serious contender for "ninja ratting," but that's just me. |

Batelle
Komm susser Tod
126
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 21:22:00 -
[10] - Quote
^^^ How are you getting 100m3 of dronebay space with the covert sub?
OP, if you want to go ninja belt rat, take an ishtar with a mwd and cloak. More dps, More cargo, Never need to worry about ammo, fit RR for your drones, utility highslots, Lots of spare drones including ECM if you have an oh-**** moment. Learn to MWD + cloak.
For a proteus fit, I would just go blasters + mwd + web + light drones. Fit the nullifier if you MUST, but you're hurting your dps. Belt rats don't do so much damage and die fast, so I would fit at minimum 3 magstabs, with at least 2 of them faction. Your tank needs to me 1x medium rep, 1x kinetic hardener. You won't need more than this, and you can go deadspace on them. Fill up on ammo.
Sentries are bad for belt ratting for a few reasons. You'll want to get off the warpin point anyway, and you'll want to use blasters + loot. Drone aggro shouldn't be a significant problem in belts. Fighting is Magic |

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
1059
|
Posted - 2013.01.18 21:51:00 -
[11] - Quote
Batelle wrote:^^^ How are you getting 100m3 of dronebay space with the covert sub?
Because there is more than one subsystem with a drone bay? |

Shereza
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
62
|
Posted - 2013.01.19 04:02:00 -
[12] - Quote
Batelle wrote:^^^ How are you getting 100m3 of dronebay space with the covert sub?
The same way anyone else would: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Proteus_Engineering_-_Augmented_Capacitor_Reservoir
Batelle wrote:For a proteus fit, I would just go blasters + mwd + web + light drones. Fit the nullifier if you MUST, but you're hurting your dps. Belt rats don't do so much damage and die fast, so I would fit at minimum 3 magstabs, with at least 2 of them faction. Your tank needs to me 1x medium rep, 1x kinetic hardener. You won't need more than this, and you can go deadspace on them.
Armor tanking hurts your DPS too. Shield tanking might yield a slightly lower sustained tank, but it's got a significantly higher burst tank.
On that note my previous shield-tank build should have been amended to use the Augmented Plating instead of the Nanobot Injector module. More armor repair is useless, but the increased shield and armor HP values wouldn't have been. I think I'll go fix that now.  |

Dibblerette
The Phantom Regiment THE ROYAL NAVY
132
|
Posted - 2013.01.20 17:54:00 -
[13] - Quote
@OP
Regardless of the specific setup you end up with, consider investing a modest 30-40m into a T2 Hybrid Burst Aerator rig, and some 3-5% damage implants. Depending on the fit, I believe you can get close to 600 DPS out of a cloaky Proteus for not all that much ISK. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |