| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mon Maures
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 11:20:00 -
[1]
Well im a sucker for content and after 3 months away the new content has brought me running back. 
Having read through the newsletter and other sources it would seem that there is going to be some sort of faction war and as the patch name "Cold War" suggests this is not going to be open warfare.
The notes also say that they will change the map and highways in empire and allow greater access to 0.0 from empire.
With the battle lines drawn and Amarr/Caldari line up against Gallentean/Minmatar how do you see this war progressing and what impact will it have?
If we have to choose sides what impact will it have on large multiracial corps??
The corp im in is multiracial but mainly Minmatar and we are based primarily in Amarr space, as a Minmatar corp does this mean we have to get out of dodge?
How do you see the war being fought, a trade war?, espionage war?, border disputes? or all three? How do you think the Jovians will fit into the equation?
Personally I've been waiting for this to happen since I started, the NPC political world was far to stable and boring in comparison to the player Alliance politics which is simply fascinating to watch.
I just wanted your feedback, what you think will happen, how you feel it will impact your game. For those who only play in 0.0 does any of this really matter as you are outside the jurisdiction of the empires.
Any feedback aprectiated  The fortunes of war, i'll tell you plain, is a wooden leg or a golden chain. |

pshepherd
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 11:25:00 -
[2]
the Gallente are gonna get Pwnzorred =)
as for the jove, they'll probably just sit at the sidelines, selling military technology in exchange for information.
Hopefully we'll be able to do RP missions :)
|

Nyphur
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 11:48:00 -
[3]
Originally by: pshepherd the Gallente are gonna get Pwnzorred =) as for the jove, they'll probably just sit at the sidelines, selling military technology in exchange for information. Hopefully we'll be able to do RP missions :)
Gallente? Pwnzorred? T2 drones :D. I'm guessing the Gallente and Minmatar will form an alliance and the Caldari will ally with the Amarr against them. The primary battlefield for the gallente-caldari skirmishes will be the old Caldari homeworld which the Gallente took over during the old Gallente-Caldari war. This is going to be the Calari's main objective, I think. The Amarr are just a massive superpower, their laser technology being the closest to the Jovian technology (albiet a lot weaker). Having recovered from their huge effort to take over the Jovian empire, the time at which the minmatar rebelled and gained their freedom, I'm guessing their primary target will be the Minmatar escaped slaves. With an empire that large controlled by one man, you'll be sure they'll waste their time on petty revenge. Any minmatar who wants freedom is going to have to protect it.. from the entire amarr fleet. The Minmatar-Gallente alliance will be one of desparation. The Caldari will ally with the amarr because they are the superpower, expecting to be on the winning side. The Gallente and Minmatar will be forced to ally against them just to survive.
The Jove don't need to buy information. They probably have infallible cloaking devices and frigate-sized jump drives, for all we know. They could be sitting watching us all the time. Not to mention that they have eyes and ears in Concord and probably in Ishukone, to who they gave the pod technology.
It will be interesting to see what will come.
|

Mon Maures
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 11:59:00 -
[4]
Does anyone one know how the player population breaks down, that will have a major impact on proceedings if one empire has a vast numerical superiority over the others.
With all the alts floating about I suppose a census would give a misleading result, still would be nice to know  The fortunes of war, i'll tell you plain, is a wooden leg or a golden chain. |

Aenigma
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 12:08:00 -
[5]
Yeah, well after one empire is finished off, i'd say all the alliances should unite and kick the rest of them. This will lead to the abolishment of Concord, after which we can all do a grouphug and mine veldspar in Yulai and Jita and shoot the orethieves (and other people we don't like) without getting Concordokenned.
|

Ardor
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 12:18:00 -
[6]
Some highways beetween hostile faction will be removed. Some more highways into 0.0 will be added. Blood Raiders will loose the war against the Amarr Empire and flee to Delve where they will build new stations. Beside that I don't think it will in any way change the gameplay of non-roleplayers that are the huge majority of the player base. CCP can not compel with brute force roleplay from one day to the other on their customers.
But I hope they prepare the pilots for other changes following in Kali. I hope for standing based docking, jumpgate and market fees that will effect those players, who have negative standings towards the factions but not those who have neutral or positive standings.
I also hope for some kind of 'liscence to kill' for players with positive standings towards a faction will be available so they can fight the players of the opposing side who also have such a liscence without Concord intervention. WTB: kill-Minmatar-liscence. I hope this liscence is easy to get. A 1.0 - 2.0 positive standing should be sufficient. To get involved into this conflict that this liscence offers must be the choice of each individual player.
Players shouldnt be forced to mission grinding. I vote for penalties for bad standings inside territory of opposing factions but not for additional advantages for good standings.
|

Nyphur
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 12:25:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Mon Maures Does anyone one know how the player population breaks down, that will have a major impact on proceedings if one empire has a vast numerical superiority over the others.
With all the alts floating about I suppose a census would give a misleading result, still would be nice to know 
You're assuming we'll be foreced to fight each other. I'd like to see something in the way of roleplaying there but not being forced to fight each other. I'm thinking a tax that's applied by each state on corporation members not indigenous to their corp. So a caldari in a gallente-started corp would be netting the state 20% of his NPC bounties and mission rewards to help their war effort. It means they're taxing those that don't go to war.
|

Admiral Pieg
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 13:21:00 -
[8]
i wish ccp would introduced 4 factional corps controlled by gm's and ccp staff wich players can join at their will.
For instance, the caldari could get a ccp controlled corp named "Caldari State" wich would be in constant war with its gallantean counterpart. That way players whom want to fight faction wars could do so. ______________________
Pod from above. |

Ardor
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 14:07:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Admiral Pieg i wish ccp would introduced 4 factional corps controlled by gm's and ccp staff wich players can join at their will.
This would be the easiest way to implement. If roleplay corporations like PIE and Masuat'aa Matari can declare war on this faction corporations it could work. Otherwise we would have f.e. 2 different Amarr-Minmatar roleplay wars excluding each other. I doubt roleplay corporations will disband their corps to join Empire corps.
If it's possible to declare war on the faction corps then it must be possible to every corporation. If many corporations are getting involved then we will need alliances or the faction corps have countless enemies while player corps only have the faction corps as enemies. I doubt the CVA or Ushra'Khan will disband their alliances to join faction alliances. Otherwise they wouldnt be able to claim 0.0 territory.
I foresee many pirate corporation suddenly becoming roleplayers and declare war on this faction corps/alliances, too. I dont have a problem with this and support everything that encourages player corporations to support the factions they like most.
I don't think creating some faction corporations is the best solution. It might be better then nothing to get things started.
|

Zyrla Bladestorm
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 14:40:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Zyrla Bladestorm on 02/07/2005 14:40:15 From Oveurs recent interview It sounds like players will be able to sign up to factions and partake officially in the wars come Kali, from the interview I'd guess its akin to giant communal missions, with whichever side achieves the most victorys the winners. He didn't really say much on how much PvP will factor into it or if you will have to join up to NPC corps to join in (I'd imagine if PvP would be a major part that would be required, unless they put the objectives in low sec with one side ordered to defend and the other attack - but depending on how many people take part that could turn into a giant pirate or non-signed up people event rather than working as intended) . ----- Apologys for any rambling that may have just occurred.
|

Hllaxiu
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 14:50:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Hllaxiu on 02/07/2005 14:51:51
Originally by: Nyphur You're assuming we'll be foreced to fight each other. I'd like to see something in the way of roleplaying there but not being forced to fight each other. I'm thinking a tax that's applied by each state on corporation members not indigenous to their corp. So a caldari in a gallente-started corp would be netting the state 20% of his NPC bounties and mission rewards to help their war effort. It means they're taxing those that don't go to war.
As a member of Fountain Alliance, the Concord recognized sovreign in numerous systems in Fountain region. Although I am intaki, I have not been in a Gallente sovreign system for months, and have not engaged in Commerce in a Gallente sovreign system for 6 months. Why should I have to pay the Gallente federation 20%? They don't do a damn thing for me.
(EDIT: I am Intaki in a corp run by a Caldari Deteis. If you say thats a problem, you should go find the Eve equivalent of the *** or something, racism should have died 23,000 years ago)
|

Allen Deckard
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 14:52:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Admiral Pieg i wish ccp would introduced 4 factional corps controlled by gm's and ccp staff wich players can join at their will.
For instance, the caldari could get a ccp controlled corp named "Caldari State" wich would be in constant war with its gallantean counterpart. That way players whom want to fight faction wars could do so.
4 factional alliances would be more interesting in which your corp could join.
|

Zack Branagan
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 16:23:00 -
[13]
I think its about time they started defining the races better. there is too much mixing and matching out there at the moment i think. would be nice to have clearly defined lines drawn for a change and actually give each race more of an identity.
|

Teblin
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 16:58:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Hllaxiu As a member of Fountain Alliance, the Concord recognized sovreign in numerous systems in Fountain region. Although I am intaki, I have not been in a Gallente sovreign system for months, and have not engaged in Commerce in a Gallente sovreign system for 6 months. Why should I have to pay the Gallente federation 20%? They don't do a damn thing for me. (EDIT: I am Intaki in a corp run by a Caldari Deteis. If you say thats a problem, you should go find the Eve equivalent of the *** or something, racism should have died 23,000 years ago)
It's not about racism. It's about encouraging RP without destroying the game for people. 0.0 alliances would be exempt from state tax, obviously, as any actions outside of empire should remain untaxed. --
|

Sergeant Spot
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 18:35:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Hllaxiu Edited by: Hllaxiu on 02/07/2005 14:51:51
Originally by: Nyphur You're assuming we'll be foreced to fight each other. I'd like to see something in the way of roleplaying there but not being forced to fight each other. I'm thinking a tax that's applied by each state on corporation members not indigenous to their corp. So a caldari in a gallente-started corp would be netting the state 20% of his NPC bounties and mission rewards to help their war effort. It means they're taxing those that don't go to war.
As a member of Fountain Alliance, the Concord recognized sovreign in numerous systems in Fountain region. Although I am intaki, I have not been in a Gallente sovreign system for months, and have not engaged in Commerce in a Gallente sovreign system for 6 months. Why should I have to pay the Gallente federation 20%? They don't do a damn thing for me.
(EDIT: I am Intaki in a corp run by a Caldari Deteis. If you say thats a problem, you should go find the Eve equivalent of the *** or something, racism should have died 23,000 years ago)
lol, conflict free society = boring game.
(and if a stifling conflict free society, would probably be worse than society with conflict in RL, but thats a question for out of pod forum......)
|

Selim
|
Posted - 2005.07.02 19:22:00 -
[16]
Any sort of player-run thing would always mean that the Caldari win, simply because 1/3 of everyone is Caldari. 
|

Allen Deckard
|
Posted - 2005.07.03 00:47:00 -
[17]
I still dont understand why you couldn't have the 5 races have their own alliances that a corp could join. The 5 alliances run by npc and always at war.
Wouldn't effect any corp that didn't join one of the 5 alliances/ would always give those that want empire pvp something to be doing ie. a war going on.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |